Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Grammar Guild

Back to Guilds

The Gaian Grammar Guild is a refuge for the literate, a place for them to post and read posts without worrying about the nonsensical ones. 

Tags: grammar, literate, english, language 

Reply Gaian Grammar Guild
Salutations, Greetings and Introductions Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 46 47 48 49 50 51 ... 55 56 57 58 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Darkchild06

Business Raider

6,050 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Millionaire 200
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2007 9:44 am
Hello, mu name is Darkchil06 and I am new to this guild, a friend of mine recomended me here so I'll be glad to chat with you guys and correct you if you mispelled something wrong or you can correct me if I mispelled something wrong.  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2007 7:08 pm
Hi. I'm 13 years old. For a while I thought I might go into Law when I left school just so I could argue for things I may or may not believe in. Nah, stuff that, I shall just argue with my peers.

Oh yeah, and my friends call me DubDub. You can call me that, or Monkey-Turtle, or any variations of the above.

I am eternally allied to Song_of_Fire.  

Monkey-Turtle

jfghhhjdfjhfgj

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2007 9:19 pm
Hello, my name is Lilac and since many people are stating their age I might as well, that being I am 13. I have just been accepted into this Guild today and I must say it's a rather nice guild. A guild dedicated to being grammatically correct is pure Heaven.  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2007 9:56 am
Salutations! I just joined this Guild last night. In looking through it, I've realized that I'm not nearly as obsessive about text talk and net speak as I thought I was. Thank you.

My name is Fealty_Fey, though I go by V or Vix. Only literate people or close friends are welcome to use either of those last two name however. I'm fussy about who I allow to call me what & if I don't think they have the right to call me what they do, I generally don't answer them.

I am 24 years old & from East Canada. I've always been an avid reader, apparently since infancy, though I suspect that my folks are exaggerating slightly when they say that. Exaggerations aside, books have been my life until very recently, when I discovered movies. Now I split my time 50/50 between the two, at least, in so much as I am able.

Fantasy is my baby, my obsession, my life. I will read pretty much anything, it's just that I'll read and reread fantasy until I'm going crazy for normal stuff. That's when I read other things, when the fantasy is starting to seem too real. To give me some credit though, transfiguration would be so cool. And Hogwarts. And Dragons. And Elves. And everything of the sort. Not to mention that I still want to fly.

I don't claim perfection when it comes to my grammar and literacy. I just follow the basic simple rules of the English language & hope for the best from there. If it's not legible, it shouldn't be written. What's the point?

I cn d th txt tlk thng f rqrd, bt t rqrs mch mr brn pwr 2 pll ff bcs i lk m vwls. They are really rather important to me. And to my life. They are, after all, the cornerstone of a paragraph. Not to mention that it took me twice as long to type one bloody sentence without vowels as it would have generally.

*flails madly, ranting about insanity and madness*

Have a super day. Cheers! I'm sorry if this is as long as I think it is. I also have a bad habit of being long winded. Cheers again!  

Fealty_Fey

Shiraichi

6,700 Points
  • Beta Treasure Hunter 0
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2007 10:53 pm
Hello everyone.

You may be able to notice at some point in my posts but English is my second language (well, more like third) and if I use any word that is nonsensical in English it could be because I am resorting, without me realizing it, to Spanish or Portuguese.

I love the beauty of typing out words that all together will make more than a sound.

Currently finishing up my B.A. in Spanish. Not going to reveal my age but I did join Gaia back in the 2004 so you do the calculations.

Anyways, hope to make an acquaintance out of everyone!  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2007 8:55 am
Hello!

My name's Melissa in reality, but I'm generally called Kitsune in cyberspace. You'll find that I often screw up the spelling of my words, but alas, that's the precise reason I've joined. I'm tired of looking up every word I want to write down in the dictionary. It just takes too much time. Hopefully you can help me with my spelling somehow.

On a lighter note, I'm currently studying five languages if you include my native tongue of English. I've taken three years of German and one year of French at school, I'm attempting to teach myself Japanese, and I'm also creating my own language, which is called Niora. I love random pms in any of those languages, and I'll be happy to chat with you if you so desire.

Well, that's all I really have to say for an introduction. Thanks for taking the time to listen to my babblings.

Toodles!

Homurakitsune

Sparkly Gekko

timehopper

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2007 12:35 pm
Hello all. I am Timehopper, but you may call me Pudding. biggrin  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2007 9:32 pm
Hello. My friends know me as Sivs in real life, but on Gaia, most people call me Specter. I'm turning 16 in September, and I like sculpture and writing.  

Specter125

Something Cataclysmic

10,100 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Generous 100
  • Conversationalist 100
PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2007 6:32 am
heart Hello!
I can't quite remember when I joined this guild.
I do enjoy it and it is one I'm considering being active in. I'm fifteen years old. My name is Kaylyn; feel free to call me Kaylyn, darkspike132, Kaybear, or K-Mizzle. Whatever dills your pickle.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2007 2:53 pm
Howdy, I'm Lii-Chan but Ya'll can call me Pockstar. I'm simi-literate and learning, I do use "Chat Speak" but only when talking to friends on AIM and only when I need to say something fast. If you see something gramaticly wrong with something I type plese tell me. I hope to stay with you till the end, thank you for allowing me to join.

-Pocky

P.S. I have seen some great grammar horror stories! I'll have to try and refind them so I can share them with everyone. Bye.  

speed2616203260fan

Battle-ready Bibliophile

41,350 Points
  • Campaign Manager 500
  • Grunny Rainbow 100
  • Party Member 100

Organic Shadows

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2007 12:25 pm
Grammatically incorrect or gramaticly wrong? Plese or please? Heh, welcome.  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2007 11:25 pm
Hello. I am Raja. I am a dyslexic person who loves literature. My biggest pet peeve is capitalization mistakes and punctuation mistakes in the forums. I can excuse spelling mistakes because I cannot spell to save my life, but if you are just not trying to spell right, it bugs me. Well, that is me!  

ShadowRaja

TheIridescentOne

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2007 9:07 am
Hello!
I joined this guild a couple weeks ago. Right after that I had started moving, so I'm just now posting.
I will not reveal my real name, but my username is TheIridescentOne. You many call me Iri, Irides, Rii, and Tio.
I am 12 years old. I am semi-literate, and I don't really know how to use chat speak. And leet just gives me a headache when I try to decipher it.

I love to read, and I have loved to read since I first learned how. My favorite book genre is fantasy. I absolutely love reading about dragons, elves, fairys, witches, and all that stuff. Cornelia Funke is one of my favorite authors.

I also love to write, and many of my teachers have said that I write exquisitely, but I don't think so.

I am into anime, and in my entire life, I've seen over 140 different animes.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2007 12:05 pm
Hi there. I'm new to this guild. My sister told me about it so I came here. My sister is heavens_akki. My real name is Laura. There isn't much more to say then that. If you did, then thank you for reading this.  

RedKittyKat

NeglectedNihonjin

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2007 12:22 pm
Salutations! I am an over-literate 15 year old who is sick and tired of people voicing educated opinions with uneducated grammar. I'm willing to debate almost anything, its my idea of a good time!  
Gaian Grammar Guild

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 46 47 48 49 50 51 ... 55 56 57 58 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games