Welcome to Gaia! ::

Galactic Empire: The Official Star Wars Guild

Back to Guilds

The Official Star Wars guild since it's creation nearly 8 years ago. Join the Empire, be part of the legacy. 

Tags: Star Wars, Official, Jedi, Sith, Empire 

Reply The Second Imperium
Mos Eisley Cantina Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4961 4962 4963 4964 4965 4966 ... 5665 5666 5667 5668 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

ElladanKenet
Crew

PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2009 9:40 am
burning_eyes  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2009 10:52 am
ninja

iKuumi

Lonely Lunatic

7,600 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Generous 100

Nelowulf
Vice Captain

Codger

6,200 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2009 11:34 am
Jaden_Ordo
I wear just a ghillie head piece, cause it helps when I'm lying down, but Nelo is right, the whole suit is just too damn hard to clean and replace.

The other problem is that depending on who you meet, you might not find opponents who want to go against you because you look like you're trying to be too hard core. Which they'll either claim is stupid, or not fun. Then there is the issue of the fact that a lot of places don't let you do it, as well as the fact that a smart person would know that you'd have to know the various locations to get the proper foliage...  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2009 12:19 pm
I play mostly in the woods and at Skirmish USA. They get kinda finicky about full suits, but they usually don't mind the headpieces. And usually everyone there is just as into it as you are, especially during large events. Like Normandy, Stalingrad, etc.

But otherwise, I agree.  

Jaden_Ordo

Nelowulf
Vice Captain

Codger

6,200 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2009 12:32 pm
I was talking more at like the local paintball arena.  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2009 4:05 pm
Jaden_Ordo
Fausty, you paintball?

Yeah bro. Dude, Skirmish USA in PA? I'm going there Sunday biggrin For a normal match. Paint for Pain, totally. Nelo, you play too?

And no, the suit is actually really easy to clean biggrin I'll just stick it in green dye again lol. My suit doesn't cover the entire body. It's just my back. I stay low anyway. So my head, back and legs will be "all ghillied up." > smile But in twenty minutes, half the suit was finished. I'll agree it takes a lot of time to ge the strings on, but in the end I'll just dye it over.

Today are my b-day biggrin biggrin  

Valkore Fraust

Nelowulf
Vice Captain

Codger

6,200 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2009 4:18 pm
Oh, so you got a junky suit then. by all means, have fun then.  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2009 4:21 pm
A.. junky suit? No, it actually looks good. Gosh thanks. I'll have fun regardless razz It's not meant to make me invisible, but whatever works.  

Valkore Fraust

Nelowulf
Vice Captain

Codger

6,200 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2009 4:25 pm
A USMC ghillie suit has no uniformity in color. I'm assuming since you just "stick it in green dye", that it came all one color to begin with. The military makes particular note when it comes to sniper gear that no two pieces are uniform or identical, because it's how one dies. There's plenty of knockoff companies, however, that don't quite have teh taxpayers supporting them, so they often times make "cookie cutter" suits, which are all the same, and colored either one color, or have the generally crappy "camo pattern" blasted on them, since few people who buy from those companies usually know the difference.

I'm just assuming, though, from your descriptions. A decent suit should have canvas, string, twine, plastic, pvc tubing, and a couple other different materials on it.  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2009 4:28 pm
Well, I'm not in the USMC yet wink This is just my simple suit. And it's not entirely done. Also, it's for paintball. If I knew I was in a life or death situation, I'd work much harder on my suit. But so far, it's not done. I'm going to wrap fake leaves around it as well.

So, I'm not going to be in one spot trying to be undetected while picking off targets. Nah, I'm going to be running around with a bit more camouflage. Let's be honest, with the corner of your eye, you can't see someone in a ghillie suit.  

Valkore Fraust

Nelowulf
Vice Captain

Codger

6,200 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2009 4:31 pm
Out of the corner of your eye, you can spot a moving target, though. Personally, I gave up paintball. It was just cheaper to shoot the real thing. Me and my friend started taking up "rambo paintball", though.

Slingshots, spraypaint, and "knife-fights" using paintbrushes. Which reminds me, I wonder how that old paint compressor is doing...  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2009 4:38 pm
A moving target, sure. Not someone crouched in a ghillie suit. But so far it looks pretty good, aside from the black net (which can be dyed). I'll post a picture link.

But not to sound like an a**, but calling my suit "junky" annoyed me :/

Edit: That's hardcore. The worst thing I've ever played was paint for pain: shoot till your paint is out (technically winning, just not quite) or give in from the pain (losing.)  

Valkore Fraust

Jaden_Ordo

PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2009 4:57 pm
Moo.  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2009 5:39 pm
I tend to be an a** every now and again. Honestly, a ghillie suit in a paintball game is somewhat insulting to me, but eh. It's not so much you, necessarily, as those city punks who wear them. See, some of these paintball courses are simply blowup barriers that are put in a confined area. Yet tweedle d**k and tweedle dumbass think they're hot to trot because they'll be fully cammoed up and whatnot... Even though the barriers are yellow, bright red, etc.  

Nelowulf
Vice Captain

Codger

6,200 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200

Sol Walker
Crew

PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2009 7:02 pm
this year's summer event seems less entertaining than previous ones....  
The Second Imperium

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4961 4962 4963 4964 4965 4966 ... 5665 5666 5667 5668 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games