Welcome to Gaia! ::

Galactic Empire: The Official Star Wars Guild

Back to Guilds

The Official Star Wars guild since it's creation nearly 8 years ago. Join the Empire, be part of the legacy. 

Tags: Star Wars, Official, Jedi, Sith, Empire 

Reply The Second Imperium
Mos Eisley Cantina Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4927 4928 4929 4930 4931 4932 ... 5665 5666 5667 5668 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

ElladanKenet
Crew

PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2009 9:46 pm
Good question  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2009 10:08 pm
Pingas, not pinga.

Despite the caption, he is in fact saying, " PINGAS! " but you can tell how close it is.

http://pingas.ytmnd.com/  

Darkened Angel
Vice Captain

lady_skuld

PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2009 10:09 pm
sounds more like jenga...  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2009 10:35 pm
I find your lack of faith disturbing.  

Darkened Angel
Vice Captain

Ral Roke

Dangerous Hunter

PostPosted: Sat Jul 25, 2009 6:24 am
Who needs faith these days anyway?  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 25, 2009 7:13 am
Bananas  

ElladanKenet
Crew

Rodyn

PostPosted: Sat Jul 25, 2009 10:23 am
Nelowulf
Eh, I dunno. I don't think TOR is going to get the numbers WoW had for quite a while. Just because it's an MMO doesn't mean you can necessarily say those who play fantasy will switch to sci fi. That, and it's blizzard; if they made a starcraft mmo, TOR would be finished.

Mazken
Blizzard is a pro when it comes to MMO's, everyone knows this..

That's a common misconception. The real reason why WoW is so popular, something that Blizzard themselves admitted, is because of it's low system requirements.  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 25, 2009 12:11 pm
Truthfully, the one thing that's keeping me interested in TOR is the fact that it's Bioware who has yet to truly fail me. Speaking of Bioware it seems like they might be getting a comic for Mass Effect, which I believe will be writtne by the man who wrote KotOR.  

Ral Roke

Dangerous Hunter

Nelowulf
Vice Captain

Codger

6,200 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Sat Jul 25, 2009 12:44 pm
Rodyn
Nelowulf
Eh, I dunno. I don't think TOR is going to get the numbers WoW had for quite a while. Just because it's an MMO doesn't mean you can necessarily say those who play fantasy will switch to sci fi. That, and it's blizzard; if they made a starcraft mmo, TOR would be finished.

Mazken

That's a common misconception. The real reason why WoW is so popular, something that Blizzard themselves admitted, is because of it's low system requirements.

That's more of an opinion. And plus, name a truely terrible blizzard game? You can't. WoW, at best, is "too expensive" and "full of noobs". Yet it still functions wonderfully, has quite a bit of lore and storyline, and looks a hundred times better than any other mmo I know of.

Low system requirements? maybe, but it looks great anyway.  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 25, 2009 12:51 pm
Nelowulf
Rodyn
Nelowulf

Mazken

That's more of an opinion. And plus, name a truely terrible blizzard game? You can't. WoW, at best, is "too expensive" and "full of noobs". Yet it still functions wonderfully, has quite a bit of lore and storyline, and looks a hundred times better than any other mmo I know of.

I wouldn't say "great" (particularly the character models) but it's adequate. However, I'm not one of those guys that judges a game based on graphics.  

Rodyn

Ral Roke

Dangerous Hunter

PostPosted: Sat Jul 25, 2009 1:28 pm
Rodyn
Nelowulf
Rodyn
Nelowulf

Mazken

I wouldn't say "great" (particularly the character models) but it's adequate. However, I'm not one of those guys that judges a game based on graphics.
The reason it doesn't look as "great" anymore is because the game is what: four years old now? Not to mention that many following MMO's tried to copy and mimic the style of the game. It is still is a good looking game despite it's age. And like Nelo said Blizzard really hasn't made a truly bad game, which make the wait for D3 so painful.  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 25, 2009 1:55 pm
So WoW is broadening its gameplay a bit, most MMOs do that as they age. Take EVE Online for example, the last two patches included massive new features for questing, something that has been pretty much secondary up till now.

I just wish Galaxies wasn't so crappy, and expensive... Thats probably what'll hurt TOR the most, paying $50 for the box and another $15-20 a month... Bah!

Of course how can I complain? I shelve out $10 a month for EVE Online (Low rates for longer subscriptions FTW).  

stellarmagic

ElladanKenet
Crew

PostPosted: Sat Jul 25, 2009 3:25 pm
I lack a job, and thus funds to pay for subscription fees. It's hard enough shoveling down $50+ for a game and it's expansions

D3 better be free, that's all I gotta say  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 25, 2009 3:32 pm
stellarmagic
I just wish Galaxies wasn't so crappy, and expensive... Thats probably what'll hurt TOR the most, paying $50 for the box and another $15-20 a month... Bah!

If it'll hurt TOR at all, then it won't be much considering $15 is the MMO standard.  

Rodyn

stellarmagic

PostPosted: Sat Jul 25, 2009 4:01 pm
What do you guys know about the Pre-CU Galaxies Emulation servers? Do they work? Are they fun?

But most important for those of us with little cash... are they free?  
The Second Imperium

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4927 4928 4929 4930 4931 4932 ... 5665 5666 5667 5668 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games