Welcome to Gaia! ::

Galactic Empire: The Official Star Wars Guild

Back to Guilds

The Official Star Wars guild since it's creation nearly 8 years ago. Join the Empire, be part of the legacy. 

Tags: Star Wars, Official, Jedi, Sith, Empire 

Reply The Second Imperium
Mos Eisley Cantina Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4672 4673 4674 4675 4676 4677 ... 5665 5666 5667 5668 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Sol Walker
Crew

PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2009 1:02 am
Nope. Not sure I want to.  
PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2009 1:05 am
Yeah, I'm thinking they're gonna do a massive retcon with an even bigger, " F you! " slapped on it.

I haven't even seen TOS and I'm already dreading it.

* starts the inevitable by stating that Picard is better than Kirk * xd  

Darkened Angel
Vice Captain

Sol Walker
Crew

PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2009 1:09 am
Frankly I don't care.
Both Captains are simply examples of the quality leaders Starfleet produces despite the fact Starfleet itself is a flawed and sometimes ineffectual government.  
PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2009 1:31 am
Q. 'Nuff said.  

Darkened Angel
Vice Captain

Sol Walker
Crew

PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2009 1:34 am
******** Q.  
PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2009 2:03 am
Not DeLancie's Q. That one was the annoying one. The rest of the Continuum. They were okay.  

Darkened Angel
Vice Captain

Sol Walker
Crew

PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2009 2:14 am
If I wanna see some nigh omnipotent beings, I'll stick with the Bajorian wormhole aliens.
Or Doctor Who. He's got a phonebooth.  
PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2009 2:32 am
But did you ever see him call somebody with the thing?  

Darkened Angel
Vice Captain

Sol Walker
Crew

PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2009 2:41 am
Oddly enough I dont think so.  
PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2009 2:59 am
Enigma at least has an actual phone-ability in her multi-purpose radar. She also has every pizza place in the entire universe on speed-dial.

Just don't touch her Chronic Technobabble Screwdriver.  

Darkened Angel
Vice Captain

Sol Walker
Crew

PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2009 3:06 am
Yay technobabble.  
PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2009 6:07 am
Actually, the phone on the outside is broken. Several times people have tried using the phone only to realize the line is dead. However, that's pretty much useless considering in the newer series, we see him calling people on the tardis equivalent of speakerphone. Namely people like Rose or Martha.

The actual phone component is broken, but the TARDIS's ability to call anyone, anywhere, at any time in space is not that limited. In fact, if I remember rightly, he even calls himself several times during the doctor mashups.

When making a character, it does help to know the universe in which it is set.  

Nelowulf
Vice Captain

Codger

6,200 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200

Ral Roke

Dangerous Hunter

PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2009 6:30 am
Good news everyone. I don't have work tonight.  
PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2009 6:49 am
elvisnake
Just saw Wolverine. It was pretty good. Action was really fun, the story sucked, and I was truly pissed by what happened with Deadpool. Overall, I'd give it a solid B.
Has anyone seen the new Star Trek yet?

I was supposed to see it last night, but all my friends canceled on me. So we're probably going to see it some time today.  

Rodyn

stellarmagic

PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2009 8:01 am
I saw it...

It's good fun, but it ain't trek. It's like someone wanted star trek combat to look like star wars, turbolasers and all. The Viewscreen was no longer a screen but an actual window (I kid you not, with polarized glass no less). The Enterprise is only capable of warp 4, traveling at warp looks like traveling through star wars hyperspace. Did I mention engineering was apparently filmed on location... in an oil refinery. Pipes pipes everywhere and not console in sight. Why on earth does the Enterprise got so many steam pipes?

Nimoy was great (Like usual) but his younger self wasn't. Kirk was okay, and the others seemed to have occasional moments when they were on target.

However the one actor that did a slam duck was the guy playing bones, he got it perfect. "I'm a doctor, not a physicist!"

Did I mention that Vulcan got erased from existence, the bad guy is piloting a Reman-built Romulan crewed mining barge, and Sulu has a folding samurai sword.  
The Second Imperium

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4672 4673 4674 4675 4676 4677 ... 5665 5666 5667 5668 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games