Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply Pro-Choice Gaians
New Members Introduce Yourselves Here Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 45 46 47 48 49 50 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Lord Setar

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2008 8:23 pm
heXlovesXmeXnot
Hello, all.

I'm Skye and I'm thirteen. I live in the very very north U.S.A. I've always been pro-choice. A woman's body is her own to do with what she wants. I don't condone abortion as birth control. It should be a case-by-case basis.

Though this isn't the ADT...I really, really can't help but note the hypocrisy in saying that a woman can do what she wants with her body, then in the next line saying it should be a case-by-case basis. Then we get into what is right and wrong, who defines it, and their authority in such. In fact, there are probably quite a few people in here who mind a stance like that.

I have a huge personal dislike for hypocrisy, though =/  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2008 12:43 am
I joined the guild a while ago, but I'm kinda shy, so just getting around to introducing myself now...

I'm Z3Ncat, or Zcat. I've been on Gaia for a while, I guess, but was banned most of that time (that whole huge hack thing) and didn't realize it until about a month ago. I'm active in the ED, especially the ADT.

I've always been pro-choice. I always find it amusing when someone tries to 'debate' with the line 'what if your mother had felt that way?', because my mother is, in fact, pro-choice, and has been ever since a friend of hers nearly bled to death in the back of a Greyhound bus on her way home from an illegal abortion back in the pre-Roe era. Because of an accidental pregnancy at age 16, and the inability to get a safe, legal abortion, the girl lost the respect of many of her classmates and family, lost her ability to ever have children in the future, and nearly lost her life.

And so no other girl has to face that, I'll fight to keep abortion safe and legal.  

Z3Ncat

7,600 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300

ra! ra! rasputin

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2008 8:18 am
I joined this guild awhile back, but I'm hardly ever on Gaia so I haven't bothered posting in it until now.

My name is Arianna, I'm 20 years old and in my 3rd year of university (I know my profile says it's my second, I'm just too lazy to change that). I'm doing a major in Political Science and a minor in Women's Studies.

Abortion should be legal for a lot of reasons, which I don't really feel like going through at the moment (since I'm sure no one here is going to debate me on them). However I find one of the most compelling reasons for myself is simply that I don't want to deal with my own little bundle of 'oh s**t.'

Other than that, I'm an atheist. As I mentioned before I'm not on Gaia much. And that's about it.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2008 6:25 pm
hi im rin, im 19 and i joined this guild partly because i might be pregnent and a good chunk of the people i know irl are pro-life and i thought this would be a good place to talk to other people about my thoughts and and my possible situation.
btw im wiccan, im taking night school to get my diploma and i have a loving boyfriend whos 2 years older then me. if you wanna know anything else ask 3nodding  

Tenshi Rin

x_doombubbles_x

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2008 1:35 pm
Hi, I'm Dani. I used to be a member of this guild under my old s/n 27 Names for Tears. I'm 17, 18 in March and have been pro-choice for as long as I can remember. I operate a pro-choice MySpace page, and am a local activist for both keeping abortion legal, and being anti-abstinence-only sex ed. I for one would abort if I ever became pregnant, but me being pro-choice is about so much more than defending my own beliefs about giving birth and having babies. Having a family is a big deal, and shouldn't be forced upon someone, or used as a punishment for having sex.

Besides that, I'm a high school senior full time, and a part time college freshman. Currently unemployed. I have a boyfriend of 2 years named Marcus.  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2008 3:29 pm

Well, hello there.

The name is Viv. For a long time I was completely against abortion, simply because of the fact that a child naturally adopts the feelings of their parents and those around them.
A couple of years ago I became insanely feminist, and I began looking upon the debate of pro-choice vs. pro-life in a different life.

I believe in women's rights first and foremost. I believe that if a woman decides she wants an abortion (especially in the case of rape) she has the right to carry through with it. It is her body after all.
However, if the abortion is a result of the boyfriend or parents pressuring the woman into such a decision, I am vehemently against it.

I'm sure you'll all agree with me on that point.

Excluding my views on the topic, I am 18 and currently exploring my working options before taking up journalism in university. I am very much in love with my partner of one year.

NurseJelly

baronesswinchester

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2008 8:16 pm
Hello, everyone!

I'm Baronesswinchester. I am a feminist and tend to be politically liberal. I am pro choice because I think that if a woman wants go get an abortion, it should be HER choice. The government shouldn't interfere.  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2008 2:14 pm
Hello, I am Aki: A strong liberal, pro-choice artist with a weird view on life.

Why I am pro-choice-Because if I don't want it there it shouldn't be there. The government has no right to make a choice about my body. If there is any organ I seek to have removed from my body I should be able to remove it as long as it dosen't harm me. I have a right to remove a baby from my body because 1) It is eating my nutrients 2) Because I do not want it there 3) It is breaking the law and I can kill a man for invading me without my permission and he can feel, it can't 4) It's mine and if you won't give me an abortion then hello coat hangers! So for my physical well being you better get it out.
---------------------
I have never become pregnant, if I do and I want an abortion here are my reasons.  

Cynical Beast

SmallBlueThing

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2008 9:37 am
Hi, i'm Smallbluething, but you can call me blue.

My profile is pretty full of stuff, so if you want to know about me, go there.

I'm pro-choice, mostly due to my own choices, (i was a 'fence-sitter' for a while first), partially down to my mum and the way i was brought up. and also down to my career choice 'health and care'.

I have pretty strong Pro-choice beliefs, including issues such as abortion, euthanasia, and any choice really... I think people have the right to choose and that should be on the human rights act!

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2008 10:09 am
Hello!
I am a 22 years old college student.
For quite long I was pro-life, but my opinions changed during the past months. I believe every woman should have the right for the decision to abort legally, and it's not the government's right to force her keep an unwanted pregnancy. It's not ideal and pretty, but it should stay legal and women should have the right to choose it as an option. No one else but the woman herself has the right to decide about her body.  

Ametrin

The War on Indifference

Durem Raider

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2008 1:40 pm
ah... hey.
I'm Sin_through_Existence, and I go by many names online and in life.

I'm a lurker at heart, but I joined the guild because I like having the option of throwing my 2 cents into a discussion, even if I don't do it much.

I am completely pro-choice, whether you're getting an abortion at 7 weeks or 7 months, whether you were raped or messing around with your boyfriend, whether you're 16 or 36.
*hops off soapbox*
I have a liberal stance on almost everything, I am an atheist, and my biggest fear is falling for idiotic propaganda/being ignorant about something but having a stance on it anyway. I hate people who are like this, but I fear them all the same. never underestimate idiots in large numbers.

I really admire people who can form educated and powerful arguements without coming off as offensive. it's why I lurk in this guild. *looks around at all the regulars*

also, I tend to write long, wall-of-text-like comments on trivial things. mrgreen

edit: apparently, this is the 700th comment. cool. cool  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2008 9:00 am
Totally didn't even notice this thread.

I'm FallenEverdark. And for the most part, I'll respond to being called Fallen or Everdark. Mostly when I'm in Seattle though, lol.
I've pretty much always been pro choice, my mom's always fostered liberal attitudes with me. I'm a Wiccan (but a very very lazy one unfortunately) and I'm a passionate video game defender, lol.
I'm getting married this year to my fiance, we'll have been together 2 1/2 years by the time we get married, and we were very good friends for years before that. I'm 22, and I have had an abortion. So has one of my very close friends. Smartest choice I ever made. And I can't tell you how much relief I felt after it was all over & done with. I don't want any woman to feel the kind of dread I felt. On top of the fact that being pregnant made me sicker than I've ever been in my whole life.

Its a huge responsibility no matter which choice you make. And that was a choice my fiance & I made together. Thats how it should be.  

QueenOfStardust

Veolin

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2008 9:34 pm
Hello everyone! Im Veolin but feel free to call me V or Veo. My real name is Amanda and Im 21. Im also six and a half months along and Im extremely pro-choice. Im a military wife and this is our first child.

I'll admit that a while back I was pro-life, but after talking with several pro-choicers (some of which are members of this guild I do believe) I realized that no one has the right to force anyone to do anything against their will, expecially in concerning the persons body, and have been a pro-choice advocate ever sinse.  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2008 10:04 pm
Hello all!

My name Is Kirsten and I'm 16 years old. I'm also a sophmore in highschool. I'm very prochoice, I deffinitly believe its the individual womans choice, not the government. Its the woman's choice if she wants to abort (for any reason) the government shouldn't have the right to decide for them.  

Kir-chan

FooFooFoo Fontane

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2008 8:29 pm
Hello and Salutations! I am Naoki-onee, you may call me Naoki or Mudai but I go by many, many names. Onee means big suster in japanese(Technicaly it's oneesan but I have not had a chance to chage it yet sweatdrop ). The list of Naoki-related names you can NOT call me are on my page.

I am pro-choice because: Even if abortions are banned it's not going to stop someone who really, really wants one. No, if she had her will set on it she will go get an illegal abortion. A deangerous probably life threatening procedure. Besides that, pregnancy is not allway sthat woman's fault!
I have been pro-choice for as long as I've known about this issue, yay me!
I am...not sure that there is a god actually. I do not believe in the entire christian/catholic/babtist/whatever way, I do not believe in Jesus at all in any way shape or form, and if I had, had, HAD to choose a religion it would be Wicca. ^^
Besides being pro-choice, I an a supporter of Gay rights (My main issue seeing as I am not straight), animal rights, and women's rights. Say it with me: Yay, rights!!!

This has been a crazy message from....
Naoki-onee  
Pro-Choice Gaians

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 45 46 47 48 49 50 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas