Welcome to Gaia! ::

Legion of Helpers

Back to Guilds

Help for new Members and Friends for those who have been here for years a place to call home! 

Tags: Help, Friends, Contests, Quest, RolePlay 

Reply Extended Discussion
gay marriage Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Cevadeva

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2008 7:19 pm
I, myself, don't really care. If 2 people want to get married then they should be able to do so. Who are we to say that they can't get married? If they want to get married then they should be able to do so.  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2008 9:07 pm
Although I agree, the others would argue that it goes against previously established laws and, perhaps, the word of God.
b  

Bellabie

Pambalamba

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2008 6:22 pm
For the record I am a lesbian in a committed long-term relatioship. I think the issue has gotten lost in this thread. The issue is not about gays being right or wrong. The issue is: Do people have the right to give rights to part of the population and deny the same right to another part of the population. That is this country gives legal perotection to heterosexual couple while it denies these same right to homosexual couples. Why do they deny them their rights? Because they don't agree with the way these people choose to live their lives. They think it is wrong to be homosexual so they force their beliefs onto other peole via the laws. That's not the foundation that this country was built on. This country was built on freedom to choose his/her own way in life. Freedom to live our lives the way we see fit!!!

So the bigger question should be: Do we have the right to deny people their rights based on our beliefs? I say no we don't. We all have the right to make our own decision about our lives. We as the gay/lesbian community don't have the right to put people down because they choose to believe that they way we live is wrong. It is their right to believe that way. It is the churches right to not allow us to marry or become memebers in their church because it goes against their doctrine. Just as it is our right to be who we are and believe the way we do.

So this is my suggestion:
Let the church keep their marriage ceramony. I actually don't think it's a big thing if we choose to not call it marriage. Then we are saying it is their right to believe the way they do. Marriage is 2 things: the ceramony and the legal aspect. Let us split the 2 things. The church can keep the ceramony under their control. But the legal side of it goes to the federal government. That means when you go in and apply for the license you have partaking in the legal side. Anyone who applies for the license gets the legal protect. Then people can have the service where ever they want. So you have the civil union that everyone can partake of! Then everyone is protected under the law and no one is being descriminated against!!!

Noted:
The other suggestion I have is:
If you don't want to give homosexuals the same rights as heterosexual then take the rights away from everyone. Make everyone have to see a lawyer to protect themselves as the LGBT community does now!!
This way everyone has the same rights!!!!  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2008 10:34 am
I seriously wonder sometimes why people talk about it, like, for or against?

Dude, why care? Like its anyone elses business but the two people getting married.

Rick Santorum (Idiot.. I mean, SENATOR of Pennyslvania) stated that gay marriage was a slippery slope to bestiality and wrong, immoral, etc etc.

That is prejudice at a level which is staggering in this time.

Yeah, Billy and Bob tie the knot and all the sudden the cat wants to blow them.

Seriously, if it doesn't affect you, why bother?  

guantanamobayxx

Bellabie

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2008 11:08 am
People talk about it because it is does affect people. Many wish to be married, but cannot.

Love.

We act as though this is an accepting environment, yet multiple times in this very guild, I have heard attacks made in manner of calling another homosexual, and people saying that homosexual love is something gross or awful. WHAT?!
I thought this was a sanctuary.

Why should a man and woman kissing be allowed, while two men or women is mature content?
b  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2008 1:02 pm
I was in the mood, so I coloured an old sketch of mine.
User Image

heart
b  

Bellabie

TheEmoSalesman

PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2008 8:45 am
People from the religious right wing will say that gay marriage is a sin against God. But nowhere in the Bible does it actually say that gay marriage is forbidden! Besides, if you ask me, if you have a problem with gay marriage, then you don't have to get one, so shut the hell up. They have the right to do what they want and love whoever they choose, and that includes marriage.  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2008 8:37 pm
I'd like to agree,
But it sort of does...
Some quotes.
b  

Bellabie

Mileena Chardonnay

Dangerous Sex Symbol

8,400 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Battle: KO 200
  • Gender Swap 100
PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2008 2:23 pm
Ah, but now we can argue the validity of the Bible, as well as the opinions of its various variants, and further vex the vigils of the vigilant with violent verbatim.  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2008 9:41 pm
Mobius Nightshade
Ah, but now we can argue the validity of the Bible, as well as the opinions of its various variants, and further vex the vigils of the vigilant with violent verbatim.

My response was in turn to "But nowhere in the Bible does it actually say that gay marriage is forbidden," but, as I see, now, I did not prove a thing because it forbids homosexual intercourse, not marriage.
b  

Bellabie

Mileena Chardonnay

Dangerous Sex Symbol

8,400 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Gender Swap 100
PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2008 2:05 pm
Ah, but we don't know if the Bible is truth, lie, or exaggeration. Furthermore, it was written by human hands, and more likely than not heterosexual hands. The Bible is biased. Also, those quotes aren't mentioned in every edition of the Bible. There are multiple forms of Christianity, each with their own Bible. Also, the bibles and tomes of other religions do not mention such things. Not all gods are against homosexuality, t'would seem.  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2008 7:40 am
I never said that they were, nor did I that the Bible speaks truth.
I merely replied to a previously made comment.
b  

Bellabie

phataki-prema

PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2008 10:40 am
yay for gay marriage thats for sure no questions asked. Its a free country and if you love someone marriage should not stop yay for gay marriage!  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2008 2:08 pm
Preach it, girl! You tell it like it is!  

Mileena Chardonnay

Dangerous Sex Symbol

8,400 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Gender Swap 100

phataki-prema

PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2008 1:14 pm
smile

well think of it like this, suppose your really close best friend was gay and she came out to you and told you she was gay would you stop being friends with her and start to dislike her or would you accept her as her?

Many research has been done to find that orientation is indeed part genetics however that is up in the air.

I beleive that as long as one is happy there should not be a problem, and anyway what does it matter to one if one is gay or not its not your life your living its theres smile  
Extended Discussion

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff