Welcome to Gaia! ::

Galactic Empire: The Official Star Wars Guild

Back to Guilds

The Official Star Wars guild since it's creation nearly 8 years ago. Join the Empire, be part of the legacy. 

Tags: Star Wars, Official, Jedi, Sith, Empire 

Reply The Second Imperium
The Prequel Trilogy Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 44 45 46 47 48 49 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

ElladanKenet
Crew

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2007 10:12 am
Des Voh
AoTC had great action!!! The Jango Fett vs Obi-Wan was interesting but too short.

And the clones just coming down and pwning was great.

The love-dovey parts were horrible, even the lines were horrible.
Don't forget the Jedi Arena Battle.

Still has the Guiness Record for "Most Lightsabers in One Scene"  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2007 10:18 am
I just had to sit and listen to some little brat tell me how the old movies sucked because (noob speak alert)the original trilogy:

"had a bunch of stupid lame-o lightsaber fights and Darth vader was so slow with his lightsaber. plus the graphics stunk and I could have flown an x-wing better than luke did. and whats with han solo and those creepy tights. Now Episode three? that was the best movie ever! the space battle was sooo cool and the battle on the lava planet with obi-ben and anakin was the awesomest thing ever!!"

and i did just type that pretty much word for word.  

Jaden_Ordo

Sol Walker
Crew

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2007 11:05 am
Someone find this kid so we can hurt him severely.  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2007 6:14 pm
Yes, please do.

When we've had our way with him, I'll let Baal finish off the leftovers.  

ElladanKenet
Crew

Moyayuki

6,100 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2007 6:54 am
ElladanKenet
Des Voh
AoTC had great action!!! The Jango Fett vs Obi-Wan was interesting but too short.

And the clones just coming down and pwning was great.

The love-dovey parts were horrible, even the lines were horrible.
Don't forget the Jedi Arena Battle.

Still has the Guiness Record for "Most Lightsabers in One Scene"

Yeah, that scene was so awesome! They had filmed each actor individually and the put them into a seamless scene. It's so cool watching the background in that part, because you can see little battles going on. Continuity is good in that scene, too, because the nexu is still laying dead by the execution pillars and you can see the reek running around and even the acklay tearing up some battle droids. twisted

Yes, AotC has great action. Even though the Obi-Wan vs. Jango fight was sort of short, it was intense! Jango had some major skills -- he pretty much was kicking Obi-Wan's butt! And did anyone else notice that when Jango gets back into Slave 1 that he bonks his head on the closing door? rofl On the commentary they said they did that on purpose b'c some stormtroopers are kinda clumsy. xd

Yes, I'm a Fett fan, and that's one of the biggest reasons why I really liked that movie. It was so cool to know finally know what Boba Fett looks like under his helmet! I bet that George Lucas decided that just so the age-old question would be answered. It's so funny reading some books that have Boba Fett in them during the original trilogy, and you just have to think to yourself: "Haha, these people never even knew what he really looks like!" Now it makes me wonder if someone will write a book about an adult Boba Fett, but now with the added knowledge of his past and such.

Any-who, clones are freakin' awesome. I pretty much cried during the scene in RotS when the clones were killing the Jedi b'c I loved both groups and it made me sad to 1.) see the Jedi dying and 2.) seeing the clones turn "evil". crying

And can you believe that the clones who are in full armor are just CG?? In RotS, it was impossible to tell, especially the first time. Now whenever I watch it, I am still blown away by that realization! And then with clones such as Commander Cody, they just got Temura Morrison(sp?) to wear a blue suit and they digitally put on the armor. Man, he had to do a lot of dialogue, saying the lines for all the clones, huh? It actually bothers me when in a video game with clone troopers they have some other VAs doing them, and I'm like: "No! That's not right! They're supposed to have the same cool voice!" scream I mean, you gotta admit Morrison's voice sounds cool when he's speaking "under the helmet". sweatdrop

Okay, I think that's enough rambling for now. . .To put it simply, if the corny love scenes and dialogue were taken out of AotC, I would like the movie better. It's hilarious that I'll be sort of daydreaming during the scenes with Anakin and Padme, and then once Obi-Wan comes onto the scene I sit up straight and focus all my attention on the screen. xp

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2007 4:18 pm
MedicalMechanica
What was your favorite movie out of the first three?

i'd have to say, Revenge of the Sith, definitely  

pytr

Kaze-Kage Daisuko

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2007 4:50 pm
I think the whole prequel trilogy sucked. There was bad acting, cheesy scenes, and stupid characters (and the plotline never really got anywhere). Sure the lightsaber fights were well done and the graphics were great, but it didn't have the spice that old ones had. It so hard to describe, but the old ones had something that the news were missing entirely. Also, just how did Anakin, a total p***y, happen to be the most powerful Jedi ever and then all of a sudden became bad a** Darth Vader. I wanted Darth Vader’s background to be cooler than this, but they had to go ahead and make him a little cry baby who bitched and moaned through every movie. Though I did like the parts where he savagely murdered tons, but then he would start crying and complain about being held back afterwards. I give the creators credit on the animation, but nothing will ever beat the old trilogy in my eyes.  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2007 10:48 am
I agree....I hate the prequels. The original triology is the best at least the people can act!...(well luke skywalker is a bit debatable) Anakin is terrible so is Obi-Wan and anyone who prefers these to the originals...WHY ARE YOU A STAR WARS FAN??!! sorry...rant over..  

x_Yoda

Derpzilla88

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2007 6:18 am
I liked the prequal trilogy only because it looked good and had some of the coolest villains (Darth Maul, Jango Fett, Grievous, Dooku, Sidious). I did like how when there was a major battle, it was expanded on and made them bigger. In AoTC, the arena battle and clones vs droids was amazing. However, the original trilogy will always be a classic and will remain above the prequels.  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2007 12:05 pm
You always have to have the classics. 3nodding

I think the general consensus agrees overall that Ep 3 was the strongest of the prequels, at least in terms of action, as well as bridging the two trilogies together.

Of course, I think we can all agree that the Anakin/Padme scenes were rather hokey, and that Jar Jar was a result of Lucas hitting the bong bong one too many times. O_O  

AFK Masturbating

LordCaedus

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2008 12:44 pm
Of the Prequels, Episode Three was the best. There was a lot of action (which thankfully doesn't require speech) and I actually think Anakin acted better in that film.  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2008 6:33 pm
I liked George Lucas's work when he was a nobody. They could have been soo much better.  

The_Infamous_ThatOneGuy

1,900 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100

AFK Masturbating

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2008 10:01 pm
An animated Clone Wars film?! O_O  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2008 10:31 pm
I believe the thing that made the original Star Wars so great was that it came out in a time when action movies were big (ie Jaws, etc, etc) and it was this weird Sci-Fi that he could barely get a decent budget on because everyone thought it would flop. GL was a nobody back then, just another dork like the rest of us. He didn't care about the money, it was about the actually series and story.

Now he's a money-grubbing lard a** that just bends his prducts and movies to fit the social trends so he can make more money. You don't need all the SAME CHARACTERS. C3P0, R2D2, Obi-wan, jesus man you can use some of them but why don't you THINK UP SOME NEW THINGS! And what the hell was the ARC-170?! What ever happpened to the Z-95 Headhunter, huh? The scientists on Fresia? Nothing, zip, nada. GL is a sell out and a piece of s**t who ruined the great Star Wars series with his greed.

... eek ... Rant much? dramallama  

Jaden_Ordo

Sayla-girl

Noble Dabbler

9,675 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2008 10:50 pm
I think releasing the first couple episodes of his Animated Series as one movie is a good way to advertise for the series. Lets just see what happens and hope he's getting better.  
The Second Imperium

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 44 45 46 47 48 49 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff