Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Grammar Guild

Back to Guilds

The Gaian Grammar Guild is a refuge for the literate, a place for them to post and read posts without worrying about the nonsensical ones. 

Tags: grammar, literate, english, language 

Reply Gaian Grammar Guild
Salutations, Greetings and Introductions Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 44 45 46 47 48 49 ... 55 56 57 58 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

werelupe

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2007 11:47 am
I became a member a few days ago, and I forgot to introduce myself. I'm Felena and i hate it when people type so badly that you can't even pretend to understand what they're saying. Sometimes I forget to capitalize my "I"s and spell some words wrong. sweatdrop but i never write illegible stuff on purpose.  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2007 1:02 pm

I am a literate 16 year old girl, born and raised in New Jersey. Round the age of 7 I was always correcting peoples sentences to make sense. I guess it caught up with me. Well anyway thats why im here. People got so pissed off at me for correcting there spelling and sentence fragmentation that I figured I would come to a place where that wouldn't happen so often.

Boy 1-"People make mistakes."
Boy 2-"Thats where your wrong."
Boy 1-"Huh?"
Boy 2-"Perfect people don't."

Sorry last time it was too small.  

TrumpetGirl1

Organic Shadows

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2007 2:17 pm
Please, use apostrophes. "Thats" should be "that's" and "im" should be "I'm" or "I am"; "there" should be "their".  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2007 4:30 pm
Hi. I'm a literate 14-year-old. I'm always correcting people, so if I correct you please don't be angry. Sometimes I just can't help it... Well, I'm always up for a good debate, but sometimes I stop making sense, and if I do I'd like someone to tell me so! I'm always kind, and I love literate people. I'm a big fan of anime, my favorites being Inuyasha, Bleach, Naruto, and Blood. If I ever spell something wrong or use incorrect grammar please let me know so I can correct it. Well... I think I may have been a tad bit long-winded, so once again hi to everyone, and I hope I fit in well.  

Hally_The_Angel

s_coeus

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2007 6:42 pm
Hey! I guess I'm the newest of the new (for now) and figured I'd introduce myself... If there were very much to introduce. Typical teen with a fondness for debate, the outdoors, and of course - good grammar. biggrin  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2007 2:14 pm
Hello. I reckon I am the newest person at the moment. My name is Jay, or Aphelion, or Marie-José Françoise. I am 14 years old, and I live in the Netherlands. English is not my first language. If I use incorrect grammar, or misspell something, please let me know. 4laugh  

Perihadion

Kaitsaurus

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2007 10:21 pm
Hi people!!
My name is Kaitlynn, and I am new to the guild.
I'm not a grammar nazi, but I do REALLY hate txt tlk.
I don't even talk like that when I text message. 3nodding  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2007 10:04 am
Andreis
Here we learn of Andreis' dislike for the repeated veiw of said 'illitaracy' not being role playing. stare stressed

On another note, one peice is hilarious!! It's so random. xd

...erm...its "One Piece". Just pointing it out.

Anywho...

Hello. I'm a 17-year-old over literate. I'm not quite a grammar nazi (yet), but txt.tlk ticks me off a lot (except for in online 1st-person shooter RTSe.s)  

Lord of the Vine

Dapper Codger

7,825 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100

Zealot of Insanity

PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2007 10:10 am
Dion Necurat
Andreis
Here we learn of Andreis' dislike for the repeated veiw of said 'illitaracy' not being role playing. stare stressed

On another note, one peice is hilarious!! It's so random. xd

...erm...its "One Piece". Just pointing it out.

Anywho...

Hello. I'm a 17-year-old over literate. I'm not quite a grammar nazi (yet), but txt.tlk ticks me off a lot (except for in online 1st-person shooter RTSe.s)

1st person RTS? I've never heard of that before. Could you give me an example?  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2007 3:02 pm
Hi, I'm Luceid, a 19-year-old(20 tomorrow!) who's just fed up with horrible spelling and grammar. I was actually so disgusted with my Colleg Writing II class that I stopped showing up. The teacher was understanding, sine I think he was just as frustrated with that lot.

Even though I'm very good at spelling, I sometimes make typos that I hope everyone can forgive. Also, my parents' first language is not english, so sometimes, I make one of their common mistakes, though not often.

Thanks!

Edit: Ah! I spelled "spelling" wrong! I shame myself.  

Luceid873

Bug Q Dlestra

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2007 6:38 pm
Zealot of Insanity

1st person RTS? I've never heard of that before. Could you give me an example?

The 1998 Activision remake of Battlezone is a prime example. It allowed command of units and buildings by means of a number-keys menu system.

Anyway, here I am, the 17-year-old geek of many trades, here to spread joy and grammatical wisdom. I hope I don't become too annoying in my enforcement of the latter. sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2007 8:07 pm
Hi!
Call me iROCKurLOVE. I'm just a regular 14, soon 15, year-old. Talk to me if you like.

NERVEracking

Mini Chew

Invisible Conversationalist

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2007 2:55 pm
Hi. My name is Angie but people call me Mini. I am going to 15 on the 28th of July. I twitch when I am nervous. I like to skateboard and listen to music. I am pretty open about my life. My friends say I have a nasty temper and I have to agree with them on that.  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2007 11:04 pm
Greetings and salutations!
My name is Nimue and I just remembered I had this account the other day. Another reason why I shouldn't get bored at work, I guess...
Anywho, thank you for allowing me to join and I look forward to having at least one place on this website that doesn't make me want to take a red pen of edity doom (tm) and fix all the errors. >.>  

nimuemelpomene

Gaian Grammar Guild

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 44 45 46 47 48 49 ... 55 56 57 58 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games