Welcome to Gaia! ::

Galactic Empire: The Official Star Wars Guild

Back to Guilds

The Official Star Wars guild since it's creation nearly 8 years ago. Join the Empire, be part of the legacy. 

Tags: Star Wars, Official, Jedi, Sith, Empire 

Reply The Outer Rim
OGG Publisher's Office: Now handling requests and complaints Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 47 48 49 50 51 52 ... 79 80 81 82 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Does this belong in the Outer Rim?
  Yes
  No
View Results

Sol Walker
Crew

PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2007 3:55 pm
You want to deploy these things in SPACE?!  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2007 4:09 pm
That is his intent, yes...Oh and what is your say on his CR-120 Corvette?  

PaulTheWolf5575

stellarmagic

PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2007 4:22 pm
This is rather humorous because I'll probably not be using my Metal Strills in boarding actions again. They're meant primarily for ground combat, but zero-g boardings is just another one of their features.  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2007 4:25 pm
Fine, consider the idea scrapped then  

ElladanKenet
Crew

Ral Roke

Dangerous Hunter

PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2007 4:34 pm
Hey Cale, do you think I need to add anything to the entry of Vorzyd V, or I am good to go?  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2007 4:40 pm
PaulTheWolf5575
That is his intent, yes...Oh and what is your say on his CR-120 Corvette?

ElladanKenet
Crew

Ral Roke

Dangerous Hunter

PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2007 8:46 pm
I posted the Gambler's World. Let me know if it's inadequate (although I'm sure what the answer is).
Needs more text.  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2007 9:55 pm
I promised a Frigate and here she is...

Ladies and Gentleman, the Glaive

The Glaive class Frigate
User Image
User Image

Name: Glaive class Star Frigate
Role: Light Fleet Roles/Light Carrier, Others
Manufacturer: Kuat Drive Yards
Length: 350 Meters
Maximum Acceleration: 50 MGLT
Engines: 4 KDY MaxThrust Ion Engines
Hyperdrive: 1X/8X
Hyper Drive: KDY Mk.VII hyperdrive
Shields: KDY Class III generator (Moderate)
Armor: Moderate
Sensors: KDY Mastersuite Class IV
Comm: Full Suite
Weapons:
20 Class 7 Turbolasers
10 Class 7 Ion Cannons
12 Class 6 Quad Lasers
4 Class 8 Warhead Tubes
2 Tractor Beams
Fighter Complement: 3 Squadrons, shuttles
Crew: 750
Passengers: 100 (Troops)
Cargo Capacity: 5,000 Metric Tons
Consumables: 2 years

The Galactic Alliance, almost a decade ago, faced a conundrum. Their current Star Frigate was fast becoming a thing of obsolescence, and they could either modernize all of them, or craft a new vessel to fulfill the need. The Senate Military Committee seemed deadlocked on the issue until Kuat Drive Yards proposed a new design. They took their cues from the old Nebulon B, a work horse of the Rebellion and New Republic. Their new ship was comparatively cheap, and fulfilled all the roles that were needed of it.

They christened the new ship the Glaive, and she is an excellent choice for the roles she was designed for. Created to fulfill the Light Fleet role, and thus she is fast, well shielded and armored for a vessel of her size, and carries enough weapons to match vessels in her weight range and challenge some Heavy Star Frigates while dominating smaller vessels. A fifth of a hundred Turbolasers dot the frame, while 10 Ion Cannons are in place for disabling enemy vessels. She also has a dozen Quad Laser turrets designed to deal with enemy fighters and warheads. The centerpoint of her anti-capital ship armament is, however, the quartet of heavy warhead tubes located in a cluster on the nose of the vessel.

She also can carry up to three squadrons of fighters, an improvement on the Nebulon B’s original two. This makes her, when paired with some transports, an excellent convoy raider.

She does have some drawbacks, however. For instance, when faced with anything heavier than a Heavy Star Frigate on the lighter end of the spectrum, most Glaive skippers do the smart thing and run. Also, with all the Warhead Tubes in one location it makes them easy to take out, which, in the middle of a fight, can definitely hamstring the Frigate. She also only has one fighter bay, located in the rear of the vessel , and knocking that out can mess with her to no end.

The Glaive however, made a good showing of herself during the war, outnumbering both Wombats and Gladiuses, and on many occasions beating them soundly. The Empire, however, would often times simply role over the Glaive with heavier vessels. The Frigate is still fairly prolific throughout the Galaxy, as the design has been manufactured by several other design interests. Some have varying configurations, but the most common is still the original Alliance config. She is almost a decade old now, but is still keeping up with the more modern vessels afield. She is a common sight in Sector Defense Fleets and Rebel Groups.  

PaulTheWolf5575

PaulTheWolf5575

PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2007 10:44 pm
Corvette, Gunship class

The DP-75 Class Gunship

User Image

Name: DP-75 Class Gunship
Role: Gunship
Manufacturer: Corellian Engineering Corporation, others
Length: 175 Meter
Maximum Acceleration: 55 MGLT
Engines: 3 CEC Mk.VII engines
Hyperdrive: 1.2X/8X
Hyperdrive: CEC JumpStar
Shields: CEC Shield Star (Light)
Armor: Moderate
Sensors: CEC ScanMaster V
Communications: Full
Weapons:
20 Class 5 Turbolasers
10 Class 5 Quadlasers
6 Class 6 Warhead Launchers
Crew: 10-50
Passengers: None
Cargo: 1 Metric Ton
Consumables: 6 Months

The DP-75 was created as a modernization of the DP-50, and its upgrade kits. CEC decided that a new Gunship was needed. The DP-75 was produced to fulfill the same role as the old DP-20, and Corellian Engineering Corporation began manufacturing the DP-75, it excelled in its intended Role, and the Galactic Alliance snapped up the design immediately. Several other design concerns snapped up the ship as well, and she is a common sight among defense fleets and pirate and rebel groups.

The DP-75 has a blistering array of 20 Class 5 Turbolasers, making her one of the deadliest ships in her weight class against capital ships. A decade of Quadlasers allay her fears of Starfighters, while 6 Warhead Launchers give her an edge against other vessels of a similar weight class.

She is fast, and possesses excellent sensors. Her shields, however, are light. Her armor is thicker, but cannot take too much punishment. She also cannot carry much cargo.

Variants exist with heavier shield generators, but they are rarer and slightly slower. A police variant exists, and is common among anti-pirate forces. It swaps 4 of its turbolasers for 4 Class 5 Ion Cannons, and one Warhead Launcher for a tractor beam.  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2007 4:36 am
The DP-75 is unneeded. The CR-120 can customize to become that in about two hours easily. That's basically a waste of credits.  

ElladanKenet
Crew

stellarmagic

PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2007 6:42 am
Alliance Engineering Corporation? That darn corporation that isn't really a corporation but a part of the GLF government.

Make it 350 meters, and cut a couple of the quad laser cannons and its a great replacement for Corona Frigate which replaced the Nebulon B2 that replaced the Nebulon B1.

As for the DP75, EK shut it. A customizable multirole vessel tends to be fragile, the DP series of gunships aren't. I love the DP25, though I thought the 50 was just kinda absurd. This is what you use for starfighter protection and fast attack EK, not the CR unless you're plain desperate. The CR120 is meant as a support ship, providing close protection of frigates from attack from corvettes. You also use it to ferry troops in a contested battlefield. She can defend herself, dropships can't.  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2007 8:36 am
It was part of the GAA government...yes

and yes, this is a dedicated combat vessel, not a multipurpose ship that can be everything from a freighter to a gunship...

And I'll edit it presently...

Edit: Okies, she's edited  

PaulTheWolf5575

Nelowulf
Vice Captain

Codger

6,200 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2007 9:37 am
At this point of the RP, the GAA doesn't exist... Heck, it wasn't around in legacy 1...  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2007 12:42 pm
The frigate could be a CEC design... It looks a lot like the Corellian Missile Frigate.  

stellarmagic

ElladanKenet
Crew

PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2007 1:45 pm
And here I thought we were above insults.

Whatever  
The Outer Rim

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 47 48 49 50 51 52 ... 79 80 81 82 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games