Welcome to Gaia! ::

Galactic Empire: The Official Star Wars Guild

Back to Guilds

The Official Star Wars guild since it's creation nearly 8 years ago. Join the Empire, be part of the legacy. 

Tags: Star Wars, Official, Jedi, Sith, Empire 

Reply The Second Imperium
Star Wars Weapons Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 44 45 46 47 48 49 ... 74 75 76 77 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Manphish

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2007 5:53 am
OK, so I can picture it in my head.... What about weapon systems? Better yet, can anyone send me a link to some site where I can find the technicals on it?  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2007 7:35 am
http://starwars-exodus.wikia.com/wiki/BTS-A2_Long-Range_Strike_Fighter/Bomber  

Sol Walker
Crew

Manphish

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2007 7:58 am
Ok, thanks. That helped a lot!  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2007 11:18 pm
kool, the H-WIng  

eggfooyoung

Valkore Fraust

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2007 7:29 pm
Trandoshan Hunting rifle and DP-23 ftw.

User Image
User Image  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2007 10:25 pm
The Trandoshan LJ-50 is still one of the best. Heavy and only a baker's dozen shots, but wide range so you don't need good aim and severe power for a kill (or seven) every time.  

Jaden_Ordo

Valkore Fraust

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2007 5:55 pm
I think the best and neatest weapon, is the DC-15 rifle. I found out that the jutting out, was a sight. Great weapon, although, SWG makes it shitty. Anyone play?  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2007 6:12 pm
That part jutting out is the sight? How the hell can that posibly be an effective location for the sight?  

Sol Walker
Crew

Valkore Fraust

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2007 4:34 pm
Dude, the rifle is HUGE. It extends and has a gap so its for far and close range. See the bolt? Thats the base, and it extends upward. The barrel like object below is a scope and they use it like a grip. Detatchable, gets taken off then put somewhere. Get one of the Star Wars encyclopedia. The one with ep 3. It has the DC15 in it.

User Image  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2007 5:37 pm
No s**t it's huge. Its a ******** Field rifle.
And the shrunk down model is a different weapon, similar name and parts but its a model designed to go where the bulky DC cant.

And why the hell would you put a sight UNDER the gun?  

Sol Walker
Crew

stellarmagic

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2007 6:12 pm
I'm guessing the weapons were designed with a non-human wielder in mind. The only way you need a sight under a weapon for a human being is if it's an over the shoulder design... and even then it's a bad idea.  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2007 7:06 pm
The kaminoans ordered the rifles, and even they couldnt have been so stupid as have ordered the sight on the bottom.
They've the standard Sentient Bodytype composed of two arms, a head, two legs, and bilateral symetry- just like humans, duros, and rodians.
Theres no reason why they should favor an underslung sight.

Massive poorly designed rifles; heavy uncomfortable armor; the first clones had it tough.  

Sol Walker
Crew

Valkore Fraust

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2007 8:23 pm
Cale Darksun
No s**t it's huge. Its a ******** Field rifle.
And the shrunk down model is a different weapon, similar name and parts but its a model designed to go where the bulky DC cant.

And why the hell would you put a sight UNDER the gun?

...Gee, if its a field rifle, theres not much of a point in using the scope, now is there? Its detatchable and they use it as a grip. Its an optional thing to use on their rifles, just like the sight. Not much use neither of them, because they usually hold it below the waist or, put it on their shoulder. It is a large rifle, bigger than a musket, I think. Yeah, they had tough armor, at FIRST. It was phase 1 armor that was so uncomftorable, they couldnt sit right. Then, phasr 2 came, and it was better and stronger. They were trained to use huge rifles, if they werent so great in firing it, they'd toss a DC15 Carbine, the shorter one. The small piece in front comes out torwards the back and is a stock. Its much better than the Rifle. They got it from an old SMG, I forgot the name. But that model was more of a storm trooper version and Lucas changed it a bit I guess.

User Image  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2007 8:43 pm
I'm not too sure if you really understand what you're saying, kid.

I misunderstood what you were getting at and mistook your use of the wrd Sight as refering to the underslung scope.

Now theres plenty of reasons why you would need a scope on a field rifle (IE a rifle used in large wide open battlefields).
Most of the top sniper rifles used were field rifles with scopes.
Using it as a handle isn't practical at all as it would jar the settings of the scope and spoil your aim. usually when you set a scope you tend to not want to ******** it up.
And if its optional, why do we see it on almost every damn DeeCee depicted?
Its got to be something else.

And in regards to stopping power and range, the Carbine is an inferior weapon. Because when you move from an active army engaging in large scale battles across the galaxy to a peace keeping force fighting in urban and space ship terrains, you dont need a massive bantha rifle. a lower powered bolt and shorter rifle kills most wets just fine.
Thus was spawned the E-11, one of the best rifles ever produced.  

Sol Walker
Crew

Valkore Fraust

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2007 4:44 pm
Who the hell are you calling kid? A field rifle would need a scope, yeah, but not much. There are freakin clone sharp shooters ya know. Yes, it is a dam scope, I read it. It was in the Star Wars encyclpedias. Where they show all of the weapons, armor, ships and all that. It was there. The rifle was stripped in half and had details inside and out. The DC carbine was a damn good carbine, not inferior. That has got to be one of my most favored weapons in Star Wars. The E-11 is just the E-11 rifle with a scope and under stock. Where you retract the stock. Its basicly the same crap, the DC Carbine just doesnt have a scope. The carbine was great because of its size, bro. You could run easily with that and maybe even another in your hand and shoot down a lot of droids or another hostile. Retracting the stock would just make it more accurate. Theyre all great weapons, thats why the republic and the empire used them. They wanted their men to be the best with great artillery and armor. But as far as the DC rifle, you have a good point. Why the hell would clones use it as a handle? Well, its only a rifle around 4 feet tall. They use it under them. Like... when they were in Geonosis, the clones shot it at their waist because it was a wrather large weapon and was hard to handle. The scope had a design where it could be used as a handle because there was no other place you could put your hand conftorably LOL.  
The Second Imperium

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 44 45 46 47 48 49 ... 74 75 76 77 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games