Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry Roleplay Guild

Back to Guilds

A school of magic, based on J.K. Rowling's books. In need of Professors and Students! Join Now for the February - May year! 

Tags: Harry Potter, Hogwarts, Hogsmeade, J.K. Rowling, Roleplay 

Reply The Forbidden Forest, the Lake, and Surrounding Area
The Black Lake Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 46 47 48 49 50 51 ... 174 175 176 177 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

SilentlyVicious

PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2011 2:56 pm
EMRYS VICT

----------§----------

----------§----------

The dreams in which I'm dying are the best I've ever had.

----------§----------

----------§----------

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Emrys shook the girl's hand, repeating the name to himself so he wouldn't forget it. He laughed lightly at her apology and rub his head slightly. "Yeah, you're right. Not the best, but its okay. We'll just blame the nerves." He replied with a smile.

Following her gaze, Emrys stared out across the dark lake. The lights from the giant castle reflected off of the water but everything else remained black. He couldn't help but wonder if something or someone might be staring at him. The thought gave him a chill and sent chills up and down his spine, his skin covered in goosebumps.

{~~~~~~~~FIRST YEAR~~~~~~~~} {~~~~~~~~UNSORTED~~~~~~~~}

User Image

PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2011 3:11 pm

phinelia von ichval
User Image
User Image
User Image
first year - unsorted

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ▬▬▬▬▬▬ ▬▬
“In the country of the blind, the one-eyed man is king.”
– Desiderius Erasmus
“The haft of the arrow had been feathered with one of the eagle’s own plumes. We often give our enemies the means of our own destruction.”
– Aesop
“There is only one good, knowledge, and one evil, ignorance.”
– Socrates
“If the brain were so simple we could understand it, we would be so simple we couldn’t.”
– Lyall Watson

╔══════════════════╗

The cold stone she could see creating the walls and towers of the overlooking structure. its points and roofs that seemed to pierce the ever darkening sky with their candle-flickering light. Its dark details became more and more numerous to Phi's hungry eyes the longer she marveled at it.
She imagined herself in the building. Walking up and down those spiraling towers, into the grand hall she could imagine in the belly of the beast. She traced slowly the path she would take from the inside, letting her mind spiral beautiful images of the unknown.
Then, suddenly, as she did so it felt like song was being woven into her thoughts. She refocused on her physical self and blinked in concentration, feeling like she had slipped out of a trance. From this point of reality, the castle looked strangely smaller. Though none less incredible.

Phi turned her brilliant red head and looked over her shoulder to the boy seated next to Colton. He had risen and was carefully standing high above the other sitting member's of the boat. He was the source of the song. The
silky words. She listened and stared up at him with bright eyes, smiling as she quickly recognized his recited piece.
She continued to look at him and allowed the words again to swim around her and weave into her mind like ribbon. Though once he finished and chuckled she could not help but softly clap as he carefully placed himself back in his seat.
"Nacy Rakovszky." She smiled gently at Ronyo, only now giving the boy a well-deserved look.
"It is as if she knew of this place. Of this magic." momentarily she marveled in the emotion Muggle literature evoked along with the boy.Now, that she had this world of physical, truthful magic, the poems and stories she had from her childhood seemed even more incredible and beautiful.

╚══════════════════╝

Pale Mist

NarwhalTears

3,900 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Voter 100
PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2011 3:17 pm
User Image

User Image

Listening into the silence that seemed to contain the lake, Echo picked up on a conversation that was being held in a boat near theirs.Some of the students were discussing the sorting process and which house they thought they would be in. A smile crossed Echo's face as she turned back to the green eyed boy next to her.

"Hey, have you thought about which house you will get sorted into? I hear that you have to go through some sort of test before they let you into the school." She bit her lip again as doubt washed over her. What if you don't pass? Do they send you back home on the train? How embarrassing that would be. Trying to block out her thoughts she stared into the boys eyes and awaited his reply.

User Image

PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2011 3:23 pm
Black Lake/ First Year Boats
Ronyo Storm - Unsorted
First Year

"Indeed. Perhaps in a dream she saw it herself, a shadow upon a mountain top dotted with candle light hovering over a glistening lake that seemed like a second night sky," Ronyo ever so gently leaned himself over the boats edge and touched the lake for but a moment and watched the ripples pulse out, "Amazing what the smallest of ideas can become, like the ripples in a lake that slowly grow and expand into something beyond the tiny moment of its creation."

With that Ronyo leaned back in the boat a bit and reclined as best he could with his arm resting on the side of the vessel. The boy kind of wished he had something of his own to read at this point for the wait on the boats was almost as bad as the wait on the platform. Ronyo could understand why some of the new students seemed ready to swim to the castle but then patients was a virtue, if not one of the hardest to learn.  

Ronyo Storm

Werewolf

8,900 Points
  • Guildmember 100
  • Survivor 150
  • Autobiographer 200

Odin Moon

Liberal Nerd

8,800 Points
  • Nerd 50
  • Senpai's Notice 100
  • Battle: Rogue 100
PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2011 3:46 pm
User Image

Drake pulled out a muggle notebook that was hidden under his robes, along with a pencil that he had stashed away in his pants. He decided that the ride to the castle was too long and there should be a stop to it.

But what to draw, he thought to himself looking at the his hand and smiled making the same hand sign that he had when Dillon kissed him. It would be in his first letter home, as a present for him.

He set to the outline of the hand curving around the fingers and started on the background, making the wood grain on the edge of the boat look remarkable. The pencil curved slightly as he added detail to the wood.

He added another line to the hand itself and smiled, “Perfect.” he said feeling his eyes shift to a green color that was a symbol of pure happiness. He laughed a little causing a disturbance in a few boats.

He slid the notebook and pencil away when people started noticing him, and smiled to himself as his eyes adjusted colors again.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2011 3:47 pm

phinelia von ichval
User Image
User Image
User Image
first year - unsorted

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ▬▬▬▬▬▬ ▬▬
“In the country of the blind, the one-eyed man is king.”
– Desiderius Erasmus
“The haft of the arrow had been feathered with one of the eagle’s own plumes. We often give our enemies the means of our own destruction.”
– Aesop
“There is only one good, knowledge, and one evil, ignorance.”
– Socrates
“If the brain were so simple we could understand it, we would be so simple we couldn’t.”
– Lyall Watson

╔══════════════════╗

Phi watched the boy dreamily speak of the imagination and the incomprehensible course of the human imagination. Of the dreams and the thoughts and ideas that pass by for a second and leave something behind; something to build on and create a...well a magnificent castle of wonder.
"Everything needs a source. But what it needs is also a guardian. To make sure our biggest ideas are not too faded." She mused watching the ripple the boy had created. As is pulsed out and gradually began to fade until the energy seemingly vanished.

She looked up to see that he had turned back to face his fellow boating-members. She smiled softly and noticed his eyes falling on her books. Whether a conscience action or not.
"Would you like to borrow one?" She closed her's and took the other two and spread them on her lap so he could read the titles; Chopin in Paris, Basics Hexes and Enchantments: Level One, and (the one she had been reading) The Bound Man.

╚══════════════════╝

Pale Mist

SilentlyVicious

PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2011 4:06 pm
EMRYS VICT

----------§----------

----------§----------

----------§----------

----------§----------

Hearing the sound of Echo's voice snapped Emrys out of his imagination where he was envisioning some horrible lake monsters over-turning their boat and eating them bit by bit, the sounds of crunching bones filling the air. 'That was weird.' He thought, shaking his head and letting her question enter his thought process finally. He raised an eyebrow, unsure of what she meant. "What do you mean? I'm new here. Just last week I was playing in a sandbox only dreaming of some place like this." He admitted, realizing a little too late that he probably should have kept that all to himself. Clearing his throat, he sat uncomfortably and fidgeted a little bit.

It was true, though. He hadn't heard about this place until he got a letter in the mail inviting him to be a part of the school. At first, Emrys couldn't believe it and finding nothing about it in any of his books, he ignored the first letter, only to get a second one. Looking at the letter, Emrys decided to talk to his parents, and even they couldn't say anything about this school. He figured he'd take a look and figure it all out, and then decide what to do.

User Image

PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2011 5:15 pm
jane Abigail doyle
User Image
Jane truly was amazed by the magnificent castle but again she was starting to feel out of place. She wished she could be like Phi and just start reading but she didn't even have a book. She sighed slightly, barely loud enough for anyone to hear. Jane dipped her sweaty hand into the cold water and let it slide through the water making the moon light glint of it. She let her hand hang there deep in thought. It just felt weird, everyone knew what was going on. All of them but Phi had grown up in wizarding families. Jane knew basically everything there was to know but she didn't feel like adding any of it to the conversation. She had know completely stopped listening and was not sure if people were talking to here.

Maiya Kajuji

Beloved Bloodsucker

10,625 Points
  • Team Edward 100
  • First step to fame 200
  • Team Jacob 100

Ronyo Storm

Werewolf

8,900 Points
  • Guildmember 100
  • Survivor 150
  • Autobiographer 200
PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2011 6:21 pm
Black Lake/ First Year Boats
Ronyo Storm - Unsorted
First Year

"You sure you're not a Legilimens, you have my gratitude Phi. I shall be sure to hand it back once we reach the other side," Ronyo looked at the two books and took note of the one Phi had been reading, not wanting to interrupt the girl should she still care to delve into that one Ronyo reached for the one on enchantments, "Can never hurt to have a bit of extra knowledge when going to an institute of learning."

Ronyo gave the girl a final nod still expressing his thanks for the chance to quill the time that seemed to be slowing passing by. He could see the book had been flipped through a good time or two, and it seemed to have other subtle hints of being the personal book of another. Ronyo did his best not to do anything overly harsh to the book considering it was not his. As he thumbed through some of the spells and the ideas and theories behind them Ronyo wondered how long it would be before they were casting some of these very spells. The thought was exciting and had Ronyo produce a quick sigh of hopefulness towards the future adventures to come.  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2011 7:59 pm
User Image

User Image

Shock replaced the smile on her face. "Wow! This must be so amazing for you!" In her excitement she rocked the boat some and water splashed. She looked at the water that pooled in the bottom of the boat and returned to the way she had been seated. "Oops..." She shrugged it off and continued.

"Yeah! We get to go through this big long sorting process to decide which house at Hogwarts we will be in. There are four different houses; Gryffindor, Ravenclaw, Hufflepuff, and Slytherin."
She paused for a moment to think.

"I've heard it said that there is kind of a stigma about the Slytherin house. Apparently, witches and wizards in that house are more prone to being selfish and arrogant. Voldemort himself was a Slytherin ya kno..."

User Image

NarwhalTears

3,900 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Voter 100

SilentlyVicious

PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2011 8:21 pm
EMRYS VICT
----------§----------
----------§----------
----------§----------
----------§----------

Emrys gripped the rails of the boat tightly as it rocked to Echo's over excitement and shock. 'It is pretty shocking.' He told himself as the boat finally settled and he listened to Echo explain the sorting and different houses. He paused a moment and raised an eyebrow towards her. "Volde-who?" He asked, shaking his head and trying to make sense of things. "So, what about you? What house are you hoping for?"

User Image

PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2011 8:36 pm
User Image

User Image

Her eyes wide in surprise she looked up at the boy next to her. "Well, I guess you wouldn't know about any of that either would you?" She looked away for a second trying to think of the best way to explain to
someone who was completely unfamiliar with the wizarding world.

Looking off into the distance she spoke."His name was Lord Voldemort. He was one of the most powerful dark wizards the world has ever seen." She giggled as she tried to come up with a famous muggle to compare him to.
" I guess the closest thing you would be familiar with would be like...Hitler?
Except on a much broader scale and with magic."

She frowned slightly at the thought of what she knew of You-Know-Who's reign of terror.

She sighed a bit and turned back to Emrys a thoughtful look in her eye.
"Oh my gosh! If you and your parent's don't know about magic, you must be muggle born."
She smiled, happy with her deduction, even though it was quite obvious.

User Image

NarwhalTears

3,900 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Voter 100

SilentlyVicious

PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2011 8:51 pm
EMRYS VICT
----------§----------
----------§----------
----------§----------
----------§----------

Emrys blinked at Echo as she explained Voldemort to him. But he knew about magic. Just not all of this. 'Hitler? He had a thing for magic... Maybe its connected somehow.' He thought to himself as she finished her lesson. "I know about magic. Merlin and his battles with the evil sorceress Morgana who desired nothing more than to destroy the world. That stuff I know... Unless this is completely different. He responded, turning his mouth up in a confused thought. "Maybe everything I know is a lie. Or I could simply be dreaming this place up." He spoke this last part to himself, staring down into the water that rested on the bottom of the boat.

User Image

PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2011 9:19 pm
User Image

User Image

Echo smiled and laughed a bit as Emrys mentioned Merlin and Morgana. Of course muggles had the legends of Merlin and Arthur, but they barely compared to the actual histories.
She shook her head, "It's not completely different, though some of the facts are warped to try and explain away magic."
She listened intently as Emrys tried to take in everything she was saying, and frowned as his doubt emerged.

Suddenly, she grabbed his hand lightly and pinched him. She smiled brightly at him through the lantern light.
"Did ja feel that? Guess this must be real then huh?"

User Image

NarwhalTears

3,900 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Voter 100

SilentlyVicious

PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2011 9:48 pm
EMRYS VICT
----------§----------
----------§----------
----------§----------
----------§----------

Emrys didn't understand her explanation. "Why cover up magic? Why not just---Ow!!!" He yelped loudly, his voice echoing off of the lake and other boats, forgetting their previous conversation about magic and Merlin. "What was that for?" He asked, bring his hand back and rubbing the spot where Echo pinched him, unable to hold back the smile on that spread over his lips.

User Image

The Forbidden Forest, the Lake, and Surrounding Area

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 46 47 48 49 50 51 ... 174 175 176 177 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games