Welcome to Gaia! ::

THIS IS HALLOWEEN

Back to Guilds

WHERE IT IS ALWAYS HALLOWEEN (and sometimes exams) 

Tags: Halloween, Demons, Monsters, Roleplay, Academy 

Reply THIS IS HALLOWEEN
Ideas, Questions, Suggestions? Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 47 48 49 50 51 52 ... 156 157 158 159 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

chiickadee

Princess Hoarder

PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2011 4:29 pm
so i was wondering
does halloween technically have other languages/nationalities?
like, xiu for example is "chinese" and tomoko speaks "japanese"

likewise, is there chinese/mexican food, african style dancing, etc?

or is it all just masked under 'halloween' ?

I hope that question makes sense > A>;
its not so much a dire rule-making question as it is a curiosity of mine OTL  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2011 7:12 pm
I got a question about student council speeches...

It says it has to be 500 words or less... is that 500 words of the actual speech? or the entire RP post?  

Scyerline

Shameless Gawker

lizbot
Vice Captain

No Faun

PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2011 10:09 pm
chi: Halloween creatures are often bilingual ~ with both English (for our convenience) and the language of the country their lore originates from.

scy: since word counts are to keep things from getting tl;dr ~ I'm gonna say the entire post.  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2011 8:56 pm
Could the word count be upped then to 800 for the sake of then being acceptable for a growth point?  

iStoleYurVamps

iStoleYurVamps

Crew

Trash Husband

lizbot
Vice Captain

No Faun

PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2011 10:29 pm
Instead, we'll make running an full campaign of booth+speech worth a growth point (if you have over 800 in your booth, that's another growth point)  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2011 1:50 am
INQUIRY

So I have a quest that I am kind of remaking/rebuilding into a reaper. Priorly I had him down as a Redcap and I had made the race as demon with their subrace as a Redcap. I paused the quest for a bit because I was re-thinking on a few tidbits of it and currently I had a line of thought that maybe, just maybe, Redcaps could be actually a group of Reapers that perhaps harvest FEAR through blood?

My reasoning is that the Redcaps generally appear human-like and aren't all that outlandish at all thus making them hard to fit in anywhere else for the most part unless I make up weird tidbits.

My thought is that Redcaps in the past were categorized wrongly and within these few years they've been working to fix the mistake for the most part. They are very offended being mistaken as or called gnomes or similar creatures (no offense guys).

Common things about them is that they carry pikes (where they can channel magics into) and are super fast on their feet.

I was wondering if with these small modifications if it'd be acceptable to actually quest for one as a reaper sect?  

Pales

Demonic Gatekeeper

lizbot
Vice Captain

No Faun

PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2011 2:39 am
Human-looking isn't enough of a reason on it's own. But if they're known for casting spells or ushering souls about ~ then it's plausible, otherwise it's a definite reach ~ and I'd suggest making up a clan of reapers to fit your do-wants instead of trying to fit redcaps into another race.

Harvesting FEAR: cannot be done directly from blood or any other body fluid. Unless said fluid is capable of feeling emotion. FEAR is an energy created through emotion (for the most part: the negative ones) ~ so inspiring a FEAR of blood is A+ ~ taking FEAR from blood is not so much  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2011 6:16 am
So I'ma sitting here, and I've been a thinking about something that is making me go "...hmmmmm"

Basically, you know how when a halloween person 'dies' and dissipates back to nurse crickets office or somewhere else? I'm assuming that when they happens, they're at full health.

But it also made me curious about the other cases. Lets say your character gets utterly beaten up, completely smashed, bones broken and also happens to lose a arm. And they're not a zombie either, so they're sorta bleeding out going '******** ******** MY ARM IS GONE I AM BLEEDING SDHFSKDFH'. But THEY STILL AVE ONE HP POINT LEFT. So they crawl back to nurse crickets office.

Essentially, the person who gets completely vaporised sorta reforms in one piece, but the person with one HP will probably take a lot longer to get better.

I'm..trying to form this into a legitimate question BD; umm so is that basically right? And would some just go. "...you know, I don't feel like sitting in nurse crickets office with all those ******** this s**t "grabs gun and BOOM! awwhh yeah I'm back to full health baby!"  

poke mattix

Rainbow Lover

25,750 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Beta Gaian 0

lizbot
Vice Captain

No Faun

PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2011 2:23 pm
While suicide is an option to quickly regain a full and healthy body? It's a risky gambit. While death isn't quite as easy or certain in TiH as is it in the Human World, it is indeed possible. And suicide is one of the ways to go about it.

It's strongly discouraged, as it can be interpreted as losing the will to continue living/unliving. In those cases, the spark of the idea that created them (the "soul," basically) may not have the strength to draw back in and reshape all their FEAR particles. Results of suicide can vary from a normal respawn that just takes a little while longer, extremely painful respawn, partial respawn, and failure to respawn (their spark gutters out and their FEAR particles settle and become part of the environment.)  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2011 3:30 pm
Pales
ABOUT MUUT

Origins____
It is uncertain how the Muut began though old storytellers amongst this particular group of Reapers like to claim they got their 'gift' and abilities from a singular Deity who was named Muut (their namesake). The Deity named Muut needed help with his task of controlling the population of various creatures and thus employed the assistance of a group of Reapers within Halloween. Muut allowed them to name themselves after him and even gave them some of his ability to assist them in the difficult task ahead of them. It is uncertain where the Deity is or if he is still 'around' but the Muut believe he is and will not stand ill talk about him.

Familiar____
Muut always, always have an owl familiar. Common type of owl is the Great Horned Owl since they are often associated with leading the dead into the afterlife in various mythos. Some Muut may have a different type of owl but it is never anything else. Owls are how the Muut do what they do.

Philosophy____
Essentially the Muut are more in the business of 'population control'. They often step in when a group becomes overly numerous and threaten the balance of life itself. They do what needs to be done because death is a necessary thing and no one can escape it though they may try. The Muut don't just reap and leave the soul to hang they also guide them to where they need to be - safely. It does not matter whether the soul is good or bad. It doesn't matter if the soul had inhabited their shell for a short time. The view of the Muut is that sometimes you only have that short time to do what is needed so you best make it worthwhile. It is also through this population control they bring in FEAR to Halloween Town.

My Resources: Wiki Article, Pantheon Article

Okay based on Q&A moment last time I posted in here I went back to the drawing board and found something better and built information around it. I want to know if this information I cobbled together out of articles and stuff is/can be considered as 'canon' for the world of Halloween or if I am just over reaching in some way? They are intended as a Reaper group. : 3

Pales

Demonic Gatekeeper

Sosiqui

Enduring Muse

PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2011 3:37 pm
Pales
Pales
ABOUT MUUT

Origins____
It is uncertain how the Muut began though old storytellers amongst this particular group of Reapers like to claim they got their 'gift' and abilities from a singular Deity who was named Muut (their namesake). The Deity named Muut needed help with his task of controlling the population of various creatures and thus employed the assistance of a group of Reapers within Halloween. Muut allowed them to name themselves after him and even gave them some of his ability to assist them in the difficult task ahead of them. It is uncertain where the Deity is or if he is still 'around' but the Muut believe he is and will not stand ill talk about him.

Familiar____
Muut always, always have an owl familiar. Common type of owl is the Great Horned Owl since they are often associated with leading the dead into the afterlife in various mythos. Some Muut may have a different type of owl but it is never anything else. Owls are how the Muut do what they do.

Philosophy____
Essentially the Muut are more in the business of 'population control'. They often step in when a group becomes overly numerous and threaten the balance of life itself. They do what needs to be done because death is a necessary thing and no one can escape it though they may try. The Muut don't just reap and leave the soul to hang they also guide them to where they need to be - safely. It does not matter whether the soul is good or bad. It doesn't matter if the soul had inhabited their shell for a short time. The view of the Muut is that sometimes you only have that short time to do what is needed so you best make it worthwhile. It is also through this population control they bring in FEAR to Halloween Town.

My Resources: Wiki Article, Pantheon Article

Okay based on Q&A moment last time I posted in here I went back to the drawing board and found something better and built information around it. I want to know if this information I cobbled together out of articles and stuff is/can be considered as 'canon' for the world of Halloween or if I am just over reaching in some way? They are intended as a Reaper group. : 3

I am not a proper GM so don't take what I'm saying as law, but I have been spending a lot of time in the shop lore lately for my other staffly duties sooo I think I can answer? Perhaps?

If by 'population control' you mean the Muut go out and kill humans? That would be a no-no, I'm pretty sure, because humans provide tasty FEAR but only when they're alive. Killing them is bad for business! I'm pretty sure Reapers serve as guide and what they reap is the FEAR from the already dead... they don't actually take people's lives.

I think.  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2011 3:41 pm
Sosiqui
I am not a proper GM so don't take what I'm saying as law, but I have been spending a lot of time in the shop lore lately for my other staffly duties sooo I think I can answer? Perhaps?

If by 'population control' you mean the Muut go out and kill humans? That would be a no-no, I'm pretty sure, because humans provide tasty FEAR but only when they're alive. Killing them is bad for business! I'm pretty sure Reapers serve as guide and what they reap is the FEAR from the already dead... they don't actually take people's lives.

I think.
I think I derped up in my wording. Though I think it's more like they take the fear after the the 'culling' is started/done by something else? I think that's a better thought for what they do.  

Pales

Demonic Gatekeeper

lizbot
Vice Captain

No Faun

PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2011 4:19 pm
They sound like grim reapers with familiars, so it would be a good idea to find a way to truly differentiate them, or make being a Muut a job (for after graduation) rather than a subspecies.

Echoing what sosos said, it would be a really good idea to clear that up.

Deities in Halloween: they exist, but they aren't truly gods here, like they were considered once in the human world. More like, they're the old geezer in the crumbling mansion on the hill, telling anyone who will listen about the glory days when they were worshiped and how kids these days have no standards,  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2011 4:30 pm
lizbot
They sound like grim reapers with familiars, so it would be a good idea to find a way to truly differentiate them, or make being a Muut a job (for after graduation) rather than a subspecies.

Echoing what sosos said, it would be a really good idea to clear that up.

Deities in Halloween: they exist, but they aren't truly gods here, like they were considered once in the human world. More like, they're the old geezer in the crumbling mansion on the hill, telling anyone who will listen about the glory days when they were worshiped and how kids these days have no standards,

I'll keep that in mind. I mean maybe one day someone can find the original Muut and be like "Oh he's not that fantastic as the tale claimed" or some crap as of right now I consider the deity more like a 'MIA' thing. No one has seen him to confirm if what is said is true or not. Basically the origin is just a really fancy rumor because the Muut want to sound awesome. I am still pondering a way on how to truly make them different other than their origins are based on Native American origins and work exclusively with owls.

Pales

Demonic Gatekeeper

Toshihiko Two
Crew

Sugary Marshmallow

PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2011 10:03 pm
I know it's been the rule in the past that weapons/pets/items are a Reaper-only thing. But sometimes it makes sense for a monster (oni, kanobo) or a ghost (haunt, their object they're tied to) or undead (mummy, bugs ... knight, sword), demon (kitsune, ball) or various other species to carry animals or weapons. And this is the case with several instances of student art. Halloweeners, after all, use tools and items. On the field trip, all the students used weapons.

Blade suggested that what made Reapers distinctive is the ability to summon/de-summon their weapons - that with normal Halloween members an item (like a shoe or a pet) could be lost or broken, but that with Reapers it was the summoning instead of the ability to use tools that was species-specific.

Whatever the solution, I think it is something that needs addressing. Is there a chance of clarifying this rule?  
THIS IS HALLOWEEN

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 47 48 49 50 51 52 ... 156 157 158 159 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games