Welcome to Gaia! ::

Legion of Helpers

Back to Guilds

Help for new Members and Friends for those who have been here for years a place to call home! 

Tags: Help, Friends, Contests, Quest, RolePlay 

Reply Extended Discussion
Is it really right or is it actually against what they wish? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Mileena Chardonnay

Dangerous Sex Symbol

8,400 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Battle: KO 200
  • Gender Swap 100
PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2007 7:04 pm
I like quantum physics CONCEPTS. The paperwork and equations involved, simple though they may be.... not so much. I despise paperwork with nearly every fibre of my being.  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2007 8:02 pm
Ah, I suppose.
I think paperwork in the sense of applications is bothersome, but I love the feeling of accomplishment after solving something even if it is just some basic quadratic.
b  

Bellabie

Lady Rayya

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2007 9:08 pm
@ mobius and bellabie: you both are sick... LIKING math? I CLEP'ed out of my math requirements just this morning, but only because I couldn't pass it if I took it in class format... math.... *shudders*

BACK to the topic: suicide....

This cowardly child here in Nebraska left a note that said he "wanted to go out in style," and that "now he would be famous," walked into Westroads shopping mall in Omaha and killed eight people, wounded five others, and shot his own sorry a$$.

He was 20, not 19 as is being stated, and the press is giving him the fame he wanted so badly. He had depression, as if that excuses him, and eight people who had families waiting for them will never, ever come home.

This angers me. Suicide is not only cowardly (it IS the ultimate in running away, sorry Bellabie), it is the most insulting manner of death one can impose on those one leaves behind. It screams to the world "PITY ME, I COULDN'T TAKE IT. NO BODY LOVED ME, I GUESS I'LL GO EAT WORMS!" and we as a sad, pathetic society swallow it whole.

I do not pity them. I pity the people they leave behind. I do not mourn them. I mourn those they hurt.

And as for this murdering coward here in Nebraska, he is a piece of trash, no better than the refuse carted away everyday to the dump. The people he killed, they were worth something. For their families, and for the people the coward left behind, I feel for. But for him.... no. There is only anger.  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2007 4:50 am
That's a different kind of suicide all together, Rayya. There are the suicides to be pitied, but the 'publicity stunt' variety is something we can all agree is wrong. It is not the announced suicides that we should mourn; those people are just begging for an attention they never had, or never had much of. It is the quiet ones, the ones who wish to leave this world quietly, to try and spare others the pain of immediate knowledge, that we should take pity on. If not for the tragedy of their mindset, then for their weakness and their last resort. Just as we pity the feeble-minded and the physically inept, so too must we pity the suicidal.  

Mileena Chardonnay

Dangerous Sex Symbol

8,400 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Gender Swap 100

Master Clockfish

Dapper Millionaire

4,250 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Wall Street 200
PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2007 10:21 am
Dammie-kins
Enough with the story please boxman

I only told my story to prove my point, not to entertain you over a beer.

Quote:
It may be your point where you grew up scorned

I didn't really grow up as scorned as I claim to be. I was picked on a lot as a kid and my hypersensitive personality took things from there. One person did actually feel sorry for me and we became friends for a while.

Quote:
but to carry on the tradition is not something benificial I was scorned whenI went through my suicidal phase and I survived to help others and you seem to condemn them to a fate which will glad-fully happen to them without someones help

No, I seek to save people from ridicule. If people really feel they need help, they can go see a psychiatrist. Parents or friends are only going to make things worse.

Quote:
Boxman you may be a coward but as far as the self confidence goes your still a human being choosing to fight another day

Who says I want to?

Quote:
That counts for something mate even though you might call yourself all those things I still dont hate you.

And yet you remind Bellabie that she doesn't know how much you hate me at this point in time.

Quote:
And you were directing it towards everyone and that was very incensitive, learn to hold your tongue on matters of importance if all you can do is bring negativity

That's the way the world works, boy. It's not all rainbows and unicorns and s**t. In the real world people are always rubbing each other's faces in the mud. Just because you don't want something to happen doesn't mean it's not going to.

Of course, if you don't like all the negativity, you can always plug your fingers in your ears and shout "LALALALALALALA!"

Quote:
Thats not a request thats a threat. Get some respect

Easier said than done. You can't waltz down to the supermarket and pick up a sack of Respect.

If you hate me so much, Dammie, why not kick me from the guild? It won't prove anything, but maybe it will make you feel better anyway.  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2007 3:38 pm
Fellas, please! What's with all the fightin' and feudin'? Can't you guys just agree to disagree? Surely you don't have to resort to DRASTIC measures, do you?  

Mileena Chardonnay

Dangerous Sex Symbol

8,400 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Gender Swap 100

Dameon the -V-

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2007 5:35 pm
The greatest weapon is the past now isn't my dear boxman. You truely have hit the edge of your patience haven't you? Threatening me to ban you from the guild is an all time low I will have to admit even for you. Although I would love to stoop down to your level and start a rant on one of your many past threads but I like to live in the present and actually enjoy life. So says my nakie avi =D

Live and love, don't be an annoying little p***k  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2007 6:20 pm
Dammie-kins
Threatening me to ban you from the guild is an all time low I will have to admit even for you.

sweatdrop
That's not really a threat, you know. If you'd said it, it would be a threat...
b  

Bellabie

Dameon the -V-

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2007 6:37 pm
*sigh*
Thanks bella for undermining my authority when I feel as if I have a little
(please don't take that personal I felt a little self-righteous after that post because I stopped myself from yelling at him and warning him to shut his arrogant trap before I end up locking all your threads, thats all)  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2007 12:06 pm
It is instinct to attack when one feels they're being attacked. My words ring true, praise the Lord 'n say thankee. Boxman and Dammie make each other feel attacked, methinks.  

Mileena Chardonnay

Dangerous Sex Symbol

8,400 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Gender Swap 100

Lady Rayya

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2007 1:42 pm
you'd lock all of Bella's threads simply because Boxman is trying to bait you?  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2007 2:44 pm
*gasps* He meant BELLABIE!?! *faints*  

Mileena Chardonnay

Dangerous Sex Symbol

8,400 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Gender Swap 100

Bellabie

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2007 3:13 pm
Oh, goodness, I hadn't realized I'd so offended.
Many apologies, sir; I was mislead.
Perhaps your phrasing was clear and my head was not.
I am very, very sorry for troubling you.
b  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2007 3:36 pm
not really

I meant it at boxman

I have been off of gaia for a while so I just got back on

I have warned boxman before about this and if he continues in this action I will systematically delete his post in the discussion forum

He will be hereby banned from the sub-forum if he doesn't follow this rule. I am not abusing power dearest boxman you seem to clutter the discussions with this junk and it has thrown it off topic. Stabilizing what little peace we have

@mobius
I just really don't like his attitude towards a mod that keeps his guild clean. I really unapproved it.  

Dameon the -V-

Mileena Chardonnay

Dangerous Sex Symbol

8,400 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Gender Swap 100
PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2007 4:21 pm
*un-faints* Perhaps his attitude is not toward the mod part of you, mein freund. Perhaps it is merely another facet of your personality. You two should try and work out each other's differences, but I'd suggest not using such measures unless absolutely necessary. To ban Boxman merely because he wronged you is to deprive the rest of us of his presence. I happen to his enjoy his presence, thank you, so I'll kindly ask you to reconsider your options.  
Extended Discussion

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff