Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry Roleplay Guild

Back to Guilds

A school of magic, based on J.K. Rowling's books. In need of Professors and Students! Join Now for the February - May year! 

Tags: Harry Potter, Hogwarts, Hogsmeade, J.K. Rowling, Roleplay 

Reply Great Hall
The Sorting Hat ~ CLOSED 2062-63 Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 44 45 46 47 48 49 ... 180 181 182 183 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Commander Aran

6,300 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2012 8:46 am
User Image
User Image
"τнε spyιηg scнεмεr"

THOUGHTS: Let it be Slytherin...

MOOD: Hopeful.

User Image

Having the name Warren meant he was going last out of everyone. So when Matt's name was finally called he looked up and stuck his hands in his robes pockets. Not worried at all, he knew what he wanted and he just hoped he got it. So with jade eyes locked on the Sorting Hat he moved up the stairs and sat down on the bench as the Sorting Hat was lowered onto his head.
User Image
What makes you happy?

I wonder... what makes you happy...

Does it make others happy, too?

User Image

Personality
People say that, in a nutshell, I'm Popular, cool, and witty. However, That's what I seem like on the outside. On the inside I'm cold, and evil. I'm very cunning, and very manipulative. I am however protective of my family and would do anything to protect them, even kill. I'm sort of a loner, preferring to play chess to my hearts consent and not really giving a damn about the well being of others. I have what some people call a 'Wormtongue' where if given enough time, I could convince the devil to sell his soul to me. I like to use it to con a lot of people. Make them do things thinking it's their idea not mine. I tend to be a little prideful of my pureblooded ancestry, but hey, it's who I am, I am of the purest of bloods and intend to keep that. Of course there are a few... Sick limbs that are muggles like my uncle and aunt, but hell, they'll get their divine punishment soon.

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2012 11:24 am
User Image

Leanne Harris
First Year - Unsorted
~~~~***^^***~~~~

Leanne nervously stepped into the Great Hall. She could feel what felt like thousands of eyes focusing on just her, and she gulped nervously. She instead looked about the hall, and her gaze was immediately frawn to the ceiling. The hundreds of candles hanging in midair made her wonder about how much wax would have dripped on everything, but the most amazing thing she noticed was the ceiling itself. It probably took the deputy headmistress calling her name twice before Leanne realized that her name had been called. Blushing fiercely, she hugged Ishtar closely as she stepped up to sit upon the stool.

People say that, in a nutshell, I'm nice and sweet, but I tend to lose my temper quickly. Well, more like I kinda explode every now and then. I'm also pretty friendly, too. Just don't get on my bad side.  

Winsome Fey

Alien Hunter

7,050 Points
  • Daring Investigator 50
  • Unfortunate Abductee 175
  • Peoplewatcher 100

enoetoe

Witty Citizen

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2012 12:27 pm
User Image

█ █ █ █ █ █

J E N N I F E R - K A P L A N

f i r s t y e a r - u n s o r t e d

█ █ █ █ █ █

"to be or not to be, that is the question."
- william shakespear

╔══════════════════╗

As her name was called, Jennifer walked up to the stool, noticing all eyes were on her. Looking away from the sea of people, she plopped down on the stool, thinking to herself, So, hat. . . thing. I have no idea whats going on so just do your stuff. Quickly maybe, don't like having hundreds of people staring at me, but hey, I won't complain.

PEOPLE SAY, THAT IN A NUTSHELL, I'M a girl who doesn't think about her actions. I tend to say things I really shouldn't, some of which I mean, and some of them I don't. I love my friends and family and would do anything for them. Although I can be loud and things, when I'm not around friends or family I tend to be a little more quiet and reserved.

╚══════════════════╝

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2012 12:40 pm
User Image

Walking slowly, Andy threw back her shoulders in a confident but not cocky manner. You will be judged from the second you walk in to the last train you take out of this place. Her cousin's soothing and quiet commentary rolled through her head as they prepared for Sorting. Knowing she would probably be near the end with Yarrow-Flint did not soothe the pit of worry down in her stomach.

"A Slytherin," she quietly muttered, "I will be a Slytherin, not shall, will be." When Andy wanted something badly, she was sure that she would get it no matter what the circumstances. Nervous feelings bubbled too close to the surface of her. Quickly, she immersed herself in the decoration of the hall. Lavish with floating candles, it was a sight to behold. During the train ride, Andy had read Hogwarts: A History to prepare herself. Always be prepared no matter what.

From getting her Rowan wand at Ollivander's to talking to Selene outside in the Quad, Hogwarts showed to be the perfect place for a mind to be cultivated. Full of passageways and hidden secrets, the place almost begged to be figured out. However, she knew that as much as she desired it, there was no possible way to unearth all the stories engraved in the stone walls of the castle. Her goal, though, was to discover as many as she can and utilize them in the optimum situations.

Starting at the present, her ears pricked up at the conversations being held amidst her peers. Casually leaning against the wall, it looked like she had not a care in the world. Looked is the key word. Her nervousness was still threatening to overthrow any pretense she but up, but right now Andy made it seem like it was placid as forever.

When the Sorting Hat called her name, she slowly made her way up to the stool and stuck the head firmly on her head. There was no dilly-dally or wishy-washy for her. Andy knew what she wanted. In her mind, the word Slytherin raced through. Surprisingly, all her nerves had evaporated by the time the hat was on her head.
User Image

People say, that in a nutshell, Andy is bossy. Ever since her birth, she needed to have everything perfect and ready. All things she could control and even the things she couldn’t control to be exactly the way she wanted them to be. Her natural personality is that she is driven to the point that sometimes her ambition may come out malicious. As Andy grew up, she realized not everybody was a type A personality person like her and it annoyed her to no end. Despite the fact that she can be controlling and come off a little strong, Andy is extremely cautious. Every action and word is weighed out carefully in her head before she say it. Having a special way with manipulating words, people often say she could charm a snake by just talking. Constantly, she chastises herself for not noticing her father's infidelity earlier and has trained herself to have an astute eye that can pick up even the subtlest signs. Not to mention, she has no time for anything dealing with love. After what happened with her mother and father, she started to believe that love was merely just an illusion that could snap at any time.

viscountknight3

Dapper Genius

2,000 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Wall Street 200
  • Signature Look 250

Utsuha Moon

Crew

Sparkly Lunatic

21,075 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Grunny Harvester 150
  • Object of Affection 150
PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2012 1:32 pm
User Image
Chase Henrick
~ Unsorted ::: First Year ~

User Image

Chase tightened his fist as he walked down the Great Hall. He was nervous, obviously. He hoped that the anxiety won't give him another nosebleed: He already had to deal with one earlier and didn't want to bleed all over Hogwarts on the very first day. Or maybe it wasn't the high blood pressure. Maybe it was just an unknown disease that only affect Chase alone in the magical land of Hogwarts. Yeah, that had to be it.

There went the last tiny bit of his sanity. I need quiet! Chase yelled in his head. He tried to focus on other things, like the Hogwarts library. He heard that the school owned the biggest collection of books. Chase wished that the sorting and feast would be over soon so that he could drown himself in a stack of exquisite books. Yeah, that would be nice... Maybe Ravenclaw did suit him after all.

"Chase Henrick!"

For a second, he forgot he still had legs. His body seemed to be unresponsive, and he wondered if he's getting a stroke or something. No, strokes wouldn't happen to a healthy student. Maybe not. Was he even healthy? All he ever does was glue his butt onto the library floor with books and read until the librarian would yell at him to get out. Dear God.

Chase mentally slapped himself and finally, he got up and sat down on the stool. In a couple seconds, he would finally belong to a house. Finally, the start of a new beginning.

Quote:
People say that, in a nutshell, I'm quite observant. I'm quiet and calm, but not shy. Others say that I'm very much grade-obsessed and honest to a fault. What they don't know is that I'm borderline depressed. A good book can get my mind off of the pain of the loneliness swelling inside me.

User Image

"The person who tries to live alone will not succeed as a human being.
His heart withers if it does not answer another heart.
His mind shrinks away if he hears only the echoes of his own thoughts and finds no other inspiration."
- Pearl S. Buck

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2012 1:42 pm
Elliot watched as Shina and Rue sat under the Hat, and then took a deep breath and steeled himself. He tucked Cheshire into a pocket, the kitten's head popping out just barely, and headed towards the Hat to be sorted. He sat on the stool, holding the magical artifact in his hands. I wonder how it works? Some kind of modified Legilimency? Or just charms that show a person's soul? I wish I had time and the knowledge to actually study this... The young boy shook off his thoughts and placed the Hat on his head, after removing his normal one.

I want to learn, but I don't want to be separated from Rue and Shina... He held his breath as he waited to be Sorted.

People say that, in a nutshell, I'm studious. I spend a lot of time looking things up and reading everything I can get my hands on, and have begun teaching myself other languages just so I have more things to read.  

Catastrophic Ecstasy

-Mister Grell Sutcliff-

3,400 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Profitable 100
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2012 4:08 pm
`•.¸¸.••´´`•.(`•.¸Payton Loughty III¸.•´).•´``•• .¸¸.•´

•°o.O First Year~ Unsorted O.o°•

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
׺°”˜`”°º×☠׺°”˜`”°º×
They grouch very grouchy female stepped into the great hall somewhere near the back of the line. Her eyes swept the vast room looking at the long tables occupied by older students then the table up front for the staff. She swallowed thickly letting just a tad bit of her nervousness show through her usually blank exterior. 'Can we hurry up?' The first name was read off then almost as if she asked the question aloud. Student after student all seeming as nervous as she, with the exceotion of a few, sat on the stool befor eveyone and was sort by the hat with a highly annoying voice. Her eyes lit with a tad bit of interest when Leanna went up for her turn but after the female was sorted she simply became impacient once more. 'They are taking forever.' She shuffled is feet in her spot, shifting her weight restlessly. Just as she felt she'd die of lack of entertainment, or in othe rwords boredom, her name was called. Payton walked to the stool briskly and sat down waiting for the hat to be placed upon her head and to find out what house she'd be in.

┏━━━━━━━━━┓
Time of Day/Date:〗Night
Mood:〗Irate
〖【OutOfCandy:
┗━━━━━━━━━┛

People say that, in a nutshell, I'man introvert, and that I have a rather hardened personality. I am a bit on the cold side, and I tend to say whatever runs through my mind making me blunt, that is if I even feel like speaking.  
PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2012 4:23 pm
User Image
User Image
User Image
Heather and Remy enter the Great Hall. They stare in awe at all of the students and the grand decorations.
They follow the other first years and stand in a massive crowd at the front of the Hall.

BeaterBeast525

Timid Werewolf

5,750 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Cats vs Dogs 100
  • Gaian 50

aliciazee

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2012 4:40 pm
User Image
User Image
Selene Gillette
Unsorted || First Year

User Image

As the group of students made their way into the Great Hall, Selene took the opportunity to observe the other students. This was, after all, the first time since the train ride she had been around the older students. She suspected there would be little competition for her among the first years, excluding Andromeda of course, and began to assess the other students. Truly, she only cared for the Slytherins, not really paying the other houses much mind. Selene, dawning her mask of dignity, importance, and self-righteousness, followed the crowd up to the stool.

Selene had little doubt where she belonged. She was the epitome of the perfect pureblood daughter; cunning, manipulative, and though she wouldn’t admit it to herself, rather arrogant. Her parents expected nothing less from a Gillette, from their daughter. Her pureblood supremacist views had been engrained in her from the moment she could think, her serpent’s tongue sculpted by her mother’s wise lessons. It made perfect sense that she viewed the world through this filter. Everything, every move she made was cerfully planned, every word planted to cause the most damage. So even in this crown of children, Selene was certain she wouldn’t miss a step, she was “on”. When she heard her named being called, she held her chin high, alive with arrogance, and took her seat on the stool.
_____

People say that, in a nutshell, I'm.

Ambitious:
Selene’s ambition would be admirable, were it not for the fact that the things she sets her mind on are so immoral. One might call her stubborn in her ambitions, saying that she sets her mind on a trivial and unimportant goal and sees it through to it’s completion. Her youth, in this area results in her rash decision-making. It would seem that, should Selene hold two goals of unequal value (for instance, being the owner of a new red dress and becoming a Minister of Magic) she would be just as determined in meeting both goals. When Selene sets her mind to something, she will stop at nothing to accomplish it.

Manipulative
It is said that ambition without intelligence is akin to a bird without wings. Thus, is seems incredibly fortunate that Selene was born with both. Selene certainly is smart enough realize that brute force just isn’t enough to get the job done. Being the intelligent young woman she is, she understands that, in order to get what you desire, you must make others desire you to have it. Selene, even in one of her foulest moods, will not resort to pure and unrestrained violence. She finds demonstrations of power rather pointless, even to the point where she finds it a mere annoyance. Selene has the looks and the brains to charm anyone, and that is exactly what she does. Playing up her incredibly ironic innocent appeal, she charms both friends and enemies alike. She lures her prey by playing the part of the vulnerable and trustworthy girl, striking at the perfect moment. She is a joy to watch in action, for one never really knows what to expect from her, though she always seems to have her next move planned. They say that “You can catch more flies with honey than you can with vinegar” and this is something that Selene understands and will never waste.

Underestimated:
Selene, through her ambition, intelligence, bitterness, charm, and loyalty, holds great power. She understands life through the filter on competition, proving that she is smarter, better, more evil that she might appear at first She has the ability to intimidate many, though that isn’t how she chooses to present herself. She has great control over herself as well, and control that wil only become stronger and she ages. Selene is a force not to be reckoned with, for though she may appear small and young, she is fierce in every aspect of the word. Her family has equated her with Anne Boylen, the woman who they believe took the little power she had to make herself great. They also warn her that Anne Boylen met her destruction because of her ambition, it is meant to be seen as a warning to Selene, though few know of she actually understands its meaning.

Her greatest ally is that she is often underestimated. This is because of her exceedingly sweet and genuine appearance. When people confront something that they feel is evil, the cowards amoung them look for any excuse they can find to prove that the being isn’t truly evil. Because of this, people, seeing Selene’s appearance and false attitude of kindness, underestimate her. People underestimating her annoys her to no end, though if she chooses to be smart about it, she will learn to see this and an advantage she can hold over others.  
PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2012 5:17 pm
User Image
Melissa-Marie Jonstone
Call me M.J.

M.J.’s jaw dropped as she entered the great hall. Looking around, she was fascinated by the enchanted ceiling, She wished she could reach up and touch it, see what it felt like, see if the candles were truly real. Slowly pulling her attention downward as she neared the front of the hall, she blanched. There it was, the sorting hat. The object that could decide her fate at the school. Please, by Merlin’s beard, let it be a real fit. She wanted a home at this school, not a room of strangers.

Unsorted : First Year

Quote:
People say that, in a nutshell, I'm M.J. has always been a very intellectual and sweet girl. As she grew older, she was prone to a few mood swings, but generally she was of a mild temper. Very self-conscious, she still managed to be loyal to those whom she trusted. Recently she has made an effort to become more independent and confident in hopes of becoming more social and capable before school starts, though her confidence is easily deflated.

MDaylus

Quotable Creature

12,400 Points
  • Champion Cardholder 100
  • Battle: Rogue 100
  • Pet Lover 100

Dolphina Oceanus

Invisible Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2012 5:27 pm
Leonidas Reedling
Unsorted, unemployed, and unimportant

User Image

Leo shuffled into the hall, at the back of the crowd of First Years. He kept his head down, so as to not be stared at, but he cast his gaze around as much as possible. He noticed that the roof arched up so far that you could not tell where it ended, because enchanted clouds obscured it. Four tables lined the hall, each decked with different colors, blue, red, green, and yellow. All the students in the hall seemed to be riveted on the new students, waiting to see where they would end up, if the new students would be joining them.

Leo didn't know. He didn't know much about the houses. He didn't know which one he wanted. All he knew was that his one and only companion in the world, the only one who cared about him, his dog Fire, was gone. He couldn't bring her. At first he hadn't wanted to go to Hogwarts if he couldn't bring Fire. But the man who had come to fetch the poor orphan off to Hogwarts had convinced Leo that by learning how to use magic and becoming a full wizard, he could then use his talents to create a better life for himself and Fire. That had done it. With the help of the man, Leo sought out a family who would care for her over the school year. Leo was upset, but he knew it was the right thing to do.

Now, his name had been called, and his skinny legs moved to the stool and he sat down. The hat was placed over his head, ready to decide his future...

Age:11 | Relationship Status:Single | Injuries/Illnesses: None

Quote:
People say that, in a nutshell, I'm quiet, but cunning. I'm not very social, and I like to think. Some have even accused me of being insane. I don't think I'm crazy, but I have snapped before, especially when someone makes me mad. I get mad easily, and I'm intrigued by the Dark Arts. I feel that Dark is a strong word for them. I see them as another way to learn.

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2012 10:43 pm
User Image
♛═━┈☆┈━═♛
Samuel Meridith

First Year Gryffindor
♛═━┈☆┈━═♛

✔Age: Eleven
✔Mood: Excited
✔Status: Single

Sam stepped up to the Sorting Hat and sat down on the stool, waiting for the Professor to set the Sorting Hat down on his head.

Quote:
People say that, in a nutshell, I'm the exact opposite of my older brother. Whereas Simon is quiet and bookish, I tend to be loud and boisterous. My overconfidence sometimes leads to me getting in trouble and my outlook on life leads me to pull many pranks. Headstrong and sure of myself, I'll step up to just about any challenge, even if it knocks me on my a**.

Out Of Character: ...

Professor Tahiri

Liberal Lunatic

8,700 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Forum Junior 100

Professor Tahiri

Liberal Lunatic

8,700 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Forum Junior 100
PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2012 10:46 pm
User Image
╔══════════════╗
Katrina Varren

First Year ___
╚══════════════╝

Where am I? The Great Hall
What am I doing? Getting Sorted.
What am I thinking?Please not Slytherin.

Kat took her turn after Samuel and sat down on the stool. When the Hat was placed her on her head, she prayed for it to not place her in Slytherin.

Quote:
People say that, in a nutshell, I'm sweet, kind and caring; and despite my family's hatred of Muggles, I find nothing wrong with them. I like making friends and meeting people and that often gets me in trouble with my parents I've very loyal to whoever earns my trust.

Out of Character ...

PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2012 2:34 pm
User Image
The Sorting Hat
User Image

Diamond_Wales
User Image

People say that, in a nutshell, I'm cool and detached, analytical. I don't necessarily make friends too easily, as I tend to be standoffish and brutal in my assesment of people, and I don't really like hanging around too many people. If I do make a friend, however, I would do what I can to help them out as much as possible.

The Professor set the hat down carefully on the student's head. For a moment the hat was silent before speaking....

Detached you say
Calculating
Coldness in yourself I see
Pureblood in you
Well I know where you will flourish

Slytherin!

VixenViVi

Desirable Vampire

VixenViVi

Desirable Vampire

PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2012 6:16 pm
User Image
The Sorting Hat
User Image

Song of Aoede
Cressida Isolde Birch

User Image

People say that, in a nutshell, I'm a bit of a mischief maker. I like to push the envelope a bit too much, sometimes getting myself in trouble. But, rules are made to be broken, right? I have an innate sense of justice. In fact, my parents joke that my first words were “That’s not fair”. As soon as something strikes me as unfair, rather than going the predictable route, I make it fair, in other words, I break the rules that I feel were broken and, well, make mischief. Other than sometimes being stubborn or hardheaded, I try to be an easy person to get along with. I am kind, but, like everyone, I have my moments. I have my ideals about how I believe the world should work and when I see something that does not fit with my own standard, it makes me angry. I have a bit of an obsession with helping people; I tend to gravitate towards the underdog. My work ethic is not what it should be, but I pick up on things quickly so I tend to do well in school.

The Professor set the hat down carefully on the student's head. For a moment the hat was silent before speaking....

Mischief on the surface
Like to help people
Breaking the rules for the right reasons
work ethic needs to improve
I know who will help you with that

Ravenclaw!

Great Hall

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 44 45 46 47 48 49 ... 180 181 182 183 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games