• Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2011 8:20 pm
Fresnel
Capt Buckner CTO
Fresnel
Capt Buckner CTO
Fresnel
Capt Buckner CTO

NO NO NO. DO NOT GET THESE FOR AIRGUN SAFETY.

I had a pair, a bb from my airsoft gun went straight through it at 30 feet. Get something ANSI rated.
You're the only person I know who's said they've compromised a pair of SWD goggles. Maybe I should put both lenses on at once...

Maybe I didn't get a real pair.
I doubt anyone would bother to copy a $20 pair of goggles. The lenses are pretty thin... maybe did you take it at an edge? I could see it forcing its way past the seal without actually breaking anything. I took a shot straight in the goggles from about 100 feet yesterday and it didn't even scuff them, so I figured they're good...

Oh well, if it does break through, I've got glasses on underneath. Someday I'll switch to a pair of WileyX SG1's.

Nope, I hit it right in the center, right where an eye would be.
Well ********. I guess I'll just have to avoid CQB. Good thing I'm going to be a SAW gunner. Always the last dude in the door.

Just get these, these are what I have and I love them.
You get the goggles, one clear lens, one tinted lens, and a microfiber bag that doubles as a cleaning wipe. They are also ballistically rated to a .22cal 17grain projectile at about 800fps if I remember right. Airsoft comes nowhere near that.  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2011 8:48 pm
Capt Buckner CTO
Fresnel
Capt Buckner CTO
Fresnel
Capt Buckner CTO

I doubt anyone would bother to copy a $20 pair of goggles. The lenses are pretty thin... maybe did you take it at an edge? I could see it forcing its way past the seal without actually breaking anything. I took a shot straight in the goggles from about 100 feet yesterday and it didn't even scuff them, so I figured they're good...

Oh well, if it does break through, I've got glasses on underneath. Someday I'll switch to a pair of WileyX SG1's.

Well ********. I guess I'll just have to avoid CQB. Good thing I'm going to be a SAW gunner. Always the last dude in the door.

You get the goggles, one clear lens, one tinted lens, and a microfiber bag that doubles as a cleaning wipe. They are also ballistically rated to a .22cal 17grain projectile at about 800fps if I remember right. Airsoft comes nowhere near that.
I've heard great things about them, and a couple of my friends wear them, but they're out of production. It absolutely kills me that I just paid money for a pair of goggles that I can't use, though.  

Fresnel
Crew

Citizen

Buki_Actual

9,050 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Generous 100
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2011 8:52 pm
Fresnel
Capt Buckner CTO
Fresnel
Capt Buckner CTO
Fresnel
Capt Buckner CTO

I've heard great things about them, and a couple of my friends wear them, but they're out of production. It absolutely kills me that I just paid money for a pair of goggles that I can't use, though.

Wat? Evike still has them in stock.  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2011 9:41 pm
Capt Buckner CTO
Fresnel
Capt Buckner CTO
Fresnel
Capt Buckner CTO

Wat? Evike still has them in stock.
I heard they just recently went out of production, or so says the guy at the local airsoft store. He says he can't get his hands on them any more.  

Fresnel
Crew

Citizen

Requiem ex Inferni

Eloquent Streaker

PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2011 5:45 pm
As promised, pictures of my air rifle:

User Image

For those who didn't see my previous post, it's a Daisy Powerline Model 35. Pump-action, .177 caliber (4.5mm), capable of acting as either a 50-round BB repeater or a single-shot pellet gun. Also depicted is the manual, my ammo (tube holds 350 Daisy Precision Max BBs, bottle holds 1500 Crosman Copperhead BBs, and the circular container has 300 Daisy pellets- 100 each of wadcutter, hollow-point and "armor-piercing"), paper targets, and the old bass guitar case I stash it all in.

Total, all of this has cost me $40 so far, which is cheaper than what my brothers paid for their Powerline 880S.  
Gaia Gun Enthusiasts

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 45 46 47 48

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff