Welcome to Gaia! ::

Galactic Empire: The Official Star Wars Guild

Back to Guilds

The Official Star Wars guild since it's creation nearly 8 years ago. Join the Empire, be part of the legacy. 

Tags: Star Wars, Official, Jedi, Sith, Empire 

Reply The Second Imperium
The Prequel Trilogy Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Ramra the Destroyer

Aged Member

PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2007 6:23 pm
I don't want to make anyone mad or anything but, why do most people not like the prequels?  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2007 7:10 pm
1) Jar Jar was just a waste of time.

2) A whiney teenager turns into the biggest pimp in the world? Improbable.

3) Too much CGI, no focus on making the plot work.

4) In with #3, GL turned into Jay Leno. They tried to hard to make everything connect, when much of it was unnecessary. Chewbacca? R2? 3P0? They did not need to be part of the movies, but god forbid we actually come up with someone new or just 'leave them out'. It was no more than a big attempt to explain everything.

Rather than let imagination get something in, every single thing (short of darth Maul) was pretty much a ripoff of something later. Take Jango. Cashin in on the Fandalorian base. The Gungans? If I told you about an evil army getting beaten by native inhabitants with sub-par technology, does it sound a bit like a repeat of Endor? How about Padme? Oh yes, the buns. AS if Nubian and Alderaanian culture is that much the same. The ARC-170, nudging its way in as an x-wing predecessor, putting any book which said solely the design came from the Z-95 (which was strangely absent) out of the picture.

Honestly, Unless you're either too dazed by the lightsabers (which is another personal peeve of mine) or caught up in the eyes of teen hearthrob "hayden christensen", who even ROGER EBERT, the man who gives "two thumbs up" to everything said "I'd call his performance wooden, but it'd be an affront to puppets everywhere", its hard to find more than 10 minutes of good consequetive footage in the films.  

Nelowulf
Vice Captain

Codger

6,200 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200

Ramra the Destroyer

Aged Member

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2007 9:41 am
Ah,thank you.I just never really understood the reasons why people didn't like them.  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2007 11:29 am
There's a hundred reasons, those just happen to be a rather short summary of my larger pet peeves about the new movies.

Trust me, just me alone could go on for about 20 pages easy. I know, since I wrote up a movie review for an essay in english once. The only reason why I stopped there was a page cap was in effect.  

Nelowulf
Vice Captain

Codger

6,200 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200

elvisnake

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2007 6:35 am
Thanks Nelo, for the masterful explanation. I couldn't have said it better myself.  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2007 4:02 pm
well people lack the natral focus it takes to watch good movies mad  

mish master mike

Des Voh

3,000 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2007 4:47 pm
Are you saying that the Prequels were good movies?

I'd rather watch basic cable than watch ep.III again.

And some also lack the knowledge of proper spelling,  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2007 10:53 am
Ok, not to say that ALL of the fans of the prequels/Hayden/Jar-Jar are stupid, but why is it that almost all of the pro-prequel posts we read contain at least one really stupid typo or misspelling? Seems like a mighty strange coincidence  

elvisnake

Dropkickmurphys01

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2007 6:04 pm
At first like many people I know, I wasn't too fond of the prequels because I just wasn't able to see how they connected to the original movies despite the inclusion of known characters. But Episode III did a right nice job of tying all of the movies together and I ca see how things evolved and ended up how they were.  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2007 8:12 pm
I'll admit, even though some of the dialogue was horrible, I actually enjoyed Episode 3.

At least, I enjoyed it much more than 2 or 1.  

ElladanKenet
Crew

Nelowulf
Vice Captain

Codger

6,200 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2007 8:14 pm
That's really not saying too much.  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2007 8:20 pm
Nope, not really.

Granted, the Maul Vs Qui Gonniwan Kenobi Duel was much better than Ani versus Obi Wan, and the romp through Coruscant was okay, Ep. 3 was overall better: a whopping 6/10 in my book.

Seeing as Eps. 5 and 6 both rank 9/10.  

ElladanKenet
Crew

Des Voh

3,000 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2007 9:22 am
I prefer Ep.I & II over III.

That may also be due to the fact it shows my two favorite jedi in their prime. Gui-Gonn & Obi-Wan  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2007 9:58 am
I liked Ep. 1 the best of the prequels, as it didn't have Hayden (Hallelujah), The story was believable, and although Jar Jar was in it, the fight where you see that th egungan race as a whole are actually serious warriors, rather than an Ewokian comic relief race made up for that.

My second favorite was Ep. 3. The story was lame, but not as lame as AotC, and the action was fun to watch in parts, and it was fun to see Christopher Lee bite it.

Last and least is Ep. 2. Young, angsty Hayden, awful dialogue, acting (Except on Ewan's part) and almost no action to speak of made Attack of the Clones the worst movie in Star Wars history (including those Ewok movies they make with Wicket a few years back).  

elvisnake

Des Voh

3,000 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2007 10:06 am
AoTC had great action!!! The Jango Fett vs Obi-Wan was interesting but too short.

And the clones just coming down and pwning was great.

The love-dovey parts were horrible, even the lines were horrible.  
The Second Imperium

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff