Welcome to Gaia! ::

Galactic Empire: The Official Star Wars Guild

Back to Guilds

The Official Star Wars guild since it's creation nearly 8 years ago. Join the Empire, be part of the legacy. 

Tags: Star Wars, Official, Jedi, Sith, Empire 

Reply The Second Imperium
Mos Eisley Cantina Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4799 4800 4801 4802 4803 4804 ... 5665 5666 5667 5668 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Rodyn

PostPosted: Sun Jun 21, 2009 9:33 am
ElladanKenet
That'll be my later this year, when i'm waiting to play Starcraft 2

And me, when Mass Effect 2 is near release.  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 21, 2009 9:39 am
Mmm....Mass Effect 2....  

Des Voh

3,000 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100

ElladanKenet
Crew

PostPosted: Sun Jun 21, 2009 9:58 am
Indeed  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 21, 2009 10:18 am
Nelowulf
Not really. You can hate someone, even if you're not shallow. Omnibenevolence is not the same as being deep. You can be the nicest guy in the world, but you're not deep because you ignore personal traits. That's called impersonalized apathy. Not caring about what a person is doesn't mean you accept them, understand them, embrace them. That's a lacking of any means of discretion.

Just because you have a good person and a bad person together in the same room doesn't mean a good person can't comment or critisize on moral grounds. It simply means he's taken the time to inspect the person fully, instead of just going off what a person wears or doesn't.

Shallow has nothing really to do with what another person says, or does. It is a moral statement made by the observer, and his admittance to being able to be a person who weighs all options, instead of a few choice ones which lack any real personal capacity. It has nothing to with some God-like disposition, which is exactly what you're trying to refer to. Such completely blind capacities are not what make a person shallow or deep, but rather their ability to handle themselves in a mature way and recognize the variables which lead up to a person's existance, instead of just whipping out their d**k and jerking off to whatever trips your sexist trigger, des.

This is a bad habit to get into. Keep it up, and you'll find more than just a very annoyed mod talking to you.
See, I never said anything about God-like disposition, perhaps I just used to wrong terms. Once more, your narrowing things down to good and bad, which, neither really exist. Its all how one views morals.

I did not say anything about being nice, or omnibenevolence, or that you couldn't hate someone and not be shallow. I never said a word about any of that.

All I said that that one who accepts and trys to understand others despite what they are, is the opposite of someone who is shallow, and only cares about what they perceive at first sight, or those who don't care whats beneath the 'skin', so to speak. Nothing about good, bad, nice, or Godliness, and in that, cleanliness. Nor the understanding of there entire existence.

I respect you taking the initiative to show that you are, indeed smart, but your over extending yourself and your perceptive on this subject and bringing it to a whole 'nother level.  

Des Voh

3,000 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100

Darth Hooker

PostPosted: Sun Jun 21, 2009 10:31 am
ninja  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 21, 2009 10:33 am
-pounces Xedria-  

Des Voh

3,000 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100

Rendin Verta

PostPosted: Sun Jun 21, 2009 10:34 am
The games I'm waiting for are SWTOR, Mass Effect 2, Alien: Colonial Marines, Alpha Protocol, and Bad company 2

On top of that, I'm finally getting a new computer after 5 years of waiting >.>  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 21, 2009 10:37 am
Des Voh
-pounces Xedria-
*steals Xedria and hides her away*

ninja  

ElladanKenet
Crew

Rodyn

PostPosted: Sun Jun 21, 2009 10:41 am
Kidin Blikk
The games I'm waiting for are SWTOR, Mass Effect 2, Alien: Colonial Marines, Alpha Protocol, and Bad company 2

On top of that, I'm finally getting a new computer after 5 years of waiting >.>

TOR and Mass Effect 2 are, at the top of my head, the only games I'm looking forward to. Maybe Final Fantasy XIII, but I'm not too sure about it. My interest in JRPGs comes and goes.

There's also Star Trek Online, but TOR is what I'm aiming for. I'm hoping STO comes out first so that I can play it for a few months before TOR is released, but I'm told (second-hand info) that TOR is set to release before Christmas, which seems to be before STO.  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 21, 2009 10:43 am
ElladanKenet
Des Voh
-pounces Xedria-
*steals Xedria and hides her away*

ninja
stare -shoots EK in the back-

Its a 'no mercy' kind of day for me.  

Des Voh

3,000 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100

ElladanKenet
Crew

PostPosted: Sun Jun 21, 2009 10:59 am
gonk  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 21, 2009 11:01 am
ElladanKenet
gonk

There there, it'll heal, I missed the vital organs.  

Des Voh

3,000 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100

Des Voh

3,000 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
PostPosted: Sun Jun 21, 2009 11:02 am
God, its going to be a ******** day at work tonight.  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 21, 2009 11:05 am
Sarcasm?  

ElladanKenet
Crew

Des Voh

3,000 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
PostPosted: Sun Jun 21, 2009 11:08 am
ElladanKenet
Sarcasm?
yes. My GF had to ask me the same thing.

She'll be here on friday. heart  
The Second Imperium

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4799 4800 4801 4802 4803 4804 ... 5665 5666 5667 5668 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games