Welcome to Gaia! ::

THIS IS HALLOWEEN

Back to Guilds

WHERE IT IS ALWAYS HALLOWEEN (and sometimes exams) 

Tags: Halloween, Demons, Monsters, Roleplay, Academy 

Reply THIS IS HALLOWEEN
Ideas, Questions, Suggestions? Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 44 45 46 47 48 49 ... 156 157 158 159 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

lizbot
Vice Captain

No Faun

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2011 9:58 pm
For sanity ~ we'll say its the equivalent of a dollar. For love of zoo, we will say the equivalent of a Canadian dollar.  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2011 8:56 am
Random Artist
This isn't a QQ question but most pets for the wishing quests have been dropped to 1 point per. This seems to make obtaining pets tremendously harder and was this the point of that? The difficulty level of getting 300 quests alone, just for a pet, seems to border on ridiculously hard but was that the aim of it?

I'd like to repeat this question. I am slightly disappointed by the change; as it was with the previous system, it took me months to save for a 300-point pet, and it now seems discouragingly difficult. Even though some of the pet prices have been dropped in the shops, the pets bought in the shops still count against our purchase limit for the day, so regardless of price, buying a pet to hold towards wishing center use is still something to be considered carefully. So the price drop doesn't change much when buying pets for the wishing center, in my opinion. Was the change made in an attempt to balance the price drop, or was it made to make the wishing pets harder to get?  

prolixity
Crew

Shameless Enabler

17,150 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Hygienic 200
  • Ultimate Player 200

Scyerline

Shameless Gawker

PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2011 3:25 pm
So, Bea is trying to make a movie club, however there have been some issues that need resolving. This question came up...

Quote:
how are the students getting a hold of human world movies? OR are we watching movies and giving them an appropriate halloweentown twist and if so who is going to summarize the altered movie plots?

At first I was thinking of the academy having a human movie archive in the library, but then someone else suggested putting a halloween twist on the movies.

Quote:
Bad Movie Club ideas: Tangled, Toy Story 2

Good Movie Club ideas: Mangled, Gore Story 2

I'd focus on parody/punny/Halloween versions and films, ie actual stuff they would be watching if they went out to a movie on Frightday night, definitely not contraband.

But the concern for that is if we are to do halloweentown spinoffs we'd need to all agree what happens so that the comments arent totally 'what?'

How should the club go about this?  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2011 7:22 pm
Who founded the school? Was it Hellma? Or was there a headmaster/mistress before her?

Also when was the school founded for that matter?  

Blade Kuroda

Militant Raider

Zoobey
Artist

Magical Incubator

PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2011 9:42 pm
Prolixity
Random Artist
This isn't a QQ question but most pets for the wishing quests have been dropped to 1 point per. This seems to make obtaining pets tremendously harder and was this the point of that? The difficulty level of getting 300 quests alone, just for a pet, seems to border on ridiculously hard but was that the aim of it?

I'd like to repeat this question. I am slightly disappointed by the change; as it was with the previous system, it took me months to save for a 300-point pet, and it now seems discouragingly difficult. Even though some of the pet prices have been dropped in the shops, the pets bought in the shops still count against our purchase limit for the day, so regardless of price, buying a pet to hold towards wishing center use is still something to be considered carefully. So the price drop doesn't change much when buying pets for the wishing center, in my opinion. Was the change made in an attempt to balance the price drop, or was it made to make the wishing pets harder to get?

It is something I've been debating on and off because of decreased attention to the Wishing Center. Now, if there is more attention/love for the wishing center, I'll consider adding the point tally al ittle higher, it was just strange when it was just one person swarming the wishign shop for 7 points a go :V  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2011 9:59 pm
Scyerline
So, Bea is trying to make a movie club, however there have been some issues that need resolving. This question came up...

Quote:
how are the students getting a hold of human world movies? OR are we watching movies and giving them an appropriate halloweentown twist and if so who is going to summarize the altered movie plots?

At first I was thinking of the academy having a human movie archive in the library, but then someone else suggested putting a halloween twist on the movies.

Quote:
Bad Movie Club ideas: Tangled, Toy Story 2

Good Movie Club ideas: Mangled, Gore Story 2

I'd focus on parody/punny/Halloween versions and films, ie actual stuff they would be watching if they went out to a movie on Frightday night, definitely not contraband.

But the concern for that is if we are to do halloweentown spinoffs we'd need to all agree what happens so that the comments arent totally 'what?'

How should the club go about this?

imo~ I think that there aren't many human-made movies that they can get, since things like that are considered contraband. It's hard to play a DVD or VHS tape when said VHS/DVD player keeps trying to eat the human-made device. At most, some aspiring Halloweener would need to pirate said movie, leading to many bootlegs.

HOWEVER even with all of this in mind, I can't help but to feel that the OOC execution of this club can get very muddy and overly complicated rather quickly. And that would... well. Suck. Writing a Halloween twist onto movies might be too much work (though if you guys want to do that, it could be done by volunteers or it could be a position in the club).

My suggestion? Assume that the human actors are all Reapers and that it was made in Halloween. Why? Reapers look quite like humans, and they're easier to dress: no need for complicated wardrobes since their bodies lack wings (except Valkyrites)/tails/spikes/what have you. That and they don't stink up the set (sorry undead), the camera can't lose them (sorry ghosts), and they're a LOT easier to negotiate contracts/deals with (sorry Prima Donna Demons).

However~ I think if a film is VERY popular IRL and doesn't fit into the Halloween theme at all like Star Wars and Star Trek? I'd call those human bootlegs, if only because Halloween lacks robots/all that future-y tech.

And really bad movies like Twilight can be bootlegs too. I'm pretty sure several vampire and werewolf clans boycott that movie just because it misrepresents their races. C:

Also this is something you guys should keep in mind:

Blade Kuroda
With the addition of the Hunters, I've just realized something...

For this setting, did Tim Burton ever create The Nightmare Before Christmas? For while things have likely changed in the hundred or so years this takes place after the film, Hunters that have seen it would probably be able to draw some sort of correlation between them when they come on over (Worlds grounded in the Holidays and Halloween in specific).

If this is the case.... then what the hell is Tim Burton? XD One of the Hunters?

lizbot
The movie was never created. Instead, the charming and musical stop-motion claymation film, "The Fantasy After Last Tuesday" was a cult hit that launched a thousand Hot Topic stores.

^-- Treat TNBC as a historical musical performed on stage every so often like a Broadway show.

Blade Kuroda
Who founded the school? Was it Hellma? Or was there a headmaster/mistress before her?

Also when was the school founded for that matter?

Liz will need to answer the first line of questions, however I believe the school has been around since anyone can remember. There's no definition of "time" in Halloween since every day is October.  

Marushii
Vice Captain

Enduring Loiterer

12,925 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Angelic Alliance 100
  • Brandisher 100

lizbot
Vice Captain

No Faun

PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2011 10:18 pm
Amityville Academy was founded well over a thousand years ago, and not by Hellma. There have been many school heads since then, their terms lasting anywhere from centuries to a tragic matter of days.

IC knowledge: Hellma Shoxx came to the school as headmistress in her latest (but now missing) body about 50 years ago.

Unspoken knowledge amongst the older school staff and much older alumni: the creature known as Hellma has been head of the school on and off at least half a dozen times in the last five hundred years. Each term was under a different name and body. She was also a student in the school at least once.  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2011 7:40 am
Zoomutt
Prolixity
Random Artist

It is something I've been debating on and off because of decreased attention to the Wishing Center. Now, if there is more attention/love for the wishing center, I'll consider adding the point tally al ittle higher, it was just strange when it was just one person swarming the wishign shop for 7 points a go :V

Thank you for answering! I don't know how much overall attention the wishing center gets, but since it's one of a very few ways to get the wishings and wishing cousins, I'd personally like to see it get more attention. I know at least a few people who use it; or perhaps if there were a wishing tier between 25 and 200, more people would take interest; or perhaps a trophy for collecting wishings and cousins as well as the couple of individual trophies.  

prolixity
Crew

Shameless Enabler

17,150 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Hygienic 200
  • Ultimate Player 200

poke mattix

Rainbow Lover

25,750 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Beta Gaian 0
PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2011 3:53 am
I've a question about the ToT badges!

Do we need 8 'different' badges, or can we use say, two badges from the same ToTer to qualify for the minipet/custom raffle?  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2011 10:31 pm
Here's a question!

Can one ghost student touch/make contact with ANOTHER ghost student even if they are transparent? o:  

sleepZombie

Shameless Man-Lover

9,100 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Generous 100
  • Sausage Fest 200

lizbot
Vice Captain

No Faun

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2011 11:31 pm
poke: idk

zom: not really ~ or at least, not in any kind of practical way. They don't really make any kind of solid contact in that state, unless there's a lot of concentration involved. Moving a pencil while transparent is hard enough, but trying to poke another transparent ghost? That's like 10x more challenging, because they have to deal with both their own less tangible state and their target's.

Solid objects: It's like trying to herd dust motes.
Another intangible: It's like trying to herd dust motes with dust motes.  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2011 11:21 am
Can/would there be a circus in Halloween? A creepy, terrifying circus^_^ Like I wanna make a circus freak gator boy named Nile, and I'd love for him to be "Circus Royalty" like he grew up in "The Great Karn-Evil Circus!" And learned all sorts of weird talents like fire swallowing and tight rope walking, etc.  

Ice Queen

Dapper Lunatic

Sexy Cocaine

Greedy Guest

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2011 12:14 pm
I've been meaning to ask, but under bakeneko/nekomata, it says their natural ability is minor hex magic. What all does this entail? Is it basically just small curses?  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2011 1:23 pm
Circuses are fine, though expect them to be more populated with scary clowns than anything. Scary clowns everywhere. Scary clowns forever. Pretty much, as far as post-graduate FEAR powers and population goes, scary clowns pretty much have it in the bag. Other creatures would of course be found in them as well, but with much smaller numbers. Also be careful of giving him a bunch of side abilities, as that can a bit of a double edge sword in enrollment.

Minor hexes: tier one curses and hexes are things like temporary conditions that cause annoyance and irritation. They have a greater impact on the way someone feels physically rather than appearance and whatnot, and require proper preparations and incantations beforehand. Example: with planning, they could make someone feel a small but constant itch in their hand for several hours. At tier one, they could not make it blue, loose it's skin, smell strange, taste like bubblegum, grow a bunch of hair, or anything like that.  

lizbot
Vice Captain

No Faun

Blade Kuroda

Militant Raider

PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2011 2:24 pm
A couple questions.

What's the uniform for the bogeyman? Basically the same as a cop outfit or something different?

Also... a lot of places have strange laws (Like apparently Chicago has a law against... fishing while sitting on a giraffe's neck). What are some laws in Halloween that's really out there?  
THIS IS HALLOWEEN

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 44 45 46 47 48 49 ... 156 157 158 159 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games