Welcome to Gaia! ::

Galactic Empire: The Official Star Wars Guild

Back to Guilds

The Official Star Wars guild since it's creation nearly 8 years ago. Join the Empire, be part of the legacy. 

Tags: Star Wars, Official, Jedi, Sith, Empire 

Reply The Second Imperium
Mos Eisley Cantina Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4623 4624 4625 4626 4627 4628 ... 5665 5666 5667 5668 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

elvisnake

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2009 10:44 pm
I liked English class, and being in school plays was really fun, but beyond that, HS kinda blew.  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2009 11:13 pm
My best friend reminded me a lot of times on how lucky I was, since he was in highschool like normal.

He's a great guy, fun to hang around with, into gaming a lot, etc.

However, throughout school, the faculty decided he was a homicidal maniac waiting to snap. It got so bad with paranoia about him and suspicion that he decided if that crap followed him to college, he'd sue for discrimination because it's all utter BS that some idiot just wouldn't admit he was wrong about.

Short version of an otherwise long history:

I had my life-changing incident in 8th grade, after which I homeschooled. Apparently he had his own that same year, also in 8th grade. He got into an arguement with this bitchy girl that resulted in him being misunderstood as issuing a death threat. All he was doing was trying to get her to STFU and back off or something.

Anyways, the assistant principal decides he's some kinda menace and is kinda, " Watch this one. " with him. Eventually, his dad decides to stop by for a surprise visit to talk with the guy because even he's getting fed up with hearing about all these office visits. The assistant principal swears up and down about him being a potential danger and all that BS, and just refuses to accept otherwise.

End result: The guy, refusing to admit he was wrong, puts on my friend's permanent record that he's a " potential problem. " This followed him all throughout his highschool years, because they would always think he was out to kill his classmates over the slightest thing. He defends himself in a arguement, the one that starts it gets a " talking to " ( And we all know how effective those are, right? ) while he gets suspended for a week, etc.  

Darkened Angel
Vice Captain

K-Blade

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2009 11:28 pm
Man, high school sure has changed from when I went to school. The only time they cared about anything any of the students did is if it damaged school property.  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2009 11:38 pm
The problem for my friend there is that it was seriously discrimination.

He and anyone else could do the exact same thing in the exact same situation, etc. and he'd always get a harsher punishment. In fact, half the time he never did anything.

He told me about the one incident that really set him off which was a fake bomb threat. He didn't make the threat, but he got blamed for it. He says he didn't do it, and they let him go with a warning of, " If anyone says they saw you do it... " which I do believe that some idiot would've had they known they said that, just to get him in trouble because he did have a few enemies that were just rotten like that.

The day the bombing was to take place, he's taken to the office and the 1st thing they do is accuse him with, " Why'd you do it? " He wasn't thinking of it at the time, but he told me later on that he wishes he just went off on 'em about they're basically harassing him because they just assume he's guilty since he's the only suspect they can point at, until they realize it was impossible for him to do what happened, and don't so much as apologize to him for any of their mistakes.

Oh, and according to him from his personal experience, in school, you're not allowed to have your own opinions, even when asked. More on that later if anyone wants to hear it.  

Darkened Angel
Vice Captain

Ral Roke

Dangerous Hunter

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2009 6:49 am
Aurin_Starkiller
Ral Roke
Which one? Got a bunch of TF2 sprays. They rotate so I can't be sure which is which. Speaking of I need to go download some more.

The one about backstabbing.
One of my personal favorites. I've gotten better at catching spies but I still get backstabbed way too often.  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2009 6:53 am
Darkened Angel
The problem for my friend there is that it was seriously discrimination.

He and anyone else could do the exact same thing in the exact same situation, etc. and he'd always get a harsher punishment. In fact, half the time he never did anything.

He told me about the one incident that really set him off which was a fake bomb threat. He didn't make the threat, but he got blamed for it. He says he didn't do it, and they let him go with a warning of, " If anyone says they saw you do it... " which I do believe that some idiot would've had they known they said that, just to get him in trouble because he did have a few enemies that were just rotten like that.

The day the bombing was to take place, he's taken to the office and the 1st thing they do is accuse him with, " Why'd you do it? " He wasn't thinking of it at the time, but he told me later on that he wishes he just went off on 'em about they're basically harassing him because they just assume he's guilty since he's the only suspect they can point at, until they realize it was impossible for him to do what happened, and don't so much as apologize to him for any of their mistakes.

Oh, and according to him from his personal experience, in school, you're not allowed to have your own opinions, even when asked. More on that later if anyone wants to hear it.
No thanks. Already had my share of anger issues in high school.  

Ral Roke

Dangerous Hunter

Princess Min

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2009 9:38 am
people get angry... it happens, now days it is a crime to show emotion it seems.

- a buddy of mine gets pissed off and doesn't say anything all class and get sent to a school social worker and is forever labeled by the school as having emotional issues because of that one day.

- a close friend of mine mentions that she is in love with another girl and is then labeled as a sexual deviant.

- and best of all a good friend of mine is carrying a flash drive down the hall way and the guard confronts him about having a "bomb." (luckily this one just turned out to be hilarious and resulting in an apology from the guard)

but my point is everyone is overly critical, and school are overly packed with guards, are we really that violent and dangerous? does being homosexual make you sex fiend? seriously?  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2009 9:46 am
I'm not saying that misunderstandings don't happen. Or quick judgements. I'm just saying that there are some things I've done in anger that I never should have done and regret now. Though that experience did eventually help get it so that I can control my emotions for the most part. Well, my anger at least.  

Ral Roke

Dangerous Hunter

Princess Min

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2009 9:52 am
I can understand that, and I'm not saying that every cause makes an effect of an unrighteous label, or snappy judgment.

but I do however say high school should be the place for that, in high school we are still learning so much about ourselves at that point that receiving a label like that tends to shape our future to a limit.  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2009 9:55 am
Well that is the nice thing about college. It's a fresh start. You don't know anyone and no one has a misconception of you from when you were in grade school  

Ral Roke

Dangerous Hunter

Princess Min

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2009 9:59 am
so true, and college is too vast to truly get noticed anyways!

unless that is what you are aiming for...  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2009 12:00 pm
I really need to break my TF2 addiction.  

Ral Roke

Dangerous Hunter

Ral Roke

Dangerous Hunter

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2009 12:46 pm
Just added a bunch of new sprays on my computer. They'll be in my random sig. Let me know what you think.  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2009 12:59 pm
good afternoon  

Missing00

Invisible Guildsman

9,100 Points
  • Guildmember 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Noob wrangler 100

Rodyn

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2009 1:24 pm
I'm still in high school and I don't have any problems. That could be because I have, what my friend Jeremy calls, a "meh" personality. Someone tries to start something with me? "Meh." In fact, most everyone I come in contact with likes me for some reason. Not enough to be friends with, but be friendly with.

However, I discovered recently that several people I knew thought I was a druggie for some reason, which is ironic since I'm probably one of the cleanest people in the school. Of course, when about 80% of a 2,000 student school are potheads, or worse, it's probably a common assumption. Especially when it comes to a white guy that zones out every five minutes (even during conversations) with a tired look on his face.  
The Second Imperium

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4623 4624 4625 4626 4627 4628 ... 5665 5666 5667 5668 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games