Welcome to Gaia! ::

Galactic Empire: The Official Star Wars Guild

Back to Guilds

The Official Star Wars guild since it's creation nearly 8 years ago. Join the Empire, be part of the legacy. 

Tags: Star Wars, Official, Jedi, Sith, Empire 

Reply The Second Imperium
Galactic Travel and Information Help Desk (RP help) Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 44 45 46 47 48 49 ... 716 717 718 719 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Sol Walker
Crew

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2006 10:40 pm

just make it so no one can read it and use it as a thought folio. Like da Vinchi.
PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2006 10:57 pm

Eh, knowing me, I'd forget how to decode it. xd

Just checking, orbital bombardment usually doesn't work in Star Wars because...it's too inaccurate and has too much collateral damage?

HereticX

Sol Walker
Crew

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2006 11:00 pm

Im willing to doubt that. Targeting computers are fully capable of handleing an orbital bombardment.
Im assuming the side effects would be more ecologicaly based.
PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2006 11:09 pm

Well, one of the explanations I've heard used as to why they don't use that option in some sci-fi stories is that the miles of atmosphere and the ozone layer or whatever cuts down on the accuracy and power of the laser as it travels from orbit.
I suppose it could be done from lower orbit.

Well, surface missle and laser batteries could be another reason orbital bombardment wouldn't be used.

I'm just wondering whether or not it would be a good idea to use that on Telti (assuming he's cleared out the enemy fleet). I mean, Telti's production facilities are densely packed and spread across the planet. He wants to conquer it and take it for himself, not destroy the factories. Then again, urban combat can be quite destructive.
Depends upon what the Republic has defending Teliti. If it's just a fleet, well, he'll probably just send in an invasion, maybe with light orbital backup.
And I'm not sure that his ships are very well equipped for orbital bombardment, anyway, as they're a bit lighter on the superheavy blasters that most cap ships mount.

I'll let it stew for a bit, along with everything else.

And I should probably get to sleep soon, before my brain melts.

HereticX

Sol Walker
Crew

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2006 11:15 pm

I recommend using chemical nerve agents on the populace. They certainly wouldn't expect it. or possibly a wide scale EMP bomb. or yet again, a viral agent.
Another possibility: hire slicers to get you the access codes to their defense grid.
PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2006 5:27 am

Cale: The inhabitants of telti of organic composition number in the sevens.

Its automated, and almost forgotten. If it wasn't owned by the NR, it would be neutral.

Its about as heavily guarded as a free sample.

Nelowulf
Vice Captain

Codger

6,200 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200

HereticX

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2006 8:51 am

Ah, thanks, I didn't know that about Telti.

Hmm...so, they might have a few ships in orbit, for token sentry duty, and have a light automated defense grid. I'm not complaining; it's the Republic's loss.
Nice and easy task for a Sith Intern, I guess. A good start.

Fly in, bust on the sentry ships if they don't just give up, ask for the planet's surrender, and if they don't, bomb a defense site or two and send in the troops.
Sound like a decent plan?

As for slicers, the problem might be getting them on the ground; covert drop might work, but there's still the problem of getting them to the (presumably guarded) HQ/control center. And I'm sure that the defense systems would have anti-slicing measures, and also I'm pretty sure they wouldn't use wireless (so, the slicer actually has to get there to do his thing).
An EMP bomb might be good. Bomb a couple of defense sites, land the troops, and with a bit of defense, they're yours.

Hmm...'forgotten'. Does that mean that nobody ever really thinks about it, or it's old and no longer used. I mean, a planet devoted to droid production would seem to be important.
If he takes the planet, he's probably going to have to do some overhauling to build battledroids and droid fighters.

Hey, do Drako's forces/NHI get a capital? If they do, Chidee might move his to Telti, as it is basically a factory planet, and valuable for his side, and it's the only decent planet his side controls. He might move it again later, if a more suitable one comes up, though.
Huh, I think he has some factories on Coruscant (but buried under miles of red tape, creative accounting, and generous bribes to the right agencies), and some on Nemodia right now. Doesn't really matter for now, it's just that he's getting his droids from somewhere. After Telti falls, it'll probably be his main production facility.
PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2006 10:19 am

well I didn't know. I need to know this stuff before I started getting all apocalyptic.

Sol Walker
Crew

Nelowulf
Vice Captain

Codger

6,200 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2006 12:30 pm

Okay, Things to know about Telti:

1) Its an airless moon. Not a planet. Subterrainian tunnels are the most prominent means of transportation. Meaning EMP won't disrupt much from the surface.

2)It supplies much of its buisness to the NR, supplying Protocol, medical, astromech, and other automatonic services to high level of government on coruscant (which at this time, has been negated due to the recent FSL takeover.)

3) Thirteen years after Battle of Endor (so actually, two years from the current year of the RP) Brakiss, an imperial spy turned Jedi, controls it. Alone. With 500 red terror gladiator droids to assist him in keeping his "quiet".

So, this falls in that you will be the person whom Brakiss would replace... in a sense...

However, it does not have much more than simply a single production factory. Very few sentries.

So, taking it over would be like the Empire capturing Cloud City.
PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2006 1:08 pm

oh yeay, I remember that place now. I read the book that it was in...cripes what was it called, Children of the Jedi? no thats not it...

Sol Walker
Crew

Nelowulf
Vice Captain

Codger

6,200 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2006 1:12 pm

dunno. Official Guide to planets and moons for me.
PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2006 4:13 pm

Thank you.

So, there's like on big factory on this airless moon? And most of it is underground?
Hmm...not much call for bombardment or artillery (doesn't want to wreck the factory), but the tanks could be 'doorknockers'.
Defenses are probably going to be some sentry guns and a few guards? Plus whatever ships are insystem? (Don't even have to be stationed there, they can be passing through or resupplying).

HereticX

Nelowulf
Vice Captain

Codger

6,200 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2006 4:17 pm

The ships in the system pose about as much threat to any force you bring as an Ixll on Da Shoocha IV poses to a hungry rancor.

There's a pic on the front page of SOTF if you wish to know what it looks like.

as for sentries, you'd have five hundred gladiator droids at best... actually, even those are not even made yet. Brakiss isn't there as of now.

So really, the resistance you'll be encountering will be about as great and as effective as a monkey throwing poo.
PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2006 4:40 pm

Huh, so it's a bit bigger than the Death Star, with a big factory, a big hangar, and command center?

Am I overestimating its worth or something? Or does the Republic just have higher priorities? Because I keep thinking this has to have some kind of defense.

HereticX

Nelowulf
Vice Captain

Codger

6,200 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2006 4:44 pm

I doubt, for any purpose or cause, that a moon out of the way of major trade routes, that produces protocol droids, is really that important to the New Republic.

Seriously, its the potential it has that makes it valuable to your cause, not necessarily because its a prized heavily defended planet.

It has about as much usefulness to the Republic as Tatooine.
The Second Imperium

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 44 45 46 47 48 49 ... 716 717 718 719 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games