Welcome to Gaia! ::

Galactic Empire: The Official Star Wars Guild

Back to Guilds

The Official Star Wars guild since it's creation nearly 8 years ago. Join the Empire, be part of the legacy. 

Tags: Star Wars, Official, Jedi, Sith, Empire 

Reply The Second Imperium
The Imperial War Room Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 45 46 47 48 49 50 ... 88 89 90 91 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

stellarmagic

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2007 10:32 pm
They're hardy and we've got alot of them. Sounds like good troops for urban combat and fighting in caves. So lets send them in the base first to clear it out.  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2007 10:34 pm
Dont forget to let Darth Hamatula do his thing.  

Sol Walker
Crew

Nelowulf
Vice Captain

Codger

6,200 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2007 10:50 pm
its only one battalion.... rolleyes lol

edit: i got a brown box! something that hasn't happened! and over 2 years since my last chest or special event!  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2007 10:59 pm
Two regiments of Plaguetroopers to assault one base seems like more then enough.  

stellarmagic

Nelowulf
Vice Captain

Codger

6,200 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2007 11:04 pm
"There is no overkill; only open fire and I need to reload."

Or take my personal motto: "The difference between overwhelming firepower and overkill is whether or not you survive the blast."

Use them all. Just don't kill them all.  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2007 5:37 am
Overkill makes everyone feel safer.
Go with overkill.  

Sol Walker
Crew

stellarmagic

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2007 9:15 am
God damn it! Everyone forgets about gear up time and travel time! Your troops won't instantly be ready for combat cause an alarm goes off! Even on yellow alert your troops are required to be battle ready in ten minutes not instantly.

It really irritates me sometimes just how non-realistic the RP can get with these guys.  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2007 9:19 am
Settle, mate.

It is odd how he's automatically ready for battle when he was only at a cautious state. Just because you doubled the watch at the wall, that does not mean you're ready to repel the ladders of a determined foe.  

Sol Walker
Crew

stellarmagic

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2007 9:24 am
Plus I didn't think there were tunnel entrances at the Shield Generators. I'll just have my commandos collapse them I guess.

I also have to wonder how many troops he's got! A battalion of rangers? Thats two regiments by itself... I'd have thought the strength of the garrison in total is no more then a brigade (3-4 Battalions).

Plus sending a battalion means allot more time to form them up and organize them. Thats the problem with using big formations they have a damnable form up time.  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2007 9:27 am
Theres also nowhere to properly deploy those numbers effectively in those tunnels.
Anyone familiar with Thermopylae?  

Sol Walker
Crew

Sol Walker
Crew

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2007 9:30 am
Hey Stellar, remind me again what happened at Junction during the Kenet Uprising?  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2007 9:30 am
Yeah... I'm familiar. That's why I had the commandos scatter mines and satchel charges... + an I-Sel. Good luck getting up that tunnel before I blow it.

These guys need to learn about conservation of force. You don't send a battalion against a platoon... You send at most a company or two.

EDIT: Thats where you nabbed the Golans with the Mandalorians and I beat down a splinter fleet. Not much of a battle.  

stellarmagic

Sol Walker
Crew

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2007 9:36 am
Your counterparts on the Rebels side dont seem too knowledgeable about it.
Amazing how many lessons must be relearned after one and a quarter centuries.
Oddly enough I'm counting on much having been forgotten in the last hundred years.

Thanks. since I'm retreading the old battlegrounds of the Uprising on my path to the treasure, I figure I might want to be historically accurate.  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2007 9:38 am
There's a reason why the most important lessons at the Imperial Academy are in history class. wink

It's like Okinawa. If they charge out of their cave I gun them down. If they hide in their cave I bury them in it.  

stellarmagic

Nelowulf
Vice Captain

Codger

6,200 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2007 9:42 am
I think its that nobody understands exactly the numbers being used.

in CotGCW, we didn't focus on the big battle. the largest number of units in the camera's eye at any given point was a platoon, perhaps a regiment that lost a bunch of people.

We focused on the character's deeds, not the army as a whole. And ever since you came in and played with the massive army (no offense, I actually like it), everyone wants to play with it too.

i'm sure I said it, they're gods and generals, rather than picking one or the other. I dont think that many of our "generals" really can perform as such.

More importantly, because everyone fears that we're going to Miss Cleo information, they won't coordinate a battle beforehand, expecting their own "genius" to pull them through. Unfortunately, this isn't helping the situation any.

i at least had planned not only the outcome, but often times the details of the battle as well. and eeryone knew what was going down, give or take.  
The Second Imperium

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 45 46 47 48 49 50 ... 88 89 90 91 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games