Welcome to Gaia! ::

Love's Orchard {Open/Accepting}

Back to Guilds

Find the love of your life through the taste of fruit~. 

Tags: Romance, Slice of Life, Soulmate, Literate, Roleplay 

Reply ☼ Pasadena Housing District
1201: Bree Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Yummy Galaxxy

Captain

Divine Seeker

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2016 11:45 pm
MasterDenton

User ImageUser Image

⊙〖OOC: -- Today's Outfit: Dressed By Tyrese.Feeling: Slightly Absent; Drowsy; Overthinking.Money: $1355.50〗⊙

( ♬ But I think my mistakes became the chemistry for my miracles... • )

The distraction passed and she was steered clear of the shards she delicately danced around. With a faint laugh she plunged her palms against her closed eyes, dragging the smudged eyeliner along with her until she was sure that it was possibly gone, along with the tears, over the corners of her eyes. "Five years and you're still such a damn cheese ball..." She huffed quietly, resting her head back against the oak colored headboard. Now that he had returned into her life by sudden appearance, she couldn't help but feel that high school had only been a few weeks ago. Already she was recalling the quiet giggles in the library, the conversations with Darius, the occasional joking flirts tossed back and forth; though his body did wander over her mind every once in a while. She pushed her fingertips back through her disheveled brown locks before finally plopping the backs of her hands down against her thigh. She quieted as he began his story, each new enlightenment filling her eyes with wonder until they sparkled and dazzled like gems upon him. It had taken up some time as she occasionally switched onto her side to caress her head onto a pillow. Never once, though, did she tear her gaze away from him, her arms raveling around her pillow and keeping it close to herself like a parent telling a child a bed time story. At the end of that, she snorted softly. "I suppose we could... Assuming you're paying." The pause hadn't meant to reveal a joke. If anything, she held her tongue back over the small amount of weight lumping around her waist and stomach - of which the comforter and her sweater remained hidden.

Her smile softened towards the same thin line as before and she flickered her eyes over to the window, then back over to him. "I thought she would have told you by the time she got to me... I could have sworn I asked her to tell you." She ran her tongue over the roof of her mouth. To be honest, she had figured his sister had at least informed him of finding Bree and becoming relatively close to her despite their age. However, she had left Calico City with Finn before she could see the blunette graduate up on the stage. "A few weeks after graduation..." She stepped over the subject carefully. The last thing she wanted to do was make it sound as if she hadn't cared enough for Max to not give him any sort of option of seeing her again. "I got back home to California, only for the school to call." She moved on, waving her hand as the story progressed of how she hooked the job as the Chemistry teacher the year right afterwards as well as how her school would end up giving her the lab credits to make it possible. "If I had known I would have at least told you." She spoke softly. "But it surprises me that Camille didn't let you know ahead of time." Surely there hadn't been the slightest chance that she hadn't let her brother know. "I taught for a few years before I picked up and left here, I suppose." Again she would have to balance away from further subjects.

( • ... And I think that my tests became my testimonies. ♬ )

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2016 6:47 pm
oOBookwormYumiOo
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
━━━⊱ MAXWELL SULLIVAN ⊰━━━
▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
▀▄▀▄▀

Ⓞoc: "" Ⓦealth: "$1000" Ⓕeeling: "Surprisingly warm"

Max shook his head and let out one last sniffle. "Hey, you started it!" he chuckled out, puffing out his chest to appear more manly. A small "Not a cheeseball..." escaped his lips with a huff, which quickly wore off as he smiled back at the brunette. At her next remark, he scoffed at the idea of him paying for any other sort of trip or expedition. Sure, he had the time of his life, but holy crap, it was expensive. Except for a little bit of savings and whatever value his house held, he was flat broke. Hell, probably even worse than flat broke. "Pssh, yeah, right, Ms. Moneybags McBigHouse. I don't have that kind of money."

On the topic of Camille, he let out a bit of an exasperated sigh, rolling his eyes before clapping his hands to his knees out of frustration. "Yeah, I kinda wish she had told me about that... He seemed rather annoyed with his little sister at this point, which is understandable because she purposely kept the fact that his best friend was in contact with her away from him. Why she did this, he didn't quite know, but he had a bit of an idea. "But I suppose this is par for the course when it comes to Camille. I love her to death, but... She has a tendency to keep things secret when she has an agenda. Which begs the question... He looked around the room, shifty-eyed and all, then got up, crept over to Bree, crouched down so his lips were nearly kissing her ear, and then whispered in a somewhat harsh tone "What did she tell you..?" He sincerely hoped she hadn't spilled the beans about his letters, about how he'd go off on page-long tangents about the time he spent with Bree in her dorm and in Calico.

MasterDenton

Yummy Galaxxy

Captain

Divine Seeker

PostPosted: Sat May 21, 2016 2:04 pm
MasterDenton

User ImageUser Image

⊙〖OOC: -- Today's Outfit: Dressed By Tyrese.Feeling: Slightly Absent; Drowsy; Overthinking.Money: $1355.50〗⊙

Ms Moneybags. She had to softly snort at that one. She ran her fingertips over the crest of the covers, now rolled onto her left side with her hand keeping her head up. Her cheek gently pushed inwards and she eyed him with a faint smile beginning to form on her lips again. The smile widened the closer he got, his crystal eyes shifting as if he were looking for Camille herself to pop out from behind the bathroom wall, planning to scare him at the very mention. Finally she laughed. Rarely had she done so without Tyrese's presence near her. She missed him already. "Well." She turned her head away to cough quietly into her hand and relax, settling her hand over her chest. "I have to say, Maxwell. You had quite the fondness of me." Hell, the very first night of appearing at the grocery store she could remember Cami giving the exact same shady glance before murmuring his "dark secret". Then again, it was 5 years ago. Surely he hadn't remained in love with her throughout all that time. Missed her, perhaps, but there were plenty of women to be seen around the world. And so, she took it as a faint joke for now, turning her face away and gently scooting towards of the edge of the bed. "Now will you help me up? My mouth feels gross..." It was true. With another person here besides her... She cleared her throat, it felt vastly different. As if she needed to live up to some expectation instead of feeling her typical self. Then again, the pills were still working on beneath her conscious thoughts; realigning with chemical reaction to push her back into her original state of being: Happiness. "If you would be so kind..." Even still it was a bit difficult for her to rise in the morning, and she had practically exhausted her built energy last night. An uncomfortable shudder brushed her shoulders and her mouth thinned before she peered to the window.

PostPosted: Sat May 21, 2016 2:22 pm
oOBookwormYumiOo
▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
▀▄▀▄▀

What could only be described as flustered frustration (flustration?) quickly overtook his face, recoiling slightly with what appeared to be a scowl across his lips, though his flushed cheeks seemed to say something completely different. If he had known Camille and Bree were going to meet without him around, he definitely wouldn't have told her any of that. "T-that little girl is in for a world of hurt when she gets here..." he grumbled faintly, trying to hide his expression from her purple gaze while he calmed. A couple of deep breaths later, and he was ready to go again, turning back to face Bree once again. Well, Cammie certainly wasn't wrong when she blabbed, that's for sure. Even now, he was still quite fond of the brunette lying in front of him, to the point where he moved to this city because there was a mere chance of her living here as well. The only reason he hadn't admitted it himself was because he wasn't quite sure if there was still another man in the picture. He hadn't seen her old boyfriend anywhere, and that Tyrese guy seemed rather chummy, so he wasn't sure if he'd be stepping on any toes by admitting that there was still a flame in his heart burning for her.

Back to reality, though, he nodded at her request, and held his arms out. He wasn't quite sure whether or not she wanted to be merely helped to her feet or carried around like a princess, but he figured the latter would be more fun for her (and she did use to call him her knight), so he reached out and gently threw the covers off of her form, then slid his arms beneath the crook of her knees and her back, lifting her from the mattress with a small grunt. He then held her somewhat close, smiling at her softly. "Where to?" he asked with a small chuckle, turning the two of them away from the bed and facing the bathroom door.

MasterDenton

Yummy Galaxxy

Captain

Divine Seeker

PostPosted: Sat May 21, 2016 3:02 pm
MasterDenton

User ImageUser Image

"Gentle, gentle..." She suckled in her bottom lip, cautious of him completely picking her up like a maiden in distress. "Such a dork..." She scoffed quietly, unable to hide the smile on her lips. Her matted curls fell back and she gestured towards the bathroom door. "I just need to at least brush my teeth and wash my face off." Now that she was at least somewhat up and moving, she hadn't felt the need to change clothing like she did earlier. Though perhaps she'd pin her hair back just a bit if she wasn't going to clean them first. With a slight his and a sigh, she tucked her arms against herself, setting them against her waist respectively. "So to the bathroom please, dearest knight." She croaked, once again clearing her throat. Five years later and they were able to pick up exactly where they left off. It was astounding. Then again, his adventures told of happiness while hers... She swallowed, her amethyst gaze peering over into the soft sunlight pouring through the filtered blinds in the bathroom. "I'm sorry we had to ask you to come on short notice... I hope you weren't doing anything specific today." It might not even for the exact day that it would happen. She might have to ask him to come in future days to come. Maybe she'd call Jacob... She missed her bulky, silent Tengu.

PostPosted: Sat May 21, 2016 3:37 pm
oOBookwormYumiOo
▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
▀▄▀▄▀

Upon receiving his directions, he nodded, and slowly made his way to the open bathroom door, making sure not to jostle the brunette in his arms too much as he passed through the threshold. "No, you're the dork!" he joked with a gentle squeeze to her side, not too hard, of course. Looking over her, she looked a bit frail, so he didn't want to go about rough-housing with her and hurting her. He had to wonder, though, how'd she get this way? Did it have something to do with why she didn't seem to want to talk about the last few years? He wasn't going to prod at her over it, but his mind wandered nonetheless. He definitely couldn't leave her alone like that again, that's for sure. Once they'd arrived in front of the sink, he gently tipped her, feet first, towards the floor, allowing her to gently slide out of his arms onto the linoleum beneath. He then made his way to the tub across the room, sitting on the granite edge and keeping an eye on her in case anything happened. "Nah, I didn't have any plans." That was a bit of a lie, because Camille was supposed to show up today, but he was sure she could get settled by herself. "Besides, even if I did, my long-lost best friend would easily take priority." He smiled over at her, his face most likely being visible in the mirror she stood before. That one was the truth, and most likely if she asked him to come again, he'd have no qualms about instantly saying yes. Hell, he'd even stay the night if he had to.

MasterDenton

Yummy Galaxxy

Captain

Divine Seeker

PostPosted: Sat May 21, 2016 3:57 pm
MasterDenton

User ImageUser Image

Her eyes fled to the mirror before her, then down to her feet, her toes inches from brushing against the edge of the marbled porcelain sink. The floor was cool beneath her socked feet, definitely a difference from the warmth curled in the blankets of her bed. "Good..." She murmured distantly, placing her fingertips upon the edge. She reached for her electric toothbrush, slathering the top in toothpaste and placing it into her mouth, but not before giving a small smile in the mirror to return to him. She had missed him immensely, there was no doubt about that. And as she occasionally studied his face throughout brushing her teeth, she couldn't help but wonder what had made him want to travel the world like he had. Then again, she remembered... He had always been a curious one when it came to the different foods, cultures, personalities - he was like a cat, chasing any shadow he could to get the answer of who was making it move. She spat into the sink, washing over her mouth and blowing back the stream of water down the drain. As she reached for her towel, she pushed it against her mouth, stopping just below her nostrils and watching him for a moment. He had changed, that much was true. But, even after all this time, it was as if the same personality stayed the same. Unlike herself... Her eyes fell to the side, partially closed to hide the dying light behind her irises. He had grown whilst she had fallen to the depths of her terror. With a soft clear to her throat, she reached over for a ponytail holder, stretching the elastic over a few curls that hung beneath her when she glanced down. She gestured her fingers, twirling a stream of water up into the air and towards her face while she reached for the soap. "Sometimes I guess it just feels like I'm asking too much of Tyrese... And I don't even remember the last time he went home, or to his business." She sighed. It was true. She felt as if she were holding him back.

PostPosted: Sat May 21, 2016 4:20 pm
oOBookwormYumiOo
▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
▀▄▀▄▀

Max idly kicked his legs a little as he watched her clean up. Even now, after holding her in his arms and feeling her embrace, he still wasn't quite sure if this was a dream or not. God, he was happy to have her back in his life. Even though he'd made friends on his travels, none of them could ever hope to compare to the place Bree Clark held in his heart. None of them really clicked like the two of them had, and even if he might've spent more time with them than he had with her, there was just something that she brought out in him that made him feel... loved. "I'm sure he doesn't mind too much..." He thought back to how thorough Tyrese was when it came to Bree's routine. He obviously cared for her a lot, that, or he'd just had this routine burned into his mind from weeks upon weeks of repetition. "Besides, that's why I'm here, to give him a break. And I certainly don't mind being here with you." He let out another content sigh, eventually stopping his idle leg flapping and crossing the right over the left, hands in his lap. "Speaking of..." There was a burning question, the elephant in the room to him. The one that would probably result in him getting slugged in the mouth by an angry man if it went unanswered. "You two aren't... A thing... Right?" He tried to word that in the least incriminating way possible, as not to paint himself as a potential suitor right away.

MasterDenton

Yummy Galaxxy

Captain

Divine Seeker

PostPosted: Sat May 21, 2016 5:05 pm
MasterDenton

User ImageUser Image

She scrubbed the soap over her smooth ivory skin, brushing away what might have been left of the sand and salt grains leftover by the ocean wind the prior night. No... She closed her eyes and rose her hand to splash water over her face, extending her fingertips so the water seemed to explode and splatter on its own. No, he seemed absolutely fine with leaving this morning - but the way he lingered... She sighed again and reached for the towel once she couldn't feel any more slippery particles of soap lingering on her face. Perhaps she was taking this too heftily. As she dabbed the towel against her skin, she turned on her heel and hooked her hands beneath the edge. She peered back over to him, quickly diverting her gaze at the extremely loaded question. W-Were they a thing? Her cheeks felt hot, and for the life of her, she couldn't understand why. The bristling behind her rib cage was a familiar yet unforeseen measure of action that made her feel wary around the subject. She pushed the towel upwards to hide the blush scurrying over her cheeks. Were they a thing? "N-No." It took everything she could not to allow the pitch near the end to head into a questioning tone - as if she didn't know herself. With a heavy swallow, she plopped the towel next to the sink and pulled the elastic band out of her hair, tossing it back atop the white fabric. "He's... Someone very close to my heart, though." The owl on her sweater seemed to stare him down as she faced him, his wide eyes curiously watching him. That wasn't a lie. Her heart began to cool itself over, but it didn't take long for her to calm the fluttering in her chest with a few deep breaths.

"Ever since..." She turned and began to retreat from the bathroom. "Did you see my new pet?" She was quick to turn away from the subject again. At the sound of the word, a soft mewl came from the other side of the bed, a fuzzy black kitten-like cat heading in their direct way. "Hi pumpkin..." She smiled down softly to him, struggling to lean and pick him up. With a harsh swallow she stood back up, looking towards her bare arms. "Would you mind..?" She asked again.

PostPosted: Sat May 21, 2016 5:35 pm
oOBookwormYumiOo
▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
▀▄▀▄▀

Max inadvertently let out a sigh of relief at the confirmation. He really didn't mean for it to come out, but there was no stopping it. If questioned about it, he'd probably explain it as being relieved that he wasn't going to be uppercut in the gut for being so close to her. "Well, I'm glad you have friends other than me now." he said with sort of a joking tone. It really seemed as if she only hung around with him back when he was at Koizora, but then again, until he met Rayen, he only hung around with her, and even after, a huge chunk of his time was spent in Bree's dorm or wandering around Calico with her. After she was done with her preening, he hoisted himself up off of the basin of the tub, walking over to her before pausing a few feet in front of her. "No, I don't believe I ha- KITTY!" With that, he immediately dropped down to his knees and started to stroke the small cat, his smile beaming like a delighted child. After a few moments of momentary weakness, he once again hoisted himself to his feet, brushing off the knees of his sweats. "Reminds me a bit of Tipper when she was little..." Looking up at Bree once more, he once again interpreted her request as 'carry me', so he scooped her up much as he had before, though a bit more gentle this time, and held her closely to himself. "Where to now?"

MasterDenton

Yummy Galaxxy

Captain

Divine Seeker

PostPosted: Sat May 21, 2016 8:24 pm
MasterDenton

User ImageUser Image

Of course, she had originally meant to refer to Alistair, who had been hidden beneath his brown rock in the tank atop her dresser, but instead, Dime had caught her attention. He purred at the new found attention, running the tip of his head beneath his hand. His yellow eyes caught Bree attempting to reach for him, scurrying over to her hands. Unfortunately, she could not reach him. But without another moment, she was scooped up again - this time with a faint yelp of surprise. "I meant..." She couldn't help but wholeheartedly laugh at the misinterpretation, her eyelids closing in a tight lock to accompany her giggle. "I meant could you pick him up for me." Dime pranced along the bottom of his feet, pawing at the ankle of his pants. With a gentle squeeze to his arm, she began to let herself down, glancing over her other cage, then back to Dime. Both of them had received a lack of attention from the brunette - and for that, she was regretful. Because of her decline, she had rammed several people right in alongside her. She cast her gaze towards and away from all of them, towards the bed where she seemed to spend the majority of her time lately. Maybe... It was time for a change.

PostPosted: Sat May 21, 2016 8:44 pm
oOBookwormYumiOo
▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
▀▄▀▄▀

Max just kinda... Paused in place as Bree explained what she meant and slid out of his arms, a blank expression on his face as he processed his mistake. "...Oh." He then looked off to the side with a bit of an embarrassed grimace on his face. After he recovered from that, he bent down to pick up the black kitten up off the ground, offering him to Bree if she wanted to take him. Walking to the bedroom door, he waited for Bree to join him, smiling at her despite his awkward little gaffe beforehand. "But, I'll ask again..." he began, looking off to the door in the bedroom that led to the rest of the house. "Where to next? I think it's time for your medicine, actually..."

MasterDenton

Yummy Galaxxy

Captain

Divine Seeker

PostPosted: Sat May 21, 2016 9:08 pm
MasterDenton

User ImageUser Image

Her mouth twisted as she attempted not to smile and laugh at Max's sudden lack of communication and facial expression. She, of course, wasn't upset with him in the slightest for taking her sentence in a different direction; she had in fact used it not a few moments ago when she needed help getting off of the bed. But, regardless, it was funny. Her arms came out to cradle the cat to her chest. He lifted his paws and turned himself, nestling against her sweater until he practically clung to her like a baby would a mother. Gently she tucked his tail beneath her hand and sighed inwardly, narrowing her gaze over to Max again. Once crossing the short distance, she turned her way out the door, passed the only other closed bedroom door, and stopped at the tip of the stairwell. As her other hand came to brush between Dime's ears, gently scratching down, she spoke quietly. "Mmh... My medicine." Since day one she hadn't wanted to take them - but the movement became mechanic at this point. "Tyrese would be mad if I didn't eat something with them, I think.." Very rarely did her appetite come back with a bite, and even now, she didn't feel hungry. It could be the only other reason she hadn't gained so much weight during her pregnancy. Everything had come tumbling down so hard within the past 3 months, that just about everything physical was out of her reach at this point. She ran her fingertips over her waist again, giving sight to the small lump for a fraction of a second away from Max, and began her steady decent down the steps. it would take her a while to get to the bottom. "Where do you live now?" She asked, halfway down and already looking rather strained.

PostPosted: Sat May 21, 2016 9:56 pm
oOBookwormYumiOo
▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
▀▄▀▄▀

Max nodded and trotted over to the staircase, walking alongside Bree no matter how long it took her to make it down the admittedly rather long staircase. He offered a hand out to her if she wanted to take it, though he wouldn't be too offended if she just wanted to keep clutching the small cat to her torso instead. In fact, he reached over and ran a couple fingers between the small cat's ears before offering his hand to her, seeing how she seemed to be struggling to keep herself upright. "I can carry you if you want." he offered as well, keeping a close eye on the brunette's shaky movement. "And I can make you the 'Maxwell Special' when we get downstairs." He wasn't quite sure if he'd ever cooked for Bree back in high school, but if he had, the 'Maxwell Special' had definitely been on the menu. Consisting of a pan of ground beef with cheese melted on top, it was surprisingly good for how simple it was. But, seeing as how she was a little sickly looking, he figured that might not be the best course of action. "Or maybe a nice grilled cheese and a bowl of tomato soup? That sound good?"

On the subject of his housing, Max looked off to the side once more, a little embarrassed. "Well, it's nothing fancy like this..." It was true. His house was a shed compared to Bree's home, and it was starting to show. "It's a little place down in the Etoile district. Definitely a one-man place, which is gonna suuuuuuck when Cammie shows up." He wasn't quite comfortable with having his little sister sleep on the couch next to the arcade machine, but it really was his only option.

MasterDenton

Yummy Galaxxy

Captain

Divine Seeker

PostPosted: Sat May 21, 2016 10:20 pm
MasterDenton

User ImageUser Image

Instinctively instead, she leaned up onto the balls of her feet, wrapping her arm around his shoulder to keep herself steady. She hated this - feeling absolutely weak when it came right down to it, especially when it showed around other people. If only she hadn't exerted herself so much last night, then she would at least have something to show as any old friend or stranger approached. Instead she was left with the frail skeleton of herself. She cleared her throat and swallowed any possible bile threatening to come up. Even years later and she still couldn't believe the 'Maxwell Special' was even a thing. It had been a basic version of a Hamburger Helper; void the spices, and even then, she lacked any interest in any of those. With a sniff and a slight puff to her cheeks, she shook her head, her curls bouncing along with her. She couldn't handle such a greasy dish, especially not in her current state. Just the thought of, she hunched for a second and swallowed another gag, shoulders shuddering as Dime shifted and mewled uncomfortably. "A-A grilled cheese would be fine..." She muttered quickly after, running her fingertips over her waist, then towards the broken rib that had healed around a few weeks ago.

As they reached the bottom of the staircase, she placed Dime against the arm of the couch, watching him roam along towards the other edge and off, following her towards the kitchen. "Etoile?" She turned to glance over her shoulder, rubbing her hands along her chest until she was sure she was void of any cat hair. Dime, however, wasn't one to shed much, and so she was steered clean not a few seconds later. "We thought about moving there when we first came." She began, oblivious to the 'we' coming from her mouth, and she brushed a curl back behind her ear, eyeing the medication left over on the counter by Tyrese. What was he up to, she wondered? "They're good for one person." She rolled her shoulders back. "I remember I used to go running over the boat docks when my family would take me to visit Soleil. I liked watching them depart and the waves they'd leave behind in the wake." She remembered her father cradling her as a toddler, her hair pulled into pig tails as she watched what seemed like massive ships depart. She lifted herself gingerly into a bar stool, resting her elbows over the wooden surface. "I'm sure she'll be fine..." A soft smile rose her lips. "She'll be ecstatic to know you found me, I'm sure."

☼ Pasadena Housing District

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff