CapitalistPleb

Thirteenth Capitalist

7,500 Points
  • Happy 13th, Gaia Online! 50
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Wed Mar 10, 2010 4:28 pm
Fresnel
hockeyboy96
the aa12 uses 12 gauge and it doesn't have much recoil.
The AA-12 is an overhyped piece of s**t that disregards every single thing we've learned about soldiers and their guns in the last fifty years.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 11, 2010 4:57 am
hockeyboy96
Fresnel
hockeyboy96
The AA-12 is an overhyped piece of s**t that disregards every single thing we've learned about soldiers and their guns in the last fifty years.

The AA-12 "doesn't have to be cleaned". Remember the last time we were told that? That was the M16.

The AA-12 has two sections of outer shell, left and right, which have to be essentially peeled off to strip the gun. Yeah, like that's not going to break.

The AA-12 uses a 7-round stick mag or a 20-round drum (and I heard rumors of a 32-round drum). Name me one drum magazine that survived a year on the front lines. The Thompson's drum was buggy and rattled a lot, it was replaced with a 30-round stick. The PPSh's drum jammed like mad, had to be loaded with no more than 65 of its maximum 71 rounds, and was replaced with a 35-round stick. Since then, Beta is the only company ballsy enough to try, and the military is already too wary to adopt it.

Recoil is the enemy. 12 gauge? ****** please.

Ammunition size is the enemy. 12 gauge? ****** please.

If you give a grunt full auto, HE WILL USE IT, and he will b***h that he's out of ammo two minutes later, blaming everyone but himself. The AA-12 has ONLY full auto. You have to jerk the trigger (bad form) to get a single round out of it.

I'm certain there were more, but that's all that comes to mind for now.  

Fresnel
Crew

Citizen

CapitalistPleb

Thirteenth Capitalist

7,500 Points
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Tue Mar 23, 2010 8:01 am
Fresnel
hockeyboy96
Fresnel
hockeyboy96

The AA-12 "doesn't have to be cleaned". Remember the last time we were told that? That was the M16.

The AA-12 has two sections of outer shell, left and right, which have to be essentially peeled off to strip the gun. Yeah, like that's not going to break.

The AA-12 uses a 7-round stick mag or a 20-round drum (and I heard rumors of a 32-round drum). Name me one drum magazine that survived a year on the front lines. The Thompson's drum was buggy and rattled a lot, it was replaced with a 30-round stick. The PPSh's drum jammed like mad, had to be loaded with no more than 65 of its maximum 71 rounds, and was replaced with a 35-round stick. Since then, Beta is the only company ballsy enough to try, and the military is already too wary to adopt it.

If you give a grunt full auto, HE WILL USE IT, and he will b***h that he's out of ammo two minutes later, blaming everyone but himself. The AA-12 has ONLY full auto. You have to jerk the trigger (bad form) to get a single round out of it.

correct me if I'm wrong but I thought that after the Pentagon realized they screwed up with the m-16 in Vietnam they modified it with chrome and changed the gunpowder so it was self-cleaning. You would think they wouldn't make the same mistake again. but then again the government is always suprising me with their idiocy  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 23, 2010 1:05 pm
hockeyboy96
Fresnel
hockeyboy96
Fresnel
hockeyboy96

correct me if I'm wrong but I thought that after the Pentagon realized they screwed up with the m-16 in Vietnam they modified it with chrome and changed the gunpowder so it was self-cleaning. You would think they wouldn't make the same mistake again. but then again the government is always suprising me with their idiocy
...No, see, they told the soldiers it was "self-cleaning," and did not give them kits to clean the guns with. An M-16, like EVERY gun, NEEDS TO BE CLEANED. Pretty much any time someone says you *never* need to clean a gun, they're talking out their a**.  

Mr Savoy

Tier One OPERATOR

PostPosted: Tue Mar 23, 2010 1:55 pm
One specific part is self-cleaning. The brass kinda ran with that. And then lots of bullshit.  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 23, 2010 2:20 pm
Mr Savoy
hockeyboy96
Fresnel
hockeyboy96
Fresnel
hockeyboy96

...No, see, they told the soldiers it was "self-cleaning," and did not give them kits to clean the guns with. An M-16, like EVERY gun, NEEDS TO BE CLEANED. Pretty much any time someone says you *never* need to clean a gun, they're talking out their a**.
This. Even the almighty "never jams and can operate after being buried in mud" AK-47 needs cleaning. Granted, it doesn't need as THOROUGH of a cleaning as most any other modern assault rifle does- run a shoestring dipped in motor oil through the barrel and it's clean enough-, but it does need to be cleaned. Any gun that says it never needs to be cleaned is full of s**t.  

Requiem ex Inferni

Eloquent Streaker

Fresnel
Crew

Citizen

PostPosted: Fri Mar 26, 2010 6:29 am
Tier One OPERATOR
One specific part is self-cleaning. The brass kinda ran with that. And then lots of bullshit.
That was the inside of the gas tube, right? Makes me wonder why they sell extra-super-long pipe cleaners to clean that out. xd  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 26, 2010 9:41 am
Fresnel
Tier One OPERATOR
That was the inside of the gas tube, right? Makes me wonder why they sell extra-super-long pipe cleaners to clean that out. xd
Because in normal use, it doesn't need to be cleaned. Like, ever. That and the gas key. But, there are some black rifle fetishists that want it inspection clean all the time, everywhere, and so you have ridiculous s**t like that. The time you actually NEED to clean the gas tube, it's time to replace it.  

Tier One OPERATOR

CapitalistPleb

Thirteenth Capitalist

7,500 Points
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Sun Mar 28, 2010 12:33 pm
Requiem in Mortis
Mr Savoy
hockeyboy96
Fresnel
hockeyboy96

This. Even the almighty "never jams and can operate after being buried in mud" AK-47 needs cleaning. Granted, it doesn't need as THOROUGH of a cleaning as most any other modern assault rifle does- run a shoestring dipped in motor oil through the barrel and it's clean enough-, but it does need to be cleaned. Any gun that says it never needs to be cleaned is full of s**t.

got it thanks 3nodding  
Zombies. Seriously.

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces