Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply Forum
You know you're a Beatles fan when.... Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Address your Beatle fandom!
  Beatlemaniac
  Apple Scruff
  Screaming Beatles fanboy/girl
View Results

Liebe Thelema

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2008 7:29 pm
You sometimes forget that certain songs are by "The Beatles" because you frequently refer to them as being by whichever beatle wrote them. (For example- I feel really weird saying "Something" is by the Beatles because I'm used to saying it's by George Harrison.)  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2008 10:10 pm
- when you call your grandfather "That little old man"

- when you say "you disgrace me, get out of my face" when you hear someone doesn't know who The beatles are.

- you watch beatle movies everyday

- you play with submarines in the bathtub just because John did

- you asked for a moptop haircut

- When every time you see Heather Mills you want to throw up  

blue eyed miracle

Mintahy

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2008 3:22 pm
miss_phantasmagoria
Mintahy
miss_phantasmagoria
Mintahy
-You debate with your teacher over them. (My English teacher used them as an example as 'dark musicians' and I started arguing. :'D)

Dark musicians? Please elaborate. I just got really excited over the prospects of a discussion about dark imagery in Beatles songs. Tell me what she had to say!

He didn't say much. He just talked about how we are getting darker and darker, and not everything stays happy.
When he mentioned The Beatles, he said, "Look at The Beatles! They started all cute with their little mop-tops and jolly songs, and by the time they released 'Let it Be' they would never talk to each other, their songs had deep meanings, and they no longer had their little mop-tops."
And so then I proceeded on asking WHY he thought Paul's caveman hair was influenced.
xD

Besides, if he wanted 'dark musicians', he should go to Led Zeppelin...they have very dark imagery. The Beatles imagery wasn't so 'dark', just weird.

That's why Led Zeppy is so intruging and beautiful on their part.
They had some darkness that made that very fascinating. 3nodding

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2008 8:55 pm
When you and your Beatle-loving friends sing beatles songs while walking on the track in PE.  

egginaframe

Liebe Thelema

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2008 2:13 pm
When you're talking about tax-collecters in religion class, so you have "Taxman" stuck in your head for the rest of the day. xp  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2008 2:27 pm
~ When you laugh at dumb or silly jokes because they have Beatles references.

Seriously. The Nevada State Legislature meets every two years, and the press put on a show towards the end of each session called the Third House (because the NV Leg has the Assembly and Senate). At the beginning of the 2003 Third House, one of the press men had a boom box or something and had "Taxman" playing - the joke was that it should be the new State song (because of the big tax package that session). Dumb joke, but it makes me laugh every time.  

faerie_ophelia

johncrapenter

PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2008 12:17 pm
- when you see people burning Beatles albums you die a little inside. D;

PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2008 6:46 am
~ You use Beatles songs when teaching English grammar or action songs (plus providing them handouts with the lyrics).
~ You tell your students to make their own stories using Beatles cartoon pictures.
~ You always emphasize to your students how great the Beatles are.

~ You let everyone in your family dance to Beatles songs during reunions.
~ You beg your boyfriend to sing you Beatles songs while he's playing the guitar.

~ You try to follow the style of your favorite Beatles girl.

~ There's a Beatles song that matches every mood you have.

~ You put Beatles photos on your profile layouts or messenger backgrounds.

~ You try to look your best when you wear your "I'm A Beatles Fan" shirt!  

Bittersweet Lies

PieHippie

PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2008 3:31 pm
You seriously start considering going to The Hard Day's Night Hotel for your honeymoon..even though you don't even have a prospective husband yet.  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2008 3:09 pm
When your iPod is filled with every single beatles song since their beginnings in 1957.  

PerfectStranger_2-0

bandgeek39

PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2008 9:24 am
avii-babii
When you meet a person who has a name mentioned in one of the Beatle's song and you begin singing said song when you talk to said person.

(Like I do to everyone!)

Lol, there's this girl in a couple of my classes named Michelle, and every time I see her, I start singing the song under my breath.  
PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2008 8:27 pm
When through the entire time you read these examples you talk to your self saying stuff like: "Yep I have definatly done that" "Guilty of that one."
Or feel giddy when ever reading them because you know you've done them
also as soon as you wake up in the morning a Beatle song just plays in your head auto-matically
you have nightly jam sessions with just your self and your Beatles CD
you feel like you melt inside when ever your favorite song (at the time) plays and everything around you is just a blur  

Yunexy

Kairi-the-Cranberry-Llama

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2008 5:10 pm
Quote:
-You have an entire shelf dedicated to The Beatles.

Part of a shelf! And various places throughout the my room!

-When you think 'Oh! I should do that!' when you see some of the things on this list
-When you wish you were British like the Beatles, or proud of being British if you are
-When you want to study the sixties in history just because of the Beatles(even though they probably wouldn't even be mentioned!!)  
PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2008 4:50 am
miss_phantasmagoria
-Your body temperature rises whenever you come across something Beatle-y that you weren't expecting.
Seriously. I started sweating in class the other day when my History teacher mentioned Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds. sweatdrop

-You spend several hours a day talking about them on this board. *cough*

-Your voice gets deeper and takes on a Liverpuddlian accent when you talk about them. redface My History teacher pointed that out last week.

-You sing very loudly in public places whenever you hear a Beatles song, and return to composed and polite silence afterwards as if nothing had happened.

-You get a Beatles-related tattoo. Or want to get one.

-You look in the mirror and try to make your eyes as long and narrow as Johns or your eyebrows as perfectly arched as Paul's.

-You joined Choir in the vain hope that you might be able to sing a Beatles song.

-They're in your dreams.

-You want to approach strangers simply because they have something Beatle-y about them.

-You get dressed in your closet because the many posters in your room are watching you. Or: You get dressed in the middle of your room because they're watching you.

-You are reluctant ever to have children because you're so afraid that they won't be Beatles fans. xd

-You've chosen The Beatles over a friend who doesn't like them.

More later; dinner!

Well... Maybe not the last one, but I would. XD

ryvre_stone

Sparkly Friend

ryvre_stone

Sparkly Friend

PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2008 4:51 am
bandgeek39
avii-babii
When you meet a person who has a name mentioned in one of the Beatle's song and you begin singing said song when you talk to said person.

(Like I do to everyone!)

Lol, there's this girl in a couple of my classes named Michelle, and every time I see her, I start singing the song under my breath.

DUDE! There's a chick in my French class named Michelle. So I can sing the song, and have it as an excuse to sing the french part. xd

Forum

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff