Welcome to Gaia! ::

Absolute Furry the Guild

Back to Guilds

Gaia's Oldest Furry Guild 

Tags: Furry, Furries, Anthro, Anthropomorphic, Roleplay 

Reply Adult Furries Guild
AFG Sallies Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 462 463 464 465 466 467 ... 1043 1044 1045 1046 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Shaviv

PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2006 10:24 pm
Argh! It's 1:30 AM almost.

It's not safe for me to go home on my own. I'm a little unstable right now, and it's freezing cold.

On the other hand, I can't really call someone for a ride, because anyone I might call is asleep.

Goddamnit.  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2006 10:52 pm
Shaviv
Argh! It's 1:30 AM almost.

It's not safe for me to go home on my own. I'm a little unstable right now, and it's freezing cold.

On the other hand, I can't really call someone for a ride, because anyone I might call is asleep.

Goddamnit.
*pets* cold sucks. We have snow!

And I'm sure someone won't mind that much, if you really NEED a ride..  

Nekoyaki

Kakarotto-san

Dangerous Duck

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2006 12:32 am
Krissim Klaw
(coughs, coughs) Well I'm feeling a little less emo now that I finally finished my painting for the most part. It's not my best work by far, but all things considered it came out decent. And hey, if I turn the lights off, get really far away from it, and squint, it looks pretty darn good. xp

Kaky- Are they claiming they drew it or just not mentioning you at all, or just not linking. Personally if I paid for a piece/was given one as a gift I wouldn't expect to be required to link to the artist every time a displayed it. Sure I would tell who the artist is if someone asked, but thats about it.

if it's a public site like Furaffinity, then yes..I would like a link back to my account so

A. They know where the art came from and who did it
B. It has my commission info on my site and FA account.
C. I considered it stolen for not being asked to upload it. Even if they mention my name, a lot of them never asked.  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2006 12:33 am
neutral I honestly dont get why its so bad if it has your commish stuff on it.  

UglyCoyoteNG

Kakarotto-san

Dangerous Duck

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2006 12:37 am
UglyCoyoteNG
neutral I honestly dont get why its so bad if it has your commish stuff on it.

I meant my FA account and my website. As my art only has my sig on it.

Not only that..recently, I discovered someone impersonating me on a site I never posted at.  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2006 12:37 am
Kakarotto-san

if it's a public site like Furaffinity, then yes..I would like a link back to my account so

C. I considered it stolen for not being asked to upload it. Even if they mention my name, a lot of them never asked.
But didn't they purchase the art so that they could display it on different sites to show off their character? Most people don't purchase art to just hide it away in a darkhole.

I don't know, I guess it is fine if you tell them in advance all the requirments involved with your piece, but personally I wouldn't purchase art from someone that expects me to plug their artsite/account everytime I display it.  

Krissim Klaw

Kakarotto-san

Dangerous Duck

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2006 12:44 am
Krissim Klaw
Kakarotto-san

But didn't they purchase the art so that they could display it on different sites to show off their character? Most people don't purchase art to just hide it away in a darkhole.

I don't know, I guess it is fine if you tell them in advance all the requirments involved with your piece, but personally I wouldn't purchase art from someone that expects me to plug their artsite/account everytime I display it.

Personal sites are fine. Public art sites like FA or DA aren't. One of the people who commissioned me for a dragon had posted the picture on one of them and ended up getting banned because people reported him for stealing it.

Not only that..they're getting the critiques which I do read as sometimes (providing if they do it right) they provide helpful infomation to where I could improve on the next picture but its in someone else's account.  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2006 12:47 am
Krissim Klaw
Kakarotto-san

As far as DA and FA go you are absolutely not suppose to post somone elses work without their permissions. It doesn't matter if it is a paid commission or not, it is still not your own work and get the artist's approval before hand. Kaky is pretty much in the right to rant a little bit about people doing that and only has to inform a mod over on FA if she really wants it taken down and the poster does not comply with her request.

However, as far as a person's personal web-space she is SOL. Probably has little right to complain about people putting up paid artwork on their own site anyway as long as it somehow shows she made it and she just notting that her sig is on there so that cover it.

A quick not to all the artists out there, be sure to properly watermark all your work. Except for commissions, of course, people tend to not like to see that on something they paid for.

Selene Aries

Manda_Tifa

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2006 1:11 am
I found out recently that an uncle I hold near and dear has lung cancer and might not make it through the year.... crying  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2006 1:12 am
Diana Vulpes
Krissim Klaw
Kakarotto-san

As far as DA and FA go you are absolutely not suppose to post somone elses work without their permissions. It doesn't matter if it is a paid commission or not, it is still not your own work and get the artist's approval before hand. Kaky is pretty much in the right to rant a little bit about people doing that and only has to inform a mod over on FA if she really wants it taken down and the poster does not comply with her request.

However, as far as a person's personal web-space she is SOL. Probably has little right to complain about people putting up paid artwork on their own site anyway as long as it somehow shows she made it and she just notting that her sig is on there so that cover it.

A quick not to all the artists out there, be sure to properly watermark all your work. Except for commissions, of course, people tend to not like to see that on something they paid for.

I'm not the first person to ask for a link back if the art is posted by someone on a site, public or personal otherwise.

Not only is linking back an acknowledgement, but it is proof that I gave them permission.  

Kakarotto-san

Dangerous Duck

Crenn

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2006 1:46 am
wahmbulance VICTORIA IS ON FIRE! wahmbulance

Due it being summer, Victoria has multiple bushfires. If any of them get really bad.... then we have to be evacuated. We live on the border of 'city'/'country' zones... so we're still at good risk.

EDIT: Oh for you who don't know what victoria is. Victoria is a state in Australia, and I live in it.  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2006 1:49 am
Crenn

Due it being summer, Victoria has multiple bushfires. If any of them get really bad.... then we have to be evacuated. We live on the border of 'city'/'country' zones... so we're still at good risk.

EDIT: Oh for you who don't know what victoria is. Victoria is a state in Australia, and I live in it.

o_o..eek..scary..  

Kakarotto-san

Dangerous Duck

Nekoyaki

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2006 1:50 am
I wish there was an item that made your face turn blue without killing hair/hats/etc. *sigh* It's almost perfect..  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2006 2:28 am
Kakarotto-san
Crenn

o_o..eek..scary..

Not that scary. It happens every year.  

Crenn

FogSage

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2006 5:39 am
Af Mas
Krissim Klaw
Af Mas
I'm pretty sure I can pass all my classes this semester with at least a C, but there's always that fear...That's what's bugging me lately >.<
(Huggles) I know that fear well. Know there is nothing I can say to make the stress go away, but just try your best not to let it eat at you. You've worked hard all semester and just try your hardest, and I'm sure you will be able to pass.

Just not sure how to handle my parents' disappointment if I don't pass

Disappointment? Parents know how to act disappointed to the point that you want to go do charitable things in India, just to make up for being such a hideous failure. gonk

My computer wigged out on me while playing the Sims 2 last night. Damn it. Now the icons and stuff are sized bizarrely. T.T  
Adult Furries Guild

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 462 463 464 465 466 467 ... 1043 1044 1045 1046 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games