Welcome to Gaia! ::

Were-Animals

Back to Guilds

Were-Item Guide 

Tags: Furry, Lycan, Anthro, Clan, zOMG 

Reply Contests and Games
~Trivia Contest~ Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 43 44 45 46 47 48 ... 70 71 72 73 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Kangit
Captain

High-functioning Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2012 3:56 pm

Trivia Question: Answered

Which Were-Item would probably give you fresher breath if you ate it?

Answer: Mint Sundae Sweets

Winner: Steel Crimson
Prize: 10,000g, Starmony

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2012 4:37 pm

Kangit
Trivia Question:

Guess: Mint Sundae Sweets?

Chiyo Akeno

Kangit
Captain

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2012 6:24 pm

Steel Crimson
Kangit
Trivia Question:

Guess: Mint Sundae Sweets?

Yep. cat_3nodding
PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2012 11:59 pm

Which Were-Item has the description, "The technology that created this object is so advanced that you're not even sure what it does."?

Answer: Nano-C

Kangit
Captain

Chiyo Akeno

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2012 2:01 am

Kangit
Trivia Question:

Which Were-Item has the description, "The technology that created this object is so advanced that you're not even sure what it does."?

Nano-C
PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2012 2:46 am

Steel Crimson
Kangit
Trivia Question:

Nano-C

Yep. cat_smile

Kangit
Captain

Kangit
Captain

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2012 2:57 am

Which Were-Item can turn you into a Kappa (from Japanese folklore)?

Answer: Mizuchi's Jewel

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2012 3:06 am

Kangit
Trivia Question:

Mizuchi's Jewel?

Chiyo Akeno

Kangit
Captain

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2012 3:27 am

Steel Crimson
Kangit
Trivia Question:

Mizuchi's Jewel?

Yep. cat_cool
PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2012 11:25 pm

Kangit

Actually, I did change my schedule (which originally had storytime), but then they had a different event (where they lead kids around the library with a rope and crossing guards). cat_rolleyes

My stepdad seems fine with having to walk extra slow because of the dark, but with his area, there's no chance of cats or cat vomit (maybe eventually, he'll walk into one of those floating spiders I've seen, though).

I've seen images of Dobermans with undocked tails and uncropped ears, and their tails don't seem to be an unhealthy length (pug's noses, on the other hand...). I think the main reason to do it for a Doberman is because they might hear better when they "mess up" their ears (otherwise, they have floppy ears), and as guard dogs, it might be safer for them if no one can grab them by their tail (plus, I think they're heavy dogs, so they could knock things over with their tail). Otherwise, the main reason for Dobermans to get docked tails and cropped ears would be for appearance (from what I've found, anyway).

Well, it's Simba's fault for refusing to drink in his own area. But if he's getting too annoyed by our dog, he makes a certain kind of annoyed meow, and I go shoo her away. She's automatically not allowed in my bathroom (where Simba's food is), no matter where Simba is, because she's stolen his food numerous time in the past. For a similar reason, I also keep her away from his litterboxes. cat_smile

Our dog's name is Lycos, which is probably from Lycos.com (although there are quite a few spiders whose name begins with Lycos). And her feet seem sort of similar to a Pomeranian's (if you shave all the fur off the legs), or maybe an English Toy Terrier. Plus, her claws are kind of long, so they look even smaller and pointier.

I think we all trained her, although I don't recall my sister ever doing any training. She kept Lycos entertained, though (she has since moved out, however). It doesn't seem like Lycos would have turned out like a vicious dog whether we trained her or not, because even though she had this weird thing about people wearing shoes and likes to stare at huge dogs like "You dare to come over here?", she likes to hide behind us, which is actually useful if I'm busy trying to fend off these loose dogs.

We (me and my sister) might have decided on the name "Simba" at the same time because we had just watched The Lion King, so it probably wasn't just one of us who picked out the name. It doesn't feel like I named Lycos, though (so I probably didn't). Now that I think of it, I'm probably mixing up the words "ironic" and "fitting" (so the name "Lucky" might actually be a good one). I also apparently misspelled the name of one of our gerbils. I believe it was Taildy, not Taily (not sure where I had gotten the "d" from before, but that's probably why it looked off when I typed it). My bad. Sorry Taildy. cat_stressed

Well, bye. Have fun on your trip! And if you're gone before you read this, then welcome back! Heheh. cat_xp

I'm back! And thanks for the welcome, you were the first one to do that. whee

When I think of your library, I can only think of a playground that's indoors, and with bookshelves all around. Are they somewhat going for an award like "Most Child-Friendly Library" or something? gonk

Oh, I thought he'd be in the same route as you somehow. sweatdrop Well, I can just hope that you move soon while thinking of his reaction if he ever runs into those floating spiders. What do those spiders look like anyway? question

Really? I haven't seen one with an undocked tail just yet so I can't tell. And about the pug's noses (judging from our deceased King) their noses are so short that I can't imagine how hard it must be for them to breathe. Oh, so that's why. A few years back, I saw a Doberman that just had it's ears fixed, so the bandages are still there. It looked so pitiful that I swore to myself I won't have any future pets of mine have that done to them. (Though I don't think I'll ever have a Doberman.)

Oh, so that's why she blocks him. Simba must love you very much since you're his savior each time that happens. Does he have a way of showing that to you? surprised How do you keep her away from the bathroom and litterboxes then?

And Lycos, huh? I haven't heard of that before, so I checked it out just now. The gamesville block easily attracted my attention though because of the penguins. xd I just thought of it, but how's her exercise regimen coming along? Is she shedding off the extra weight? Your description of her legs really made me think of sticks, and with long claws, wow, that are really dainty feet. whee

Aww, so did she feel lonely when your sister moved out? And do you have a way of playing with her too? Our family dog Zeus does the "You dare to come here?" thing too, but he often barks if the dogs come at him then runs the opposite direction. lol What does Lycos do when she sees people with shoes? surprised

Haha, I idolized Simba for a long time too after watching that movie. Both of you might have named Simba, and there's no way you'd be using Lycos back then (or am I wrong? xp ) so your reputation's not that bad at naming then. xd Lucky might be good, but I'd play safe at Obi or something I think. cat_3nodding (Yes, it is a semi-Star Wars fan speaking. cat_sweatdrop [and I discovered just now that the cat sweat emote is so cute]) Haha, it's alright. Sorry too, Taildy. cat_razz

And as I said before, I'm back! xd That's a lot of answered trivia questions too. emotion_kirakira

buchipeng

8,550 Points
  • Overstocked 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100

Kangit
Captain

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2012 3:50 am

buchipeng
Kangit

Actually, I did change my schedule (which originally had storytime), but then they had a different event (where they lead kids around the library with a rope and crossing guards). cat_rolleyes

My stepdad seems fine with having to walk extra slow because of the dark, but with his area, there's no chance of cats or cat vomit (maybe eventually, he'll walk into one of those floating spiders I've seen, though).

I've seen images of Dobermans with undocked tails and uncropped ears, and their tails don't seem to be an unhealthy length (pug's noses, on the other hand...). I think the main reason to do it for a Doberman is because they might hear better when they "mess up" their ears (otherwise, they have floppy ears), and as guard dogs, it might be safer for them if no one can grab them by their tail (plus, I think they're heavy dogs, so they could knock things over with their tail). Otherwise, the main reason for Dobermans to get docked tails and cropped ears would be for appearance (from what I've found, anyway).

Well, it's Simba's fault for refusing to drink in his own area. But if he's getting too annoyed by our dog, he makes a certain kind of annoyed meow, and I go shoo her away. She's automatically not allowed in my bathroom (where Simba's food is), no matter where Simba is, because she's stolen his food numerous time in the past. For a similar reason, I also keep her away from his litterboxes. cat_smile

Our dog's name is Lycos, which is probably from Lycos.com (although there are quite a few spiders whose name begins with Lycos). And her feet seem sort of similar to a Pomeranian's (if you shave all the fur off the legs), or maybe an English Toy Terrier. Plus, her claws are kind of long, so they look even smaller and pointier.

I think we all trained her, although I don't recall my sister ever doing any training. She kept Lycos entertained, though (she has since moved out, however). It doesn't seem like Lycos would have turned out like a vicious dog whether we trained her or not, because even though she had this weird thing about people wearing shoes and likes to stare at huge dogs like "You dare to come over here?", she likes to hide behind us, which is actually useful if I'm busy trying to fend off these loose dogs.

We (me and my sister) might have decided on the name "Simba" at the same time because we had just watched The Lion King, so it probably wasn't just one of us who picked out the name. It doesn't feel like I named Lycos, though (so I probably didn't). Now that I think of it, I'm probably mixing up the words "ironic" and "fitting" (so the name "Lucky" might actually be a good one). I also apparently misspelled the name of one of our gerbils. I believe it was Taildy, not Taily (not sure where I had gotten the "d" from before, but that's probably why it looked off when I typed it). My bad. Sorry Taildy. cat_stressed

Well, bye. Have fun on your trip! And if you're gone before you read this, then welcome back! Heheh. cat_xp

I'm back! And thanks for the welcome, you were the first one to do that. whee

When I think of your library, I can only think of a playground that's indoors, and with bookshelves all around. Are they somewhat going for an award like "Most Child-Friendly Library" or something? gonk

Oh, I thought he'd be in the same route as you somehow. sweatdrop Well, I can just hope that you move soon while thinking of his reaction if he ever runs into those floating spiders. What do those spiders look like anyway? question

Really? I haven't seen one with an undocked tail just yet so I can't tell. And about the pug's noses (judging from our deceased King) their noses are so short that I can't imagine how hard it must be for them to breathe. Oh, so that's why. A few years back, I saw a Doberman that just had it's ears fixed, so the bandages are still there. It looked so pitiful that I swore to myself I won't have any future pets of mine have that done to them. (Though I don't think I'll ever have a Doberman.)

Oh, so that's why she blocks him. Simba must love you very much since you're his savior each time that happens. Does he have a way of showing that to you? surprised How do you keep her away from the bathroom and litterboxes then?

And Lycos, huh? I haven't heard of that before, so I checked it out just now. The gamesville block easily attracted my attention though because of the penguins. xd I just thought of it, but how's her exercise regimen coming along? Is she shedding off the extra weight? Your description of her legs really made me think of sticks, and with long claws, wow, that are really dainty feet. whee

Aww, so did she feel lonely when your sister moved out? And do you have a way of playing with her too? Our family dog Zeus does the "You dare to come here?" thing too, but he often barks if the dogs come at him then runs the opposite direction. lol What does Lycos do when she sees people with shoes? surprised

Haha, I idolized Simba for a long time too after watching that movie. Both of you might have named Simba, and there's no way you'd be using Lycos back then (or am I wrong? xp ) so your reputation's not that bad at naming then. xd Lucky might be good, but I'd play safe at Obi or something I think. cat_3nodding (Yes, it is a semi-Star Wars fan speaking. cat_sweatdrop [and I discovered just now that the cat sweat emote is so cute]) Haha, it's alright. Sorry too, Taildy. cat_razz

And as I said before, I'm back! xd That's a lot of answered trivia questions too. emotion_kirakira

I have no idea what the library's goal is when they invite a lot of kids, nor have I figured out why they're letting them be so loud.

The spiders seems to be regular spiders (coming in different sizes) that just happen to start building a web in the path. I don't find them very often, but I seem to be the only one who ever sees them. My stepdad probably wouldn't even notice if he walked through a thin spiderweb, because I don't think he can feel stuff on his skin as much. For example, whenever I'm washing some dishes in the sink, he always claims the water I'm using is really cold, then changes it to be very hot and then claim it's warm (either he's losing sensation in his hands like my mom is, or my hands are so dry and cracked open that the mildest warm water will "burn" them).

This is what Doberman Pinschers look like when they've been "messed with", and here's how they look if you leave them alone. Aside from the color pattern, they look almost like different breeds. As for the pugs, it apparently makes it so panting isn't very effective either: "Since pugs lack longer snouts and prominent skeletal brow ridges, they are susceptible to eye injuries such as proptosis and scratched corneas and painful entropion. They also have compact breathing passageways, leaving many unable to breathe properly or efficiently regulate their temperature through evaporation from the tongue." It seems kind of mean that people squished the snouts of pugs and persians, since in my opinion, they would look cuter if they left the noses at least a little longer, to the point where they could breathe. I noticed that I can see the pugs/persians as cute and ugly at the same time (I think the cuteness is coming from their eyes, while the ugliness is from how unhealthy-looking the rest of their face is).

Well, whenever I shoo Lycos away from the water to let him drink, he'll probably just start following me around instead of drinking, making cute chirping noises (for some reason, his voice seems so much cuter now that he's sick, but that's probably because his meows have become really squeaky). He probably could force his way to the water if he really needed to (but he usually waits for me to change it so the water is very cold and fresh), so he tends to be more thankful for the other stuff. He likes getting massages and, for some reason, being lightly spanked just above the tail (I noticed other cats like this, too), which makes him make various happy noises (purrs and purr-like meows). When I've tried this with other cats, they sometimes start licking themselves with each "butt pat" as if I were hitting a "lick yourself now" button. It's kind of weird. cat_neutral

I can mostly keep Lycos away from one of the litterboxes by just scooping it, but she still nibbles at the cat litter that gets spread around (it's a litter made out of corn, which is probably why she's eating it). For the bathroom and second litterbox (which are near each other), we had to actually get a shock collar. When we first moved Simba's food to my bathroom, Lycos kept going in there, even though we made it clear we didn't want her there. We still managed to catch her in there between 10 and 20 times... on the first day we moved the food (not even counting the later days). When this was first happening, my stepdad had said "just firmly tell her no, you don't need to be so rough with her". We had already started with "no" but she wouldn't stop (but we were not actually hurting her when we were "rough" with her). cat_rolleyes

Like Simba, Lycos seems to be remaining pretty stable in her weight (for Simba, it's better than losing weight, for Lycos, it's better than gaining weight). We haven't been weighing her at the vet like we do with Simba (we take him to the vet twice a week to be weighed and get fluid injections to keep his kidneys stable), so I've been weighing her on the scale we have at home (I weight myself, then pick her up and subtract my weight). Lycos is (according to our house scale) around 20 pounds, while Simba is (according to the vet's scales) about 7 pounds (on our scale he closer to 4 or 5, which is luckily wrong). Hopefully, the Slippery Elm Bark I was thinking to try on him will help (it sounds like it will help every one of his symptoms, if we could just get him to eat it). cat_cool

My sister moved out over 2 (maybe 3) years ago, so I don't really remember how Lycos responded. She probably didn't respond much, because my sister was always out all day, and sometimes for days at a time. People are silly when they have friends. Pffft. cat_rolleyes

As far as I know, Lycos doesn't seem to have problems with shoes anymore. Either it was because she was a puppy, or because we had taken her to someone else's house, where everyone was wearing shoes.

Now I think I'll post a trivia question and go to bed. And no, I didn't fix my sleep schedule yet. I was thinking to go to bed at 1:00, but I got distracted yet again (had to research Slippery Elm Bark to see if the available form was okay to give to Simba, or if it had too much magnesium), and now it's almost 4:00. Good night. cat_razz
PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2012 3:55 am

Which Were-Item has "EYYYYEEESSSS" in it's description?

Answer: HARMony

Winner: I Electra I

Kangit
Captain

buchipeng

8,550 Points
  • Overstocked 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2012 5:59 am

Kangit

I have no idea what the library's goal is when they invite a lot of kids, nor have I figured out why they're letting them be so loud.

The spiders seems to be regular spiders (coming in different sizes) that just happen to start building a web in the path. I don't find them very often, but I seem to be the only one who ever sees them. My stepdad probably wouldn't even notice if he walked through a thin spiderweb, because I don't think he can feel stuff on his skin as much. For example, whenever I'm washing some dishes in the sink, he always claims the water I'm using is really cold, then changes it to be very hot and then claim it's warm (either he's losing sensation in his hands like my mom is, or my hands are so dry and cracked open that the mildest warm water will "burn" them).

This is what Doberman Pinschers look like when they've been "messed with", and here's how they look if you leave them alone. Aside from the color pattern, they look almost like different breeds. As for the pugs, it apparently makes it so panting isn't very effective either: "Since pugs lack longer snouts and prominent skeletal brow ridges, they are susceptible to eye injuries such as proptosis and scratched corneas and painful entropion. They also have compact breathing passageways, leaving many unable to breathe properly or efficiently regulate their temperature through evaporation from the tongue." It seems kind of mean that people squished the snouts of pugs and persians, since in my opinion, they would look cuter if they left the noses at least a little longer, to the point where they could breathe. I noticed that I can see the pugs/persians as cute and ugly at the same time (I think the cuteness is coming from their eyes, while the ugliness is from how unhealthy-looking the rest of their face is).

Well, whenever I shoo Lycos away from the water to let him drink, he'll probably just start following me around instead of drinking, making cute chirping noises (for some reason, his voice seems so much cuter now that he's sick, but that's probably because his meows have become really squeaky). He probably could force his way to the water if he really needed to (but he usually waits for me to change it so the water is very cold and fresh), so he tends to be more thankful for the other stuff. He likes getting massages and, for some reason, being lightly spanked just above the tail (I noticed other cats like this, too), which makes him make various happy noises (purrs and purr-like meows). When I've tried this with other cats, they sometimes start licking themselves with each "butt pat" as if I were hitting a "lick yourself now" button. It's kind of weird. cat_neutral

I can mostly keep Lycos away from one of the litterboxes by just scooping it, but she still nibbles at the cat litter that gets spread around (it's a litter made out of corn, which is probably why she's eating it). For the bathroom and second litterbox (which are near each other), we had to actually get a shock collar. When we first moved Simba's food to my bathroom, Lycos kept going in there, even though we made it clear we didn't want her there. We still managed to catch her in there between 10 and 20 times... on the first day we moved the food (not even counting the later days). When this was first happening, my stepdad had said "just firmly tell her no, you don't need to be so rough with her". We had already started with "no" but she wouldn't stop (but we were not actually hurting her when we were "rough" with her). cat_rolleyes

Like Simba, Lycos seems to be remaining pretty stable in her weight (for Simba, it's better than losing weight, for Lycos, it's better than gaining weight). We haven't been weighing her at the vet like we do with Simba (we take him to the vet twice a week to be weighed and get fluid injections to keep his kidneys stable), so I've been weighing her on the scale we have at home (I weight myself, then pick her up and subtract my weight). Lycos is (according to our house scale) around 20 pounds, while Simba is (according to the vet's scales) about 7 pounds (on our scale he closer to 4 or 5, which is luckily wrong). Hopefully, the Slippery Elm Bark I was thinking to try on him will help (it sounds like it will help every one of his symptoms, if we could just get him to eat it). cat_cool

My sister moved out over 2 (maybe 3) years ago, so I don't really remember how Lycos responded. She probably didn't respond much, because my sister was always out all day, and sometimes for days at a time. People are silly when they have friends. Pffft. cat_rolleyes

As far as I know, Lycos doesn't seem to have problems with shoes anymore. Either it was because she was a puppy, or because we had taken her to someone else's house, where everyone was wearing shoes.

Now I think I'll post a trivia question and go to bed. And no, I didn't fix my sleep schedule yet. I was thinking to go to bed at 1:00, but I got distracted yet again (had to research Slippery Elm Bark to see if the available form was okay to give to Simba, or if it had too much magnesium), and now it's almost 4:00. Good night. cat_razz

Me neither. But I really hope they'd put restrictions on the loudness of the children that enter. gonk

Oh, at least they're not the poisonous ones. Maybe you're the only one in the house with the best eyesight so you can still see them. idea And about the water's temperature, he just might be losing sensation in his hands. Does your skin really have cracks on them for your hands to be so sensitive?

Wow, that's true. cat_surprised The left alone Doberman also looks tamer in my opinion. After what you've said about the pugs, I wouldn't want to live as a pug ever. But I doubt that the ancient people who redesigned their features knew about the future implications of what they're doing either. King never failed to make my grandmother laugh too. Whenever she passes by King, she always chuckles and says that he's so ugly, so it was a relief that he didn't understand what she was saying. We see the same thing. Those big expressive eyes really make you want to cuddle them, then you look farther down and see their snouts and it's over. cat_confused

Aww. That's cute! emotion_kirakira Zeus also drinks immediately when his water's just changed. How do you massage him? Hm, maybe they think that spot's been soiled or something? I've read somewhere that cats are obsessively clean so they avoid getting wet since it's not worth the trouble of licking themselves clean later. I should try that "lick yourself now" trick on other cats if I get close enough to one. Right now I'm still afraid of being scratched though. xd

Haha, so that's why she was going after his litterboxes. I thought it was because of the other, uh, components. cat_sweatdrop Lycos sure is strong-willed to go against your orders at least 10 times. Your father seems to be fond of her. Is she coping well with the shock collar then?

That's good to know. biggrin You really are a serious caregiver from all those things you've said. Lycos and Zeus (our not-so-little Shih Tzu) are about the same weight. Yep, based on what I've read so far, the Slippery Elm Bark can do wonders for Simba. Let's just hope he'd somehow be able to eat it then. cat_3nodding

Then it's been quite a long time already. Does Lycos still recognize her when she visits? surprised Haha, yes, people are silly, and sometimes even without friends. cat_wink

Oh, good for her then. Zeus has a fascination with neon things, especially neon green things. He can't stop himself from chewing on them. cat_lol

You outdid me there, I was just about to ask. cat_gonk Was the available form okay for Simba?

Good night captain, and sleep tight. cat_whee
*still searching for the answer to the trivia question*
PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2012 6:28 am

Kangit
Trivia Question:

I can't find the answer to this one. xd

But I stumbled upon a possible trivia question in the future. I can also sponsor it if you want. whee I PMed it.

buchipeng

8,550 Points
  • Overstocked 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100

I Electra I

Shapeshifter

9,900 Points
  • Team Edward 100
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
  • Team Jacob 100
PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2012 8:20 am

Kangit
Trivia Question:

HARMony?
Contests and Games

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 43 44 45 46 47 48 ... 70 71 72 73 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games