Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry Roleplay Guild

Back to Guilds

A school of magic, based on J.K. Rowling's books. In need of Professors and Students! Join Now for the February - May year! 

Tags: Harry Potter, Hogwarts, Hogsmeade, J.K. Rowling, Roleplay 

Reply Great Hall
Slytherin Table Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 43 44 45 46 47 48 ... 177 178 179 180 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

kiska166
Crew

Devoted Winner

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2012 6:21 pm

Amanda Davis
First Year: Slytherin

User Image
You Touch Me..
I break you.

Amanda glared back at Juniper. "You seem like you think you are," she said as calmly as she could, not wanting to make a scene in front of the professors. Ugh, hate her! she thought, giving off a small glare. Why did Amanda treat everyone coldly while her sister dealt with more and managed to still have the personality of a Hufflepuff throughout the past eight years? No one knew the answer to that.

wearing

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2012 6:21 pm
User Image
User Image
She smiled at the boy as he acknowledged her. She was certain her impression had been made and she was altogether happy with her choice. What surprised her was the unceasing lack of grace these first year students flaunted. Had they never been taught manners? This would be her advantage against them. These so called serpents were all bite, no sleek. Their harsh words weren’t delivered with any tact whatsoever. Were these truly the best of the bunch?

Their rash decision to challenge a fourth year when they were so woefully unprepared was exactly the kind of mistake that would never have been tolerated in the Gillette home. They delivered their strike without caution, they all seemed like snakes with their heads chopped off, completely forgetting the reason they were snakes. While a snake’s head on it’s own was dangerous, it was the whole package that allowed it to maneuver it’s way into tight corners and sneak up on it’s victims. Serpents were not about brawn, they were about cunning and all of her housemates, or at least the ones that had spoken so far seemed to give up all their tricks before even the sorting ceremony was over. If they didn’t wise up fast, this was going to be a long seven years for them.

Selene thanked her lucky stars that she had been born a Gillette. While the pressures of being a pureblood were unmatched, that was the price one paid for being at the top, being an elite member of an elite group. She knew she shouldn’t engage in a battle of words with these students, but she could easily tell their arrogance would be their downfall.

Selene accepted the boy’s gift with a proper thank you, knowing full well that she may be falling into a trap. But, it was better, for the moment, to acquiesce, may a friend of a fourth year. First years were lowest on the food chain, they held little to know power. Beside’s if she carefully pretended to be inspecting the trinket, they might not even blame her for being the only one to accept the gifts. In fact, if she played her hand right, she might get them to underestimate her, think her foolish for taking the gift.
"Let your enemies believe they have an advantage over you, they are more likely to slip up when comfortable and you can turn the tables, catching them by surprise.". She recalled her mother’s words and the physical manifestation of the lesson that went along with it.

When William had explained that he gave the gift in hopes of unifying the house, she wasn’t certain she believed him. She harbored a bit of suspicion, but, she hoped she hid it well enough. She wondered if her fellow students would ever learnt to play the game as she had. She knew of only one, thus far, Andromeda, though she wasn’t entirely sure. Speaking of Andromeda, where had she gone? Selene was curious to see how she would respond to this whole mess.

She laughed internally, still pretending to inspect the emerald serpent that had begun to slither it’s way up her arm, as the girl, Eretria, also declined the gift.
"It is not wise to make enemies" She chastised the girl in her mind, while she eyed the serpent on her forearm. She wondered if any of the girls noticed her growing smirk. As she listened to them and their continued conversation.

--------------

WITH: Slytherin Table
OOC:

Thanks to Song of Aoede for graphics.

aliciazee

Diamond Wales

Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100
PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2012 6:40 pm
User Image

Eretria glanced around the table as she waited for Amanda and Juniper to finish their... discussion. She would advise Juniper that it seemed Amanda had a temper and might possibly snap if pushed too far, but she didn't have the chance to be discreet about it. Looking about, however, her eyes picked up on Selene. The other girl seemed to be holding one of the bracelets Tay had left out and was even now allowing the thing to coil its way up her arm. What's more, the girl seemed to have a satisfied smirk on her face. Eretria gave a mental shrug. What the other girl decided to do was her own business. She had enough to deal with, and navigating through the viper's nest of lies that was House Slytherin was enough to make for a busy year, indeed. She planned on observing what happened during the course of it, before letting herself choose sides in the neverending battle for dominance.

She looked back at the two other girls with her, and let out a small sigh. "Please, we can probably discuss this later, in a more private setting than this. Let's just enjoy the feast Amanda, Juni." She hoped that by using Juniper's nickname at least Juniper would let it lie until later, when they both could discuss this with cooler heads. Otherwise, this could turn out to be a difficult year for them all.

User Image

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2012 6:59 pm

Amanda Davis

User Image
You Touch Me..
I break you.

Amanda sighed. "Fine," she said, sitting back down in the seat she sat in earlier. Maybe ignoring her and pretending she doesn't exist will make life here easier, she thought, looking down at her empty plate.

wearing

kiska166
Crew

Devoted Winner

Diamond Wales

Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100
PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2012 7:20 pm
User Image

Eretria sighed with a hint of relief when the food finally appeared on their table. She was actually glad, since she had not had anything during the train ride due to being too absorbed in the book she was reading. She started to carefully load her plate with some chicken when she decided to speak again, her questions now more toward a scolarly direction than personal. "So, are you excited about any of the classes we'll be taking?"

She actually rather hoped that this line of questions wouldn't be too invasive for the other Slytherins, seeing as the entire first year she could liken to a powder keg. Her experience was that if a discussion took a turn to something volatile, it was best to redirect the spark before something exploded. "I'm actually excited about Flying, to be honest. Can't wait to get up in the air." A hint of a gleam in her eyes was the only real indication that Eretria was speaking of something she loved to do.

User Image

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2012 7:40 pm

Amanda Davis

User Image
You Touch Me..
I break you.

Suddenly, food appeared in front of her on the table. Delighted, she piled her plate with different vegetables, rice, and chicken, and she began to eat. When Eretria spoke, she looked at her and swallowed her food before speaking. "Flying should be fun. I'm thinking about trying out for Quidditch next year, so I need to be able to fly properly," she explained. Quidditch, the best sport ever made. Too bad muggles will never be able to partake in it, she thought sarcastically. "I'm also looking forward to Potions and Defense Against the Dark Arts. What about you?" she asked, hoping to have more in common with Eretria.

wearing

kiska166
Crew

Devoted Winner

Golden Anbu

Friendly Detective

15,975 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Gender Swap 100
PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2012 7:40 pm
User Image
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

❤♥♡❤♥♡❤♥♡❤♥♡❤♥♡❤♥♡❤♥♡❤♥♡❤♥♡❤♥♡❤♥♡❤♥♡❤♥♡❤♥♡❤♥♡❤♥♡❤♥♡❤♥♡❤♥♡❤♥♡❤♥♡
Vanessa had paused in her notes momentarily when she noticed a couple of the first years were getting on each other's nerves. She didn't want to loose points on the first day like they had previously. Once it was clear the two would not fight right now she went back to her observations. Most of the conversations didn't really interest her but she made notes on them. Truthfully , the pureblood didn't quite know why some of the notes she took were even in there. The friendship notes helped though were constantly changing, the rest still hadn't really come in, though it was one of the few things her parents actually seemed happy she was doing, even if they disapproved of the fact that she was using a muggle notebook to do so.

In her silence, the blonde heard someone mention classes and how she was looking forward to flying. She turned her head towards the girl that had spoken. The gleam was obviously one of someone who spoke of something she enjoyed. "Are you planning on going out for the team then? We have an open position, I beleive" Her voice was soft and on the quiet side. It also didn't help that she hadn't been speaking so they may not have been paying attention and could have missed her voice. "oh pardon my rudeness, I'm Vanessa Hopewell a chaser on the team. I over heard you statement and was curious." she said as she set down her quil on the notebook and turned her attention towards the first years.

So much stuff get's missed in the hustle of life♥ ♥ ♥ ♥

♥ ♥ ♥ ♥stuff that one needs to step back and Observe to notice.

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2012 7:45 pm

Amanda Davis

User Image
You Touch Me..
I break you.

Amanda turned her head to Vanessa. "First years are allowed to try out?!" she asked. This was the first time in a while she'd felt this hopeful. Please let first years try out, she thought, biting her lip as she waited for Vanessa to respond.

wearing

kiska166
Crew

Devoted Winner

Diamond Wales

Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100
PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2012 8:01 pm
User Image

Eretria too had heard the statement and let herself look a bit surprised. "Which positions are available? I'm actually surprised myself, as I thought that first years needed to take flying lessons first." She couldn't quite keep the note of excitement out of her voice, but she excused it for now. "If we are allowed on the team, does that mean we also are allowed brooms when we're accepted onto the team?"

She looked over at Amanda, who looked excited as well. A bit of a smile seemed to settle on her face as she turned back to Vanessa. "No, I took no offense. It is a pleasure to meet you. I'm Eretria Whitethorne."

User Image

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2012 8:57 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
First Year ~ Slytherin

• mood:

Glad for things having calmed down a bit, she took some food and ate slowly as she listened to others talk about quiddich. "Either way, perhaps the current team will give those interested some extra tips and practice time. If you don't make it this year, you might next year. And having a good team will go a long way in winning Cup." She muses a bit to herself, 'Hopefully it's something we can all rally behind... we're too alienated.' Looking at the other tables around them where people were cheerfully making friends, she wondered why that seemed so hard here.

{{OOC: It looks like the game will be played by totally random numbers, so no real way for anyone to be better than another. But there's no way to have it otherwise unless we start stating out our characters. }}

Mistypaw

9,500 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Friendly 100
  • Befriended 100

Golden Anbu

Friendly Detective

15,975 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Gender Swap 100
PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2012 9:08 pm
User Image
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Vanessa flinched at the excitement of the pair. Perhaps she shouldn't have asked. After all in previous years they had permitted it doesn't mean they would this year."We've allowed previously. Though I can't say for certain if we will this year." She spoke as her quil was picked up in her hand and her attention fell back on her notebook. "you man wanna ask our captian, Ronyo for to be certain if he will allow it or not." she gestured towards the male up the table some with her quil. She didn't meant be rude and turn her attention back to the book but she had noticed some stuff that she had needed to write it down.

"We almost have a full team. So if your are allowed don't get your hopes up too high. If you parents send you a broom and you make the team then yes, but most team first years, on the few occasions we've had them, used school provided ones." she continued her conversation, not lifting her eyes from the notes she had gone back to taking. the blonde hadn't meant to get the first years hopes up, but she was honestly curious if they would.

So much stuff get's missed in the hustle of life♥ ♥ ♥ ♥

♥ ♥ ♥ ♥stuff that one needs to step back and Observe to notice.

((Only one Comment: Your excitement startled her since she doesn't talk to many. And officially we do allow first years to tryout but older students take priority and it's the captain's final say.))  
PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2012 9:09 pm

Amanda Davis

User Image
You Touch Me..
I break you.

Amanda looked at Juniper as she spoke. She nodded to show she understood what Juniper said. "By our behavior, looks like that's our only shot at winning the cup," she confessed, knowing it's her fault and that she should change her attitude.

wearing

((Maybe for try outs it'll be up to how you see your character and how good they are at Quidditch instead of just chance by rolls))

kiska166
Crew

Devoted Winner

Ronyo Storm

Werewolf

8,900 Points
  • Guildmember 100
  • Survivor 150
  • Autobiographer 200
PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2012 9:15 pm
User Image User Image
Ronyo Storm - Slytherin
Fourth Year
Slytherin Table

It seemed whatever had been causing the strange sensation was gifted in masking its position as well. Ronyo's meditation time had rendered no further clues as to the location of the weird feeling or Colton for that matter. The white haired Slytherin boy had attempted to find his friend after he found no luck with the dark feeling he was worried about. It was odd that Colton would be so hard to find during his meditation, although it could have something to do with the castle and the countless layers of magic within. Regardless Ronyo had decided to return to the Great Hall and his table to see how the first years were fairing and to see if his house had resisted getting into a fist fight again.

As Ronyo neared his houses table he overheard the last bits of what sounded like a interesting conversation with none other than Tay seeming to be at the for front. That being the case however did not automatically mean the boy was up to no good again, and as Ronyo reminded himself he was thinking about trying to see if there was the possibility of mending any bridges. With the demon gone there was no real reason to continue being rivals on such a scale.

The conversation seemed to have to do with some kind of "gift" Tay was trying to give to the first years. From the sounds there were quiet the handful of snakes already in the house of green and silver. A sigh came from Ronyo's mouth as he thought about how there always seemed to be an abundance of sneaky and untrustworthy people in his house, but he remembered that cunning was a trait of the house even if that trait was shared by more than just snakes in the animal kingdom. It was the sound of Quidditch the perked Ronyo's ear more though as one of his chasers, Vanessa he recalled, was talking about the positions and the try outs.

"Looking to recruit already Vanessa? You don't waste any time do you?" Ronyo smiled as he moved to stand behind his fellow teammate, one of the few Slytherin he found to be decent in nature, "I think we have a chaser spot still open, but everybody tries out every year. Most past players gain their spots back every year but some years players just don't have time so who knows," Ronyo then chuckled and gave a bow realizing he had yet to introduce himself at all, "Forgive me ladies but my chivalry seemed to have slipped upon hearing talk of the game. I am Ronyo Storm, captain of the Slytherin house team a pleasure to make all of your acquaintances. If you wish to have a go for the team please come out to the try outs, I'll post the times on the common room bulletin board. Older students get priority but you never know, there could be a spot for one or all of you, we will just have to wait and see."

Ronyo chuckled to himself this time realizing how much he was talking to members of his own house. It had been sometime sense he had done so without it resulting in extreme differences of ideals and beliefs. He had a feeling a few of the first years already held those opposite views but with Quidditch only on the mind those may become less important for the time being. Ronyo couldn't resist looking over to Tay's group of first years still seemingly debating about the gifts Tay was bestowing on them. It was odd indeed of the highly prideful boy to show such openness and generosity as he was without something to be gained. Loyalty, favors, lowering defenses, or just playing the room and feeling out the crowd? Regardless of results Ronyo could already here information being poured out and if Ronyo knew Tay, he was absorbing it all just as he was as well.

Information was always important, and from what Ronyo could deduce that may be all Tay is after but then again this was Tay. Ronyo looked closer at the objects of interest and noted the individual appearance of rings and bracelets all enchanted with animation charms, but Ronyo had to wonder what else. Tay was not foolish or immature enough to have the objects bestow negative effects on anyone, that would be to incriminating as everyone would know where they came from. In fact any unfavorable outcome resulting from the objects would point right to Tay, which meant the boy wished for this fact to be made known or at the least understood. With a sigh Ronyo relaxed a bit realizing that now the scheming and planning was likely all personal and not all destructive like those of the demon. Any motivation was likely not even on scale with what went down before and was just normal school politics. With a smile Ronyo moved to stand across the table from the Nott boy and gave a nod as he looked at the trinkets once again.

"Tay, good to see you, I hope your summer was well," Ronyo extended his hand in kind for the boy to shake should he choose too, "Those are nice gifts, too bad we didn't have kind upper classmen like that when we were sorted," Ronyo picked up one of the rings just to have a look at it and then placed it back on the table, "Don't worry Tay's gifts offer no ill fated future, such a thing would be to obvious a finger pointed back at himself. Likely Tay just wants to get to know you a little who knows you will likely get to know a little about him as well," Ronyo's word were honest but also held more than one meaning, one for the first years and one for Tay, still Ronyo was hoping for more favorable meeting with the Nott boy this year.  
PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2012 9:23 pm

Amanda Davis

User Image
You Touch Me..
I break you.

Amanda looked at Ronyo as he approached Vanessa. "A chaser. Those are the ones that score, right? You can definitely count me in," she said, still a bit fuzzy on what each position is called. "I'm Amanda by the way," she told him, extending her arm for a handshake.

wearing

kiska166
Crew

Devoted Winner

Diamond Wales

Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100
PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2012 9:26 pm
User Image

Eretria nodded. She had already figured that the older students would be given a higher priority over the newer students in regards to Quidditch, but she hoped that even so, she might make the team. It gave her an excuse to fly, after all, and even though she might not be good at it, it would at least give her something to do. The captain seemed like a nice enough fellow, though she wondered if the teen's assessment of Tay was more because he was a classmate and not because of any type of knowledge. Tay had seemed, well off was the best way to put it, and that made her uneasy around the older student.

"Well, I thank you for the knowledge, Vanessa, Ronyo, and I will keep it in mind. Perhaps one of us would be the piece needed to win the cup, perhaps not. I do want to see if we are." She smiled a bit, before resuming her meal.

User Image

Great Hall

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 43 44 45 46 47 48 ... 177 178 179 180 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games