Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Avatar Battle Royale Guild: R.I.P. KING OF POP ;A;

Back to Guilds

Reply IT'S TIME TO D-D-D-D-D-DUEL
Talk Here (Spam Hut) Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 483 484 485 486 487 488 ... 1213 1214 1215 1216 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

azn_richte001

PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2006 8:53 pm
Nana-chan
But you've gotta admit, AS has some pretty decent taste in anime. Eva, GitS, Bebop, Champloo, Eureka... mein gott. >3> But they also have IY and FMA, which kills it.

FMA had SO much potential to be a great anime, but there was just something WRONG with it that made it just another fad. crying Sad, sad thing that is...
Yeah; Actually VG cats makes fun of that show a lot.  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2006 9:00 pm
I know!! Their FMA parodies are beyond hilarious. But I like the FMA/HP one best. Hahaha. heart

I think alot of the parodies out there of the fangirl-raped anime are better than the anime themselves. surprised  

Nana-chan

DrunkenStyle
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2006 10:49 pm
I was ranting a few days earlier in my other guild how 4Kids killed Pokemon and other s**t they dubbed, trying to erase Japanese culture out of the anime they try to show American kids. Like stupid names they kept calling the onigiri in Pokemon or like when I remember in Cardcaptors where they clearly erased the Japanese words on the blackboard even when there was an animation of the teacher writing something there.

Dude.

ANIME.

How easy is it to take out Japanese culture out of anime? talk2hand

Anyways, Funimation did a better job at FMA, I don't know why, I think they're prejudice against those good classic anime. ;D

FMA is actually pretty good. The anime doesn't interest me because it's too too depressing, the story is actually a lot different from the manga, and my third reason: Hot Topic.

BTW: POCKY IS OVERRATED! EATING POCKY/SHOWING A PIC OF YOU EATING POCKY/THINGS YOU DO TO POCKY DOESN'T MAKE YOU JAPANESE.

OKAYNOMORERANTING FOR ME. =D  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2006 11:09 pm
I'd just like to say that I love FMA.
I'm not a freaky-crazy-OMGEDOISMYBOBO-type douche bag. I mean, fan. As far as I'm concerned FMA had a pretty damn awesome storyline, concept, characters... whatever. It just seems so completely different from other animes such as, well, Inuyasha or Naruto.

And then, I'd like to say that a lot of the anime translated at the whatever-studios here in VANCOUVER, BC, CANADA have come out somewhat decent. Translationing-dubbing-wise. @3@

I mean. Yeah, I hate Inuyasha. But ya gotta admit that at least SOME of the voices and whatnot aren't too shabby. That, and the studio KEEPS the original theme songs, instead of totally ******** it up.

I mean, it isn't some lame a** dub-s**t like the stuff that 4Kids butchers.

And personally, I'd also like to say that Pokemon should end. Believe me, I like Pokemon. I don't show it, but I like Pokemon. But damn, Pokemon should just... stop. There are too many. Whatever happened to the original 150? I bet I could still name at least half of them!

And then, I hate Ash/Satoshi/Whatever. I just hate him. I hate him to freaking pieces. And I hate Pikachu. I want them to die. AND I WANT MISTY/KAZUMI/CHICHIBONANZA TO DIE TOO.

GARRY OAK IS A TYPE OF TREE. I STUDIED ABOUT IT IN BIOLOGY CLASS LAST YEAR.

THAT WAS SO LAME.

I hated Gary/Shigeru's voice. I still do. D<

Talk about ruining someone who could'a totally been awesome.

SPEAKING OF AWESOME AND POKEMON.

Have any of you ever read the Pokemon Adventures series? The art was by some dude who called himself MATO. Or it was a group of people. I don't know. @__@ But I liked it. <3

RAMBLE RAMBLE RAMBLE  

The Pie

6,850 Points
  • Pie Feeder 50
  • Pie Enabler 100
  • Pie Hoarder by Proxy 150

azn_richte001

PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2006 12:19 am
I collected pretty much all the cards of the original pokemon, 1st edition, 2nd, 3rd whatever! I had it! I scammed kids out of their pokemon! I had all 150, mewtwo was the s**t... I had 10 of him. I was god.

But then what the hell did they do!? POKEMON ADVANCED?! WHAT THE HELL IS THAT s**t?! POKEMON E-READER?! POKEMON EX!? When they came out with pokemon advanced; I was pissed, It meant I had to collect another 5 million cards to be god again. At that point, I gave up.

edit ----

For the fact that translation/whatever/english/america/corndogs screwed up pokemon; EVEN THE JAPANESE CARDS WERE BETTER!  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2006 2:44 am
Yeah, it's all about the old school Pokemon. XD

I can name all 151 D:<

But I can't name past that.

There's gonna be a new freaking generation of Pokemon.

It's crazy..how many Pokemon are they gonna make until it ends?? 1000?? Dayum. World record. D:<

Even though it's interesting to see new Pokemon..it just never ends. Pokemon's as big in Japan as Disney is to America.

SPEAKING OF AWESOME AND POKEMON

You should've clicked my link, Pie.
http://www.gaiaonline.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=12857603&page=1  

DrunkenStyle
Vice Captain

Marshu
Captain

Romantic Sentai

10,250 Points
  • Love Machine 150
  • Hotblooded Hero 50
  • Hero 100
PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2006 6:39 am
First off FLCL IS my all time favorite anime, it may take a few viewings to understand but it's just sooooooooo good, the soundtrack the characters the right amount of weirdness its great. AND the dubbed version is golden the voices and spot on. If you like flcl I recommend Dead Leaves!

Samurai Champlooo is probably my 3rd all time favorite anime art is good funky sound track, good humor and sweet action scenes also a must see.

FMA their isnt much for a fan base yet in Canada, which is nice, but it just got on our YTV station so the fan girls cries are right around the corner. But still is my number 2 favorite anime. I think I talked about it with pie how losers say that edwards name is Edu really ticks me off.

AS for pokemon Team rocket is love <3 I just found my team rocket figures last week and it was a grand day. Now they are all sexieing it up on top of my CD player <3 but sadly I have to say they need to stop the episodes or at least get new characters. lol they even have another series out with episodes about people that ash has met along his travels.

I was really looking forward to seeing one piece but then got kicked in the balls with the edited piece of poo.

Lastly I've seen bits of YYH and it seems pretty sweet. kurama and heie (SP?) are soooo hawt.  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2006 7:34 am
pokemon:"there's only 150 pokemon!!"(me:..coolio)
a few years later
"okay, now theres 250" (me:...m'kaaay.)
another year
"forget misty and brock!!"(me:uh....wha?)
month or so
"ash is earning badges, AGAIN!!"(me:What the--!!)
a couple of days
"200 new pokemon!!!"(me:.....*drops remote and leaves room*)

it keeps changin' and changin'. It's never gonna end, I used to love it to death but they killed off characters and put new people on, how's it ever gonna end? There's no more solid characterization. Ash should be a highly experienced young man by now, but I see him do stupid things he did when he first recieved pikachu. I know there's a new generation, and I know they didn't see all the episodes we saw, but for the love of Pokemon!!!It can't go on forever, it shouldn't.
/more ranting from me]
On a brighter note I loved team rocket and I actually still have a couple of pokemon cards somewhere burried in my room. I think I just liked looking at them, though. I never really watched FMA much, but every episode I have watched caught my attention.
I usually go to sleep pretty earlyXP('tis the main reason I don't watch FMA much) because I wake up really early*grade A mornin' person*,even on holidays. 6am or seven for holidays.
Anyhoo total randomness but: Yay, spring break!!!The tornado weather(hail, in spring) has finally died down and the skies are clear where I'm at!!  

TIPme

ExTERmINATION

PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2006 2:34 pm
As for favorite Animes...gonna have to go with Macross Plus as my number 1, love the art style, still do since I seen it when I was a kid, plot I liked and it wasn't a comedy thingie either. Following up would be Spriggan, Patlabor then the new Final Fantasy. Mostly action type of guy not into the comedy stuff even though I watched FLCL for the first time at a Anime Con but soon some dork was shouting while it was playing which totaly suck.  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2006 4:09 pm
Gawd dammit why is it raining so much?! D:<

I love FLCL, most of thier songtrack is by The Pillows heart
And about pokemon, I was into before also (Digmon too) But then they killed it with all the new ones and new crappy characters D: Team Rocket was awsome though  

Seraphimillia

The Pie

6,850 Points
  • Pie Feeder 50
  • Pie Enabler 100
  • Pie Hoarder by Proxy 150
PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2006 4:48 pm
I have the FLCL soundtrack. Truthfully, I hate it. @__@
I can't tell the difference from song to song. They all sound the same. Kinda like Gackt.

And Drunken, I've seen it. XD

I just never posted. Cause I'm a douche bag.  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2006 5:17 pm
Pokemon is on the same level as...

Power Rangers.

It started off kickass. Second season, I could live with. Then they went crazy and made like 5000 more Pokemon. But I still lust after the newer versions of the Gameboy games because I'm a dork. xD;; Team Rocket rocks my socks. <33 I still love Digimon too. The movie is like one of my favorite things in life. D: ;;;

I NOTICED THAT TOO. ABOUT POKEMON. and...trees. ._. 4Kids likes pun-ny names. :B

FLCL is amazingly fantasmic. GAiNAX is one of my favorite companies, because they put out really kickass anime when they're not killing their rep with shallow stuff like Mahoromatic. xB

Pocky is too good to give up, whether or not is makes me look like a japanophile.

[/rant]  

Nana-chan

azn_richte001

PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2006 5:26 pm
Zatch bell = crappiest show ever.

Power rangers = Best show of kindergarten.  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2006 6:42 pm
Heyy, you talkin smack about the Power Rangers?? Don't you know who the ******** I am? You must not know who I am.. D:<

Anyways I used to like The Pillows a couple years ago, but I had a breakup with my girl and I went through and emo phase and so now I don't listen to The Pillows anymore.

I love the Samurai Champloo soundtrack. Fat Jon = The Ish. No one listens to the Jazz side of Hip Hop anymore. XP  

DrunkenStyle
Vice Captain

azn_richte001

PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2006 6:45 pm
DrunkenStyle
Heyy, you talkin smack about the Power Rangers?? Don't you know who the ******** I am? D:<
I ain't talkin' smack! Actually the green and white ranger were the best! ...even though there were the same person. XD

----Edit

I have the power rangers movie, the one with Ivan Ooze!

That's the best movie, I swear!  
IT'S TIME TO D-D-D-D-D-DUEL

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 483 484 485 486 487 488 ... 1213 1214 1215 1216 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games