Welcome to Gaia! ::

Galactic Empire: The Official Star Wars Guild

Back to Guilds

The Official Star Wars guild since it's creation nearly 8 years ago. Join the Empire, be part of the legacy. 

Tags: Star Wars, Official, Jedi, Sith, Empire 

Reply The Second Imperium
Mos Eisley Cantina Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4939 4940 4941 4942 4943 4944 ... 5665 5666 5667 5668 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

RegalFirebird

PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2009 2:02 pm
I WANT AN XBOX!!!!!!!!! .....  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2009 2:30 pm
Cale Darksun
Read their rules and guidelines. Maybe you missed something there.

Yeah, I looked. The only thing I could see was that they don't allow bumping. Which is ridiculous in this situation because with literally hundreds of other guilds in the Republic guild recruitment forum, I have to bump in order to be noticed.  

Rodyn

Darkened Angel
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2009 7:35 pm
Were you just bumping, or saying something discussion-wise?

If you just posted " bump " I can see why they'd do it, even though it still sucks.

I was banned from a forum site before, for being a girl. Apparently a bunch of horny, immature guys kept flaming me for pics and crap, and because everywhere I went, they followed, bringing that same BS each time, I was seen as the source for all the flaming.

Of course, now I found out that it's probably that the forum site went down, but the timing was so coincidental that I can't help but think I'm at least partially right.  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2009 8:06 pm
Darkened Angel
Were you just bumping, or saying something discussion-wise?

If you just posted " bump " I can see why they'd do it, even though it still sucks.

I was banned from a forum site before, for being a girl. Apparently a bunch of horny, immature guys kept flaming me for pics and crap, and because everywhere I went, they followed, bringing that same BS each time, I was seen as the source for all the flaming.

Of course, now I found out that it's probably that the forum site went down, but the timing was so coincidental that I can't help but think I'm at least partially right.

I put "bump" first, which was deleted. So then another member and I started posting "recruiting", "still recruiting", etc. None of them were deleted, so I assumed it was okay. Then they locked it with what felt like to me as "Bad dog!"  

Rodyn

Darkened Angel
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2009 8:30 pm
Yeah, that seems like bad moderating. They should at least make sure you know what you did wrong or point you in the direction to see for yourself.  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2009 9:22 pm
Indeed  

ElladanKenet
Crew

Darkened Angel
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2009 9:30 pm
Moo.  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2009 11:07 pm
I have a newfound love for the Firefly series. I'm honestly astounded by the quality of the show.  

Jaden_Ordo

Darkened Angel
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2009 11:34 pm
I wanna see more Doctor Who.  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2009 1:25 am
Well, I've discovered that it wasn't just my thread that was locked. It was the entire forum.

http://swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=56590  

Rodyn

Darkened Angel
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2009 1:41 am
Well that clears that up. It wasn't you, but the entire guild stuff being abused and people complaining about it.

Still sucks though.

On another site, I had a thread that was reported, despite the fact that I put specific rules for people to behave in the thread, and as such, didn't violate any rules. It was reported by this really whiny b***h that just likes doing crap like that every chance she gets.

Here's the big issue: The moderators on that site weren't all adults, and the thread in question was posted in the hidden adult section of the site that you can only see if the owner sets your account's access to it. As such, half the users had no idea it existed. However, the thread that the reports go to are visible to everyone that's a moderator.

So, the non-adult mods see a report for a thread in an area that doesn't exist from what they know. That creates a big WTF episode and everyone freaks out like, " OMG! The admins are perverts! " etc.

Fortunately, I didn't get slapped with the blame for causing it, since the mods able to check it out confirmed I did nothing wrong.  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2009 7:43 am
I used to go to the RandomSabers forum (a place I regret ever going to), and I was temp-banned twice because this kid kept getting into arguments with me. It would start off with him giving me some kind of insult, subtle or obvious, I would ask him what he meant by that, then the argument would grow. And even though he started them, I was the only one who was banned.

And then there was that Star Trek guild I joined on Gaia. This one is a bit of a longer story, but to shorten it: I said a few things that I didn't know were offensive, but instead of facing me about what I said (confrontation, talking, whatever) they just all complained to the leader, who kicked me.

Oh, and then there was this other time on TheForce.net forums where I was posting in this thread, when another guy in the thread suddenly said something like, "Well, I don't know about that Jack-as... I mean Jakar," which ticked me off, so I responded with something similar, but an alteration of his name of course (the insult wasn't fully spelled out, like what he did) , and I was banned, but he wasn't.

But it was from those experiences that I learned not to rise to the bait. No matter how much I want to.  

Rodyn

Nelowulf
Vice Captain

Codger

6,200 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2009 8:42 am
heh, I remember a guild asked me to come into there and help them rebuild it. I told them what i found wrong, what they could do to change it, etcetera. Mods were lazy though, and kept altering all my posts with their own issues, and i edited them back. Apparantly, editing my posts is a good idea, but i can't edit them back.

They would concise the list down from 15 suggestions to 3, and i kept pointing out that "enforcing flaming" is not the same as "guild recruitment". But since it took a week to get a response each time, i couldn't care. But then I get banned for apparantly "killing all activity off" and "harassment issues", even though all six of my posts were in the crew forum, and nobody posted once in the month i was there elsewhere.  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2009 1:14 pm
Nelowulf
heh, I remember a guild asked me to come into there and help them rebuild it. I told them what i found wrong, what they could do to change it, etcetera. Mods were lazy though, and kept altering all my posts with their own issues, and i edited them back. Apparantly, editing my posts is a good idea, but i can't edit them back.

They would concise the list down from 15 suggestions to 3, and i kept pointing out that "enforcing flaming" is not the same as "guild recruitment". But since it took a week to get a response each time, i couldn't care. But then I get banned for apparantly "killing all activity off" and "harassment issues", even though all six of my posts were in the crew forum, and nobody posted once in the month i was there elsewhere.

Welcome to my world.

Or is it the other way around?

In any case, I sympathize. People want help, but they don't like the ideas you pitch, especially if they didn't think about it themselves. They fear sharing power, because while they admit change is good, they're afraid of that change happening.

And some people are just too stubborn to muddle out of their archaic ways  

ElladanKenet
Crew

Missing00

Invisible Guildsman

9,100 Points
  • Guildmember 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Noob wrangler 100
PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2009 4:29 pm
hey guys  
The Second Imperium

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4939 4940 4941 4942 4943 4944 ... 5665 5666 5667 5668 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games