Welcome to Gaia! ::

Galactic Empire: The Official Star Wars Guild

Back to Guilds

The Official Star Wars guild since it's creation nearly 8 years ago. Join the Empire, be part of the legacy. 

Tags: Star Wars, Official, Jedi, Sith, Empire 

Reply The Second Imperium
Star Wars Weapons Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 45 46 47 48 49 50 ... 74 75 76 77 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Jaden_Ordo

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2007 9:30 pm
...the LJ-50 solves all the bickering... cool  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2007 9:48 pm
I'm calling you a kid.
It says so in my previous post. You need to learn to type better.

And have you ever fired a gun? much less a longarm similar in length to the DC?
An Underslung scope has got to be the dumbest thing ever.
Nobody is goung to look under the gun while they're fireing it. Recoil makes it impractical, to say the least.
If its purpose was a grip alone it would make sense, but a grip and a scope the device can not be.
The Encyclopedias could be wrong.

The DC Carbine was only good in that it led the way for the E-11. If the weapon was so good (as you seem to claim) why was it phased out in favor of the E-11, which was still in use by the Empire and its Rivals fourty years after the Emperor died at Endor?  

Sol Walker
Crew

Sol Walker
Crew

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2007 9:52 pm
Jaden_Ordo

Boom stick, baby.  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2007 9:54 pm
Cale Darksun
Jaden_Ordo

Boom stick, baby.
Amen, brother!  

Jaden_Ordo

Sol Walker
Crew

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2007 9:55 pm
Jaden_Ordo
Cale Darksun
Jaden_Ordo

Boom stick, baby.
Amen, brother!

The downside is that its only got a five round mag.  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2007 9:58 pm
Cale Darksun
I'm calling you a kid.

Nobody is goung to look under the gun while they're fireing it. Recoil makes it impractical, to say the least.
If its purpose was a grip alone it would make sense, but a grip and a scope the device can not be.

The DC Carbine was only good in that it led the way for the E-11. If the weapon was so good (as you seem to claim) why was it phased out in favor of the E-11, which was still in use by the Empire and its Rivals fourty years after the Emperor died at Endor?
I must say, of all the guns I've used, the E-11 is the most practical. It may not be the best at everything but it has that "jack of all trades" trait that is invaluble in a gun.

Though I am a fan of the WESTAR- M5 myself.  

Jaden_Ordo

Jaden_Ordo

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2007 9:59 pm
Cale Darksun
Jaden_Ordo
Cale Darksun
Jaden_Ordo

Boom stick, baby.
Amen, brother!

The downside is that its only got a five round mag.
Yeah I know... great for fun and killing, horrible reliablity. Oh well...  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2007 10:01 pm
The ACP repeater is a fun little toy however.
Spray and pray.

I wonder how effective it would be on stormies...  

Sol Walker
Crew

Jaden_Ordo

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2007 10:03 pm
At a distance, medium to far, I say ineffective. At close range... I don't know. The armor would probably stop most of it from killing other stormies. I think the armor would definately deflect the smaller fragments. But the one who took it straight on would be screwed.  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2007 10:11 pm
Jaden_Ordo
At a distance, medium to far, I say ineffective. At close range... I don't know. The armor would probably stop most of it from killing other stormies. I think the armor would definately deflect the smaller fragments. But the one who took it straight on would be screwed.

Lets remember one thing: Stormie Armor is designed to protect against Blasters.
This is why slugthrowers are so effective against them as well as other low tech items.
ACP's, being a form of blaster, would be stopped by the armor at medium range and probably short range as well.
Close up, however, the sheer volume of fire from an ACP would shred stormie armor. And remember that Leia's low powered blaster took down a stormie at very close range.

hmm....maybe I should try and have some ACP's smuggled in for the resistance....  

Sol Walker
Crew

Valkore Fraust

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2007 10:44 pm
Cale Darksun
I'm calling you a kid.

ITS A FREAKIN SCI FI MOVIE! OF COURSE ITS NOT GOING TO MAKE SENSE! I said 3 times its detatchable and goes on the TOP. Dont freakin call me a kid and then tell me I cant type. What the hell is a goung? You diddnt even capitalize "much". Dont tell me to learn how to type when you just had some errors, retard. The encyclopedia ISNT wrong, if it was, it would be corrected or NOT PUBLISHED. Think of what the hell you say before you do. They dont USE it PERMANANTLY as a freaking grip, but they use it as one. Just like holding and AK-47 by the magazine instead of the barrel. You could use, in this case, the mag as a grip. You think a clone is going to reach ALL THE WAY UP THAT RIFLE?! Think! They diddnt use the freaking carbine because it was out dated. If they make an E-11 and see that its stronger, of course theyre gonna switch weaponry. You sounded so stupid saying "nobody will look under the gun while theyre firing". NO s**t. Yes, Ive fired a .22 and a Winchester levar-action. I was around 9 or so, so it was pretty damn long for me. For the record, I knew you were calling me one, its called sarcasm. Dont call me kid, and tell me to type better. Read now and then, maybe you'll learn more and wont sound like an idiot when you post. Just dont respond, I really dont want to argue.  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2007 5:16 am
At least people can read what I type.
And I will continue to call you kid as is my right as senior guild member and as (Most likely) an older male than you.
Deal with it, because it isnt going to change. Your attitude about it and your immaturity over this rifle buisness clearly indicates "Kid" is an adequate title for you.

And Ive yet to see any incarnation of the rifle where the scope goes on the top and isnt underslung.
If it was detatchable and capable of going on top, then why have we never seen it like that?  

Sol Walker
Crew

Sayla-girl

Noble Dabbler

9,675 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2007 5:59 am
Dont let Cale get under your skin, Mando.
He does this to alot of newcomers to the guild.
We're all not like that. sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2007 3:27 pm
I don't know about that Sayla, you guys can be quite mean at times. But then again who isn't. I personally like Cale like this. It challenges you to do better and to increase your knowledge, lest you lose the arguement. Wonderful test of one abilities.  

Jaden_Ordo

Sol Walker
Crew

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2007 5:17 pm
Interesting thought:
If there are regular and explosive Bowcaster quarrels, then what other vairable ammo could they have?  
The Second Imperium

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 45 46 47 48 49 50 ... 74 75 76 77 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games