Welcome to Gaia! ::

Galactic Empire: The Official Star Wars Guild

Back to Guilds

The Official Star Wars guild since it's creation nearly 8 years ago. Join the Empire, be part of the legacy. 

Tags: Star Wars, Official, Jedi, Sith, Empire 

Reply The Second Imperium
Mos Eisley Cantina Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4541 4542 4543 4544 4545 4546 ... 5665 5666 5667 5668 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Anna Sachae

PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2009 8:09 pm
Yeah! xd

I wouldn't think of it as a hellish debate. I've got no problem with a fictional character wielding a weapon like that, and your preferences in real life are you own business, not mine. However, I was *not* going to miss a chance to geek out like that.

You have my apologies for running away with it past its original point. Now let's play with papercut-frisbees!  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2009 8:36 pm
Incidentally, my sci-fi fantasy world that I decided to create long ago has some multi-purpose stuff, but they work in a way that's actually good.

For example, a personal fighter that can transform into a hoverbike, but it's not both at the same time, just that it can switch into either.

The super-genius race of space Amazons are partially similar to the Mandalorians when they decide fight something. They have fully enclosed armor suits with built-in systems that have tons of features. Jetpacks, scanners, weapons built into the suit itself, etc.  

Darkened Angel
Vice Captain

Anna Sachae

PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2009 9:05 pm
That stuff's fine. Hey, I have no problem with an all-in-one suit, because the suit isn't trying to be a boat while it's being a suit. Transforming would be more like slimming down, but it would be easy to take part of a fighter and make it into a hoverbike. It's just when you try to turn the suit into a mobile gun platform or the fighter into an APC that it gets weird.  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2009 9:20 pm
What's new, wastelanders?  

Rendin Verta

Darkened Angel
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2009 9:42 pm
Considering that the space Amazons are practically omnipotent tech goddesses, everything they have on their homeworld is like comparing the Star Trek utopian Earth to the USA right now during this financial crisis BS.

A laser gun, to them is an archaic weapon, while to everyone else it's as common as cellphones and bottled water. They use phazer ( not phasers ) energy, which in this sci-fi world, they themselves developed, which is the most destructive energy there is.

They've also got near-instant hyperspace travel. Any distance in space can be travelled in the few seconds it takes for the engine to actually make a jump, followed by like 2 seconds of seeing space distort all to Hell through the viewport.

The big kicker is all of their hardware is indestructible. With enough firepower, you could knock a ship's systems offline so that they can't fire back anymore or go anywhere, but you still can't so much as scratch the paintjob, and the interior systems will auto-repair everything in a short while, so you can never keep 'em down. Their armor suits are similar. They're not entirely invincible, but they are unstoppable.  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2009 10:13 pm
Interesting. The funny thing comes when you ask "what threatens them?". The problem with omnipotence and godhood is that there's no conflict if you can't be trounced my something.  

Anna Sachae

Darkened Angel
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2009 10:38 pm
They're the " balance keepers " in the universe.

There's a united federation ( good guys ) and imperial regime. ( bad guys )

As it happens, they sorta parody SW a bit. The Empire is pro-human, with the exception of cyborgs and robots. A non-human in their ranks isn't impossible, but is very uncommon and almost always under stricter regulations and crap. The Federation is weaker than the Empire, but they don't discriminate against non-humans.

The space Amazons keep to themselves, enjoying their utopian world, usually just trading with other worlds with their unique, naturally grown crystals and stuff. ( Ironic, since their entire planet is artificial. ) However, they like the Federation and will step in at times if the Federation's getting its a** handed to it.

The exception is when some of 'em wanna " go rogue " and just mess with the Empire for the Hell of it, but it's usually never anything vital to the Empire, and they're quick to recover anyways.  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2009 11:16 pm
That certainly sounds interesting, DA  

elvisnake

Darkened Angel
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2009 11:38 pm
X-Blades, while overall too short and not very open-ended, does have 1 amazing spell.

Lightning Range - Nothing beats launching a lightning blast at a single enemy, then watching it ricochet off an entire room's worth of enemies, clearing half the level after it bounces back and forth untl it kills 'em all.  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2009 11:43 pm
Y'know, most action-RPG's have a spell like that. It's called "chain lightning", and I have to count how many games I've seen it in on two hands.

Still, you're right. Excellent spell. I'm gonna have to design an SW tesla gun sometime soon...  

Anna Sachae

Darkened Angel
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Sat Apr 04, 2009 12:01 am
Lightning > Fire

But this isn't " chain " lightning like the kinda where you see a long ligthning chain-esque blast. It's basically a lightning version of a fireball that bounces around the enemies like a pinball machine thing.

Of course, the only other chain lightning effects I've seen are in Guild Wars and KOTOR, both of which are more of the " chain " look than a bouncing lightning blast.

The effect is great though. Visually appealing and devastating. Win-Win.  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 04, 2009 12:03 am
You really need to play a Sorceress in Diablo 2. Chain Lightning is your friend. Even the fire-specced Sorceresses agree that a few CL's will wipe the hellz out of anything dumb enough to be vulnerable to lightning...which is, incidentally, everything in the game short of certain bosses.  

Anna Sachae

Darkened Angel
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Sat Apr 04, 2009 12:33 am
Fireballs are over-rated.

Then again, give me a fireball over that witchcraft incantation and hex crap any day.

Screw making people itch like Hell 24/7. I'd rather torch their house.  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 04, 2009 1:00 am
Well, I'm now at the final battle in X-Blades for my 2nd playthrough.

The 1st time through, I got all the Dark magic spells and got the bad ending, with Ayumi killing Jay, then complaining about it.

Missing might get a kick outta this: ( Assuming the site doesn't pull a fast anti-link stunt on me... )

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.  

Darkened Angel
Vice Captain

Rodyn

PostPosted: Sat Apr 04, 2009 5:24 am
Darkened Angel
Incidentally, my sci-fi fantasy world that I decided to create long ago has some multi-purpose stuff, but they work in a way that's actually good.

For example, a personal fighter that can transform into a hoverbike, but it's not both at the same time, just that it can switch into either.

The super-genius race of space Amazons are partially similar to the Mandalorians when they decide fight something. They have fully enclosed armor suits with built-in systems that have tons of features. Jetpacks, scanners, weapons built into the suit itself, etc.

I've been working on a Sci-Fi/Fantasy world as well, for a book series that I plan to write. Though the first series is more Sci-Fi/Military, then the series afterward becomes more Sci-Fi/Fantasy.  
The Second Imperium

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4541 4542 4543 4544 4545 4546 ... 5665 5666 5667 5668 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games