Welcome to Gaia! ::

~ Midnight Moon ~

Back to Guilds

~ for pagans, wiccans and witches ~ 

Tags: wiccan, witchcraft, paganism, wicca, heathenry 

Reply *~Forum~* (general discussion/questions)
Solitary or Coven Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Solitary or Coven?
  Solitary
  Coven
  This'll give me gold if I click it right? Coolios!
View Results

Danipyr

PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2008 12:39 am
I'm solitary, I've always been solitary, and I probably will be so for the next.. While..

As far as I know of, there isn't any others in my area, who practices any of this.. In any way.

But if I had the chance, I would probably join a coven.

But for now, I like being solitary just fine. 3nodding  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2008 3:15 pm
I don't work in a coven per say, but my family holds large group ritual. We usually have a large turnout, and several of the members show up every time. We have been thinking about starting a coven but haven't had the time or resources just yet. However, I do believe that group work is very important. Solitary energy is nothing like what you feel when you do a group circle. You can really feel the gods and goddesses once you have experienced a good group ritual. 3nodding  

Alice Nakagawa

Lotus Poem

PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2008 3:33 pm
I am not wiccan and have never been initiated into a coven. However, in my experience I have both practiced solo and with a circle. My husband and I are considering starting a small circle for us and our children and maybe a very few close friends.

I think that community is incredibly important. Being able to discuss and learn and interact with others is such a beautiful thing. Of course a coven isn't required for that, so if you are solitary seeking out a meetup group, book club, or at least a couple of good friends of a similar mind can be hugely beneficial.  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2008 3:12 pm
(Quote things don't seem to like me at the moment.)

Dragoness Arleeana--"Covens are meant to tell you what to believe in."

Hooooold up!

Sorry, but I have to adress this as well.

I COMPLETELY disagree with that. Why? Because I have a coven, and as the high priestess of the coven, I'm constantly telling my coven mates what I've researched and what makes sense to me--but and however! I always, always, ALWAYS tell them that if they find differently or think differently or anything of that nature or maybe they just feel it in their gutt as it being different that they should follow that before anything else.

Examples are the Elements, Lord and Lady (personally I believe that they are both parts of a sort of universal mind and that I simply choose to personify the universe as a man and woman because it makes sense to me), Altars (personally I believe that 1) the aren't necessary and 2) they don't have to be dedicated to one particular purpose or divine being), Initiaton, etc.

Hel, in my coven, even ranks don't really matter. The only thing they're used for is to help each other know how long one has been practicing in terms of years and experience. My "rank" as high priestess holds no more power than that of those who are new to the Craft, it simply states that I'm more advanced in some studies (not all) and that I put together the meetings and all that.

Sorry, I just had to get that out.  

Clair Fay

Alice Nakagawa

PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2008 11:41 pm
I agree completely with Kuriyaki- the coven I used to be in ENCOURAGED me to do my own research, and not believe what they say as gospel.  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 07, 2008 1:24 am
All the world's a stage
And the men and women merely players

Solitary. I don't have anything against covens, but I prefer to work by myself. If I had a closer knit circle of Pagan friends, I may consider practicing with them, but at the moment, I walk my path alone.

I have, however, sat with a Buddhist sangha, which is a fantastic meditation experience. I was hoping to go to a three day meditation retreat a few weeks ago, but alas, too many schedule conflicts.

User Image

Vanya Karamazov

Aryain Flames

PostPosted: Sun Nov 09, 2008 1:53 pm
im solitary, but i wouldn't mind working in a group...the problem is im WAY underage. a friend of mine is interested in Wicca, so maybe ill do some work with her, im not sure yet.  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2009 8:04 pm
SOlitary until I find a coven to my liking  

IceQueenMizore

oddmolly

4,350 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Member 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2009 11:50 pm
I love being outside in my yard, under the Moon ,all alone ,standing next to my stone circle . I have my cats and my dog, sometimes my daughters will join me, or a trusted friend, but often Im alone, and its quiet. Im able to focus, set my intentions, speak my mind, without being judged in any way..I love being Solitary and will always choose to be so. 3nodding  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2009 6:37 pm
Ive been in a Coven once. Id like to be again someday. Till then I will keep working Solitare.  

Amethyst Moontree

whiporwill-o

PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2009 6:57 pm
i am and have always been solitary, which is good for people with a sparatic life schedule, but i do wish i had someone to study/practice with. not neccessarily a full coven, just a few people, but most of the people in my area who claim that they are pagan or wiccan kinda scare me. so for now, i'm happy to just be a solitary practitioner smile  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2009 3:03 pm
Coven of the Crimson Crowe baby yeah  

KiroYuRawr

Violet Song jat Shariff
Crew

Resilient Raider

7,200 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Citizen 200
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2009 4:41 pm
KiroYuRawr
Coven of the Crimson Crowe baby yeah

Ah what path is that coven of?  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2009 5:54 pm
I'm technically in a coven. But shortly after me and my boyfriend joined, the High Priest/our friend stopped talking to us. I've tried getting into contact with him but the rare times I do he says he's super busy. So I do mostly solitary things, or with my boyfriend.  

Talesofbiro

kage no neko

Invisible Phantom

8,500 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Bunny Hunter 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2009 6:02 pm
I've always been solitary. I'd like to start practicing more with my boyfriend though.

I've never been in a coven, nor witnessed one.
I think a coven would be nice to have sometimes, but I prefer doing my own thing. A coven could be a second family. They could have experience and ability to help and advise when you're lost. But they may also judge and not agree with your practices.  
*~Forum~* (general discussion/questions)

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games