Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry Roleplay Guild

Back to Guilds

A school of magic, based on J.K. Rowling's books. In need of Professors and Students! Join Now for the February - May year! 

Tags: Harry Potter, Hogwarts, Hogsmeade, J.K. Rowling, Roleplay 

Reply Hufflepuff Common Room
Hufflepuff Common Room Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 46 47 48 49 50 51 ... 54 55 56 57 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Did you get the pattern right?
  Yes, it's easy when you know it!
  No, I got drenched!
View Results

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Loving Fortune Seeker 250
  • WilyTrickster 50
PostPosted: Mon Sep 30, 2013 7:06 pm
User Image
Adalaide is...spacespacespacespace
CURRENTLY // Looking Studious in the Common Roomspace
CURRENTLY // single // fancying // loving Chrisspaces
CURRENTLY WITH // Dhyl and Nellspacesp
CURRENTLY FEELING // Nervicitedspacespa
CURRENTLY THINKING // 'Oh, my gosh... what if this looks awful? What if he doesn't like it? What if he does? ... Oh, God.' spacespac
'You didn't have to look my way;
Your eyes still haunt me to this day.'

═════════════════════════════════

Adalaide couldn't really think of a word for how she was feeling right now. She thought she might faint... she was nervous and excited and scared and a million other things all at once. Was she really doing this? It shouldn't be such a big deal, after all, it was just her hair, and they could fix it easily enough if it wasn't right... but she wanted so badly for it to be pretty. And for Chris to like it. If he didn't, she'd change it back in a heartbeat, but... she felt like it might really be pretty on her.

She ground her teeth. Why was this such a big deal? But as soon as the thought crossed her mind, she rolled her eyes at herself. Of course it was a big deal; this wasn't just a decision made because why not? It was something she wanted to do... for Chris. And that made it a big deal. Because even if he didn't expect anything from her or ask anything... she wanted to do something. Something to show that she was there for him. That she was his. And that she could be something for him that he didn't have anywhere else. Maybe it was a little cheesy, but she rather liked the symbolism... she just hoped that he didn't roll his eyes at her or think it was stupid.

'But you did... yes, you did.'

User Image

(( OOC: ))

PostPosted: Mon Sep 30, 2013 7:23 pm
User ImageUser Image

Fifth YearHufflepuffChaserPrefect

Dhylan walked into the Common Room, a soft smile on his face. Ada was already there, looking nervous, and, if his hunch was correct, excited. He walked over to her, then pushed his robes off. With a flick of his wand, his robes folded themselves and laid on the arm of the couch. He untied his tie, throwing it on top of his robes. Finally, he unbuttoned, then removed, his vest. Once he was wearing normal clothes, he grinned. "Aah, the perks of being a man." He grinned, then grabbed his laundry. The long-legged teen ran up the stairs and to his room, only to emerge a few minutes later carrying a backpack and a small washtub. The boy smiled, then fished a hairbrush from the bag. "Here. Brush your beautiful hair."

Wearing
Out Of Character:

Cinnabun Gryffie
Vice Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • WilyTrickster 50
PostPosted: Mon Sep 30, 2013 11:12 pm
User Image
CURRENTLY THINKING // 'Oh, my gosh... what if this looks awful? What if he doesn't like it? What if he does? ... Oh, God.' spacespac

Adalaide gave Dhyl a smile as he passed through, stripping off the outer layer of rather proper clothing for his more casual attire. She realized that she probably didn't want to risk doing anything to damage her uniform, even if she'd be getting a new one next year, and undid the clasps on her corset and shimmied the turtleneck over her head to reveal a sedate camisole underneath. She wasn't particularly worried about her skirt, really, so she didn't bother going to her room for a pair of jeans or pyjama pants. She waited patiently for her friend to return, all the while trying not to talk herself out of this. When he came back with the washtub and bag, she wrinkled her nose a bit, smiling, and gave a small chuckle. "Taking this seriously, eh?" She took the brush, offering a small thank you, and began brushing out the nut-colored locks, wondering how different she'd look when they were golden. As she worked it past the last tangle, thankful that her hair was fine and easy to work through, she glanced at him. "Do... do you think this will look nice? Or am I being silly? I mean, if it's beautiful now..." Ada desperately wanted him to say it'd look lovely, no matter what the color, but surely Chris would have some sort of preference. What if he liked it better brown? She sighed a bit, fingering a lock of her hair, eyeing it carefully, trying to imagine seeing herself with blonde hair. Hair like the sunlight, filtering through the leaves in autumn. She had a very specific color in mind... she hoped they could get it right. And that it looked as pretty as she hoped. How lovely the color turned out was sort of a moot point if it didn't look lovely on her.

User Image

PostPosted: Mon Sep 30, 2013 11:33 pm
User ImageUser Image

Dhylan smirked when Ada asked if he was taking this seriously. "Would you rather I didn't?" He cocked an eyebrow, then ruffled his own hair. She brushed hers, and he watched, a sort of curious fascination. Her hair was so lovely! He cracked a grin at her nervousness, then he sat beside her. The teen took the hairbrush, then gave a light sigh. As he always did with Minn, he gently began brushing Ada's hair. "Ada, you'd look stunning if your hair were purple with green spots. I'm sure it will look just fine. If not, we're magic." He kept brushing, ever so gently, then stopped and laid the brush in his lap as he looked at her. "Tell you what. If I don't make this perfect for you, I'll bleach my hair and leave it all summer. Deal?"

Wearing
Out Of Character:

Cinnabun Gryffie
Vice Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • WilyTrickster 50
PostPosted: Mon Sep 30, 2013 11:42 pm
User Image

Adalaide rolled her eyes a bit at Dhyl, sure that he was exaggerating with the purple hair bit, but smiled, grateful all the same for his vote of confidence. And, he did have a fair point; if it looked awful, it'd be easy enough to fix. If she couldn't do it, her dad certainly could. So, she took a deep breath and pushed all the anxiety and worry away, simply relaxing as he brushed her hair. The idea of the dark-haired boy having stark blonde hair made her giggle. "Oh, no, now, see, we can't both go blonde at the same time. Simply can't. It'd be like showing up at a party wearing the same dress!" She was assailed by a mental image of Dhyl wearing the gown she'd worn to the Masquerade Ball and attempted to suppress the storm of laughter that was threatening to erupt. She tamped it down, thankfully, so that only a couple of chuckles escaped. "So, how are you going to do this? My dad doesn't make beauty potions or anything like that, and I've never learned any charms or anything, so I'm completely at a loss." Ada was, in fact, and it was something she wasn't used to. While not the smartest of her peers, she certainly was smart. Having no scope of knowledge of something made her feel a bit odd... but then, that's why she'd asked Dhyl. He spent enough time reading, he should have at least a cursory knowledge of anything she asked about... well, and he'd sort of been sitting right there.

User Image

PostPosted: Mon Sep 30, 2013 11:56 pm
User ImageUser Image

Dhylan snickered a bit, then playfully swatted at Ada with the brush. "First off, we both know I'd look damn good in a dress. Second, I had no intention of making your hair anything less than perfect." When she asked how he was going to do this, he gave a mysterious smile. "Magic~" He grinned, eyes shimmering like sapphires. Carefully, he slipped his wand free from his pocket. It was time. Equipped with a small comb in his left hand and his wand in his right, the teen set to work. After several long minutes, not to mention countless chants of "Colovaria," he stood in front of her and grinned. Using his wand, Dhyl chanted a few more spells, adding soft waves, just as he remembered his mom doing each morning. Carefully biting his tongue in concentration, the tip peeking out from his lips, he used a few other brushes and combs, then gave a light spray from a small bottle. "There..." The blue eyed boy offered a mirror, a nervous smile on his face.

Wearing
Out Of Character:

Cinnabun Gryffie
Vice Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • WilyTrickster 50
PostPosted: Tue Oct 01, 2013 12:17 am
User Image

Adalaide gave Dhyl a small glare at his 'magic' comment, but it fell through pretty quickly, because she was too busy wondering if Dhyl had ever, in fact, tried on a dress. But, rather than say anything, she closed her eyes and tried to keep them shut while he slowly working on her hair. Each murmur of the spell made her heart thump. She could almost feel her hair lightening, and wondered what it looked like. She thought, at one point, around when he was at the halfway point, how strange she must look, with one half of her head brown and the other half blonde. When the charm he spoke changed, her brow crinkled, her eyes curious under their lids. But, she stayed quiet and kept them closed, waiting until he told her he was done. The light spray sent a shiver up her spine. She peeked just in time to see him holding a mirror out to her. She took it, along with a deep breath, and looked... and smiled. It... it looked lovely! Certainly different, and more than a bit strange... Ada almost felt like she was looking at a stranger, actually. An older stranger. The change in color seemed to have aged her, just a tad, and made her look... sort of sexy, actually, although that was probably less about the color and more about the styling Dhyl had done... she rather liked it. And on that note... "You realize now you're going to have to tell me what you did for these curls and such, right? It's... it's beautiful, Dhyl. Thank you." She saw a lock of curled hair, the exact color of a sunbeam falling through a cloud, out of the corner of her eye, and felt a small thrill at the fact that it was, in fact, her hair. She brushed it behind her ear and stood, hugging Dhyl. "It's perfect! Thank you so much." In spite of her fears and worries, she was actually really happy with the change. It was different... in a good way. Now, she just had to hope that Michelle and her parents didn't completely lose it (see her earlier worry about Michelle trying to talk her out of it because why should she change for Chris... and there was a reason her father didn't make beauty products), and pray that Chris liked it. Actually, she definitely needed to know how Dhyl had done the styling. After all, it was sexier than her usual mostly-straight hair, and if she thought his fangs were sexy... well, she needed something to even the playing field, right?

User Image

PostPosted: Tue Oct 01, 2013 12:30 am
User ImageUser Image

Dhylan bit his lip as Ada examined her hair. When she asked to know all the spells he'd used, the teen let out a breath he hadn't known he'd been holding. At her cry of "It's perfect," he grinned. As she hugged him, her reciprocated, offering her a light squeeze. "It was no trouble at all. In fact, it was quite fun. Promise you'll come to me for your next exciting hair change?" He tried to keep his tone light and teasing, but the smile on his face was one of genuine happiness. He sat beside her again, then grinned. Using a flick of his wand, the produced a notebook and a rather worn looking pen. As he wrote down each spell and what it did, he explained them all. After he had finished, he handed the page to her. "You can try them on my hair, as long as you don't leave me poodle-esque."

Wearing
Out Of Character:

Cinnabun Gryffie
Vice Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • WilyTrickster 50
PostPosted: Tue Oct 01, 2013 12:49 pm
User Image

Adalaide smiled at Dhyl and nodded when he asked her to have him do her hair next time... she chuckled a bit. "I dunno what else I'd do with it. Don't wanna change it too much, you know? I mean, what else is there to do, chop it all off? No way." Ada couldn't even fathom having short hair. It would feel so unnatural! And if he was thinking about her dying it other colors... well, she honestly couldn't think of a color to dye it. The blonde was really pretty. She took the list, looking it over quickly. She hadn't heard of any of these spells... but she figured she could practice and do well enough at them. It was Charms, after all, and that was her best subject, at least as long as wandwork was concerned. She giggled a bit. "Given that I've never done any of this before, I'm not entirely sure I can make that promise. But, hey, if I screw it up, you could probably fix it, right? What's the worst that could happen?" Ada tried to imagine Dhyl's hair in some strange, curled style, but honestly couldn't. She giggled a bit at that. It was easier for her to picture him in a dress than with curly poodle hair. Figures. She gave him another hug. "Thanks again, Dhyl. This is really great." She glanced at the clock and noticed the time, her eyebrows arching. "Wow, it's getting late. We should probably head to bed, gotta be up in the morning for the train, after all." She gave Dhyl a small smile. "Keep in touch? We could probably find time to hang out at Diagon Alley or something." Michelle would probably be with her, of course... but the Slytherin wasn't really as bad as people seemed to think. Especially when she was around Lyv; her little sister seemed to soften her, just a bit. At least, when Lyv wasn't in any danger. When she was, Michelle was downright scary.

