Welcome to Gaia! ::

Galactic Empire: The Official Star Wars Guild

Back to Guilds

The Official Star Wars guild since it's creation nearly 8 years ago. Join the Empire, be part of the legacy. 

Tags: Star Wars, Official, Jedi, Sith, Empire 

Reply The Second Imperium
SW Games Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 46 47 48 49 50 51 ... 177 178 179 180 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

HereticX

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2006 2:03 pm
Sounds about right.
That's why you try to avoid fighting lots of people with guns. Still, in more modern times, that's almost unavoidable during combat.

Makashi...I'm just picturing that scene from Indiana Jones, where the guy with the big sword does all the tricks, and Indy shoots him. Good skills, wrong situation.

Though, I think Makashi or Soresu might fit Chidee's personality and style. Maybe a more 'tricky', subtle form of Shien (you said that was a blend of Makashi and Soresu? That sounds like a good combo to me)?  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2006 2:12 pm
It took elements from Makashi and soresu, but the problem is it isn't specialized for either. In fact, Shien is only half the style. You have to learn Djem So as well.

If you plan on fighting jedi most of the time, and don't intend to go to the front of the battlefield, with plenty of bodyguards to take the blow, go with Makashi for the added punch.

If you plan on being stuck out on the battlefield for long amounts of time, and you're not sure when you're coming back for a breather, or prefer to be a loner, Soresu is better.

If you want the better (but not best) of both worlds, shien is good, but beware the anger used, because the rage can possibly blind one, and expose the weaknesses of both styles, rather than the strengths.

The thing is Shien isn't used for defense. Its meant to speed up the battle. Its a catalyst. You will either win or lose in a relatively quick battle. You're not going all out like with Ataru, but then again, you're not really worried about holding back either.... Like the Zero system in a way.. you become stronger, but forget about caution at times.  

Nelowulf
Vice Captain

Codger

6,200 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200

HereticX

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2006 2:32 pm
Ah, either Makashi or Soresu, then.

He's probably going to have bodyguards (I'm sure he does, but I haven't specified any yet), and he doesn't seem the type to go into an open battle.

Soresu...maybe the reputation is exaggerated, but it seems a bit too defensive for my tastes.
Makashi...blasters are the main problem, right? I kinda like how it seems to be a style focused on zeroing on an opponent's mistakes and weaknesses, which would seem to fit this guy pretty well.
Maybe I'm getting the styles mixed up, though.

He will have droids to be...uh, meatshields, so he probably won't have to worry about blasters as much if he's pushed into a battle.

I'll play through and just see how it goes until I actually have to pick (at Knighthood).  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2006 2:39 pm
Soresu is good... if you're patient. You have to be like Obi-wan if you're going to succeed. It is the form that the Jedi Code would probably endorse. It requires peace, determination, and most of all, sacrificial selflessness. Sort of what Yoda said, "Use the Force only for defense, never to attack." Soresu believes that in the end, the true winner will come out.

Plus you have a basic education in Shii-Cho, which is decent at blaster defense. While you won't be godly aganst the blaster, you'll be able to block one or two, enough to flee to the cover of droid soldiers.

Shien is like the opposite of Soresu. I can't really say that's absolute, because Ataru also fits the category. So let me rephrase.

Ataru is the physical opposite of Soresu (movement). However, Shien is the mental opposite. Shien relies on agressiveness, not peace. However, its not completely like some old fart jumping around like nothing ever seen before.  

Nelowulf
Vice Captain

Codger

6,200 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200

FrozenPhoenix32

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2006 11:09 pm
[quote="Nelowulf"
However, its not completely like some old fart jumping around like nothing ever seen before.

Thatd be Ataru.  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2006 2:57 pm
FrozenPhoenix32
Nelowulf

However, its not completely like some old fart jumping around like nothing ever seen before.

Thatd be Ataru.
You are correct. Do you want a cookie?  

Nelowulf
Vice Captain

Codger

6,200 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200

Sol Walker
Crew

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2006 3:01 pm
If he doesnt want it, I'll take it.  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2006 6:11 pm
i really like sw monoply the land is systems so you really fell like you own the plant ive won every game ive played biggrin  

jade_panther

5,350 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • First step to fame 200
  • Signature Look 250

Sol Walker
Crew

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2006 6:13 pm
yeah. its a fun game. man has it been a while since I played.  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2006 8:41 am
has anyone here played empire at war yet (demo) it is freking great game cant wait to play it all xd  

NickCpointless

FrozenPhoenix32

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2006 9:54 pm
NickCpointless
has anyone here played empire at war yet (demo) it is freking great game cant wait to play it all xd

The demo is out? Does it come after buying something elese?  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2006 12:26 pm
FrozenPhoenix32
NickCpointless

The demo is out? Does it come after buying something elese?
gamespot has the demo on it but the servers are dead slow or theres here
http://www.download.com/Star-Wars-Empire-at-War-demo/3000-7488_4-10492455.html it give you a little taste of space and land combat  

NickCpointless

Durza the Shade

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2006 11:07 pm
Or you could get the official download at lucasarts.com.

Here: http://www.lucasarts.com/games/swempireatwar/indexFlash.html?link=demo  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2006 11:24 pm
Durza the Shade

Here: ]http://www.lucasarts.com/games/swempireatwar/indexFlash.html?link=demo

Cool, I'll have to check that out.

What map do you get?  

FrozenPhoenix32

Durza the Shade

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2006 11:39 pm
FrozenPhoenix32
Durza the Shade

Here: ]http://www.lucasarts.com/games/swempireatwar/indexFlash.html?link=demo

Cool, I'll have to check that out.

What map do you get?
I haven't tried it myself yet, but according to the e-mail newsletter (I never bothered to unsubscribe after they stopped supporting the GC), *looks* A tutorial, a ground battle on Hoth, and a space battle in the Vergesso Asteroids.  
The Second Imperium

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 46 47 48 49 50 51 ... 177 178 179 180 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games