Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry Roleplay Guild

Back to Guilds

A school of magic, based on J.K. Rowling's books. In need of Professors and Students! Join Now for the February - May year! 

Tags: Harry Potter, Hogwarts, Hogsmeade, J.K. Rowling, Roleplay 

Reply Great Hall
Staff Table Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 45 46 47 48 49 50 ... 74 75 76 77 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Ghost_Rios

Dangerous Husband

10,600 Points
  • Survivor 150
  • Battle: Rogue 100
  • Married 100
PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2012 5:14 pm
~John Filkins and Spirit~
~Advance Flying and Quidditch Ref~
~Former Gryffindor~

User ImageUser Image

John watched the man. He seemed off. Different in a way. He shrugged and looked at the food. Spirit grabbed some meat and began to eat it. John poured a goblet of water. He smoked like crazy, didn't need to drink. He grabbed the fork and knife and began to eat. It tasted good to eat the food. It had been too long since he had a good meal. Taking small drinks of his water.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2012 5:29 pm
Amata Harlowe
Professor of Mythology // Staff Table // Wearing
CURRENTLY WITH // The Staff
CURRENTLY FEELING // Shocked, concerned
CURRENTLY THINKING // 'She just... she just hired him! No interview or background check or anything! What if... what if he's dangerous?!'
═════════════════════════════════

User Image

Amata was leaning her head in her hand, her elbow propping it up on the table, not speaking, barely sipping at her drink, still in a rather sour mood. She didn't think she had any students... and without Regret around, how would she spend her time? She was rather depressed. The man had gone mad, almost killed two students... but she still missed him. He'd been so understanding, and so supportive of her, making her feel infinitely better about only having one student this term. Now she didn't think she had any, and there was no one there to comfort her. Had her lesson been offered while she was in school, she'd have jumped at the opportunity to take it. But, it seemed she was alone in that regard. She sighed, and then her attention was drawn to a strange man, entering the Great Hall. She listened to the exchange between him and the Headmistress, noting his smooth talking and her flirting. She shook her head lightly at the two of them, but then an alarm sounded in her mind. The Headmistress had just hired him on as a caretaker! There had been no interview, no background check, nothing to ensure that the man was suitable for children to be near. And there was something strange about him... she couldn't quite put her finger on it, but something about him was off. And the Headmistress had just hired him, on the spot. Amata barely bit back her concerns, not wanting to cause a scene. But... it was terribly unsafe for the Headmistress to do something so rashly. Amata wasn't one to question anyone's wisdom, but it seemed to her that, given what had happened with Regret last year, perhaps the should be a bit more careful with who was hired at the school? This man could be as bad as, if not worse than, her own ill-fated friend. She sighed, her brow furrowing in agitation. She rubbed her forehead gently, and bit her lip. This could be awful...

(( OOC: ))

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Loving Fortune Seeker 250
  • WilyTrickster 50

VixenViVi

Desirable Vampire

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2012 9:02 pm
User Image

Headmistress

ιηαяι εvεяηιgнт

мσσ∂ ---& {Thrilled}
<--- sтяιρ мε ηαкε∂

❝I'm just a bad girl, that's why we get along❞

❝Won't make excuses for anything I'm doing wrong❞

❝I'll pull the trigger in a flash❞

User Image

Inari gave a true small laugh, not an easy thing to get from her. She was quite happy to have him back, he was always a fun guy and it seems his new condition had made if possible more carefree."We'll I am all for having you back, though you know the rules still I trust. Only break the ones you know I don't care about." She joked, seeing as she'd had a trouble keeping by the book herself. Doing her job once more she called for one of the house elves. Once the little creature arrived she gave it some instructions."Hoggle, could you please get Mr. Terran's living quarters ready?" Hoggle nodded and blinked away. Returning to her companion, she took another drink of her goblet.

User Image

❝Watch out honey, step back❞

User ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser Image

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2012 9:36 pm
User Image
User Image

Jack laughed dryly, "Yes, I do remember. Some things never change," he attempted to take another bite, but found no pleasure in it. Instead, he added, "Don't kill the children is on there still, right?" Jack smiled cheekily.

It seemed like only yesterday that Jack Terran was a student wandering these very hallways. When he was first sorted as Hufflepuff. He sat in this very same room years ago. Then he found his first love: Alchemy. Even the word sent shivers down his spine. Every mixture, every compound was one step closer to the truth. To eternity. How ironic, he laughed to himself, that being an Alchemy professor had been the one step away from an eternal life. The phase right before the transformation. He came to Hogwarts as a professor of Alchemy and left. He returned with the secret of longevity, so to speak.

Boy, fate had a funny way of expressing itself.

"I can't help but feel welcome," Jack announced to his table mates and co-workers. He was not oblivious to them. Of course he noticed their wary glances and cold gazes. They did not phase him, however, "Amongst a table of strangers... the name's Jack. I used to teach here before. Well, before all of you," he smiled again, looking them each in the face. None of them were recognizable to him. All were strangers, with cold faces and colder hearts than his.

What did it take to get a warm welcome around here?

Jack looked at Inari and smirked. There was her.

Currently...
What I'm thinking: She's like I remember
What I'm doing: Eating and introducing myself
Who I'm with: Every student and professor
Where I am: Great Hall

Vampire Toy

Fashionable Pumpkin

9,375 Points
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • First step to fame 200
  • Partygoer 500

Utsuha Moon

Crew

Sparkly Lunatic

21,075 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Grunny Harvester 150
  • Object of Affection 150
PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2012 10:15 pm
User Image
Cinq Moreau
User Image
Ghoul and Ghost Studies Professor
Flying Instructor
Former Hufflepuff

╔════════════════════════════════════╗

That was all Cinq needed. Some reassurance. If he was previously a professor, it would make sense that he would be rehired without much trouble. Though a person can change a lot in a couple years. Well, if the headmistress trusted the guy, there was nothing really to worry about, was there?

"Welcome back to Hogwarts," Cinq greeted as he stretched out a hand for a handshake. "I'm Cinq Moreau."

Above them, the candles floated around, spreading its warmth and light throughout the Great Hall. The way the candles floated made them look as if it was their natural state of rest, though any person could tell magic had something to do with it. The way the liquid wax drizzled down the candle's side was in itself an art, indescribable like an illusion.

╚════════════════════════════════════╝

"You haven't seen a tree until you've seen its shadow from the sky."
~Amelia Earhart

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2012 7:16 am
User Image
Loretta Blake

Divination Professor

Ravenclaw
When Jack addressed everyone, Loretta finally looked up. She shook her head. She really must have not been paying attention to not notice him. "Have you ever..? No. Right. Of course not." The woman stood, outstretching her hand to him. "Loretta Blake. Divination Professor here at Hogwarts... Graduated with honors. Majored in Divination... minored in Vampiric Studies..." She hoped that Jack would realize she wasn't just tooting her own horn, but she had to slip in that she understood without letting others know. Obviously the only other person who might know was the Headmistress, from her smirk on her face.

After they would shake hands, she would say: "Please know that you are most welcome here." Loretta gave him a shy smile, reaching up to tuck a bit of hair behind her ear. "If you are in need of anything, please let me know. i'll be sure to find a way to help you."

The whole time, Loretta was blushing slightly, her gaze slightly lowered. She had never felt so... shy. Damn.

"Oh, and careful. Some of the food here contains allergens... My sister and niece have a garlic allergy. i just saw her choke on the green beans." Loretta giggle a bit, a small smile forming on her face as she sat down.

Currently: Meeting Jack in the Great Hall. Outfit:Teacher's ClothesAccent:Very Welsh. Thoughts: i just met a real Vampire! Outside of class!

little_kitten52

Professor Tahiri

Liberal Lunatic

8,700 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Forum Junior 100
PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2012 11:35 am
User Image
Eldak Athlis
Defense Against the Dark Arts

▷I just can't help myself... I am this good looking.◁

The Defense Against the Dark Arts Professor had been watching a ghost from the school's past as he entered the room. He immediately recognized the signs that this man had become a vampire and he was shocked that the Headmistress, a brilliant woman, was allowing him the post of Groundskeeper. When the man joined them at the table, Eldak continued to study him. "Jack Terran. I'm surprised you don't recognize me," he said, a bit of contempt in his voice. "After all, I've been teaching Defense since before you came the first time." His tone carried a reminder that Eldak knew exactly what Jack had become and that he knew exactly how to deal with them. He caught sight of Professor Nott and how uncomfortable he looked.

Out Of Character: ...

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2012 8:22 pm
User Image
User Image

Jack shook Cinq's hand firmly, sure that the freezing hands were going to be a complaint, "Pleasure. Sorry about the cold hands... bad circulation and all," he winked at Inari, hoping she would catch on to his inside jokes.

Then another hand came forward. This one from a lovely lady named, Loretta. He shook her hand and kissed the back of it, as he always did with women, "A pleasure," Jack smiled before adding, "I wouldn't offer yourself up that easily, dear. I might take you up on that offer," he winked at her this time. Strike's signature move was tilting the head as Jack's was to winking.

When a man spoke up, the voice sounded familiar to Jack. The vampire leaned forward in his seat and squinted his eyes to look down the table. He had not been blessed with Strike's over-perfect vision. The face was familiar, too, he noted, but the name came slowly to the surface, "Hang on a minute," Jack clicked his tongue. Was it Eric? Edison? Something with an E... Jack's brain clicked, "Eldak?" he smiled, sure that the name was correct, "It has been ages! Sorry I didn't recognize you at first, mate! The years will do that to a man..." he sighed.

Currently...
What I'm thinking: Nice to meet you... and you...
What I'm doing: Introducing myself

Vampire Toy

Fashionable Pumpkin

9,375 Points
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • First step to fame 200
  • Partygoer 500

Ghost_Rios

Dangerous Husband

10,600 Points
  • Survivor 150
  • Battle: Rogue 100
  • Married 100
PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2012 8:46 pm
~John Filkins and Spirit~
~Advance Flying and Quidditch Ref~
~Former Gryffindor~

User ImageUser Image

Spirit flew around Jack then returned. "Filkins. Ross Filkins. The new advance flying and quidditch referee." He didn't know him but it seemed right to introduce himself. Spirit screeched. "Oh... that's Spirit. My falcon. I don't remember you well." He rubbed his head. Having a hard time remembering he gave up. At least he introduced himself. Akira remembered him and he her. But others not so much. He continued to eat slow. Balancing the knife where his missing finger was.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2012 9:27 pm
User Image
Cinq Moreau
User Image
Ghoul and Ghost Studies Professor
Flying Instructor
Former Hufflepuff

╔════════════════════════════════════╗

The cold from Jack's hand prickled Cinq's skin, almost as if attempting to steal his warmth by force. This man must've had some really bad circulation, Cinq believed. The cool hands seemed unnatural, but then again, what was considered "natural" in the world of magic? The professor simply nodded. "You should go see a healer for a solution," he lamely blurted out.

The flowery and even flirtatious interaction between the headmistress and the new caretaker showed that the two had a history that allowed such casual conversation. Cinq probably already went over this in his head, though perhaps his thoughts on the man would change after the introduction.

Cinq coughed once, the scent of the smelly roasted meat seemed to suffocate him.

╚════════════════════════════════════╝

"You haven't seen a tree until you've seen its shadow from the sky."
~Amelia Earhart

Utsuha Moon

Crew

Sparkly Lunatic

21,075 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Grunny Harvester 150
  • Object of Affection 150

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Loving Fortune Seeker 250
  • WilyTrickster 50
PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2012 10:17 pm
Amata Harlowe
Professor of Mythology // Staff Table // Wearing
CURRENTLY WITH // The Staff
CURRENTLY FEELING // Shocked, concerned
CURRENTLY THINKING // 'I suppose it must be fine... although something is off about him...'

User Image

Amata was somewhat comforted by the man's announcement that he had worked here before, but only just. She sighed. It wasn't fair to him, or anyone, really, for her to assume that he was some tragedy waiting to happen. She offered the man a nod, being to far away to offer her hand. "Pardon my... distance, Mr. Terran." Amata might not have recognized the nature of his peculiarity, but she had noticed a slight catch when he's noted how 'welcome' he felt. She was certain he'd noted the looks he'd gotten, most detached, but her own, and a couple of others, rather concerned. And she was never one to keep things to herself. She was a Gryffindor, after all, and she did believe that it was best to put everything on the table. Blunt and honest. "I'm afraid there was a... tragedy, at the end of last term, and I'm afraid the source was a member of the faculty, and one I was rather close to. I'm still a bit rattled. The Headmistresses on the spot hiring of you caught me rather off guard. I do apologize." It was the first time the willowy blonde had spoken all night, the first time she'd opened up. She made a note to herself that this depression and self pity would simply have to stop. It was out of character for her, and she didn't like it. Nor did she care for how mistrusting she'd become. She sighed a bit, taking a sip of her pumpkin juice. She would simply have to get over what had happened.

(( OOC: ))

PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2012 12:03 pm
User Image
What's it's like, to be me I'll be you.
Just to see what it'd be like to feel your pain, you feel mine.
Go inside each others mind.
Just to see what we find.

~Rebecca Rene Ayano~
Single ~ Former Ravenclaw ~ Astronomy 4 - 7 Teacher ~ Halfboold ~ Beauitiful

Becky looked over at the new Grounds Keeper, and when he addressed himself to everyone. She smiled kindly at him. She didn't look at him or say anything till now. "I'm Rebecca Ayano." She said softly, and smiled. She looked kind. She didn't do anything else but sit there. Shadow was on her shoulder and was looking at him with her big yellow eyes, Becky looked at shadow and then looked at Jack. "Oh, and this is Shadow." She said and smiled still. Shadow lightly bowed her head, and stayed on her Mistresses shoulder.

[[OOC: ]]

Look at s**t threw each other's eyes.
But don't let them say you ain't beautiful, oh.
They can all get f**ked, just stay true to you so,
Don't let 'em say you ain't beautiful.

KKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK

User Image

~Shadow, Rebecca's cat~

MixBreedBecky

Friendly Citizen

6,550 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Market Browser 100

Vampire Toy

Fashionable Pumpkin

9,375 Points
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • First step to fame 200
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2012 4:15 pm
User Image
User Image

"A pleasure to meet you, Filkins," Jack nodded, then quickly added, "Oh, I haven't been around Hogwarts for some time now... I doubt many would know my name," the chipper tone in his voice faded slightly near the end.

Jack shrugged as a woman spoke up, telling him and the table about an event that Jack hadn't been around to witness, "No harm done. I'm sorry for your loss," it was brisk, and Jack was a little taken aback by how casually he seemed to view death at that moment. It was sort of off-putting, even for him. But what was he supposed to say when he would never know death like that again? He could die, but the chances were slimmed down so much, that Strike had lived two-hundred-plus years, at least. What was death to a vampire?

Pulling himself from these thoughts, he nodded at the next professor to introduce themselves, "Rebecca? A pleasure," Jack smiled again.

Currently...
What I'm thinking: Nice to meet you... and you...
What I'm doing: Introducing myself

PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2012 8:17 pm
User Image
What's it's like, to be me I'll be you.
Just to see what it'd be like to feel your pain, you feel mine.
Go inside each others mind.
Just to see what we find.

~Rebecca Rene Ayano~
Single ~ Former Ravenclaw ~ Astronomy 4 - 7 Teacher ~ Halfboold ~ Beauitiful

Becky smiled back at him. "If you like, you can call me Becky. It's a pleasure to meet you." She said, she didn't seem to mind on what he was, or maybe she didn't know, or maybe she didn't care, and just want to know him for who he is and not what he was.

[[OOC: ]]

Look at s**t threw each other's eyes.
But don't let them say you ain't beautiful, oh.
They can all get f**ked, just stay true to you so,
Don't let 'em say you ain't beautiful.

KKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK

User Image

~Shadow, Rebecca's cat~

MixBreedBecky

Friendly Citizen

6,550 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Market Browser 100

little_kitten52

PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2012 9:00 pm
User Image
Loretta Blake

Divination Professor

Ravenclaw
At Jack's comment, Loretta hurried to clarify: "I - I wasn't!" but he had already moved on to introduce himself to others by then. Stupid. Stupid! She shook her head. She had simply offered to help, not offered up herself. Stupid. She sighed. Well, she was finished, and the Prefects were starting to lead away the first years and other students.

"If you would... please... excuse me..." Loretta said quietly, looking down. She gathered up her books and made to exit. "Jack - If you should care to talk at all, please let me know. I shall be up rather late reading..." She didn't know, or really care (she thought), if the comment fell on deaf ears. She made her way out of the side door and started toward the Ravenclaw tower, where she made her home.

Currently: Leaving the Great Hall. Outfit:Teacher's ClothesAccent:Very Welsh. Thoughts: Wow. That went... terrible.

Great Hall

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 45 46 47 48 49 50 ... 74 75 76 77 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games