User Image

PostPosted: Tue Oct 01, 2013 5:44 pm
Back to the street where we began
Pickin’ up things we shouldn’t read
Feeling as good as lovers can, you know
It looks like the end of history as we know
Yeah we're feeling so good
It’s just the end of the world

User Image
User Image

ρυʀєвℓσσם╰☆╮ Taken by Rose HallUser Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.Prefect User Image

Wearing | Where: Hufflepuff Common Room | With: Ada and Dhylan | Thinking: They did it!| OOC:

`•.¸¸.•´¯`•.¸¸.•´
Nell walked into the common room still buzzing from excitement from the good news she'd acquired from her family when she noticed a girl sitting by Dhyl and grinned. Sneaky sneaky got himself a lady friend! She snuck up behind the pair with a mischievous glint in her eyes and poked the top of his head in a greeting. "So what's this I see? Sneaky Dhyl sitting and enjoying his company wit-OHMYGODSISTHATADA?!" the poor girl's eyes practically popped out their sockets. Her once sleek, straight, brown hair was a golden crown of curls waves and and and....awesome! "Aww! You guys did the thing! And without me!" Nell's pout wasn't as effective since she was still beaming and lightly touching her friend's new hairdo.
`•.¸¸.•´¯`•.¸¸.•´

Into a room where it's nine in the afternoon
And your eyes are the size of the moon
You could 'cause you can so you do
We're feeling so good
just the way that we do
'Cause it's nine in the afternoon

Yukina101
Crew

Surefire Codger

13,950 Points
  • Vocalizing Hisser 25
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Friend of the Goat 100

Cinnabun Gryffie
Vice Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100
PostPosted: Tue Oct 01, 2013 6:00 pm
User ImageUser Image

Dhylan lifted an eyebrow at the phrase "chop it off." He placed one fist on his hip, then gave a surprisingly stern look. "Nope. I forbid you to cut your hair. It's too pretty. Heather chopped hers off and I almost thwacked her. I like playing with your hair too much. Cutting it might simply destroy me. There are only a few girls I'd even mention this to, much less implore them to let their hair grow. You, Nell, Remy, Heather, and Minn. I swear! You all have fantastic hair." Little did he know of the brunette who now had painfully short hair. He adjusted his stance, lightly crossing his arms, before adapting a teasing glance. He gently adjusted one of Ada's curls, then smirked at her worry. "Eh. Normal, sane people would say it's just hair.... I'm neither of those. I love my hair. Perhaps we can get someone to volunteer." Just as Ada was telling him she was ready for bed, another female voice sounded. As he turned to face the person, his silky hair flipped lightly, landing perfectly down. "Yes it's Ada! Do you like it?" Nell seemed to be her usual, energetic self, making the boy smirk a bit. At her mention of feeling a bit excluded, the tall boy stepped over to her, then wrapped her in a tight hug for a few seconds, before releasing her.
"I can do your hair too?"

Wearing
Out Of Character:

PostPosted: Fri Nov 08, 2013 1:04 pm
User Image

User ImageUser ImageLocation: Hufflepuff Common Room

Chloe was sitting in the common room on one of the chairs with her feet swung over one of the arms. Looking at a book on her lap she was studying one of the many classes she had owls for. History of Magic actually and her attention was taken from it when she noticed the posting for Quidditch tryouts. 'Chasers needed...' That's what it said. Chloe would love to help but for once it pained her to say she couldn't.

Reading the announcement Chloe felt as if she was letting her house down for not helping. Thing was she was deathly afraid of heights. If she could have gotten out of taking flying in first year she would have. Simple as that she wanted no part in flying but then that part of her that knew they were despite for members at times made her hate herself for not helping out when all she had to do was get on a broom again.

Even her brother couldn't get her on a broom... 'Now I'm totally not in the mood to study...' Chloe thought leaning her head back wishing she could just crawl under a rock and die.

With: Me, myself, and I

Wearing: Red and Blue Study Time

OOC: ---  

murruelecreuset
Crew

Beloved Vampire

9,900 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Waffles! 25
  • Team Jacob 100

Squeeky Luff

1,750 Points
  • Member 100
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Thu Nov 14, 2013 10:14 pm
User Image

User Image
"The violin plays a soft melody,
as my mind starts to feel ease.
Let the music wash over my soul,
make my mind pure and whole.
Let me be renewed."

Victor was sitting down on a couch in the common room. He had asked Ariana if she could meet him here.
Would she come? He...sorta needed advice.

The frenchman then thought of what his father would say, and he shook his head.
He couldn't get these...thoughts of Del out of his head, and he didn't know why.

I feel nervous you know?
My inner thoughts are, "Nnn...."
I'm in the house of Hufflepuff.
I am a proud second year
My puppeteer says "..." Out of character.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 14, 2013 10:45 pm
User Image
User Image

((OOC: outfit in picture))

User Image

Ariana made her way to the common room. Victor asked her to meet him because he needed advice, so the prefect did what she thought she should and agreed. The redhead stepped into the room and immediately spotted the French boy's pink hair. "Hey, Victor. You wanted to talk?" she asked, plopping down on the cushion next to the second year. She was all ears; ready to listen. The girl hadn't any idea what Victor needed advice about, but that didn't mean she wasn't going to help.

User Image

kiska166
Crew

Devoted Winner

Squeeky Luff

1,750 Points
  • Member 100
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Thu Nov 14, 2013 10:57 pm
User Image

User Image
"The violin plays a soft melody,
as my mind starts to feel ease.
Let the music wash over my soul,
make my mind pure and whole.
Let me be renewed."

Victor had amused himself with writing words in the air with his wand, watching as they faded away.
He then drew a rather poorly done picture of Del and smiled at it, then frowned when it too faded.

That was when he noticed Ariana and waved to her with his other hand, the one that wasn't missing any digits or currently scarred beyond belief due to Grindylow allergies.
"Bonjour Ariana~" He greeted with a smile when she sat down next to him, it felt really awkward to talk about this, but he needed to get this sorted out.

"...Umm...Oui...I wanted to...It's about umm..." He then blushed as he tried to say the words, "Well...I made a...friend...and uh we bonded. It was during zat festival?"
He then looked down, "Well...he and I quickly made friends which I was happy with."

Victor then touched his clips, "He even gave me these~" Victor then blushed again at the memory, "A-anyway...We met again and uh...got to know each-other and..umm..." He was blushing hard now, "He kissed my hand...then we went to the gardens and uh...talked and he kissed me goodbye."

The Frenchman then sighed as he collected himself, "S-so...I got all fuzzy and warm inside...and I wa shaving these uh...thoughts, you know?" He then glanced up at Ariana, "Umm...I was wondering why. Am..I..uh..sick or something?"

Victor then blushed as he finished his hurried explanation.

I feel fluttery you know?
My inner thoughts are, "It's nice to uh talk..."
I'm in the house of Hufflepuff.
I am a proud second year
My puppeteer says "..." Out of character.

kiska166

Hufflepuff Common Room

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 46 47 48 49 50 51 ... 54 55 56 57 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces