Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Grammar Guild

Back to Guilds

The Gaian Grammar Guild is a refuge for the literate, a place for them to post and read posts without worrying about the nonsensical ones. 

Tags: grammar, literate, english, language 

Reply Gaian Grammar Guild
Salutations, Greetings and Introductions Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 45 46 47 48 49 50 ... 55 56 57 58 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Sexed Up Pikachu

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2007 11:32 pm
Hi.

I don't know what I'm suppose to say, but my name is Sherri and I’m currently 17 years old.

Although I find most so-called idiots to be amusing, I can't stand people who get the words "you're" and "your" wrong, so I might snap at the random person. Sorry in advance.

My grammar isn't perfect itself, but I try to type like I've passed grade school.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2007 11:36 pm
47teen
Zealot of Insanity

1st person RTS? I've never heard of that before. Could you give me an example?

The 1998 Activision remake of Battlezone is a prime example. It allowed command of units and buildings by means of a number-keys menu system.

Anyway, here I am, the 17-year-old geek of many trades, here to spread joy and grammatical wisdom. I hope I don't become too annoying in my enforcement of the latter. sweatdrop

That was an awesome entrance..
Hah.
Anyway.  

Organic Shadows

RukaMaron

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2007 11:40 pm
Hi! My name is Ruka and I am an eighteen year old female university student. I am literate which I think everyone should be by 18 =P. I hope I can have heaps of fun here biggrin  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2007 12:33 am
I just joined 3G today, and so far I'm relieved to see so many grammatically correct threads up and going around here. Thank gawd for this guild.. Gave me a break from the illiterates in VGD and F&S. stare  

Soujiroh Nishikado

Shikaeii

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2007 1:42 am
Hello there~ I am a Korean (Concluding that english is not my first language) who hates extreme 'txt tlk'. Although my friends use it, I try to guess what they are saying... and for some reason, I'm always right eek

Society should realise the importance of english. I find so many Gaians in the General Discussion/Chatterbox forums that can't spell! gonk

I am here to read about good books, and borrow/buy them if I am interested, and I am also here to improve on my grammar! (Although I should be studying my own language... my dad says I make heaps of spelling mistakes sweatdrop )

I also have a peculiar interest in anime/manga, since they are so.. fun to look at whee and always have interesting tales to tell.

I type Fanfiction, but I don't plan out my stories domokun  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2007 2:02 am
I'm 14, and although I don't really get into debates unless I'm strongly convicted towards a side of that topic, I have been known to argue for fun. Just so you know, I always think I'm right, that your point is wrong, and that I will agree to disagree if the topic beocmes boring. My typing isn't all that great but I try.

Anyway, rant's over, greeting's coming: Hello, all.  

Diamondeggplant

Bug Q Dlestra

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2007 8:55 pm
Diamondeggplant
Just so you know, I always think I'm right, that your point is wrong, and that I will agree to disagree if the topic beocmes boring.

Yeesh, you sound like me when I was your age, (...wait, that still is me.) As long as we steer clear of religion, politics, war, global warming, or programming, we should be fine. wink

I'm joking, of course. In reality, I enjoy a good debate, since I usually end up improving my understanding of the opposing viewpoint, even if I'm rarely convinced by it.

Oh, and hi, welcome, congrats on passing the entrance exam, etc. biggrin  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2007 5:13 am
Hello and thank u for accepting my application, Mousy. I'm looking forward to meeting and hearing what everyone have to say in the forum.
Until then...  

OneMightyTHOR

OneMightyTHOR

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2007 5:14 am
Oops, I've been remissed.... By the way, My name is Thor smile  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2007 12:45 am
Well, hello everyone. You may call me Kizsa. That's 'key-zah.' Only very close friends may call me Kikiz or Kiki. Otherwise I will answer to almost any variation of my user.

I love purple and kitties. Hello Kitty is the ultimate kitty. I'm usually talking a mile a minute, so it will help if you reread all my posts really fast. I'm usually close to hyperventilating when I get excited, although I am not asthmatic, and I dearly hope I spelled that right. I love being sarcastic, and I love writing my thoughts out. It is only when I do this that I figure out my mind.

My brain has a mind of its own, if you will. I apologize if that sentence had a missing apostrophe, but it looked weird with an apostrophe in there.
Anyway, I love Invader Zim, and I have just gotten into Anime two years ago. I have also just gotten into the Japanese language, of which I think is beautiful. I am currently learning songs in Japanese, and I have figured out how to pronounce most of the words because of this. If you have tips for me, then please, tell me.

I'm usually pretty nice, but I can be very cold and heartless if I have to. I don't think I'm very predictable, but I'm not sure. I also think things out often, and I sometimes have imaginary conversations with people. Like I said, my brain has a mind of its own, and I am dead serious about it.

The rest is kind of hard to explain, but once you get to talking with me, you'll come to understand all of the things I've said here that don't make sense now. One more thing: When explaining something, I'll often ask the person I'm explaining it to if everything makes sense so far. Sometimes I leave things out, because I think I've already said that certain thing.

I think this is enough chatter for one post, and if you want to find out more, I love random PMs!

-Kizsa

Kizsa

Audrienne

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2007 12:56 am
Hello and thank you for accepting me to the guild. My name is Audrienne. I look forward to meeting others.  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2007 2:10 am
Hey! My name is Waldo and I'm a literate thirteen year old.

My favorite authors are: J.D Salinger, George Orwell, Jane Austen, Emily Bronte, Charlotte Bronte and Christopher Moore.

As for my favorite books: Franny and Zooey, Pride and Prejudice, A dirty Job, Island of the Sequined Love Nun, Nine Stories, 1984 and Animal Farm

Wes Anderson, Stanley Kubrick and Cameron Crowe are my all time favorite directors, and my most loved movies are:

The Royal Tenenbaums (love, love, love this movie!) The Fountain, Million Dollar Baby, Little Miss Sunshine and Marie Antoinette.

I feel like I've made a fool of myself long enough.

Feel free to drop me a line sometime and chat. heart

Miss Opie

faye_seream

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2007 9:52 am
Hello! I'm Emily.
Pleased to meet you!
:]

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2007 8:09 pm
Hey, I'm Arisaema. I'm pretty much new to Gaia, but I saw this guild and I just HAD to join.

I fully oppose any text talk, and find the amount of people to lazy to type out their words disgusting. I TRY to maintain perfact grammar and spelling, but I've got VERY jittery fingers so I tend to have a lot of typos.

I like purple. No, scratch that, I LOVE purple.

I love to read and I read FAST. But that does not make me a 'skim reader'. I take it as a personal insult when people call me a skim reader. I read fast, yes, but I read in extreme detail.

I DO have a temper. A very explosive one. So I apologize in advance for any pissed off outburts which may occur in the near future.

I'm very passionate about my beliefs, so when I'm debating a point, I look very freaky. You know, the whole fists flying everywhere, eyebrows arched severely, right eye twitching, frothing at mouth, etcetera.

Okay, maybe no mouth froth. But the rest is all true.

That is quite a long post. I think i'll stop talking now.  

Arisaema7

Shygoddess

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2007 8:12 pm
Hello! I'm Shygoddess and I am happy to have joined! I am 14 years old, so I hope I can live up to standards. I am an avid reader and is interested in writing...(when I have a good idea of a story in my head). If you have read a book that you would like to recommend, tell me about it. I am currently looking for a good book to keep me occupied. 3nodding

Gaian Grammar Guild

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 45 46 47 48 49 50 ... 55 56 57 58 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games