maybe
View Results

Nekoei

Blessed Prophet

11,150 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2007 5:44 pm
No matter how big it gets, I will always love and adore Twilight. It saved me from the perpetual monotony that was
Harry Potter. 3nodding  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2007 8:41 pm

Ok, I have several things to say...
First, I am part of the Twilight revolution.
I bought the book because I was at the bookstore one day and I was told that a friend of mine liked it, and the back quote intrigued me.
Then I got totally obsessed with it, and I started talking about it to some of my friends.
I got one of them to buy the books, but the other prefers to listen to me tell the story.
I did it because I wanted people to talk to about the book.
On n00bs blabbing about the books...yes, that pisses me off.
Twilight isn't very popular in my school yet, but it's gaining some fans among the anime geeks (no offense towards anyone intended).
Most of the girls in my school are too "cool" to read, and if you mention vampires they'll think you're emo and weird.
On whether the popularity is ruining the books...I don't think so.
Sure, the movie will probably suck in that it won't be anything close to what I have in my imagination, but after I get angry at all the mistakes it made, I'll very probably obsess with it and call it the best movie ever, cuz it's what I always end up doing with Harry Potter.
So, in conclusion, no matter how popular the books get, they will always be magical to me, and I will continue to make as many people as I can to join the revolution.

OpalGirl

7,850 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Generous 100
  • Voter 100

VampiraBaby

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2007 7:07 pm
In some ways i can see why ppl say yes but i don't care if people think its too popular, i still love the series.  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2007 6:25 pm
i think that it is becoming way to popular i have one friend who wont stop talking about it and fanfics of it its like ok we get the point i dont even really like to read fanfics cause they mess stuff up crying anyway i think that when to many people like it it loses its appeal i know this other vampire series that is really good (cirque-du-freak) and you dont hear anybody talking about it but i think that it about ties w/ twilight but each has there own version of vampires i think that when your whole town goes bannanas over it.........you got a problem  

u hozers

xbookxwormx

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2007 7:13 pm
OpalGirl

Ok, I have several things to say...
First, I am part of the Twilight revolution.
I bought the book because I was at the bookstore one day and I was told that a friend of mine liked it, and the back quote intrigued me.
Then I got totally obsessed with it, and I started talking about it to some of my friends.
I got one of them to buy the books, but the other prefers to listen to me tell the story.
I did it because I wanted people to talk to about the book.
On n00bs blabbing about the books...yes, that pisses me off.
Twilight isn't very popular in my school yet, but it's gaining some fans among the anime geeks (no offense towards anyone intended).
Most of the girls in my school are too "cool" to read, and if you mention vampires they'll think you're emo and weird.
On whether the popularity is ruining the books...I don't think so.
Sure, the movie will probably suck in that it won't be anything close to what I have in my imagination, but after I get angry at all the mistakes it made, I'll very probably obsess with it and call it the best movie ever, cuz it's what I always end up doing with Harry Potter.
So, in conclusion, no matter how popular the books get, they will always be magical to me, and I will continue to make as many people as I can to join the revolution.
yeah, not many people read it in my school either
but it's the stupid people that ruin it for me
i still love the twilight series
it'll probably be something only my boyfriend and I have talks about
maybe that's why i get angry with people being too obsessed over the book, it's something special between my boyfriend and I
kind of like an inside joke.
but it's not a joke..
that sounds weird, but it makes sense to me..  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2007 8:07 am
Maybe...  

WineChan

Rapunzel207

6,000 Points
  • Wall Street 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2007 4:33 pm
i ove this series. it could never get old for me...
*sighs in rapture*  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2007 4:34 pm
*love*
hee!  

Rapunzel207

6,000 Points
  • Wall Street 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Sophomore 300

Miss Nonsense

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2007 8:54 am
Some people only read the books because they are wannabe emos or goths, are in for a good love story and not interested in the plot or characters and their development and are obsessed with vampires/think they are one. Um, hello. Not gonna happen people.

I would say I'm a relatively new fan to the series, but I sure don't go around saying that I know everything about the book. That would bother me if I had been a loyal fan since it first came out. Or if I had only read one book and went around saying that it was my favorite series like when people say that they love Led Zeppelin and only know Stairway to Heaven.

Another thing that annoys me is when people have this intense hatred for Bella just because they are in "love" with Edward. Edward is amazing, but he is fictional, people. And he and Bella are so meant to be together. So leave her alone, guys. I can identify with Bella in many ways and I think she is a well-developed character and DEFINITELY not a Mary Sue!  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2007 9:31 am
3nodding yeah... it's really stupid 2 be jealous at bella... stare we all like/love the characters... but we'll never reach them anyway stare ... so it's ok for them to find someone... and one/we can dream with bella... f.e. whee  

yohkomano

xbookxwormx

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2007 11:19 am
Zoso22
Some people only read the books because they are wannabe emos or goths, are in for a good love story and not interested in the plot or characters and their development and are obsessed with vampires/think they are one. Um, hello. Not gonna happen people.

I would say I'm a relatively new fan to the series, but I sure don't go around saying that I know everything about the book. That would bother me if I had been a loyal fan since it first came out. Or if I had only read one book and went around saying that it was my favorite series like when people say that they love Led Zeppelin and only know Stairway to Heaven.

Another thing that annoys me is when people have this intense hatred for Bella just because they are in "love" with Edward. Edward is amazing, but he is fictional, people. And he and Bella are so meant to be together. So leave her alone, guys. I can identify with Bella in many ways and I think she is a well-developed character and DEFINITELY not a Mary Sue!
i totally agree  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2007 1:03 pm
To be honest, I'm a bit confused by all the strong emotion against so called n00bs. ninja

Frankly I couldn't give a toss if someone wants to delude themselves into thinking that they are Edwards biggest "OMG fan!"

I enjoyed reading the books, love the characters and can't wait until the next one in the series comes out. If the book is popular there is a better chance that Stephanie will continue to write and that makes me a happy girl. smile

I know what people mean when they say that they don't want something to become popular, being part of an elite is kind of special, but it is better to look at the positives. There certainly are more positives to Twilights popularity than negatives really sweatdrop  

Kagura1889

Obsessive Gekko

6,225 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Signature Look 250
  • Marathon 300

PurpleViolinist

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2007 8:55 am
All that bothers me is when people say, "Oh, EVERYONE at my school is reading that book."

I'm always like, "oh cool," but then I feel like telling them how I didn't even know how popular the book was when I started reading it and how "everyone" is probably just reading it to fit in. o___o.  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2007 3:09 pm
The more copies sell the more money Stephenie and others make. Plus, news stations and whatnot dubbed Twilight the next Harry Potter.  

Bibbidi Bobbidi Boo

xbookxwormx

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2007 4:31 pm
Bibbidi Bobbidi Boo
The more copies sell the more money Stephenie and others make. Plus, news stations and whatnot dubbed Twilight the next Harry Potter.
Oh dear god..
i hope it's not
i don't even like harry potter that much
gonk  
Twilight - The Book, by Stephenie Meyer

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items