Welcome to Gaia! ::

Galactic Empire: The Official Star Wars Guild

Back to Guilds

The Official Star Wars guild since it's creation nearly 8 years ago. Join the Empire, be part of the legacy. 

Tags: Star Wars, Official, Jedi, Sith, Empire 

Reply The Second Imperium
Galactic Travel and Information Help Desk (RP help) Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 449 450 451 452 453 454 ... 716 717 718 719 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

stellarmagic

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2007 9:40 pm

Big A little m.

Plus, I'm in a vacuum... didn't you notice that?
PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2007 9:45 pm

Didnt you?
Vacuum is even worse. Its far colder and theres no air that could ignite and possibly aid the effect.

Sol Walker
Crew

stellarmagic

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2007 9:52 pm

All thats required in ignition is an oxidizer, with a complex gas like Tibanna which probably includes both an oxidizer and a complex organic structure there is no need for air. If Tibanna didn't work that way, turbolasers and blasters couldn't function in space.
PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2007 9:55 pm

Turbolasers and blasters have their gas compressed in the barrel, then superheated and fired out the tube.
You're scattering gas across the void and hoping it lights.
The best you're going to get is a fireball, and thats not plasma. Thats Fire.

Sol Walker
Crew

stellarmagic

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2007 9:58 pm

No... What I'm doing is replicating the way tibanna acts when fired from a turbolaser. It's basically a much larger version of the "Flak" explosion generated by turbolaser fire in the movies.
PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2007 10:01 pm

You mean the Flak guns which actually fire shrapnel?

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Flak_gun

Sol Walker
Crew

stellarmagic

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2007 7:04 am

They finally settled that I guess... Well, these rounds would work similarly, but they rely more on the explosive properties of Tibanna Gas to deliver damage then on the shrapnel of the container. If you want an explosive charge that ignites and superheats the gas... A few picograms of Antimatter should be more then sufficient.

That would also make the round more expensive, and I'd be forced to use it less often.
PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2007 7:31 am

So why do you feel the need to have a special ammo anyway?

Sol Walker
Crew

stellarmagic

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2007 9:51 am

As a counter to sith in fighters... You try getting a direct hit on a sith in a starfighter when using remote controlled turrets. It's barely possible.
PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2007 10:01 am

That's your problem. You decided to take a flying tank with more guns than you could handle.

Plus, its not like a sith pilot wouldn't already know how to defend himself against a weapon like that. After all, you stole a sith craft to begin with.

Nelowulf
Vice Captain

Codger

6,200 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200

Sol Walker
Crew

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2007 10:01 am

Well here are your options:
1. get a smaller, more maneuverable ship
2. Hire a crew.
PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2007 10:07 am

Nelowulf
That's your problem. You decided to take a flying tank with more guns than you could handle.

Plus, its not like a sith pilot wouldn't already know how to defend himself against a weapon like that. After all, you stole a sith craft to begin with.

Stellar might be having a little difficulty adapting to life as a lone operative.

Sol Walker
Crew

Nelowulf
Vice Captain

Codger

6,200 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2007 10:16 am

True. He seems to be stuck in "general" mode, where even though you win with less weapons, you still have more than you can handle.

Although ironically, both of my characters have nimble interceptors...
PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2007 10:19 am

One of my guys has a Fleet of starships, a large army, and control of an entire system of planets.

The other carries all his worldy possesions in a spacer's bag.

Sol Walker
Crew

Nelowulf
Vice Captain

Codger

6,200 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2007 11:55 am

When do you want the assult of that watchpost to go off?

Short of finishing off that Sith council meeting, we pretty much finihsed prologue.
The Second Imperium

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 449 450 451 452 453 454 ... 716 717 718 719 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games