Welcome to Gaia! ::

Friends of English Magic - for readers and fans of fantasy

Back to Guilds

A guild for fans of fantasy books - we have discussions, contests, and games! 

Tags: english, fantasy, magic, book, scifi 

Reply dead threads - do not post
The Great Vampires vs Werewolves Debate Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Favorite Vampire (werewolves next!)
Dracula
60%
 60%  [ 3 ]
Eric Northman
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Edward Cullen
40%
 40%  [ 2 ]
Sanguini from Harry Potter
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 5

Lady Pole
Crew

PostPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2008 8:02 am
Vampires  
PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2008 11:49 pm
Vampires will always be more popular than werewolves... Probably because of the way each creature is portrayed.

Vampires are, well, sexy, whether as a ferocious animal or a coolly evil (and beautiful) character. While werewolves are the more pitiful creatures; some poor man who's forced to transform every full moon.

It's always vampires and werewolves, what about witches?  

fukaimoriMidori

Sita Harker
Captain

6,000 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
PostPosted: Sun Jun 01, 2008 3:11 pm
I think it's Witches vs. Ghosts, like Pirates vs. Ninjas.  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2008 5:30 pm
Werewolves. Vampires sometimes seem like they're holding their power back, in a way.  

saske1010

Sita Harker
Captain

6,000 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2008 3:37 pm
saske1010
Werewolves. Vampires sometimes seem like they're holding their power back, in a way.

That's true. Maybe because vampires are always vampires, but werewolves only get to be werewolves on the full moon? So they need to let out a month's worth of energy in 3 nights?  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2008 6:47 pm
It all depends on personal taste. Vampires are suave and could easily pass as a lawyer or a businessman in real life. xd Werewolves are more rugged. I prefer neither, personally, but if I had to choose, I'd go with a werewolf.  

Lhia Dunwaith

Minerva the Bookwyrm

PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2008 9:16 pm
Werewolves, definitely. Vampires are so popular nowadays, and I think it's unfortunate that shape-shifters, faeries and other mythical creatures don't get the attention that they deserve. I like vampires, of course, but they're almost always attractive and seductive whether they're good or evil, and it becomes cliche and boring. I like how werewolves are portrayed in a greater variety of ways.  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2008 1:12 pm
Sita Carew
saske1010

That's true. Maybe because vampires are always vampires, but werewolves only get to be werewolves on the full moon? So they need to let out a month's worth of energy in 3 nights?

Not in all mythology or stories do they have to wait till the full moon. Some stories say that the older and stronger the werewolf gets the more control they have over their transformations. Thus some can change at will.  

kanani_star

beaulolais
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Sat Oct 18, 2008 12:56 pm
i don't imagine vampires get fleas

or mange

(5)  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 19, 2008 12:07 pm
Lhia_Dunwaith
It all depends on personal taste. Vampires are suave and could easily pass as a lawyer or a businessman in real life. xd Werewolves are more rugged. I prefer neither, personally, but if I had to choose, I'd go with a werewolf.

I'm changing my answer. WEREWOLVES ALL THE WAY.

(1)  

Lhia Dunwaith

Dunsinane Hill

PostPosted: Tue Oct 21, 2008 11:31 pm
Hmm. That's a hard choice. Some of my favorite fictional characters have been werewolves (Remus Lupin and Oz from Buffy the Vampire Slayer), but I liked them as people, not necessarily because they were werewolves. Vampires are vampires all the time, there is no separating their condition from who they are. Werewolves are people or wolves (or other animals... my favorite are the Japanese women who turn into foxes. Kitsune?), whereas vampires are always vampires and people.

I'd say they're both tragic, because neither has control over their actions. Vampires gotta eat, too, and werewolves gotta do the werewolf thing. Unless of course they're Stephanie Meyer's sparkly veggie vamps, who aren't all that tragic.

Just to be safe, I'm gonna go with the penguin option.  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2008 1:51 pm
beaulolais
i don't imagine vampires get fleas

or mange

(5)

lol (7)  

Sita Harker
Captain

6,000 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100

Heartless Hippie

Shameless Lover

9,450 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Survivor 150
  • Nudist Colony 200
PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2008 11:26 am
-hums the theme to Married with children- You can't have one without the other!

Seriously, while books and movies that constantly pit vampires against werewolves can be lame when repeated all the time, it's hard to think of a world that has only one but not the other. I like them both and depending on who writes them, they can be Awesome. Though recently, meyer has proven they can suck hardcore too stare  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2008 6:54 pm
Heartless Hippie
-hums the theme to Married with children- You can't have one without the other!

Seriously, while books and movies that constantly pit vampires against werewolves can be lame when repeated all the time, it's hard to think of a world that has only one but not the other. I like them both and depending on who writes them, they can be Awesome. Though recently, meyer has proven they can suck hardcore too stare

I completely agree with you. Vampires and werewolves should go together like peanut butter and jelly, but instead most things that have both of them tend to be horrible...  

Catherine of Aragon

dead threads - do not post

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces