Welcome to Gaia! ::

Galactic Empire: The Official Star Wars Guild

Back to Guilds

The Official Star Wars guild since it's creation nearly 8 years ago. Join the Empire, be part of the legacy. 

Tags: Star Wars, Official, Jedi, Sith, Empire 

Reply The Second Imperium
Onslaught of the Empire Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 46 47 48 49 50 51 53 54 55 56 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

ElladanKenet
Crew

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2012 6:00 am
"Fair enough," she answered, leading the way to a shuttle. Seeing the guard, she grunted. "I am requisitioning this shuttle. Is the pilot on board?"

The guard on duty, a man in simple black naval uniform, jumped to his feet and saluted. "Aye, Lady Nightwind, he's in the cockpit, ready for you."

Satisfied, the Sith leads the way up the ramp, beckoning for Nova to follow.  
PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2012 12:50 pm
Nova folllowed her mistress into the ship and took the first available seat there was. Setting the pack down containing the gear she had requisitioned from the armoury she waited for them to take off.  

Miss-Pandemica

Lonely Lunatic

Sayla-girl

Noble Dabbler

9,675 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2012 9:45 pm
User Image

When she noticed the bith was starting to move, Qaina, quite casually, flipped the stun selector on her Military Enforcer and shot D'an again. The last thing she needed was for him to start grabbing around on the weapons in the back seat.
"Qaina." The huntress laconically introduced herself as she reholstered her pistol. Taking a second look back at all the looted gear, she cast a suspicious look at Dixie.
"Lot of hardware for one person..."

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2012 9:58 pm
"I just get excitable as to choice - like to have my options open. You see anything you like back there, feel free to help yourself. Plenty of plunder to go around. I'm assuming the Bith is a bounty of yours?"  

Darth Fury

Sayla-girl

Noble Dabbler

9,675 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2012 10:03 pm
User Image

"Uh huh." Qaina muttered as she pulled a small datapad from her belt and started checking over local bounty postings, occasionally looking over at Dixie as she sorted through the profiles. "So what do you plan to do with all these weapons? Sell them? Because I'm pretty sure you're not going to find a market for stolen military gear in this star cluster."

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2012 6:59 am
User Image
User Image
Lieutenant Warren McJump
Personal Location: Hangar of the Indefatigable
Accompanying ships: 2 Wayfarers.

Knight-errant Jian Yakamura
Personal Location: Travnin, Minos Cluster
Accompanying People: Warren, The Gundark
Current Attire: http://fong-saiyuk.deviantart.com/art/Wudang-Swordsman-285257811

"I assume you already have a plan to get onboard the station?" Jian said, cocking an eyebrow. He shifted the backpack a bit as he headed into the hangar. "You don't expect me to believe that there are a group of slavers who are trustworthy enough to bribe to allow us to swing with them. Which means you either have a ship, or another plan."

"Sorry, Master Jedi, this one's the simple plan. Never make a plan difficult. Either keep it simple and direct, or so off the wall unlikely they'll be unable to figure out your moves. Good plans often are both. Look at that," he said, pointing to a sith shuttle docked in the bay of the Thranta just opposite the Indefatigable. "A while back some of your buddies managed to snag a shuttle which we were able to requisition for this operation. SIS took it off their hands and have graciously handed it over to me for this time alone. I know a lieutenant whom I personally helped along with his career that was rather enthusiastic to repay the kindness back home to pull some strings. Jen'nee also helped a-" Warren said, stopping at the shuttle's entrance and in mid-sentence. Gundark and Jian both looked at the lepi, though Jian knew something that Gundark was not quite yet aware of. At the shuttle's entrance, flicking her tail with obvious irritation as her hands were crossed over her chest, the cathar hybrid in question stood with a glare.

"Jen'nee," Warren began, holding his hands up.

"Don't start with me. You might be captain of this ship, but you know my stance with working with the Jedi," the cathar hissed, her clawed hands digging into the fabric of her sleeve. "We don't need their kind to succeed."

"This is a military ship, and under direct orders-"

"That hasn't stopped us before."

Jian watched back and forth as the Cathar spoke with passionate heat, only to be quietly rebutted by Warren's rather calm riposte. His glance moved to each as they spoke, soaking in the details. He supposed maybe the two had some sort of relationship, but this was neither the time nor the place to really inquire. In spite of it all, his gaze floated once to the Gundark, only to require a double take at the giant trooper. His brow was furrowed, as if a thought was just trying to formulate. The Cathar pressed her advantage, cutting Warren off more and more as he calmly took the verbal beating, and more than a few words of insult had the splash damage to hit Jian's personal pride with dagger-like slices. Warren eventually said nothing, his eyes glowering like a warrior against the storm, as Gundark reached over and gripped the Cathar's mouth shut.

"Let the captain speak," a gutteral growl issued. Jenny glared at the tattooed soldier, and then reasserted her stance of folded arms. Warren took a deep breath, and patted himself down.

"As I said before, this is a military vessel, and we should at least attempt to act like one before guests. Including calling me sir. I am sure the Jedi would be more than willing to overlook this incident in his reports, but other commanders may not be so lenient. And more importantly, this isn't our mission, but the Jedi's. The Jedi asked us for help, and I agreed."

"Then I'm coming-"

Warren held up a finger, as Jen'nee silenced herself. "Secondly, you're staying here. And before you ask, I have reasons. We're walking into a den of sith and the more force sensitive people there are, the easier it will be to be spotted. That, and I need someone to be there in case things go south that I can trust to be as wiley as I."

Jian gave a sigh, as the two stared each other down in silence. The cathar begrudgingly agreed, taking her leave, with the usual type of retorts and cautionary warnings about his order and actions as one might expect, while the trio boarded the shuttle. Some of the former prisoners that Warren had saved were also onboard, more than willing to return the favor of freedom with their own necks, something which mildly impressed Jian.

"What was her issue?" he finally asked, the betterment of his curiousity nagging him.

"Long story short, she doesn't like Jedi due to unfortunate circumstances. Get prepared. We'll be taking the shuttle to the destination as soon as we can, and you need to be prepared for your part."

~~~~
Nine Years ago…
Eshan System

“Breathe in…. Breathe out… No, no, no. Jian, you’re trying too hard to force the motion. Let your body rock on its own, and let it breathe with it,” a silver hair woman said, stopping her motions and standing straight up. In the last three days, Jian was having trouble getting himself suited here; it was bad enough that he seemed to be the only boy around, and the quiet remarks about his heritage and being a jedi were somewhat unbecoming to begin with. But atop that, being given a tutor outside of the classes as well only made his inherent bookworm abilities and natural predisposition towards accomplishing a goal come into doubt. He was usually such a good student, why couldn’t he understand how to do this?

“The art of fighting isn’t something you can think about. Not entirely. You must train yourself to react, to hit, to block, without thinking it,” the tutor stated, rather flatly. Jian was still not used to people being able to read him so easily… or at least, be so vocal as to point it out. Standing back up to his full height, he ran his hands through his hair, and tugged on the padawan braid he was starting to hone over his ear. Shaking his head and the doubts from his mind, he settled down again, lowering his hands, then rising them up, stepping forward and backward, rocking on his heels and balls of his feet, back and forth. They had called this “the wave”; Jian could tell that whomever had designed this style of fighting was probably not so concerned with the nomenclature. He relaxed his muscles and tensed them up, and let go of his anxiety. It was like a state of meditation, calm and serene. The tutor’s words of encouragement drifted into the background, uncreative and not at all motivating anyways. He drifted and let his body flow gently, following the path and motions laid out, swinging his arm around and breathing in. A small world suddenly appeared around him, as he could begin to reach out and sense others nearby. A minor, minor skill for a Jedi, seeing into other places where a normal person could not. As he concentrated and practiced, he sensed the girl in the next room, in her own state of training when the loud snap back to reality hit him.

“Jian… Focus. That’s the third time I’ve caught you daydreaming…” the tutor said, tut-tutting him with a hand on her hip and a palm to her face. “That’s all for today. I cannot teach you when you cannot focus. I know it’s only been day three, but we haven’t even gotten past the first few steps along the path. I wish I knew what Le’wenna could see in you…” Grabbing her tunic, the woman exited his room as Jian felt the crushing blow of disappointment slap on him again.

“I’m sure you’ll pick it up soon enough,” his master spoke, resting a gentle hand on her padawan’s back. “But it doesn’t take a Jedi to notice that you are out of yourself this week. Tell me, what’s on your mind.”

Jian searched himself, not exactly sure how to word it. “I just keep having thoughts about a student,” he admitted, dismissing the ideas about passing it off as nothing. He already drew enough attention without needing to lie atop of it too.

“Oh? Here?” Le’wenna replied, kicking her feet up onto the desk and pulling her hands behind her head. If this was going where she thought it was, she was going to get comfortable in the chair. Wouldn’t you? Jian crossed his arms and looked to the side, trying not to make eye contact or admit anything more than he had to. He nodded his head towards the wall, and by extension, the room next door. “Oho! So my padawan has a crush? Does she know?” Jian flushed into a harder red before he took a breath and relaxed. Le’wenna wasn’t about to push him too hard about it, even if Jian didn’t know this at the time.

“Love is forbidden to Jedi… aside from certain cases, but even then. There is no emotion, only peace. There is no passion, only serenity. Emotions are not the Jedi way,” he stated blandly, the code and mantra fully recited as if from text.

“Love? Jian, you’re not in love. Even if you were, Love is a complicated subject… Do you understand what that line even means?” Le’wenna said looking around for her recorder. She had begun to record what she needed to pass onto the pupil, perhaps for a later date. In the life of a Sentinel, there was no room to necessarily think tomorrow couldn’t be your last.

“It’s self explanatory. One cannot have passions, or one will not be at peace,” Jian stated flatly. “My emotions are putting me at odds with the Jedi order. I am failing myself at controlling my feelings, letting it distract me.” Le’wenna gave a sigh, touching her fingers to her forehead for a moment, and then taking several more breaths before continuing her speech.

“Jedi… can have emotion. We are not droids. We can love too… even if the council sees it badly. The problem is when we forget to first understand our emotions, understand our feelings. When passion rules our thoughts, we can no longer help those around us, and wind up hurting ourselves. If we did not care for others, though, the entire order would be meaningless. Love your enemies, but do not let your hate or love cloud your vision and your duties,” Le’wenna finally said, relaxing a bit.

“But it is ruining my training, every time I try to focus, I wind up being beaten…” Jian said, gripping his biceps harder now in a bit of frustration.

“Jian… Look at yourself. You are letting your emotions control you now. Will this accomplish anything of value? Are you feeling at peace?” she said, as Jian relaxed himself. “I must admit, I’m not used to having to teach two lessons at the same time…”

Jian perked his head up, curiosity now beating out his frustration. “Two?”

“Of course. The mantra is but the first lesson you’re going through. And look, now you are at a much more peaceful state now that you’ve relaxed and let the emotions wash over you. You’re starting to understand your feelings, even if you do not comprehend why yet. The second is simple. You’ve been here for three days and you haven’t mastered a simple breathing exercise. What could be wrong?”  

Nelowulf
Vice Captain

Codger

6,200 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200

Skyeborne

Dapper Raider

750 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Cart Raider 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2012 11:39 am
"Krosis spoke only in half-truths, most likely just trying to distract me from the battle at hand." said Khyber, out loud. He had trained some in telepathic communication, but he didn't quite have the knack for it yet.

"He didn't lie about Sith blood being in my veins, though. My mother was a Sith lady, my hereditary father one of her Arkanian underlings. Master Jeremiah Strife, the man who raised me, defeated and killed my mother after uncovering her operations in the Corellian system a year after my birth. He took me back to Coronet City and raised me as his own. Strife had some cosmetic surgery done on me shortly after I arrived to hide my Sith heritage. He feared it would foster prejudice among the other students."

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2012 10:29 am
User Image

Sythica ran into the trench in front of her. She stopped only at the bottom to help put her helmet on. The hud turned itself on as she looked at Woods. Their mission had changed from whatever that guy with the shades wanted to being the defender of Mag Base. However, she realized the only thing she had on herself was the sidearm she carried. Sythica looked forward to see the entrance of the trench lead into a short tunnel. Inside armaments could be seen propped up in case of quick attack. The sound of an explosion rocked around the exit of this tunnel as other sith soldiers jumped out of the way. Reaching for a carbine, she nodded to woods and exited out.

Sythica spotted two guerrillas standing atop the next tunnel’s entrance as she left the first. Her arms raised the carbine up to pull the trigger twice, the red blasterbolts heading to the unarmored men and knocking them down. Woods followed behind her as Sythica charged forth.

“One above,” Woods cried out as Sythica watched another man jump from above. She was forced to drop her carbine to block the knife. The rage of her opponent made him strong as she struggled to throw him off. But all his strength and rage was ended with a pair of red flashes blinding her and leaving the dead corpse on her body. Sythica ripped the knife from his hand and picked herself and her rifle up. A glance towards woods allowed her to see a smug pose.

“That’s one you owe me,” a sound of Z-man’s voice said behind her. She had forgotten he was with them. He gave the handsignal to move forward and Sythica took point. The three of them moved through the trenches as best they could using cover provided by crates and dirt walls. They returned the fire shot their way by guerrillas trying to get a good shot at them from above. Sythica herself had a quick shot to knock one off a durasteel plank above them, as the fighter fell to the ground with a scream. A sith gunship above them flew by firing high grade ship blasters at the ground. Even through her armor Sythica felt the impact shake the air around her but pressed on anyway.

Within minutes the fire team had converged on the supply depot. She watched as parts of her squad had bunkered down trying to lay suppressing fire against a line of infantry. The three of them moved forward, throwing themselves on the bank to duck underneath the blasterbolts wizzing over their head.

“Thank the Sith you’re here, sir,” a sergeant beside them shouted. Aurek Company, friends of their own, also pinned down. “We’ve been able to hold their infantry back a bit, but they’ve dug into the front and our right flank is falling down. We got lucky by nabbing this heavy repeater and setting up but the flyboys are busy trying to get here. Only those that were already on patrol were able to respond.”

“I’ve only counted two, where’s the rest?” Z asked. He motioned Woods to head to the right flank. She nodded and made a crouched run towards their right.

“Somehow got diverted. Something about unexpected air support. We could use someone on the Quad cannon, but we can’t spare the line,” the sergeant said. Z moved forward and clapped a hand on the soldier manning the repeater.

“Buff, on the quad, I got this,” Z-said. “Ephese, cover his tail.”

Sythica nodded and followed the large man back towards the depot. They crouch ran their way back up towards a stationary light turret standing idle. The big “Buff” dropped to one knee as Sythica held her carbine up and keeping an eye on incoming fighters.

“You’ll have to regulate the generator,” Buff shouted. IT wasn’t necessary as the microphones overcame the sound of the battle around them. Sythica shook her head and tapped her ear.

“I can’t do that, I don’t have experience in this!” Sythica shouted back. Buff grabbed her helmet and pointed to a box nearby.

“It’s easy, when the light goes red, flip the switch. Hit the button. Light turns green, I shoot. Light turns red, repeat, got it?” Sythica nodded and gave a thumbs up. She slung her carbine around her shoulder and stared at the console.

“Repulsorcraft incoming!” she heard on her com channel from the Z-man. It was time for some action. She flipped the switch and hit the button and watched as Buff climbed up in and red bolts began to fire from the turret. These were larger than normal and created small holes in the ground where it hit. Buff took only several seconds before finding a lock on the first craft. Sythica couldn’t watch for long. The proximity of her hud showed a duo of soldiers coming her way. She swung her carbine back to her grip and opened fire. The first was caught off guard and grazed by her shot. She couldn’t stand next to this generator though and moved to the side. Three more blasterbolts went his way as she exchanged fire for several moments. She finally caught the first one good enough to knock him down.

“Sythica!” Buff cried. She noticed that the sound of the quad wasn’t firing anymore. Turning to reach for the lever she only managed to flip it before fire came from behind her. Raising her rifle up she went to aim and pulled the trigger. Only nothing happened. Out of ammo. “Anytime today!” She slapped the button and threw her carbine away with a nasty swear, reaching for her pistol and firing shots back. Her hand reached down to her side and drew the dagger. She counted down until the man popped up and nailed him with several shots to the chest.

“Flyboys, incoming in one minute!” she heard as another explosion rocked the battlefield. The repulsorcraft were trying to retreat but the line of infantry had been augmented by droids. Z-man looked fine though the others beside him were wounded or dead.

“This is Red Fire, keep your head down,” a new voice commed over all frequencies. The sound of a bomber’s engines roared overhead. Sythica instinctively ducked as she watched the light proton bombs hit along the droid line. “Ordinance delivered, bugging out. Have a nice day.”

The enemy started it’s retreat as Z-man rallied the troops. “DAGGER squad, we’re moving out to the arsenal. Let’s find the rest of the boys.”

Squad objectives:
- Meet up with the rest of DAGGER Squad  

lady_skuld

Darth Fury

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2012 12:30 pm
"Sell, trade, barter. Don't plan on getting a fair price for them, just need to get enough scratch together to buy me a ticket off this rock." she replied, spotting a Sith scout slinking through the foliage and gunning him down almost entirely by reflex. "Besides, if I have any left over I can always use them on the locals. Could use the target practice..."  
PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2012 2:50 pm
User Image

Caisar presided over Khyber's words delicately. The portrait his story painted was something to be considered, though the actions of this Corellian Jedi, someone whom he only vaguely knew by name, were... interesting. Though if the boy was half Sith, an ancient species who twisted the Force into dark sorcery and were thought to be long dead, then the appearance of such a personage would be groundbreaking. Caisar wondered if this Jeremiah Strife had been less secretive, then the Jedi Order may have foreseen the dire events that led up to the invasion from the Sith Empire. Though that was skeptical, he himself could only barely see past the massive shroud this Invasion left in its wake through the Force through his visions...

Grasping his wrists behind his back, Caisar blinked as Khyber finished. Standing there for a moment, he continued to ponder over the information before turning around and stepping back towards the wall he had been studying before.
"I can feel the loss of your foster father still weighing heavily, Brother Strife, but I believe that his choices were for your best in intention. Krosis' words do not give me reason for alarm, or doubt in you/ The blood that runs through our veins does not determine who we are, remember that, and remember your training and he will not have such power over you next time you meet Remember your training and you will not become a danger to yourself through the Dark Side, for he will seek to lure you in and trick you into using your greatest ability against yourself." He said aloud as he studied the inscriptions.

"There is knowledge here, Brother. Knowledge the conclave left behind, secrets about Force techniques. It speaks of harnessing the power of Yelsain's storms through them..."  

Des Voh

3,000 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100

Cale Darksun

Stellar Raider

12,650 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Inquisitor 200
PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2012 6:05 pm
User Image

"There are many who would beg for such a prison as yours." Cinn told the woman as the doors opened before them. "As a Jedi, you were worthless. Only now do you have value. Among the sith, a slave like you can be worth astronomical sums."
He led the way off the turbo-lift, the machine having deposited the pair in the observation deck of the station where preparations were underway to make it suitable for the high profile guests they were expecting.
"I am going to present you to my colleagues and rivals at this demonstration as a trophy." Cinn said to the woman, his attention shifting to the workers around them as he looked for imperfections or sloth. "You must look presentable and be prepared to dance for them. I will expect something to impress even the most jaded of attendants."

User Image

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2012 8:51 pm
" Yes, Master. " Danika said as Cinn explained what he was going to have her do. " I will put on my best performance. I'm sure you would demand no less. " As he focused on the workers, she looked around herself. A wave of uneasiness washed over her at the thought of being on display in front of multiple Sith Lords, but she quickly composed herself and turned her attention back to Cinn. " What must I do to look presentable for your guests, Master? " she asked.  

Darkened Angel
Vice Captain

Sayla-girl

Noble Dabbler

9,675 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2012 10:05 pm
User Image

No sooner had she determined that Dixie was not wanted locally did the woman open fire without provocation upon an imperial scout and ashed him with the cannons of of the airspeeder.

This did not sit well at all with Qaina. There was a certain professionalism in her line of work that she strived for, one of them being avoiding unnecessary collateral damage. The Republic and imperial forces she had dealt with to get to D'an were all obstacles to the success of her mission. They had to be dealt with and could not be avoided. One lone scout minding his own business, however, was an unnecessary death.

Drawing her Manhunter pistol, its smaller design more effective in enclosed spaces such as the cockpit of the the speeder, Qaina snapped the weapon up and aimed it at Dixie, glaring at the woman irritably.
"What the kark is your problem?!" She demanded, clearly not at all pleased with Dixie's blatant disregard for other organics.

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2012 12:00 pm
"That was an imperial scout. I'm in a Republic speeder. Even if he didn't open fire, he would have radioed back to base telling his brothers to look out for me. I'd rather not have the entire Sith invasion force breathing down my neck."

Dixie said, casually driving with one hand while the other hung limply at the side opposite from Qaina. Hidden between the seat and the door was one of the scavenged blaster pistols, and she made herself ready to draw it if she needed to. Even with her enhanced reflexes, though, it would be impossible for her to draw and fire without the other woman getting a shot off...

"Why, was he a friend of yours?"

Darth Fury

ElladanKenet
Crew

PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2012 5:36 am
Once they were all on board, and the pilot was given his order, the shuttle closes its hatch, before quietly lifting off from the hangar bay. The ship pivots on spot, turning to the exit bay and gliding out. Once out, the shuttle flies away from the ship, curving out to avoid the rest of the small fleet, before engaging the hyperdrive and speeding off to Regalia Station.  
The Second Imperium

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 46 47 48 49 50 51 53 54 55 56 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff