Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry Roleplay Guild

Back to Guilds

A school of magic, based on J.K. Rowling's books. In need of Professors and Students! Join Now for the February - May year! 

Tags: Harry Potter, Hogwarts, Hogsmeade, J.K. Rowling, Roleplay 

Reply Great Hall
Staff Table Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 46 47 48 49 50 51 ... 74 75 76 77 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

VixenViVi

Desirable Vampire

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2012 6:15 pm

User Image

Headmistress

ιηαяι εvεяηιgнт

мσσ∂ ---& {Thrilled}
<--- sтяιρ мε ηαкε∂

❝I'm just a bad girl, that's why we get along❞

❝Won't make excuses for anything I'm doing wrong❞

❝I'll pull the trigger in a flash❞

User Image

Jack seemed to get along well enough. Everyone was welcoming as she expected."We'll you seem to fit right in here Jack." She drank down the last of her cup and set it back down on the table."Now I must retire to my office, if anyone needs me please don't hesitate to visit. Also Jack I will need you to come sign a contract when you have a moment, and your room should be ready for your use when you please." Standing she made her way out of the great hall. A smile on her face as she new she'd have a visit some point in the night.

User Image

❝Watch out honey, step back❞

User ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser Image
PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 12:00 am

((Edited))

User Image
User Image

Jack nodded at Becky, "Becky. Got it,"

He then smirked when Loretta tried to defend herself. It was always entertaining to him whenever he caught someone off guard and twisted their words into meanings they had no intentions of. It made him laugh, how quickly Loretta was trying to reassure him that that was not her intention. She was a cute thing. Very bookish, however, he noted as she gathered her books. Loretta excused herself and Jack frowned visibly, "Going already? I hope I didn't upset you," he smiled and continued, "Thank you for the offer, Loretta,"

He would have to find out where she was staying. She was not an Inari, but he always had a thing for the smart ones. They knew many things and were interested in learning new things too. His mind went wild at that thought, and he dreamily looked after Loretta, his mind wandering into dark crevices.

It was Inari's voice that reminded him where he was. That voice that sent shivers down Jack's spine and reminded him of when he could feel his heart beat faster in his chest. The need for this woman... it nearly consumed Jack and he needed to take a deep breath before responding to her statement, "Understood, Headmistress," his voice was slightly hoarse and anyone who was even remotely paying attention to him might have seen through his plastered smirk that he was trying to hold himself together. It was his only way of keeping himself from completely losing it.

When she got up to leave, Jack leaned back in his chair, the smirk setting in deeper. He loved the way this woman walked. No, it was more of a strut. She owned the place and she showed it. Jack's eyes didn't leave her backside for a second as she made her way out of the Great Hall. If his heart could beat, it would break his chest.

Which reminded him... he still hadn't fed in a while. His stomach growled, despite his shoving the rest of the biscuit down his throat. It was no use, but he could pretend to be normal for now. No need to worry the staff, especially after the incident that the woman from earlier (she hadn't introduced herself, Jack thought, how rude) was describing. Yup, he could pretend to be normal.

"If you all will excuse me," he stood abruptly, wiping the crumbs of the biscuit off his lap, "I have some business to attend to. It was a pleasure meeting all of you. I look forward to working alongside all of you," he smiled and nodded to each professor. He grabbed his coat and threw it on before making his way out. ((Exit to Offices))

Currently...
What I'm thinking: Dat. a**.
What I'm doing: Being a perv
Who I'm with: Every student and professor
Where I am: Great Hall, exiting to Offices

Vampire Toy

Fashionable Pumpkin

9,375 Points
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • First step to fame 200
  • Partygoer 500

VixenViVi

Desirable Vampire

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 12:06 pm

User Image

ʻHer bone structure screamsʼ

ʻTouch her! Touch her!ʼ

ʻAnd she's got the curse of curvesʼ

Kat noticed the abruptly new caretaker. He was cute but she didn't like having to fight to be the biggest flirt in the room. She sent a smile his way and returned her attention to Grayson."Well dear, i think I might retire and I hope you'll join me." She rose and leaned down to give him a kiss on the cheek, her hand trailing over his chest and shoulder as she walked around his chair and towards the end of the great hall. "See you soon I hope." Making sure to walk with a shake to her step.

ʻI want someone provocative and talkativeʼ

ʻBut it's so hard when you're shallow as a showerʼ

ʻAnd from what I've heard with skin you'll winʼ

User Image
PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 5:29 pm

User Image

User Image

Jack walked into the Great Hall, hands in his pockets, with a big yawn. He was later than he'd like to be, but he was so tired nowadays. And to make an appearance in the morning... this was early in a vampire's schedule. He rubbed his eyes and made sure to avoid any lights streaming in from the windows. The sound of silverware scratching on porcelain plates and silver platters made his ears bleed, but he simply slumped into his chair. He sprawled out, his head hanging forward in sleepiness.

The owls flew around him, dropping mail and parcels to their owners. The sound of wings and owl screeches echoed in his head. Why was everything so loud at this time of the day? The sound of plates and goblets clinking together, the children chattering, and the sounds of owls now.

He pulled his hands out of his pockets, one of which was tied up in bandages from his recent trek into the Forbidden Forest. It hadn't healed quite yet, and it stung whenever it brushed up against something else. He reached for his goblet, "The strongest thing you've got," he muttered to the table, hoping the house-elves below would be kind and get him something hard.

The goblet filled up with some wine. That was probably the hardest it was going to get. He raised his eyebrow and sighed. It was the best they had, so he couldn't complain. Lifting the goblet and taking a sip, he looked around at everyone present. Hardly any professors this morning which was odd, especially for a vampire. If he could get his sleeping body out of his bed and fight against what his nature wanted him to do to come to breakfast, what was their excuse?

An owl flew over his head and dropped a letter on his empty plate. Luckily, Jack hadn't been hungry yet or else the letter would have been stewing in scrambled eggs. Gingerly, he picked up the letter. On the front, it had his name written extravagantly in red ink. There was only one person who would have written him a letter, Jack thought. He took the goblet and downed the wine; he was going to need it. When the goblet was drained, Jack placed it down and turned the envelope over to open it.

Currently...
What I'm thinking: It's loud in here... oh, a letter
What I'm doing: Opening the letter
Who I'm with: Just myself and students
Where I am: Great Hall

Vampire Toy

Fashionable Pumpkin

9,375 Points
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • First step to fame 200
  • Partygoer 500

Ghost_Rios

Dangerous Husband

10,600 Points
  • Survivor 150
  • Battle: Rogue 100
  • Married 100
PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 5:54 pm

~John Filkins~
~Advance Flying and Quidditch Ref~
~Former Gryffindor~

User Image

John walked into the great hall. Right arm in a sling. Sighing he took his seat at the very end. Spirit was resting. Catching bludgers... worst idea ever. Adjusting his strap he took a drink from his goblet. Taking some painkillers for his arm. He sighed. He wanted to see Akira. They never really got to talk.
PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2012 6:33 pm

User Image

User Image

The letter read as follows:

User Image

Jack read it and reread it, trying to see if there were any other meanings behind the words that Strike wrote. His master was like that. Always had something else in mind. He was conniving and ruthless, and honestly terrified Jack. If Strike decided to come here, it might be dangerous for everyone. Students and professors were in danger, and it would be because of Jack's current 'condition'.

No, he would have to face Strike, and simply show him his progress. There was no getting around it. Strike would show up even if Jack didn't write back. He would walk in with that evil smirk that was beyond humor and jesting, asking Jack how he was doing. He would be disappointed in Jack for not helping to grow the family. Jack leaned back in his chair as these thoughts raced, the letter in one limp hand.

He could notify the headmistress, but that might cause too much alarm. Or meet Strike outside of the castle... but then Strike would know that Jack was trying to protect the 'humans'. There was no easy way to do this, he thought to himself as he rubbed his chin. Jack was in a tight spot.

Currently...
What I'm thinking: It's loud in here... oh, a letter
What I'm doing: Opening the letter
Who I'm with: Just myself and students
Where I am: Great Hall

Vampire Toy

Fashionable Pumpkin

9,375 Points
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • First step to fame 200
  • Partygoer 500

Vampire Toy

Fashionable Pumpkin

9,375 Points
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • First step to fame 200
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 7:00 pm

User Image

Jack entered the Great Hall, looking more awake then he ever had. Usually, whenever he walked into the Great Hall, it was because he was supposed to make an appearance at breakfast. He didn't want people asking questions. If they saw that he was moving around during the day, then they couldn't say anything about him being a vampire, right? Of course, if he continued to do it everyday, there would be consequences. So, he only went when he could.

At least the closing ceremony was being held at night. It was traditional to have the ceremony be at night. Dinner would be served as soon as the Headmistress had finished announcing the cups for the year. The fact that Jack was able to attend and was more awake than he had ever been at that table made him sort of happy. He hated walking in with his groggy eyes and endless yawning.

Of course, he was also glad that the year was over, so that he and Cinq could train a bit more. At this point, the fledgling was able to control his strength, so he could spend more time with his family without being too worried of hurting any of them. Cinq also didn't seem like the type of person to lose his temper easily either, which was a plus when you had vampire strength.

Jack plopped down in his chair, leaned back, and waited for the Headmistress to grace them with her words. He was still a bit sore about the topic of her, considering she had been so busy this year. It was almost as though Jack had fallen from her mind. It hurt, but he was sure she was busy with her duties as headmistress. Besides, he had been pretty busy as well this past year.

User Image
PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 7:10 pm

User Image
▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆
▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆
▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆
▒▒▒▒▒▒

Kenny entered the room with a passive look on his face. He wasn't too excited to be here, and he wasn't too upset either. It brought back pleasant memories, to an extent, and at least it meant that the school year was ending. He was just happy to be rid of these kids. Most of them were so useless, Kenny had no idea how they had managed to make it this far.

Despite this, Fino couldn't argue with results. Some students had proven themselves as skilled, and he was - admittedly - excited to see their progress the following year. He would not, ever, baby them and hold their hands along the way, but he would teach them the core idea of Transfiguration and let them loose. Show them the sidelines, the rules, the parameters. Because, when you take away the flashy stuff that made Transfiguration oh, so interesting, you're always left with the fundamentals of it. The formula was consistent, never changing. And the students that had wanted to be carried along the way of this discovery didn't deserve his pity.

He seated himself a few seats away from Jack Terran. He had not spoken to the man before, their paths hardly crossing at all this school year. Kenny had had very little time socializing with anyone outside of snot-nosed kids. It had made him feel a little alone, but he still sent letters to his family who wrote back to him excitedly asking about his job. He had once tried to explain how Transfiguration worked to them, but found that there was hardly a Muggle equivalence. So, he had showed them instead. That had been a fun day.

▒▒▒▒▒▒
▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆
▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆
▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆
User Image

Vampire Toy

Fashionable Pumpkin

9,375 Points
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • First step to fame 200
  • Partygoer 500

BeaterBeast525

Timid Werewolf

5,750 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Cats vs Dogs 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 10:44 am

User Image
~Professor Akira Astra~
|Arithmancy Professor | Former Gryffindor | Quidditch Fanatic |

═━Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ ━═

Another year had come and gone. Akira stepped into the Great Hall and looked around at all of the students. Some of them seemed eager to leave and get home to their families, while some looked sad that they had to leave the school. Her year had been relatively good. She had a class of highly intelligent third year girls, all of which impressed her this term. She had yet to meet her fourth year student, however. Had something happened to him? Did he fall ill? Was his family alright? All of these questions soon dispersed as she approached the Staff table. There were only two professors there, and she didn't know them at all. It still amazed her how people could be working in the same building, on the same floor even, and not know each others names at least. Sitting down at equal distances between the men, she glanced at them both. "Good evening. I don't think we've been introduced, but I'm Akira Astra. I govern over the Arithmancy classes." she said, trying to sound polite. Her stomach growled, anxiously waiting for the food that would soon be in front of her.

{OOC:}

═━Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ ━═
PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 10:21 pm

User Image

Headmistress

ιηαяι εvεяηιgнт

мσσ∂ ---& {Thrilled}
<--- sтяιρ мε ηαкε∂

❝I'm just a bad girl, that's why we get along❞

❝Won't make excuses for anything I'm doing wrong❞

❝I'll pull the trigger in a flash❞

User Image

Inari stalked into the great hall, going down the center tables to her podium. She was not there early as per normal due to the amount of issues she'd had to deal with lately. She was dressed as her station would require and as always looked beautiful yet fierce. Taking her spot at the podium, the room quickly quieted. Smiling over the hall, she started."I'm proud to say we have had another great year here at Hogwarts, and I thank each and everyone of you for being apart of it. Congratulations are in order, so lets to started. Firstly I'd like to say wonderful job to our Ravenclaw house team for winning the Quidditch Cup!" She paused for applause, and then continued."Secondly I'd like to congratulate Professor Fino, though he is new to our great staff, he was done a wonderful job and has been deemed Professor of the Year!"She announce and gestured towards the man she spoke of. Waiting once more for the applause to stop, she went on."Now lastly, what you all really want to know. This year, the winner of the House Cup is, Hufflepuff!! Wonderful job this year!"She pointed her wand at the banners and they changed to display the hufflepuff house colors."Once again it was lovely to have you all here for another great year, for those of you leaving us, we hope you find all that you desire and do wish you to come back and visit your Hogwarts family, and to those of you returning next year, have a great break and we can't wait to see you once more! Now let us eat!" Inari motioned to the tables and they filled with food. A smile on her face she made her way over to the large chair reserved for herself, happy to have a moments rest.

User Image

❝Watch out honey, step back❞

User ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser Image

VixenViVi

Desirable Vampire

Vampire Toy

Fashionable Pumpkin

9,375 Points
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • First step to fame 200
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 12:45 pm

User Image
▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆
▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆
▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆
▒▒▒▒▒▒

Kenny raised his eyebrows when he was announced Professor of the Year. At first, he wondered if this was a trick, but why would the staff, the headmistress herself, try to trick him? He shrugged. At least he won an award. His first year here too. Interesting.

He took the certificate and looked at it. This was his copy. Another would be stored in the trophy room for future generations to see. It was so strange for Kenny to have been awarded something, despite his hate towards teaching ignorant children. Apparently, however, it seemed most appreciated his method, and it encouraged him to continue his method.

Well, the method of not holding children's hands along the way. And, next year, he would be starting from the beginning of the year, instead of a few weeks in. Things would be different. Rules could be explained earlier. Points could be made for students to understand. This year had been an awkward adjustment, even for the professor himself.

▒▒▒▒▒▒
▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆
▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆
▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆
User Image
PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 1:00 pm

User Image

"A pleasure to meet you, Miss Astra," Jack smiled seductively, "I'm Jack Terran, the Caretaker," he was about to go on speaking to this professor, when there was a shift in the air. His heart dropped, dead in his chest. He looked around, becoming distracted from this Akira professor.

Approaching, like a mist in the night, was Inari. If his heart could beat, it would have been pounding through his veins. She commanded the room as she entered, as she spoke. Her voice controlled him, and he was helpless. It rung through his ears and brought him back to the last night he had been with her. Many months ago, and she had known what creature he was.

Had she, all this time, simply avoided him? Was it because he was a vampire and she was afraid of him? Strike would have said yes, and told Jack - Arachnid - to stay away from relationships with humans. Especially with the Headmistress of Hogwarts. This was just a mess of trouble, but that was probably why he enjoyed it. It was probably why Inari had considered it. She was a Slytherin looking for trouble, and he was a former Hufflepuff who always had trouble find him. It was a destiny he could not escape.

Try as he might, however, he could not tear his eyes away from her. What force of power did she command over his still heart?

User Image

Vampire Toy

Fashionable Pumpkin

9,375 Points
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • First step to fame 200
  • Partygoer 500

a porg
Vice Captain

Anxious Astronomer

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2013 8:27 pm

User ImageUser Image

Had the summer gone already? It must have, for tonight was the night of the sorting feast. Tonight, all the bustling little first years would come in through the doors with a myriad of thoughts. Some of them would be anxious, some of them would be excited. All of them had futures that would be molded here at Hogwarts.

Arriving before most of the students, and surprisingly most of the staff, Pandora stood silently looking at the glasses that measured the house points. They were empty now, but soon they would start to fill. She hoped that her house would win the house cup this year. She hoped they would win the Quidditch cup as well. As a professor, she did influence the house cup, but she never showed any favoritism toward the house that she was in charge of. That wouldn't be very fair.

Making her way over to the table, she noticed a few students walking in. She smiled at them, but they seemed to busy to notice. At least they weren't part of her house. Or at least, she didn't think they were. As she took her seat, Pandora let out a small sigh. She was quite hungry, and there was still a long time to go before food would arrive.

User Image
PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2013 4:07 pm

User Image
User Image
Happily Taken Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ Former Hufflepuff Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ Herbology Professor

We could be the stars Falling from the sky

═━┈┈━══━┈┈━══━┈┈━═

ᗩᒪϒᔕᔕᗩ entered the Great Hall with Ian by her side. It was just as she remembered it to be, lit up with floating candles and an image of the night sky. Approaching the staff table, she sat down next to a woman with dark hair and eyes to match. Quite the opposite of herself, with light colored hair and paler eyes. "Hello. My name is Alyssa Goldwind, Herbology Professor for years first through third." she greeted. Then, the sorting ceremony began. Aly say quietly, watching students be placed in Gryffindor, Slytherin, Ravenclaw, and her own house of Hufflepuff. When her son's name was called, she gave her husband's hand a light squeeze, and waited for the hat to call out his house. "Ravenclaw!" it had said, and Alyssa smiled. "A good choice for him, I would say. What do you think, dear? Our boy, a Ravenclaw." she said, turning to Ian. She knew he would do well there. He was a brilliant boy, in more ways than one.

═━┈┈━══━┈┈━══━┈┈━═

Shining how we want Brighter than the sun

BeaterBeast525

Timid Werewolf

5,750 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Cats vs Dogs 100
  • Gaian 50

a porg
Vice Captain

Anxious Astronomer

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2013 4:19 pm

User ImageUser Image

The professor watched the sorting carefully. There were quite a few additions to her own house already. They all seemed to be pretty good students, but only time would tell if that would hold to be true. Pandora trusted the Hat with its judgement. It did pretty well with herself after all, and all the students she had met seemed to be happy where they were.

As a woman with blonde hair entered the Hall, Pandora looked to see how it was. She had never seen the woman around before. She took a seat next to Pandora and introduced herself. The professor laughed. "Well that's a good bit of information to know!" she exclaimed, as she slowly stopped laughing. "I am Pandora Thorne, Herbology Professor for fifth through seventh years and Head of Hufflepuff. Pleasure to meet you," the woman said, extending her hand. It was good to know who she would be sharing the greenhouses with.

User Image
Great Hall

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 46 47 48 49 50 51 ... 74 75 76 77 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games