Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply Gaia Gun Enthusiasts
Firearm n00bs: Post your links to them here. Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... 55 56 57 58 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

OberFeldwebel

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2008 6:54 pm
Fresnel
OberFeldwebel
http://www.gaiaonline.com/forum/barton-town/outlaw-open/t.36844935/

See if there are any noobs there.

Quote:
Two .50 caliber Desert Eagles, one with an extended barrel while the other carries on explosive rounds. His favored weapon, when coming to guns, is his blackened Strayer Voigt also with an extended barrel to further increase accuracy.

Nope, no noobs here, move along... ninja

K thx.  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2008 7:00 pm
OberFeldwebel
Fresnel
OberFeldwebel

Quote:
Two .50 caliber Desert Eagles, one with an extended barrel while the other carries on explosive rounds. His favored weapon, when coming to guns, is his blackened Strayer Voigt also with an extended barrel to further increase accuracy.

K thx.
Ooh, there's one dweeb there with dual single-action revolvers. rolleyes  

Fresnel
Crew

Citizen

OberFeldwebel

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2008 7:06 pm
Fresnel
OberFeldwebel
Fresnel
OberFeldwebel

Quote:

K thx.

As opposed to Israeli hand cannons?  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2008 7:36 pm
OberFeldwebel
Fresnel
OberFeldwebel
Fresnel
OberFeldwebel

Quote:

K thx.

As opposed to Israeli hand cannons?
At least the hand cannon might hit something. An uncocked single-action is as useful as a cap gun.  

Fresnel
Crew

Citizen

Lord Plate
Crew

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2008 7:36 pm
Fresnel
OberFeldwebel
Fresnel
OberFeldwebel

Quote:

K thx.

That's not so bad. So long as you only fire one at a time.  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2008 7:44 pm
Well I once made a character in a story that used a 10" barrel Desert Eagle colored white. It shot bullets with cavities in the front holding liquid nitrogen. When they entered the body the "bubble" burst, flash-freezing internal organs along with the bullet damage.

Ludicrous, sure, but still fun in theory.

And another character used a large, black revolver firing 13mm rockets in a similar way to the Gyrojet did. Those bullets had whiite phosphorus in the tips.

Of course they weren't completely noob-like, because I did know about firearms back then. I just liked being inventive.  

ArmasTermin

Lord Plate
Crew

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2008 7:47 pm
Creative license is usually more important to popular writing than accuracy when referring to firearms.

After all, gun nuts aren't stereotypically into book readin'.  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2008 7:56 pm
ArmasTermin
Well I once made a character in a story that used a 10" barrel Desert Eagle colored white. It shot bullets with cavities in the front holding liquid nitrogen. When they entered the body the "bubble" burst, flash-freezing internal organs along with the bullet damage.

And another character used a large, black revolver firing 13mm rockets in a similar way to the Gyrojet did. Those bullets had whiite phosphorus in the tips.

Of course they weren't completely noob-like, because I did know about firearms back then. I just liked being inventive.
*ponders* I wonder how well a glass bullet would work... Y'know, assuming it doesn't shatter at least until it hits the target.  

Fresnel
Crew

Citizen

Lord Plate
Crew

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2008 7:59 pm
Fresnel
ArmasTermin

*ponders* I wonder how well a glass bullet would work... Y'know, assuming it doesn't shatter at least until it hits the target.

Not shattering may be a problem, when, you know, it's fired.

There's plenty of harder materials that break up in the wound.  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2008 8:18 pm
Exceprt:

The three teams took to their paths and the storm on the Jet-Tech facility was officially under way. Commander Chill drew his ten-inch-barreled glacial white Desert Eagle and ran with the others into the front.
“Leave the lower-level know-nothings be, but eliminate all that would have any knowledge of the weapons. Onyx leaders, use those discs to get the information.”

Security of the building was pathetic at best. A man with a baton stupidly charged the Commander who simply lifted the mighty weapon and expelled a shot into him. It was no ordinary bullet, though. The technology used for it was identical to that used in Morbid’s custom weapon, but the frost gathering on the guard’s chest and in his heart, freezing it solid, showed one distinct difference. The Commander quickly dropped man after man with his nitrogen-filled rocket bullets. Even if a lethal shot wasn’t made, the flash-freezing of a vital organ would surely finish any left standing.

That was written in July of 2006, so I'm a better writer now, though.

And shut up, yes, I named a character "Commander Chill" and another one "General Morbid". Get off my back.  

ArmasTermin

Fresnel
Crew

Citizen

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2008 8:26 pm
ArmasTermin
Exceprt:

The three teams took to their paths and the storm on the Jet-Tech facility was officially under way. Commander Chill drew his ten-inch-barreled glacial white Desert Eagle and ran with the others into the front.
“Leave the lower-level know-nothings be, but eliminate all that would have any knowledge of the weapons. Onyx leaders, use those discs to get the information.”

Security of the building was pathetic at best. A man with a baton stupidly charged the Commander who simply lifted the mighty weapon and expelled a shot into him. It was no ordinary bullet, though. The technology used for it was identical to that used in Morbid’s custom weapon, but the frost gathering on the guard’s chest and in his heart, freezing it solid, showed one distinct difference. The Commander quickly dropped man after man with his nitrogen-filled rocket bullets. Even if a lethal shot wasn’t made, the flash-freezing of a vital organ would surely finish any left standing.

That was written in July of 2006, so I'm a better writer now, though.

And shut up, yes, I named a character "Commander Chill" and another one "General Morbid". Get off my back.
There are so many awesome jokes one can make about military names. Private Busch, Major Johnson, General Mayhem... the list goes on!  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2008 8:54 pm
What about Private Parts or Major Woody?  

OberFeldwebel

Fresnel
Crew

Citizen

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2008 8:58 pm
OberFeldwebel
What about Private Parts or Major Woody?
I suppose "Major Idiot" is a bit overdone after Spaceballs, no?  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2008 1:13 pm
I had a relative from the deep South who was named General by his parents legally.

He later became a Major and fought in Gettysburg. xd  

Lord Plate
Crew

OO23OO

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2008 7:55 pm
Lord Plate
I had a relative from the deep South who was named General by his parents legally.

He later became a Major and fought in Gettysburg. xd
Major General General General?  
Gaia Gun Enthusiasts

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... 55 56 57 58 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas