Welcome to Gaia! ::

Galactic Empire: The Official Star Wars Guild

Back to Guilds

The Official Star Wars guild since it's creation nearly 8 years ago. Join the Empire, be part of the legacy. 

Tags: Star Wars, Official, Jedi, Sith, Empire 

Reply The Second Imperium
Mos Eisley Cantina Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4580 4581 4582 4583 4584 4585 ... 5665 5666 5667 5668 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Sol Walker
Crew

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2009 8:23 pm
K-Blade
Cale Darksun
Not too much. You?

And this Galleon, the Emperor's Will, was primarily expecting secrecy to do her job. She was carrying a shitload of precious art, valuable materials, and spices destined for the Emperor's vaults. The value of the haul came out to 400 million credits, enough cash for the Captain to retire and the rest of us to fill out our terms on the ship.

Nice haul! I hit one of those treasure ships out in the Tapani sector. Had the Kaiburr crystal aboard with a lot of other nice things.

That haul cemented us as legends in the Pirate Community.
Because of it, the Rebel Privateer buisness really took off. Soon no Imperial Convoy was truely safe and the Rebels were recieving a steady supply of Imperial goods which would ultimately help them win the war.
Nobody knows what happened to Captain Dhas Vedij after we all parted ways. After we reached Starforge Station, he just took the Far Orbit and sailed away, never to be seen again.
*hoists a bottle of rum in Vedij's honor.* But wherever he is now, I only hope he's seeing nothing but clear skies.  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2009 8:27 pm
stellarmagic
That'd be fine, but I won't be able to make it till Saturday night. I've got to work from 1:30 to 4:30... So it'd be fairly late by the time I get there. Send me a PM with your current address, not sure if it's changed since last time.

I've been playing around quite a bit with solar sail ships with some stuff I'm writing. I'm tempted to create a fleet command character for the current Gaia RP. Hand him some solar sail lineships and give it a go.

Who makes solar sails in Star Wars anyway?

You mean something like this?:
http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Fairwind

I know the Gree made the sails of Dooku's personal ship, but thats about it. You could say just about anyone made them.  

Sol Walker
Crew

K-Blade

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2009 8:33 pm
A classic ending. *hoists tankard* have yet had the pleasure to crew under him, our paths have crossed as I’m always bouncing from system to system.  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2009 8:35 pm
A little bit more futuristic then that but... basically yes. Basically I'm transplanting them from some stuff I'm working on. They look much more like Dooku's boat then that design. Think of them as an umbrella, with the main shaft being the hull, lined with weapons.

I'm tempted to transfer their FTL system as well. It's a wormhole jump system, but can only generate the wormholes in points of gravitational balance (Legrange points) heavily limiting their tactical flexibility. But that probably wouldn't be suitable for the Star Wars setting.  

stellarmagic

Sol Walker
Crew

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2009 8:37 pm
K-Blade
A classic ending. *hoists tankard* have yet had the pleasure to crew under him, our paths have crossed as I’m always bouncing from system to system.

Well then, gather round ya seasoned space dogs and I'll tell ya the tale of the first Privateer of the Rebellion; a bold man, a cunning man, as fine a captain as any you'll see.
This be the tale of Dhas Fenoep Vedij.  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2009 8:38 pm
stellarmagic
A little bit more futuristic then that but... basically yes. Basically I'm transplanting them from some stuff I'm working on. They look much more like Dooku's boat then that design. Think of them as an umbrella, with the main shaft being the hull, lined with weapons.

I'm tempted to transfer their FTL system as well. It's a wormhole jump system, but can only generate the wormholes in points of gravitational balance (Legrange points) heavily limiting their tactical flexibility. But that probably wouldn't be suitable for the Star Wars setting.

How would their FTL Speed compare to that of Star Wars ships?
And what would you do with a fleet of these ships?  

Sol Walker
Crew

stellarmagic

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2009 8:48 pm
Instantaneous point to point transport, but a long recharge between jumps and effective jump range of around ten light years. Hence its slower across long distances. In order to form the wormhole both the generation point and destination point must be calculated exactly requiring detailed navigational maps of the systems. These two factors would lead to its abandonment.

I'd probably bring them in as a defense fleet for a small autonomous region or system. Make you guys try and draw them to your side through diplomacy. Lets say they own a star cluster much like the hapans did, but a smaller and less important one so they remain off the map in subsequent millenia.  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2009 8:50 pm
Think that would fit in? What could you provide Tett and Lyra that would make us want to sway you out of Neutrality?
Your Space forces are obsolete, though during the Great Sith War or the Hyperspace War they would have been very effective. You would need something other than military strength to draw our attention.  

Sol Walker
Crew

Sol Walker
Crew

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2009 8:55 pm
Dhas Fenoep Vedij was the eldest son of a Republic Admiral and herediary Baron. He was a good Navy man, damn good. Joined the Navy himself and swiftly rose up the ranks, becoming XO on a brand spanking new Nebulon B, back when the Empire was just starting to make them. The Rebellion havent even gotten their mits on them yet.

But Vedij, he served under a draconian captain, Vocis Kenit. Kenit would have fit right into the British Navy of the early 1800's. He just loved his disciplenary actions and would enforce his iron rule over the slightest infraction. Kenit was one of those Imps who was a New Order Zealot. In his eyes the Emperor and all it stood for could do no wrong. While a decent strategist, his New Order Fanaticism wore thin with Vadij in a hurry.

The Far Orbit, Kenit's ship was a Pirate hunter, and under Kenit it did rather well, though as I said, Kenit did his damndest to make life miserable for any enlisted man he could find. Her beat was the Outer Rim and she soon became a feared sight for many a pirate. Usually their last. But things would soon turn to the worst.  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2009 9:00 pm
So was the hapan navy until they got quick recharge turbolaser technology.

An open cluster or nebulous cluster would be a great source of military materials, especially tibanna gas which could be naturally purified and spun the space between the tightly packed stars, making mining it with ships easy and profitable.

Would Tibanna gas supplies of that scale be worth attempting to get hold off?  

stellarmagic

Sol Walker
Crew

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2009 9:04 pm
stellarmagic
So was the hapan navy until they got quick recharge turbolaser technology.

An open cluster or nebulous cluster would be a great source of military materials, especially tibanna gas which could be naturally purified and spun the space between the tightly packed stars, making mining it with ships easy and profitable.

Would Tibanna gas supplies of that scale be worth attempting to get hold off?

Possibly.
(Sombody better tell the Beldons they're out of buisness)  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2009 9:05 pm
You could always try something less obscure too...  

Nelowulf
Vice Captain

Codger

6,200 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200

Sol Walker
Crew

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2009 9:07 pm
....guess no one wants to hear the tale of Vedij...
I must be losing my touch... sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2009 9:08 pm
Not exactly...

Quote:
Some rare species of beldon could actually survive in space, drifting in interstellar nebulae or gas clouds. They could also consume minerals in small planetoids and asteroids by secreting acid on their tentacles to bore into rock and metal. They have been known to even latch onto crippled starships for their mineral content. Like the beldons on Bespin, these "space beldons" also excreted Tibanna gas.

In the dense gas and debris between tightly packed stars in a nebulous star cluster I'd think such creatures would flourish, especially if their metabolism would be able to utilize the abundant heat energy from the nearby stars.  

stellarmagic

K-Blade

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2009 9:10 pm
Cale Darksun
....guess no one wants to hear the tale of Vedij...
I must be losing my touch... sweatdrop

I’m listing  
The Second Imperium

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4580 4581 4582 4583 4584 4585 ... 5665 5666 5667 5668 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games