Welcome to Gaia! ::

Digimon: Tamer Island Guild

Back to Guilds

#1 Digimon Guild where you can actually be a Tamer with your very own Digimon. 

Tags: Digimon, Tamer, Island, Digimon Tamer, Tamer Island 

Reply DigiLine (Tamer Profile Forum)
〖Tamer room〗 Windy Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 496 497 498 499 500 501 ... 528 529 530 531 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

What is your favorite attribute?
  ☠ Virus ☠
  ✾ Vaccine ✾
  ۞ Data ۞
  ♽ Hybrid ♽
  ✦ None/Unknown ✦
View Results

Kizadek

Beloved Lunatic

9,325 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Luck of the Draw 50
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2011 8:48 pm
I have always enjoyed Reading Shakespeare, and other 'difficult' reads due to the fact that in general, I have no problem reading him. Normally the problem comes when reading aloud because I will read the sentence in the book, and somewhere along in my mind it translates into common language for today and I will say that instead. My classmates enjoy it, but my teachers despise it because I am doing their work for them even if it is absentmindedly. I am actually planning on having Hermmon speak in iambic parameter for fun! I have always wanted a character to speak in poems, and he seems to be the perfect candidate. Now if I can find a virus/vaccine combo to sit on my shoulders and argue about what i should do all day my character would be complete...completely insane. But hey, that why I love him!

I have found recently though that for many members here it becomes easiest if I separate my thoughts more clearly because I believe that they get jumbled up in paragraph form. On occasion i even number them if I believe the person I am addressing has an utter lack of ability to comprehend even the separated version of my thought processing.

And you are very luck to be fluent in spanish, I never learned the language, and I regret that. I took spanish 1&2 but i have learned more spanish at my part time job conversing with cooks, and customers than I did in those classes combined.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2011 9:03 pm

That's what I want for Argomon although to speak more in a style like the Oddesy or in an old-class style of speaking. Not only would it expand my own vocabulary, but understanding for those readings as well. No other Greek-myth sparks my interest more than Argus and other minor characters that don't really appear to have much attention unlike Poseidon or Zeus for example. I blame their roles. What do you mean by Virus/Vaccine combo anyways?

I'm quite grateful, but I moved onto speaking English early by third grade. I have no idea how I managed to adjust so quickly- but I did. Though, now so many years by speaking more of English in public and small interaction between my family in Spanish, they criticize me for sounding more 'white' now. Sure there are a few proper English terms I've forgotten, but it bugs me a little how now in this decade a person has to have that accent in order to be taken seriously. Trust me, I don't sound like a person (applying no offense towards anyone) who just stepped out of a Spanish room for the first time. I'm sure everyone can tell whenever an individual is practicing a new language because their tongues can't pronounce it correctly. It does bug me little to have your family and friends tease you about it- though I don't blame them. Although, genetically my fathers genes are more dominant than my mothers- at least that's what I believe whenever they comment on how 'light' my Spanish accent is. I don't know how to put it into words- the accent of native speakers, but you understand what i'm trying to translate right?

I really find it interesting how our generations language and speech change. Imagine if we still continued to speak as Shakespear wrote- then again, correct me if i'm wrong but isn't that due to being an actual Englishman?

Edit: Now i'm amused seeing how each of our post are growing longer in responses. Lol.

Im Windspirit

Kizadek

Beloved Lunatic

9,325 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Luck of the Draw 50
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2011 9:18 pm
Yeah, I blame the long post due to this random chick i met on the internet in a common interest chat room that I joined randomly one day. You might like her, she calls herself sprinting wind ,or something to that effect, and tends to dress in a red outfit, or her avatar dresses in red that is.

Virus vaccine combo= angel/devil combo you see on slapstick cartoons shoulders when they are faced with a moral decision. I decided that in the digital world it would be fun to have a champion or ultimate level duo appear when I am in such a moral issue, and have each give me their opinion. Yeah, I'm a little weird like that.

As far as your rant about people originating from foreign countries having an accent, I believe i understood what you meant, and personally i Enjoy the accent, but once again i enjoy human interactions simply because i like to watch how each individual reacts to certain situations, though i find myself pondering why that would be their response and generally create a back story that justifies their actions.

It would be hard to speak like Shakespeare on account of the number of words he invented. Personally i have only ever invented one word so I would have an especially difficult time adjusting. With that satyrical comment out of the way however i will admit that I believe we would all be more intelligent for it because it would stretch our brains daily in order to simply converse amongst ourselves. Though i fear we would have some simply give up and take to being silent and not interacting in a desperate attempt to make life Easy.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2011 9:40 pm

For the girl you are referencing, wow, that's really strange to hear. So weird how a lot of individuals can share at least one link or interest without ever encountering each other.

Ohhhh- then you might be interest in Petitmamon then. Since it is RP related, you can just enhance their existence for your character-I mean you don't have to practically own them. Though if you are looking into a higher level- you need to keep looking then.Um, I know Murmuxmon's champion form, Boogeymon plays the perfect role of the stereotypical Devil character, but I don't know much about Vaccines.

Shakespeare invented his vocabulary? That I did not know.

Im Windspirit

Kizadek

Beloved Lunatic

9,325 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Luck of the Draw 50
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2011 9:54 pm
Indeed Boogeymon would be most excelent, and i did not realie i actually dont have to own them, that makes this plan much more workable...
Boogeymon meets piddomon?

Words by Shakespear
Ok maybe he didnt make them all up and possibly used words already in use just not in usage in books and such as those would have used higher language of that day, I can only imagine trying to translate that stuff, but i think whenever he found that he needed a new word for something he just made one up!

PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2011 9:58 pm

Perfect! Piddomon is a good substitute to carry that in addition to having two wings. I forgot about him, actually.

(:

Im Windspirit

Kizadek

Beloved Lunatic

9,325 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Luck of the Draw 50
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2011 10:01 pm
yes, He seems to be the forgotten one, but angemon is so awesome...
I always group piddomon and D'arc mon together...

PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2011 10:19 pm
*is trying to remember stuff from Shakespeare*

>;o I'm sorry guys, I'm not much of the literary type. I'm more of VAPA and scientific subjects. xD I always fell asleep when reading and just... It's pretty self-explanatory ;P I really dislike English, well, literature that is.

Also, my comment on language, if we still spoke as Shakespeare wrote, it wouldn't actually be hard to speak, but instead easy. We would have grown up learning that language because the language wouldn't have really changed. ;P So it'd be just like how we speak now, with ease and such, except in a different way. xD

Teh Soupreme

Im Windspirit

PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2011 5:26 pm

Yea, but it is interesting to think about it.

Would you give your comments onthis? I'm settling down for traditional art, and well I never have drawn either of those monsters.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2011 5:29 pm
I think it looks good Windy.  

UnHolyFudge

Unholy Sage

Im Windspirit

PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2011 5:31 pm

Thank you.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2011 5:32 pm
Now that's cool!!! I like it 3nodding

I like it a lot!!! xD

-InsertEgoHere- Liger
Crew

Married Shapeshifter

14,450 Points
  • Married 100
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200

Sun Hou Yi

Greedy Lunatic

9,825 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Marathon 300
  • Battle: Mage 100
PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2011 5:33 pm
Im Windspirit

Yea, but it is interesting to think about it.

Would you give your comments onthis? I'm settling down for traditional art, and well I never have drawn either of those monsters.

Guilmon, Good
Monmon, I'm scared he looks like Makuramon and that guy freaked me out in the anime XD
Overall:Amazing, I recamend starting to use colors ^^  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2011 5:43 pm

Thank you guys, and level, of coarse he does! He looks adorable and very similar to makuramon. The shadow casting below his jawline is missing, so it may appear strange.

Im Windspirit

UnHolyFudge

Unholy Sage

PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2011 5:45 pm
Kinda looks like Guilmon is going to try and grab monmon's tail.  
DigiLine (Tamer Profile Forum)

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 496 497 498 499 500 501 ... 528 529 530 531 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games