Welcome to Gaia! ::

Galactic Empire: The Official Star Wars Guild

Back to Guilds

The Official Star Wars guild since it's creation nearly 8 years ago. Join the Empire, be part of the legacy. 

Tags: Star Wars, Official, Jedi, Sith, Empire 

Reply The Second Imperium
Mos Eisley Cantina Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4542 4543 4544 4545 4546 4547 ... 5665 5666 5667 5668 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

stellarmagic

PostPosted: Sat Apr 04, 2009 7:30 am
I've been working on my own Sci-Fi/Fantasy series for quite awhile, and yes I do have a couple hybrid weapons. One of which is basically a gun blade. redface

The Blastsword. Basically a broad sword that splits down the middle and fires a pulse of high energy plasma. It's more intimidating then a rifle or a sword, but not as effective as either. Hence the use of specialized blast carbines by their elite.

Course the bad guys use that. The good guys carry a gauss rifle, plasma shield, and a short sword. You end up with a tactical doctrine not unlike the roman legion. Fire gauss bolts, as the enemy closes. Switch to shield and sword when in melee combat.

Speaking of which, I know of a weapon that could give those Amazon's of DA a hard time.

Can anyone say, Positron Beam Weapon?  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 04, 2009 8:48 am
What's up guys

Im not sure what to make of this on one hand it's funny as hell, on the other...well you'll see.  

Missing00

Invisible Guildsman

9,100 Points
  • Guildmember 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Noob wrangler 100

elvisnake

PostPosted: Sat Apr 04, 2009 9:03 am
stellarmagic
I've been working on my own Sci-Fi/Fantasy series for quite awhile, and yes I do have a couple hybrid weapons. One of which is basically a gun blade. redface

The Blastsword. Basically a broad sword that splits down the middle and fires a pulse of high energy plasma. It's more intimidating then a rifle or a sword, but not as effective as either. Hence the use of specialized blast carbines by their elite.

Course the bad guys use that. The good guys carry a gauss rifle, plasma shield, and a short sword. You end up with a tactical doctrine not unlike the roman legion. Fire gauss bolts, as the enemy closes. Switch to shield and sword when in melee combat.

Speaking of which, I know of a weapon that could give those Amazon's of DA a hard time.

Can anyone say, Positron Beam Weapon?
I can say it, but what does it mean?  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 04, 2009 9:27 am
Imagine a beam of particles composed of trillions and trillions of anti-electrons (The most energetic form of Antimatter), fired from something only slightly more complicated than the cathode ray tube of a television.

Antimatter beam weapons are far and beyond the most effective form of Directed energy weapon currently proposed. Upon impacting the target the positrons annihilated the electrons that form any ionic bonds in the target creating immense amounts of heat and radiation. Additionally, the blasts strips the target of all ionic bonds and destroys all the electrons resulting in the positively charged atoms that make up the target literally to be repelled from each other, ripping the target apart at an atomic level.

Cool eh?  

stellarmagic

elvisnake

PostPosted: Sat Apr 04, 2009 9:43 am
incredibly so.  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 04, 2009 10:16 am
kind of boring, though. no stun setting. But one thing i've found with DA's stuff is that there's always a godlike female character somewhere... Is this repressed inferiority complex?

(that's just a joke)  

Nelowulf
Vice Captain

Codger

6,200 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200

Missing00

Invisible Guildsman

9,100 Points
  • Guildmember 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Noob wrangler 100
PostPosted: Sat Apr 04, 2009 10:29 am
You cant mix matter and anti-matter you just cant do it!  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 04, 2009 10:56 am
Scientists do it all the time in labs around the world. (Though they create and use only extremely small amounts of antimatter). I think the world record for antimatter products is a couple billion positrons from shooting gold with a laser.  

stellarmagic

Missing00

Invisible Guildsman

9,100 Points
  • Guildmember 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Noob wrangler 100
PostPosted: Sat Apr 04, 2009 11:17 am
It was a geek quote I thought it would be amusing.  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 04, 2009 12:30 pm
It was amusing. I laughed. Maybe Mr. stellarmagic doesn't have a sense of humor... razz  

Anna Sachae

elvisnake

PostPosted: Sat Apr 04, 2009 1:03 pm
well, not much of one...
(joke)  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 04, 2009 2:57 pm
Sorry, stupid humor seems to slip by my senses as if wearing an active camo cloak.

Irony however seems to show up as if he walked into the room with giant sign in one hand, and a letter of introduction in the other.  

stellarmagic

Sayla-girl

Noble Dabbler

9,675 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Sat Apr 04, 2009 3:56 pm
Anna Sachae
It was amusing. I laughed. Maybe Mr. stellarmagic doesn't have a sense of humor... razz

I can verify he doesn't.  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 04, 2009 5:17 pm
stellarmagic
Scientists do it all the time in labs around the world. (Though they create and use only extremely small amounts of antimatter). I think the world record for antimatter products is a couple billion positrons from shooting gold with a laser.
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO... ok now thats out my system.

Matter is NOT mixed with anti matter. EVER... why?

*Raises hand eagerly*

You the handsome one in the front.

Thanks. Its not mixed because it would end all life as we know it. Or at least thats what the nerds I beat up every day tell me.

((((((( JOKE)))))))  

Oryo Prime

Darkened Angel
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Sat Apr 04, 2009 7:07 pm
This is what happens when a woman says, " No, I'm not gonna dance for you. " to GAT:

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.  
The Second Imperium

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4542 4543 4544 4545 4546 4547 ... 5665 5666 5667 5668 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games