Welcome to Gaia! ::

Galactic Empire: The Official Star Wars Guild

Back to Guilds

The Official Star Wars guild since it's creation nearly 8 years ago. Join the Empire, be part of the legacy. 

Tags: Star Wars, Official, Jedi, Sith, Empire 

Reply The Second Imperium
Mos Eisley Cantina Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4673 4674 4675 4676 4677 4678 ... 5665 5666 5667 5668 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Rodyn

PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2009 8:38 am
stellarmagic
I saw it...

It's good fun, but it ain't trek. It's like someone wanted star trek combat to look like star wars, turbolasers and all. The Viewscreen was no longer a screen but an actual window (I kid you not, with polarized glass no less). The Enterprise is only capable of warp 4, traveling at warp looks like traveling through star wars hyperspace. Did I mention engineering was apparently filmed on location... in an oil refinery. Pipes pipes everywhere and not console in sight. Why on earth does the Enterprise got so many steam pipes?

Nimoy was great (Like usual) but his younger self wasn't. Kirk was okay, and the others seemed to have occasional moments when they were on target.

However the one actor that did a slam duck was the guy playing bones, he got it perfect. "I'm a doctor, not a physicist!"

Did I mention that Vulcan got erased from existence, the bad guy is piloting a Reman-built Romulan crewed mining barge, and Sulu has a folding samurai sword.

Don't you mean Romulus was wiped from existence?  
PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2009 8:56 am
Both. The bad guy destroys Vulcan with a black hole, killing around 6 billion vulcans in the process. Spock accidentally destroyed Romulus in the future, apparently he failed in a mercy mission to prevent a star going nova which consumed Romulus (And Remus but they don't mention the Remans at all).  

stellarmagic

Missing00

Invisible Guildsman

9,100 Points
  • Guildmember 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Noob wrangler 100
PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2009 9:06 am
Sounds like they needed a Blue Lantern  
PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2009 10:40 am
Nelowulf

When making a character, it does help to know the universe in which it is set.

Seems like the makers of the New Treck didn't seem to take that trouble.  

Sol Walker
Crew

Sol Walker
Crew

PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2009 1:05 pm
"The only thing more piping hot than mom's homemade apple pie is the sting of my anti-lowlife terrorist mag popper. Wanna slice?"
Lolz  
PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2009 3:09 pm
cale, could you give me the links for the system and planet creator that you posted earley this week please and thankyou heart  

K-Blade

Sol Walker
Crew

PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2009 3:19 pm
Sure thing, babe. On the condition you post your Actions in Dawn of Defiance.

http://www.kolumbus.fi/antti.lusila/starwars/sysgen.html

http://www.rancorpit.com/planetGenerator.shtml  
PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2009 3:23 pm
thank you. I'll try but I'm not at my compy. I'm at my GMs house and he's looking at me. my other GM wanted to see what you had  

K-Blade

elvisnake

PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2009 3:31 pm
You're... seeing another gm? Nooooooo!!!  
PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2009 4:30 pm
Meh.
It happens.  

Sol Walker
Crew

Oni Warlord

PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2009 5:43 pm
I have to say, the new Trek movie was awesome. I went in half-expecting it to suck, but it surprised me that it was good. I know people say that "it isn't Trek." I would have to disagree. It was missing some elements that were in previous Treks, but that doesn't mean it's not Trek. I would dare to say that this was more Trek than ST5. eek

Besides that, I love the updates and the new look. Enterprise E is still my fav, but the new ship design takes a place in the top 3 for me. A lot is slick and clean, yet somethings are grungy and dirty. It's a good contrast and adds a bit of realism. On that note, I really appreciate how accurate everything was. This includes both the characters and science. That's rare now-a-days.

This Trek was a bit closer to Wars than in past, but that's okay. The new Trek has it's own unique style which worked much better than I thought it would.  
PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2009 6:02 pm
I'm still debating weither to shell out green for this movie or not.  

Sol Walker
Crew

Rodyn

PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2009 7:12 pm
Cale Darksun

You said before that you were interested in seeing it.  
PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2009 7:14 pm
Rodyn
Cale Darksun

You said before that you were interested in seeing it.

That was before I started reading reviews, watched a few previews, and looked at some promotional crap.  

Sol Walker
Crew

elvisnake

PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2009 7:16 pm
i'm probably gonna see it in the next few days. I'm willing to give it a chance.  
The Second Imperium

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4673 4674 4675 4676 4677 4678 ... 5665 5666 5667 5668 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games