Welcome to Gaia! ::

Galactic Empire: The Official Star Wars Guild

Back to Guilds

The Official Star Wars guild since it's creation nearly 8 years ago. Join the Empire, be part of the legacy. 

Tags: Star Wars, Official, Jedi, Sith, Empire 

Reply The Second Imperium
Mos Eisley Cantina Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4720 4721 4722 4723 4724 4725 ... 5665 5666 5667 5668 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

elvisnake

PostPosted: Sun May 31, 2009 11:36 am
Des Voh
It still makes me twitch not having that option on my screen. Oh well, in time.

I feel you there. Still waiting for my chance.  
PostPosted: Sun May 31, 2009 11:36 am
So I'm trying to build a god of the Astral Sea for my upcoming game using 4E. So far my idea of what he'll look like is similar to my avatar.
My GMPC will be a Deva, though I've warped them around considerably, they've become servants once more you can say, only being able to retain existence in the mortal plane through a divine or celestial patron, thus bound to the will of that patron.

This way seems to suit the race alot better than, you know, wandering celestials without masters just living over and over(which would seem more like Hell if you ask me to them), and the power it will wield will be more fitting as well.

I'ma start the game with the prologue of the story and have the characters around lvl 6 in employ by a kingdom in war with another, as well a sort of civil war. Of course this is all covert, have adventures do your dirtiest work for you, etc, and with the reward they are promised, people would do much(lordship, infinite funding, etc). Introduce them to the world and the story, have to complete one mission, them cut it, give them in individual papers explaining the future from this point, then forward the timeline 500-years.

It turns out that there former masters tried to silence them some time after the wars ends, though they are all saved and put into statis at the cost of the GMPC being betrayed by his patron, having to sacrifice future lifetimes and past memories, including his current, and putting himself into a more serve stasis, using all this to keep the players alive aswell, under the will of a new Master. This one is a seeming up and coming God who is in actuality an avatar of one whose basically Ao (Forgotten Realms) in my universe.

One of the dirty deeds of the Player Characters in the prologue was the destruction of agents to this fragment of the Over-God, thus the state of the world when the players awaken once more(a much darker time). It also turns out that the players at the time of the prologue were being controlled through the fragments alter-enemy, one could say, the shadow of it.

Its an interesting twist I think, though much more work to be down on it. i think itll make as a great story. Also allows for some pretty epic game-play in the mid-levels of 4E(12+).  

Des Voh

3,000 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100

Skyeborne

Dapper Raider

750 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Cart Raider 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Sun May 31, 2009 12:14 pm
Apparently I'm a Lethargic War Criminal.  
PostPosted: Sun May 31, 2009 12:43 pm
That sounds pretty cool, Des.
@Aurin: Apparently, I'm a Lethargic Hedonist...  

elvisnake

Des Voh

3,000 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
PostPosted: Sun May 31, 2009 12:53 pm
I'm just Lethargic.  
PostPosted: Sun May 31, 2009 1:06 pm
It's probably a shared quality among a massive portion of Star Wars fandom  

elvisnake

Rodyn

PostPosted: Sun May 31, 2009 1:09 pm
I'm just a wild and crazy guy.  
PostPosted: Sun May 31, 2009 1:46 pm
That gets you tranq'ed. -fires dart into his a**-

Be more lethargic.

-pops him with three more for good measure, and fun-  

Des Voh

3,000 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100

elvisnake

PostPosted: Sun May 31, 2009 3:35 pm
Hmm... The third Austin Powers movie is on tv... Most of it sucks, but I forgot about the opening scene with Tom Cruise, Kevin Spacey, Danny DeVito and Steven Spielberg. That was a pretty funny intro.  
PostPosted: Sun May 31, 2009 4:33 pm
I'm a Pretentious Hedonist....Huh?  

Sol Walker
Crew

Sol Walker
Crew

PostPosted: Sun May 31, 2009 5:24 pm
Des Voh
So I'm trying to build a god of the Astral Sea for my upcoming game using 4E. So far my idea of what he'll look like is similar to my avatar.
My GMPC will be a Deva, though I've warped them around considerably, they've become servants once more you can say, only being able to retain existence in the mortal plane through a divine or celestial patron, thus bound to the will of that patron.

This way seems to suit the race alot better than, you know, wandering celestials without masters just living over and over(which would seem more like Hell if you ask me to them), and the power it will wield will be more fitting as well.

I'ma start the game with the prologue of the story and have the characters around lvl 6 in employ by a kingdom in war with another, as well a sort of civil war. Of course this is all covert, have adventures do your dirtiest work for you, etc, and with the reward they are promised, people would do much(lordship, infinite funding, etc). Introduce them to the world and the story, have to complete one mission, them cut it, give them in individual papers explaining the future from this point, then forward the timeline 500-years.

It turns out that there former masters tried to silence them some time after the wars ends, though they are all saved and put into statis at the cost of the GMPC being betrayed by his patron, having to sacrifice future lifetimes and past memories, including his current, and putting himself into a more serve stasis, using all this to keep the players alive aswell, under the will of a new Master. This one is a seeming up and coming God who is in actuality an avatar of one whose basically Ao (Forgotten Realms) in my universe.

One of the dirty deeds of the Player Characters in the prologue was the destruction of agents to this fragment of the Over-God, thus the state of the world when the players awaken once more(a much darker time). It also turns out that the players at the time of the prologue were being controlled through the fragments alter-enemy, one could say, the shadow of it.

Its an interesting twist I think, though much more work to be down on it. i think itll make as a great story. Also allows for some pretty epic game-play in the mid-levels of 4E(12+).

"Oh look. I'm a god." That'll get old in a hurry and it sounds disturbingly like many an RP profile I see in Gaia. No offense Des.

Because I feel like comparing, lets take a look at how my Mutants and Masterminds game went this last weekend.

In Scenic Tri-State City, A new Supergroup, the Power Force, was formed. It was Headed by master of Electromagnetism, Ex Physicist Dr Voltronic (My buddy Dover) and featured the Powered Up Pakistani, Quantum (Stellarmagic), with special guest appearance Vector Girl (An NPC and regular of the Freedom Brigade, the first super hero team of Tri-state City). Together they battled the villanous sonic based Hooligans Rant and Rave. While they did alright for a while against a few minor foes, the Power Force met its match against a powerful alien invader known as Syzygy.
Looking for a decent challenge to pit his dimensional hopping gunplay against, Syzygy wiped the floor with a surprised Dr Voltronic, forcing Quantum to make a teleporting Strategic Withdrawl with the Doc. Round two was a repeat of the first round, another defeat for the Power Force. Now needing more strategy, the Powerforce regrouped and replanned while the alien menace started vaporising downtown, starting with the Bowl'a'rama. The Powerforce decided on a desperate move: Reactivating a powerful robot from the 50's to do battle with the Alien. Quantum raced out to distract Syzygy while Doctor Voltronic aquired a Cobalt Thorium Power core and reactiated the ultra patriotic Super Android, American Made, SAAM for short.
SAAM arrived on the scene just as Syzygy had just finished beating the snot out of Quantum. With missiles, lasers, and machine guns ablazing, the two began a struggle that only succeeded in creating twice as much collateral damage. Fortunately, while the alien was distracted, Voltronic used his Electromagnetic powers to get the drop on Syzygy, repeatedly dropping a magnetically lifted tank upon the alien until the four armed fiend slithered defeated back to his ship. SAAM was immediately deactivated and placed under lock and key and, unfortunately, the Power Force was kaput. Doc Voltronic went back to his hidden laboratory while Vector Girl rejoined the Freedom Brigade with Quantum in tow. It was not a moment too soon. Ivan the Terrible (another character played by Dover and a founding Freedom Brigade member) and the Grey Ghost (another NPC) Had been seeking to uncover who was behind a series of terroist attacks against Pop Culture itself. The attackers were well organized and used retro-tech: high tech devices designed to look as though they were from one hundred years ago. Biplanes made of Plastics, Lugers that shot lasers, it was a group to not be taken lightly. After grappling with one of the biplanes, the Radioactive Russian Ivan discovered that they were operating from a 2 kilometer long Retro-tech Zeppelin. With the help of the Army, the Freedom Brigade boarded the Zeppelin and forcibly brought it to crash outside of town. The madman behind the attacks, an enigmatic man known only as the Sky Lord, escaped at the last second but Good triumphed in the end.
The Freedom Brigade would get little respite, for soon they were called once more to action. A super tanker had been sabotagued and damaged, rigged to crash into the pristine beaches of Tri-state City and to dump its entire cargo of crude oil. The Freedom Brigade worked quickly: Quantum Teleported aboard to try and plug the holes in the ship's hull, Vector Girl cleared the civilians from the beach, Grey Ghost attempted to repair the sabotaged controls, and Ivan sought to slow the ship down by pulling on the Anchor Chains and forcing a stop. The Radioactive Russian, without any breathing gear, fought the engines of the super tanker and had started to slow it down when he was attacked by the Trawler, an aquatic mercenary utilizing a state of the art powered dive suit. A fierce struggle ensued and although the Trawler was chased off, she had succeeded in preventing Ivan from slowing down the ship.
Back aboard, the Grey Ghost and Quantum were having their own problems, with Ghost battling a small horde of sabotuers while Quantum battled to keep plugging leaks in the oil tanks and the tankers hull.
Ivan punched out the drive shafts for the propellers and with the deployment of another anchor the tanker was brought safely to a halt. But the Freedom Brigade was not about to let the Trawler escape. With a running jump, the Terrible Titan, Ivan, lept from the tanker and sank the boat of the escaping saboteurs by crashing through it.
With the Trawler's gang in the hoosegow, It seemed that Tri-state City was safe for the moment from the big stuff. Now the little stuff needed to be taken care of. After Vector Girl and Quantum ran through a few programs in the Abandoned Warehouse of Freedom's danger room, Quantum and Ivan foiled a bank robbery by the seductive Lunar Moth. She managed to bamboozal Quantum with her good looks and a generous helping of her emotion controling pheremone dust, but Ivan was out for revenge and before you can say "Hulk Smash" he had knocked the woman out of the building with his powerful Thunderclap attack.
Still under the effect of Lunar Moth's pheremone dust, Quantum attempted to save the unconcious villaness from justice and led the rest of the Freedom Brigade for a merry chase before Grey Ghost managed to subject him to an antidote.  
PostPosted: Sun May 31, 2009 7:05 pm
Well, they just serve as the over-laying NPCs, with the deva GMPC as the characters link to the God. Otherwise hes just two levels higher than the PCs and serves as a life-vest in a tough situation for them. Nothing special besides the fact I'm actually splicing two classes to build him.  

Des Voh

3,000 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100

Darkened Angel
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Sun May 31, 2009 7:07 pm
I was playing Mass Effect earlier, and I noticed something.

Sledgehammer, Inferno, High Explosive, and Snowblind Rounds are the only ammo upgrades I ever come across. Why? I've got 2 entire playthroughs without seeing a single Proton Round, etc.

At least everyone's decked out in Spectre Gear X weapons with each one including a Frictionless Materials X and Kinetic Coil X upgrade. I'm a Light Human, Medium Turian, and Heavy Krogan armor short of having everyone in Colossus armor too. Garrus has Light, but I want him in Medium. Wrex has Predator H VIII. Liara's got Predator X. All armors have double Kinetic Exoskeleton X upgrades.

I'm also at 7 Charm and 8 Intimidate. I started this playthrough with 6 for both, and I never spent any talent points on 'em, so they're all coming from Spectre promotion and alignment. 2 more playthroughs and I'll have 'em both maxed.  
PostPosted: Sun May 31, 2009 7:15 pm
Still playing good DA?  

Missing00

Invisible Guildsman

9,100 Points
  • Guildmember 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Noob wrangler 100

Darkened Angel
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Sun May 31, 2009 7:34 pm
How would I have 8 Intimidate if I did, especially since I didn't spend any talent points in it?  
The Second Imperium

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4720 4721 4722 4723 4724 4725 ... 5665 5666 5667 5668 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games