Welcome to Gaia! ::

Friends of English Magic - for readers and fans of fantasy

Back to Guilds

A guild for fans of fantasy books - we have discussions, contests, and games! 

Tags: english, fantasy, magic, book, scifi 

Reply dead threads - do not post
Crazy Dreams Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

GhostYYZ

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2007 7:27 am
icechild21
Lhia_Dunwaith
icechild21
That stinks, Why are your guys' dreams so much more violent then mine? And, now I tell you my most recent dream, which is contradictory to the above statment. I remember it was long, but it faded quickly so all I can remember was that in the fourth book of Twilight, Bella ends up throwing herself in the way of a car or something, and dieing. Yeah... I don't think I killed her, but I am pretty sure I took Edward and Jacob. Or mabey they killed themselves... No wiat! Jacob ended up Imprinting on Jessica or Angela!

Well, you don't know GhostYYZ like I do. He has these dreams every night. rolleyes

Oh. I feel so lonely! You guys all know each other in real life. Well, some. And I know none.

Don't worry, I only know a couple people here for real. Besides, I'm sure you have friends none of us know about. I'm sure that makes it even. Anyways, I dreamed of WWIII last night. Nuclear disaster in the end. It was terrible. I've had this one before. Lhia knows it. The world divided up into two teams... as with all world wars. But, the technology was like, futuristic. Like, I killed a guy who had some camauflage device that would make you seem invisible. Even though it was a technology thing that projected the surroundind images onto your clothes. Except a lot more high-tech than I just made it sound. So, highlights of my dream. I snuck into enemy territory and drowned my friend gemela_dos (sorry) while she was on break. My girlfriend died in my hands. Lhia died next to me in battle. I hi-jacked a submarine and fled underwater when both sides unleashed their nuclear bombs. And, I came back and was the last person on earth. Let me tell you. It's lonely being the last person alive. It really sucks. Well, hopefully you all enjoyed another of my many morbid dreams.lol.  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2007 7:51 am
maidentears
I have some pretty crazy dreams too... I'm trying to keep a dream journal of the ones that REALLY throw me off. I haven't had too many ones from books lately, but I do remember that I had one where I was Lyra and my crush Kyle was the other kid from His Dark Materials (brain freeze, this is gonna bug me to no end until I remember his name... Sam? No, wait, that's not it...). It was the romance scene from the end of The Subtle Knife, and it was really sweet, and romantic and then I woke up. sad Life seems so unbearably unfair, sometimes.
GhostYYZ, I can defintely sympathize with the nightmares, I get about one a week. But mine generaly aren't that violent, but more... how do I put it... playing with my mind? Like they make me feel guilty about myself, or mind-numbingly sad about things I find joy in when I'm awake, or just terrified. I had one like that about flesh-eating mermaids in what I imagine Venice to be like. *shivers* The waters were so cold...
Does anyone else actually feel things in dreams? People tell me all the time that I'm completely weird for it, but I feel everything from amputation to kisses in dreams. Am I alone?

You're not alone. I sometimes feel stuff in my dreams, but not to the full extent that I would in real life. For instance, in the dream I recently posted, I really felt the needle poking me in the neck.  

gemela_dos

Heroic Gekko

15,450 Points
  • Overstocked 200
  • Nuclear Plant 500
  • Bunny Hoarder 150

GhostYYZ

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2007 1:00 pm
gemela_dos
maidentears
I have some pretty crazy dreams too... I'm trying to keep a dream journal of the ones that REALLY throw me off. I haven't had too many ones from books lately, but I do remember that I had one where I was Lyra and my crush Kyle was the other kid from His Dark Materials (brain freeze, this is gonna bug me to no end until I remember his name... Sam? No, wait, that's not it...). It was the romance scene from the end of The Subtle Knife, and it was really sweet, and romantic and then I woke up. sad Life seems so unbearably unfair, sometimes.
GhostYYZ, I can defintely sympathize with the nightmares, I get about one a week. But mine generaly aren't that violent, but more... how do I put it... playing with my mind? Like they make me feel guilty about myself, or mind-numbingly sad about things I find joy in when I'm awake, or just terrified. I had one like that about flesh-eating mermaids in what I imagine Venice to be like. *shivers* The waters were so cold...
Does anyone else actually feel things in dreams? People tell me all the time that I'm completely weird for it, but I feel everything from amputation to kisses in dreams. Am I alone?

You're not alone. I sometimes feel stuff in my dreams, but not to the full extent that I would in real life. For instance, in the dream I recently posted, I really felt the nettle poking me in the neck.

Yeah, a lot of my nightmares aren't so much violent as they are lonely. I guess that's because I'm always afraid everyone's going to leave me... if that makes any sense. The violent ones are just more interesting. My other ones are where I'm in various situations such as a maze or valley and no one's there and I can't get out. I always wake up really sad after those. crying I hate going to sleep. I can't remember the last time I had a normal dream... or a good one. As for feeling things in my dreams, definately. Often times I have dreams of war where all my friends are involved and... in the end everyone is dead, and I've found some way to live. But, of course during war I come up with a few hand to hand combat situations. I've been hit by steel staffs, arrows, hands, feet, I've actually been electricuted before. I can definately feel it, but it's weaker than it would feel in rea life.  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2007 5:50 am
GhostYYZ
gemela_dos
maidentears

You're not alone. I sometimes feel stuff in my dreams, but not to the full extent that I would in real life. For instance, in the dream I recently posted, I really felt the nettle poking me in the neck.

Yeah, a lot of my nightmares aren't so much violent as they are lonely. I guess that's because I'm always afraid everyone's going to leave me... if that makes any sense. The violent ones are just more interesting. My other ones are where I'm in various situations such as a maze or valley and no one's there and I can't get out. I always wake up really sad after those. crying I hate going to sleep. I can't remember the last time I had a normal dream... or a good one. As for feeling things in my dreams, definately. Often times I have dreams of war where all my friends are involved and... in the end everyone is dead, and I've found some way to live. But, of course during war I come up with a few hand to hand combat situations. I've been hit by steel staffs, arrows, hands, feet, I've actually been electricuted before. I can definately feel it, but it's weaker than it would feel in rea life.

I feel stuff too. A lot, actually. Mainly things like heat and cold. I don't feel pain in dreams, which is good, I guess.  

Lhia Dunwaith

GhostYYZ

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2007 7:32 am
Actually, I don't think I've ever felt different tempuratures in my dreams. It's always physical contact with something, usually it's causing me or them pain.  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2007 1:02 pm
okay, i had another dream. it kept changing from thing to thing, but this one part was funny. we (rose and i) had got up to get ready for school, and a telemarketer called. rose answered the phone and they asked for our mom. rose said shes sleeping and the woman didnt believe her. "it's 5:30 in the morning, of course shes asleep!" the woman still didnt beleive her, but then she asked if anyone else was home, and rose said no. she said, "you mean there's no one else there to take care of you!?" she seemed to think that our mom just abandoned her children. then the woman wanted to know if there were some of our mom's friends she could maybe talk to, and rose said "yeah, we've got friends, matter of fact i have so many friends i dont know which one to call!" then the woman got really angry and asked again if there was someone else there. rose said that i was here too, and then started talking about our "twin powers". then the woman just hung up. it was a lot funnier in the dream, but i thought that i would share it anyway.  

gemela_dos

Heroic Gekko

15,450 Points
  • Overstocked 200
  • Nuclear Plant 500
  • Bunny Hoarder 150

Sita Harker
Captain

6,000 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2007 6:53 pm
Lhia_Dunwaith
GhostYYZ
gemela_dos
maidentears

I feel stuff too. A lot, actually. Mainly things like heat and cold. I don't feel pain in dreams, which is good, I guess.

I once felt fabric... and I think I have felt other things. When I have my nightmares where I'm on a swing and it goes to high, I feel the horrible leaping in my stomach from going up and down.  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2007 6:56 pm
GhostYYZ
Does anyone think it's a bad thing if nobody but me is alive by the end of my dream? Because either there's nobody in my dream... or they all die. AND NO I DON'T KILL EVERYONE like gemela_dos likes to imply. I've actually saved her life before... depending on how you look at it, I have...Anyways, I just survived the nuclear warfare of WWIII in my dream last night. But let me tell you, it's really lonely being the last person on earth. So glad it was only a dream... nightmare... thing.

"I'm the last person alive... I finally have time to read all the books I've wanted to read!"
*glasses break*
"B-but I had all the time in the world!"

crying crying crying crying crying crying  

Sita Harker
Captain

6,000 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100

Sita Harker
Captain

6,000 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2007 7:16 pm
hedwigs_
I seem to vaguely remember thinking 'Why isn't there a driver?' when the train was crashing in the film Anastasia (which I haven't seen for about six years, so I may have my facts wrong.)

I know! I think that the little demons may have eaten/killed the driver sad  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2007 6:34 pm
~Arabella Strange~
GhostYYZ
Does anyone think it's a bad thing if nobody but me is alive by the end of my dream? Because either there's nobody in my dream... or they all die. AND NO I DON'T KILL EVERYONE like gemela_dos likes to imply. I've actually saved her life before... depending on how you look at it, I have...Anyways, I just survived the nuclear warfare of WWIII in my dream last night. But let me tell you, it's really lonely being the last person on earth. So glad it was only a dream... nightmare... thing.

"I'm the last person alive... I finally have time to read all the books I've wanted to read!"
*glasses break*
"B-but I had all the time in the world!"

crying crying crying crying crying crying

I've seen that before. That's exactly like something that would happen to me. I'd find somethhing to entertain myself... then something would happen and I'd be alone, helplessly wondering to find a purpose...  

GhostYYZ

Lhia Dunwaith

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2007 6:22 am
~Arabella Strange~
hedwigs_
I seem to vaguely remember thinking 'Why isn't there a driver?' when the train was crashing in the film Anastasia (which I haven't seen for about six years, so I may have my facts wrong.)

I was obsessed with that movie when I was, like, six. Before that, it was Peter Pan. xp Dear God, I hope my sister doesn't come back into this thread or she will have some very cruel things to say about me...  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2007 6:24 am
~Arabella Strange~
Lhia_Dunwaith
GhostYYZ
gemela_dos
maidentears

I once felt fabric... and I think I have felt other things. When I have my nightmares where I'm on a swing and it goes to high, I feel the horrible leaping in my stomach from going up and down.

Once- just once- I felt a kiss. That was the same dream where I dreamt up my alter ego (aka Lhia).  

Lhia Dunwaith

OrionsGift

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2007 9:51 pm
I once had a particuarly strange dream where random children were running and transforming into the elements, earth, fire, water and wind, while Classicial music was played badly in the background. I was watching from the sidelines.

neutral sweatdrop

As for a nightmare, I had this bizzare one where I was on a sinking ship, it was a cross between the Titanic and a cargo ship. There was a coffin nearby and a really, really old lady. Now and again she would open the coffin and she would check to see how the corpse inside was decomposing.

And while this was going on, the ship was sinking and I was terrified beyond all reason about dying. I knew somehow the water was icy cold and I didn't want to touch it because I knew something dreadful would happen if I did.

And all this time, that old woman just sat there in front of the coffin while the ship sank and the angle of the deck grew steeper and steeper. Occasionally peering inside, the person inside, a man, I think was rotting a lot faster than normal too. (I don't know how I knew this, I never saw the body).

That was one of the scariest dreams of my life. I know the dream sounds stupid but it scared the living daylights out of me.  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2007 1:09 pm
OrionsGift
I once had a particuarly strange dream where random children were running and transforming into the elements, earth, fire, water and wind, while Classicial music was played badly in the background. I was watching from the sidelines.

neutral sweatdrop

As for a nightmare, I had this bizzare one where I was on a sinking ship, it was a cross between the Titanic and a cargo ship. There was a coffin nearby and a really, really old lady. Now and again she would open the coffin and she would check to see how the corpse inside was decomposing.

And while this was going on, the ship was sinking and I was terrified beyond all reason about dying. I knew somehow the water was icy cold and I didn't want to touch it because I knew something dreadful would happen if I did.

And all this time, that old woman just sat there in front of the coffin while the ship sank and the angle of the deck grew steeper and steeper. Occasionally peering inside, the person inside, a man, I think was rotting a lot faster than normal too. (I don't know how I knew this, I never saw the body).

That was one of the scariest dreams of my life. I know the dream sounds stupid but it scared the living daylights out of me.

I know what you mean, sometimes the silliest dreams are terrifying at the time. I once had this one where I was at this place (where I had actually been) and I went over to the railings, and on a screen there was an outline of a woman in a fur coat that was dancing in dotted lights. I had this dream several years ago, but I went the the place the dream was set recently, and I saw exactly where the screen was. In reality, it was a sort of screen of squares of metal, and there was a machine you could use to make them move and shine light around. I sounds kinda strage, but it really freaked me out.
The place is called Magna, and it's an old (I think steel?) making place, near Meadowhall, that's been made into a science museum. It was in the air pavilion.
I dunno, but someone might have been there, and know wtf I'm going on about.  

Gilly_Van_Rost

Underestimated_Angel

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2007 2:05 pm
Lhia_Dunwaith
~Arabella Strange~
hedwigs_

I was obsessed with that movie when I was, like, six. Before that, it was Peter Pan. xp Dear God, I hope my sister doesn't come back into this thread or she will have some very cruel things to say about me...

twisted Oh yes, I do. You have no idea. I'd say more, but she's reading over my shoulder, promising to deleate the post if I say anything TOO embarassing. Which would mean everything.  
dead threads - do not post

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff