Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry Roleplay Guild

Back to Guilds

A school of magic, based on J.K. Rowling's books. In need of Professors and Students! Join Now for the February - May year! 

Tags: Harry Potter, Hogwarts, Hogsmeade, J.K. Rowling, Roleplay 

Reply The Forbidden Forest, the Lake, and Surrounding Area
The Black Lake Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 45 46 47 48 49 50 ... 174 175 176 177 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Pale Mist

PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2011 12:21 am

User Image
first year - unsorted
▬▬ ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ▬▬▬▬▬▬ ▬▬

allen w. rhoddes

muggle born - wizard raised

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
“To achieve great things, two things are needed: a plan, and not quite enough time.”
– Leonard Bernstein
“Now, somehow, in some new way, the sky seemed almost alien.”
– Lyndon B. Johnson

¦¦
If Allen was excited that they were moving, Bea was ecstatic. She nearly dragged him down to the dark, immense lake, his feet tripping over themselves as she ran.
Allen laughed at her energy, glad to see he was not the only one in fits of enthusiasm. He quickly caught a glance of the expanse of lake they would momentarily venture across. On the edge of the horizon when the color bleached sky touched the dark mirror of water, he saw what he could only guess to be the school. The light from it shone across the water, making it look as though it was sitting on a cloud of light.
He was pushed into a boat and took a seat down at the front. They were not very big, but they would fit enough people and there were enough of them, that the large group of first years would easily fit.

He smiled up at Bea, "God, I can't wait to step inside. I am really excited to see how they are sorting. My guardian wouldn't say anything." He added with a pout.

He again took his hand from his pocket and reached over the edge of the boat, grazing the water with his fingers. It was quite cold. He was glad he didn't have to swim it.
¦¦
PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2011 12:26 am

EMRYS VICT

----------§----------

----------§----------

The dreams in which I'm dying are the best I've ever had.

----------§----------

----------§----------

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Emrys sat very still in the boat, making sure he didn't do anything to upset the water they were floating on. Feeling the boat.shift regardless, he opened his green eyes and watched as a girl was climbing into the boat. 'It's the vomit girl. ... I really hope she doesn't vomit.' He thought to himself, feeling a breeze blowing and the boat bucking on a wave. He looked up just in time to see the girl coming straight toward him. With very little time, Emrys dropped his journal and held his arms out, hoping to brace her fall and reduce the damage done to either one of them.

"Are you okay?" He asked shyly, helping her to a seated position on the boat next to him. With a soft, inaudible sigh, he leant over to pick his journal and found it was in a puddle of waterat the bottom of the boat. "Oh no!" He groaned, picking up the wet book and watching as water dripped from the leather spine. He placed the book in his lap and wiped at it with his sleeve, hoping to dry it off the best he could. With a huff, he bit his lower lip and cleared his throat before looking back up at the girl.

{~~~~~~~~FIRST YEAR~~~~~~~~} {~~~~~~~~UNSORTED~~~~~~~~}

User Image

SilentlyVicious

NarwhalTears

3,900 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Voter 100
PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2011 1:23 am

User Image

User Image

Caught by the boy who had flung his journal to help save her, Echo pulled herself into a sitting position on the bench next to him. "Oh Merlin, I'm so sorry!" she exclaimed, a blush rising in her cheeks as embarrassment replaced the excitement she had been feeling at the prospect of being sorted. Of course it probably wasn't very apparent in the dim lighting of the lanterns in the boat.

Using the bench to steady herself and regain her orientation, Echo realized what her fall had cost the boy. Eyes wide she met his stare, and her face fell into a sad frown. "I'm so sorry about your journal," she started and then paused. Suddenly, her face lit up and she smiled. "I know!" she turned to the groundskeeper. "Uh, ma'am. Could you do us a favor and use a Hot-air charm to dry off ...uh... his journal there," she turned back to the boy. "Sorry, I don't think I ever caught your name..."

User Image
PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2011 2:06 am

EMRYS VICT

----------§----------

----------§----------

The dreams in which I'm dying are the best I've ever had.

----------§----------

----------§----------

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Emrys smiled best he could and gave his journal a few rough shakes, the last of the water flinging off. Shaking his head, he looked at both the girl and the teacher. "There's no need to worry. I made sure it was made with a water resilient cover and the pages won't stay wet for long. I've been known to be a clutz, so this is nothing compared to my antics." He said with a nervous chuckle as he placed the journal in his lap, crossing his arms over it.

Clearing his throat, he stretched out his hand towards the girl.
"I'm Emrys. Emrys Vict." He introduced shyly. "And you?"

{~~~~~~~~FIRST YEAR~~~~~~~~} {~~~~~~~~UNSORTED~~~~~~~~}

User Image

SilentlyVicious

IssieBee

PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2011 3:49 am

█ ▌▐█ ▌ ▐ █ ▌ ▐██ ▌ ▐ ▌ ▐xвεαtяιcε вяαη∂ση ▐x▐ ▌▐██ ▌ ▐ █ ▌ █ ▌▐█ ▌

ƒιяѕт уєαя-υηѕσятє

User Image

Bea saw Allen dip his fingers into the water, and retracted them quickly.

"The water can't be that cold," scoffed Bea, she rolled up the sleeves of her robes and grinned madly.

"10 sickles says that I can jump in there, and stay there for 20 seconds." she said, already taking of her robes, socks and shoes so that she was just in her crisp white shirt and grey skirt.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2011 5:43 am

II The Kitsune II

User ImageUser Image

Because hairdye is just that
COOL.

unsorted first year

~

Mallow waited for Rowen to get in the boat, then carefully plopped herself down all the way. The boat seemed really flat, and Mallow hoped it'd be a smooth ride. "Yeah, I have once. But my family decided to stay off them for a while because I almost fell over board trying to look at a seagull below deck. But I think the main reason is my mum is scared of sharks, even though we never saw one that trip. Apparently, they might 'come steal her while nobody's looking.' " Mallow replied, giggling a little.

Mallow's gaze automatically shifted up to Hogwarts in the distance, and her heart stopped a beat.
"Woah! It's really pretty! And not to mention big!" She gasped, in total awe about the entire thing. Last night, instead of going straight to bed, she imagined many, many, many appearances of Hogwarts Castle, but they had never gotten this grand. And it had already been confirmed that this was definitely not a prank, because the castle had to be real, and how many parents could play the same trick on their children?

The anticipation was really building up, and Mallow knew it was not just on her boat. Looking at the other boats, all the other first years seemed to be wanting to jump out of the boats, and in fact one had taken off all her clothing except for a skirt and pants, which left Mallow with a raised eyebrow. She shook it off and looked towards the castle again.

(: (: (:

): ): ):

Spongy Filling

Pale Mist

PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2011 10:38 am

User Image
first year - unsorted

allen w. rhoddes

muggle born - wizard raised

“To achieve great things, two things are needed: a plan, and not quite enough time.”
– Leonard Bernstein
“Now, somehow, in some new way, the sky seemed almost alien.”
– Lyndon B. Johnson

¦¦
His dark eyes stared at her and his jaw went a little slack. "You want to hop in?" He looked down at the water and back at Bea and laughed. Recovering his normal jeering self he winked and nodded, stretching out a hand as she pulled off her right sock. "It's a gamble! Though, only if I get to push you in."
He grinned at her again.

If any thought of rule breaking, getting in trouble, even catching a cold passed their minds, their mischievous faces didn't show it.
¦¦
PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2011 11:29 am

User Image

User Image"Hello, Rayne," Stanley said with a Cheshire grin, glad to have his friend back with him. After a moment, he nodded as his grin faded into a more socially acceptable smile.

"Euphrosyne it is, then." Stanley motioned at the cat for emphasis, and tickled behind her ears. He liked the name. And he liked his grandmother. Point of fact, she was the nicest person in his mother's side of the family. But, like everybody in his maternal ancestry, she was also quite prickly and temperamental. Like the siamese.

User Image

Antechrista

Dapper Gawker

Porcelaine Ivory

PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2011 12:18 pm

User Image
яεġrετ┃ηστнιηġ ♦ ғεαя┃ησ σηε ♦ ταkε prιdε ιη┃εvεяyτнιηġ
User Image
Colton shifted his weight a bit, but carefully enough to avoid making any movement of the boat in the water. He carefully considered everything that Ronyo had depicted about each of the Hogwarts Houses, and when it came down to it, their points of view were extremely similar. However, what the boy had said of Hufflepuff actually surprised him a bit. He was loyal...he was hard-working...yet he had always laughed at the thought of being put in Hufflepuff. Likely because he hadn't known anyone ever placed in that house...the fluffy-hearted goody-two-shoes must just be the typical stereotype they had been given, but for some reason, Colton just couldn't see himself there, still.

For a long, silent moment, Colt tried to imagine what house his father would have been placed in if he were not a muggle. Gryffindor, no doubt. He answered his own question mentally, picturing him alongside his mother, clad in the scarlet and gold uniform and sporting a long, wooden wand. It was a lovely picture, but he couldn't ask any more of his dad. He had earned his rank in life, he wasn't just handed an easy way out like Colton had. That was probably the main reason that he felt the need to prove himself, to prove that he didn't need magic, but that it was unavoidably a part of him.

Reminding himself that he was still sitting on top of the Black Lake, Colton turned back towards the others, his eyes reaching towards Phi, first. He watched as she held the book in her hands, though her attention was more focused on the marvels surrounding them. Ravenclaw, huh? He considered, taking in the bright red of her hair, once again. She would likely make a good fit, though she seemed to be another that would make the most of wherever she was placed...a helpful characteristic, to say the least.

Watching her take in the beauty of the castle, he decided to rope her back into the conversation.
"Magnificent, isn't it?" His words flowed like icy water rolling over the edge of a cliff, calm and collective. He kept his eyes locked firmly on hers, in the event that she was unsure of who he was talking to. "The architecture alone is groundbreaking. I've only seen pictures, but needless to say they were quite realistic." Colton smirked a bit at his underlying joke. How much more realistic can you get, as opposed to a moving picture? One of the many things he appreciated most about the wizarding world.

User Image
User Image
PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2011 1:09 pm

phinelia von ichval
User Image
User Image
User Image
first year - unsorted

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ▬▬▬▬▬▬ ▬▬
“In the country of the blind, the one-eyed man is king.”
– Desiderius Erasmus
“The haft of the arrow had been feathered with one of the eagle’s own plumes. We often give our enemies the means of our own destruction.”
– Aesop
“There is only one good, knowledge, and one evil, ignorance.”
– Socrates
“If the brain were so simple we could understand it, we would be so simple we couldn’t.”
– Lyall Watson

╔══════════════════╗

Her mind was beginning to lose any thought about the book gripped in her pale hands. It wandered, not quite seeing the beauty of the castle and the lake and the grounds. She was imagining, as she had so many times before during late nights and days were she couldn't stop thinking - in her mind she was picturing her real parents. Though she had absolutely no pictures or information to go by other than her own reflection, she often did this. Playing at morphing their features and habits. Creating little quirks and making them about as close as she ever felt she could get. She tried to make them unique, a part of her, but each time something came through; an eye color or a nose size, that reflected her adoptive mother and father.
She regarded the Muggles as her true family and her letter from Hogwarts had not changed that. But this was a game. It was just harmless fun.

Just as Phi created a dark haired father figure with sharp, ebony eyes and a broken nose - clothed in the Gryffindor colors standing on the top of the tower Phi could just make out as she stared at the castle, something interrupted her. She blinked and let go of her book slightly in surprise. She looked back at the members of the boat's group and realized it was Colton's strong voice.
He had noticed her gazing at the awe-striking picture before them. She greeted his attempt at a renewed conversation with another small smile. (She seemed to be giving him many of those) She turned back and gave the castle a deep look. Her eyes grazing over any detail she could make out form the distance and the little lighting.
"Hogwarts castle. For over one thousand years in age, it is definitely ground breaking." She looked back at him into his sharp eyes. She assumed he was speaking of wizard photography; which moved in its black and white frame. She could see that Colton had a fondness of it as he mentioned it. Phi shared it. It was one of the most entertaining and interesting things she had found in her short dive into the wizarding world.

"The castle, the lake, the grounds. All praised as beautiful." She turned her head back onto the picturesque vision. "I would be lying if I said I am not eager to see it all."

╚══════════════════╝

Pale Mist

Porcelaine Ivory

PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2011 1:36 pm

User Image
яεġrετ┃ηστнιηġ ♦ ғεαя┃ησ σηε ♦ ταkε prιdε ιη┃εvεяyτнιηġ
User Image
Colton considered what the girl said, but it was hard to focus on anything but her gentle voice. He had noticed that most of the girls back home acted much different from this one. They would speak of nothing but themselves - their lives, their hobbies, their loves - including him, and he assumed this to be the reason why his interest in females had never reached its full potential. Phi, however, was the perfect example of a down-to-earth lady, more willing to talk about the other important things in life, if at all. He liked her silence, it gave him room to imagine what was going on inside what seemed to be a complicated mind.

Slowly nodding his head, Colton had to agree with her. Though he did his best to keep people from reading him like a book, quite like he could often do to them, he couldn't help but admit how much he was looking forward to the workings of the elaborate castle that his mother could go on about for hours at a time. Growing up in a melancholy house, a melancholy town, with his melancholy life, it was no reason his world revolved around his muggle father, of all things. Regrets came often, but just as he had been taught, he would slugglishly shrug them off and do his best to avoid them. He was proud of what he had, but that didn't stop him from wanting more. And the shadow of a castle that stood at new heights before him was certainly more.
"Eager is an understatement." He whispered under his breath, beginning to count down the minutes until the small boats would take leave.

User Image
User Image
PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2011 1:54 pm

phinelia von ichval
User Image
User Image
User Image
first year - unsorted

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ▬▬▬▬▬▬ ▬▬
“In the country of the blind, the one-eyed man is king.”
– Desiderius Erasmus
“The haft of the arrow had been feathered with one of the eagle’s own plumes. We often give our enemies the means of our own destruction.”
– Aesop
“There is only one good, knowledge, and one evil, ignorance.”
– Socrates
“If the brain were so simple we could understand it, we would be so simple we couldn’t.”
– Lyall Watson

╔══════════════════╗

She watched little flickers of thoughts as they passed his grey eyes like a clouded window. Phi could not read them openly, she only caught the small details. The emotion, the underlying tone. Only glimpses and then the mist was gone and the mystery remained.
Momentary, she realized that that was what had intrigued her about the boy. He stood out, not only in his severe masculinity, but in his mystery. His air of determination and unwillingness to be understood with ease. He wanted people to go through his obstacle course before revealing himself to them. She had seen that from that first brilliant smile he had gifted her with.
Phi disliked simplicity. It was a dull; a routine. A puzzle was much more worth the time and Phi was genuinely glad she had Colton sitting across form her. Attending Hogwarts with her. Just as she was glad Jane saw next to her. She could never have honestly said she had ever belonged to a group of friends. She understood her silence and ease with books was little understood with most children of her age, but she hoped Colton and Jane would be a first to count her amongst their friends.

Phi smiled brighter still at the stern-looking boy, hearing his whispered words. She did not acknowledge them other than nodded very slightly and looking out onto the water with him again.

" 'Most of us can, as we choose, make of this world either a palace or a prison.' " she quoted, mumbling into the slight breeze that had lifted - thinking again of the astounding unfathomablity of the world she now found herself in.

╚══════════════════╝

Pale Mist

Ronyo Storm

Werewolf

8,900 Points
  • Guildmember 100
  • Survivor 150
  • Autobiographer 200
PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2011 2:42 pm

Black Lake/ First Year Boats
Ronyo Storm - Unsorted
First Year

Listening to Colton and Phi talk about the magnificent castle that lay just before them had Ronyo thinking. During his days with his mother just before he had received his letter she had begun showing him poetry and the way to express deep emotions with a melody and rhyme. He was shown both muggle and wizard works alike and oddly enough he found that muggles for some reason seemed to be able to speak of magic almost better than those who knew its true existence. Ronyo had thought part of that might be due to the idea that muggles believed magic to not exist at all, and therefore there words seemed to try and bring something they felt could not be into some small measure of reality, if only for a time.

Looking at the legendary castle of Hogwarts Ronyo found he also had the same feelings of the spectacle as Colton and Phi but there did seem to be a lack of scaling words to express the wonder they talked about. One could go on for days just saying the castle was grand and wonderful but likely never quiet capture the full idea. With that Ronyo smirked as something appropriate came to mind.

"Our castle stands atop the hills
And offers strength of spirit
Place your hand little one unto mine
And I shall lead you to it.
The family castle is now your home
The stones grow ever stronger
For the castle's built on love and hope
Alone you are no longer.

Behind these walls that rise up high
Lies a garden lush and green
It's offerings bountiful as the sea
And beauty yet unseen," Ronyo straighten himself up a bit as he got a better look at the castle,

"Drink the waters that beckon you near
They'll fill your heart with hope
Feast on the knowledge offered here
For that will help you cope.

Our fires will fill your soul with warmth
To cast off the chill outside
Yet stay not here within these walls
They were not built to hide.

Swing wide the gates so you can see
The world lie at your feet
For without what hides beyond
The castle's incomplete, " Ronyo looked at each of the students in the boat as he spoke hoping they would enjoy it,

"Mount our stallion strong and true
For he shall be your guide
His legs have carried those of us
Who've ventured far outside.

Fear not what you do not yet know
Lead on and find your star
Fill your pack with experience
That you shall gain afar.

The good times will outnumber bad
Though sometimes you shall fall
It's at that time that you should seek
The strength of the castle wall, "Ronyo stood carefully in the boat then as he looked far off at the illustrious Hogwarts walls and smiled,

"For no matter the path you choose to take
No matter the strength of tides
You need only look inside your heart
For that's where the castle resides, " With the end of the poem Ronyo chuckled a bit at his silliness and sat back down with the other, Ronyo hoped they would be casting off soon for he wanted to see if his words appropriately matched the real thing.  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2011 2:42 pm

User Image

User Image

Echo giggled as some of the water from Emrys's journal hit her in the face. Relieved she hadn't done any permanent damage to his journal, she did a self-evaluation. Shrugging she concluded that the trip would only result in a few scratches and a bruise on her knee. Smiling up at him she replied, " Hello there Emrys, my name is Echo. It's good to meet you." She stuck her right hand out to shake his. "Sorry for the whole...vomiting comment earlier." She blushed slightly again and shrugged. "It probably wasn't the best of first impressions."

Feeling kind of awkward, she looked out over the choppy water of the lake and imagined what kind of creatures could be lurking just below the surface. Merpeople,grindylows, and...who knows what else. She had heard some stories of a large squid thing as well. Lost in her own thoughts, she bit nervously at her bottom lip.

User Image

NarwhalTears

3,900 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Voter 100

Odin Moon

Liberal Nerd

8,800 Points
  • Nerd 50
  • Senpai's Notice 100
  • Battle: Rogue 100
PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2011 2:50 pm

User Image

Drake sat a couple of boats away from the girl prepering to jump then snaped his fingers. "Oh, what would you doooo for a Kawandik Bar. " he sang slightly rocking his boat laughing as the boy who sat on him was splashed with the merky water.

"Hay any muggle born kids have a Kawandik Bar with them?" Drake said, then slapped himself realizing how stupid that sounded. He heaved out a long sigh and pouted hoping for one at the feast.
The Forbidden Forest, the Lake, and Surrounding Area

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 45 46 47 48 49 50 ... 174 175 176 177 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games