Welcome to Gaia! ::

Galactic Empire: The Official Star Wars Guild

Back to Guilds

The Official Star Wars guild since it's creation nearly 8 years ago. Join the Empire, be part of the legacy. 

Tags: Star Wars, Official, Jedi, Sith, Empire 

Reply The Second Imperium
An Endless Universe Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

lady_skuld

PostPosted: Sat Jun 28, 2008 9:23 pm
KJA just sucks. a**.  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 28, 2008 9:30 pm
lady_skuld
KJA just sucks. a**.
KJA?  

Kiraketsu

AFK Masturbating

PostPosted: Sat Jun 28, 2008 9:34 pm
Kevin J. Anderson.

I'm probably the only person in the guild that likes Anderson. o.o  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 28, 2008 9:35 pm
But he ruined Dune... Made being fat a sexually transmitted disease too...  

lady_skuld

Jaden_Ordo

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2008 12:07 pm
My mind is made up. I really want a Yuuzhan-Vong war FPS. Or a KOTOR type game, where you play some underdogs story.

And Jacen is an idiot without Lumiya.  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2008 12:38 pm
Kiraketsu
stellarmagic
Dark Nest and most if not all of the novels that have followed it in Legacy.
I liked the Legacy of the Force series that was done by the Triumvarite. (Karen Travis/Troy Denning/ aaron allston)

Though troy and karen and the only two that write anything worth reading. AA sucks.

Sometimes people make the best out of bad material. The entire Legacy series story arch has basically taken the character arcs of the NJO, bent them over its knee and whipped em.

Cal Omas goes from a visionary leader who is planning to transform the Republic system with a federalist one and Legacy turns him into a weak leader who is manipulated by an idiot and causes a civil war.

Jacen goes from an uncertain, philosophically orient, and selfless person into a wierd caricature of Anakin Skywalker...

I think what happened is that the plot was decided by a committee of baboons at the Lucas Ranch and the writers have been forced to adhere to it for the sake of their contracts.  

stellarmagic

Jaden_Ordo

PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2008 2:48 pm
That sounds about what GL would do. Make it a near-replica of something else that was successful in order to make money.

But I must say, The Manda'yaim-Verpine alliance is sweeeet. Best warriors in the Galaxy with the best weapon smiths. It don't get much better than that.  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2008 5:06 pm
More like the most illegal weaponsmiths...  

lady_skuld

Jaden_Ordo

PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2008 9:46 pm
Pfft! Paleez! Who is better than the Verpine? Other than my people, themselves?  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2008 10:18 pm
I've yet to see a mandelorian lightsaber, frankly. And whether or not you want to concede how awesome the weapon is, that's up to you. But you've yet to build a better one.  

Nelowulf
Vice Captain

Codger

6,200 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200

Jaden_Ordo

PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2008 11:56 pm
Grr. Mandalorian, thank you.

Fine. Maybe we don't build lightsabers. But any other weapon out there, blaster, vibroblade, ships; we build it better.

It ain't the best weapon, though, the lightsaber. I've seen a lightsaber topped. The Lightwhip was a true marvel, much more impressive than a light stick.  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2008 10:47 pm

Greetings Everyone. I'm new to the guild and I have a question about one of the stories in the Expanded Universe. Mainly during Grand Admiral Thrawn's campaign.

I understood that Thrawn found and used the Spaarti cylinders to clone his troops. But I didn't understand the theory in how the ysalamiri were used to speed up the process.

RedGrail

3,300 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Contributor 150

Nelowulf
Vice Captain

Codger

6,200 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2008 10:54 pm
Probably DNA splicing. It's been a while though, and i'm just winging a guess.  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2008 7:19 am
The Ysalamiri were placed in the same room as the tanks, creating null force bubbles which allowed the clones to grow faster without going insane.  

Sol Walker
Crew

RedGrail

3,300 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Contributor 150
PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2008 12:17 pm
Cale Darksun
The Ysalamiri were placed in the same room as the tanks, creating null force bubbles which allowed the clones to grow faster without going insane.

hmm.. that makes more sense, now. So-- the null force bubbles 'bends' the laws or ways of the force... in a weird way?  
The Second Imperium

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff